Quick question on liquidating a small portion of my silver

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, Sep 22, 2011 - 5:09pm
Laurichmusic
Offline
-
CA
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
27
37

Quick question on liquidating a small portion of my silver

I am moving in a month and I need to liquidate 100 oz of silver to pay for moving expenses and a little work to be done in the new house. With the Fed announcement from yesterday and the hammering today, should I go ahead a sell today or should I wait a week or two and hope for silver to bounce back. I am holding my metals long term but I need to liquidate the 100 oz soon and I'm afraid the PM's will be taking a beating over the next few weeks. What you guys think?

Edited by: Laurichmusic on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:08am
Thu, Sep 22, 2011 - 7:03pm
Brotha Bob
Offline
-
TN
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
182
800

Wait

Wait, if PMs are really the last safe haven, they will bounce back. What form is your 100 oz?

May God Help Us All But, what do I know?
Thu, Sep 22, 2011 - 7:17pm
Auricle of Omaha
Offline
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
5
35

Your Savings or Bernanke's Fiats

You could sell your silver probably for a total of $3,600.

Or, you could borrow that same $3,600 from the bank (line of credit perhaps) or the credit card company.

So do you borrow from yourself or do you borrow some fiats from Ben Bernanke?

That depends on what do you think is going to go up more... the value of your silver or the value of the dollar. Keep in mind the time period over which you will either pay yourself back or the bank.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness