Welcome to the updated TF Metals Report! We hope you enjoy the new experience.

We've changed payment processors, so any existing renewals will need to be re-subscribed after expiration. You will receive an email when this happens. If you have any questions, send a message through the Contact page.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sun, Oct 9, 2011 - 4:05am
kemp
-
Tempe, AZ

US Coins

I was tipped off to this deal by someone (Piano I think) on Main Street. US Coins offers (1) each of the following coins at spot, plus $10 shipping. I was a bit suspicious of this offer so used a CC (no extra charge). Well the coins arrived yesterday, a 2010 Silver Eagle, and a 1999 1/10 Gold Eagle in great condition so no longer am I suspicious.

Silver eagle

https://ecom.uscoins.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=228874

1/10 gold eagle

https://ecom.uscoins.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=202170

Edited by: kemp on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:13am
Tue, Oct 11, 2011 - 7:42pm
CBDooper
-
Left Coast

US Coins

I would be careful in dealing with them. I also placed an order for the same deal. My problem is with the email I received from them today which stated there was a problem with processing my credit card. The email showed my FULL credit card number and expiration date in the body of the email. In my opinion, it shows a complete lack of concern for personal data security. I have since filed a complaint with the BBB for what that's worth. Does anyone have any suggestions on any actions I should consider?

Wed, Oct 12, 2011 - 2:01pm (Reply to #2)
kemp
-
Tempe, AZ

Disclosing a CC over email is

Disclosing a CC over email is certainly not secure. In fact quite stupid. Some people don't seem to think about that kind of stuff as this is a clear example. Maybe CC companies should have required security training for people that take transactions...

Keeping that in mind I will keep an eye out for anything unusual in my CC statements. If you are concerned that someone may get your information, as they appeared to handle it pretty loosely, you can either watch for unusual billing activity or have the CC company send you a new card.

Fri, Nov 11, 2011 - 1:16pm (Reply to #3)
Drifter

+1 for US COINS/ EASTERN NUMISMATICS

I ordered the chefs special 10/2/11 & the items were shipped 11/5/11 or so, just got them in.

$29.88 for a 1990 BUC ASE & $162 for a 1/10 oz 1999 AGE + $10 bucks shipping.

I'm stoked, those are very nice old coins, keepers as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps they gave me nicer items because the shipment was delayed, but I'm real happy.

Thanks for posting this special.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate  Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Doc and TF Partnership Advertisement

Recent Comments

by Ozymandias, 1 min 14 sec ago
by lakedweller2, 2 min 52 sec ago
by matt_, 12 min 56 sec ago
by AGXIIK, 29 min 33 sec ago
APPs ...
by Mickey, 1 hour 36 sec ago