Welcome to the updated TF Metals Report! We hope you enjoy the new experience.

We've changed payment processors, so any existing renewals will need to be re-subscribed after expiration. You will receive an email when this happens. If you have any questions, send a message through the Contact page.

Gold IRA recommendations

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, Sep 9, 2011 - 9:32am
2nd Dan Fred
-
Baltimore, MD

Gold IRA recommendations

I was wondering who all the fantastic turdites recommend for a gold IRA? I am looking at Gold Money and the CMI, and have concerns about the overall costs and storage. Thanks!!!!!

Edited by: 2nd Dan Fred on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:31am
Fri, Sep 9, 2011 - 9:03pm
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

Dan, I don't know, but I'm looking too

What I want to know is who is the best bet for delivering metal when it's time to cash out? Has anybody had metal delivered from an IRA in metal? I am thinking of starting a IRA metal account with Fidelity. Here is a link to their fee structure, see page 2:

https://personal.fidelity.com/accounts/pdf/FBS-BKCOMMSCHED-0105.pdf

Fri, Sep 9, 2011 - 11:36pm
opticman
-
Olney, MD

GOLD IRA

I use Apmex for dealer and one of their recommended Trustees (Goldstar in Texas). Costs about $240 a year in fees. Used it for 3 years to make SEP IRA deposits. Easy to do. I use segregated accounts which is why I pay a bit more. Never withdrew any, too young to do that.

Hope that helps.

Optic

Sun, Sep 11, 2011 - 10:05am
OldFordTrk1
-
SC

I rolled an IRA into a Gold IRA with McAlvany over 3 years ago.

I have, over the last 3 years been pulling physical out early. I was very happy with McAlvany. Give them a call and ask for Miles Green. Excellent guy!

https://www.mcalvanyica.com/

Once you wake up, it's hard to go back to sheep!
Mon, Sep 12, 2011 - 12:42am
Klingon
-
Tampa, FL

I use Everbank

I use Everbank (www.everbank.com). They use Principal Financial Group as their agent.

Wed, Nov 30, 2011 - 9:12pm
2nd Dan Fred
-
Baltimore, MD

Decision is Made !

I'm appreciate all the ideas presented, and am glad I decided to stew over this for as while. The MF Global theft convinced me to eat the penalty, pay the tax, and close out my IRA and buy physical metal. Thanks to the entire TF community.

Wed, Dec 7, 2011 - 9:29pm (Reply to #6)
ouchtouch
-
Wayne

We are looking at security

We are looking at security again as a result of MF Global theft as well. One depository we use for some IRA metal is very amenable to working with us to upgrade security so that the IRA administrator cannot move the money without our consent. E.g. security questions, passwords not known to the administrator. I think that the key is to have independence between custodian and administrator and both answerable directly to the owner.

Wed, Dec 7, 2011 - 9:35pm
sumo

bullionvault.com is worth

bullionvault.com is worth considering. Low costs, on-site market trades 24 hrs , choice of custody sites (London, Zurich, NY).

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate  Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Best Price Online, Buy Gold and Silver Today!

Recent Comments

by Stackable, 51 min 12 sec ago
by Wizdum, 58 min 34 sec ago
by Thomas More, 1 hour 10 min ago
by Stackable, 1 hour 35 min ago
by AngryCitizen, 1 hour 47 min ago
by RickshawETF, 2 hours 4 min ago
randomness