The Homebrew Thread

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sun, Sep 18, 2011 - 8:30pm
Dr Durden
-
Twin Cities, MN

The Homebrew Thread

I know there's some Turdites who make some whicked homebrew...be it beer, moonshine, kombucha tea, hard cider, kvass, wine, whatever.

This thread is all about crafting your own tasty beverages. Please share your secrets and experiences so we can all learn from each other.

I've finally made some kick ass kombucha! I've been at it off and on for years, but for whatever reason over this summer each batch has been very good. I've gotten a lot of people addicted who've tried it in the past and were revolted forwhatever reason. Must be my special Pomegranate Pizzazz that turns them over to the dark side.

I've tried beer in the past but have failed miserably. But I did recently pick up a brew kit and will try my luck again this winter.

In the mean time, now that the fall apples are ripe for the picking, I'm excited to try my hand at hard cider. For my first batch I was thinking doing a Sandor Katz inspired pure wild (no added yeast with raw juiced apples) batch using whatever variety is growing on my neighbor's trees. They're a solid mix of sweet and tart so I'm hoping they'll make for a quality first product. Fingers crossed. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Edited by: Dr Durden on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:06am
Got GIABO? "It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin
randomness