29 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mon, Oct 31, 2011 - 7:33pm
DavidSilverSwe
-
Stockholm
Sweden

Goldmoney

is there anywhere on this forum a review of goldmoney.com?

I must be blind because there has to be a search function in this forum somewhere right, otherwise

that's pretty sad.

Wed, Nov 2, 2011 - 1:15pm
Gunrunner
-
Magnolia, TX

Gold Line Intl.

This story was sent by a friend. Quite interesting. Has anybody dealt with this company?

Goldline International, the precious metal retailer that has capitalized on conservatives’ anxiety about the economy by forging synergistic relationships with right wing TV and radio hosts, is facing a new series of legal challenges after authorities filed criminal charges against the company and its executives yesterday. Several major conservative talkers — including two former GOP presidential candidates — have endorsed and recommended Goldine, which critics have long contended is little more than a scam.

After more than a year of investigating, the city attorney in Santa Monica, California, where the company is based, has filed 19 criminal charges of fraud and theft against the company, in addition to charges against top executives and salesmen, ABC News reports:

The complaint alleges that Goldline “runs a bait and switch operation in which customers, seeking to invest in gold bullion, are switched to highly overpriced coins by using false and misleading claims,” according to a statement released by the consumer affairs division of the Santa Monica City Attorney’s office.

The company has been charged in the court filing with misdemeanors that include theft by false pretenses, false advertising, and conspiracy, the City Attorney’s office said. In addition to the charges against the company, the complaint accuses former CEO Mark Albarian, executives Robert Fazio and Luis Beeli, and salespeople Charles Boratgis and Stephanie Howard of defrauding customers. Current CEO Scott Carter is accused of making false or misleading statements.

Each of the charges carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail and maximum fines of between $1,000 and $10,000 per offense.

While former Fox News conspiracy-theorist Glenn Beck is most closely associated with Goldline, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, and Mark Levin, former GOP presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Fred Thompson, and several Fox News hosts, among others, have all endorsed the company.

Indeed, conservative talk radio is central to the company’s success, as Goldline employs a business model based not on mere advertising, but full integration with the content of conservative talk show hosts’ messages. The company’s website prominently features these endorsers, suggesting the talkers’ backing gives Goldline “credibility.” The company has said it will vigorously contest the charges.

Bang Bang
Sun, Feb 19, 2012 - 12:17pm
KC
-
Phoenix, AZ

RE: Gainesville problem

RE: Gainesville. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I totally disagree. Gainesville coins handled my problem in the worst possible manner. Is getting angry the right response? Of course not, but look at the situation. I placed an order with Gainesville and paid in advance. The order is incomplete. It’s not about the $7.50 coin, it is that I want the complete $100 in constitutional silver coin that I paid for (I don’t want a $99.75 bag).

I called to get the order corrected. Three weeks later, nothing. I call again, and this time I am called a liar. I was extremely polite the first call and at the front end of the second call. I have worked many jobs that interface with customers. $7.50 is a small dollar amount for a problem. This is something that you correct immediately with no questions asked - it's not worth losing the customer or having the customer complain. That was my second order with them, when silver prices were moving up. They made a heck of a lot more than $7.50 off my two orders.

Obviously, I’m not trying to pull some elaborate scam to gain $7.50. Is it worth $7.50 to call someone a liar and lose their business forever? You just apologize and fix the error, you don’t make the customer jump through hoops. I wrote the long post on TFmetals because I was extremely upset with them. My time is extremely valuable. Did I want to write the long post? Of course not, but I had to vent. And no, they didn’t do everything to try to correct the problem, unless you define that as calling someone a liar and sending the coin that you owe them with no apology. I don’t recommend them from my personal experience. I would much rather use another vendor that does not hassle me if there is a problem. Experiences vary. Friends, keep stacking and be well.

kc

Mon, Mar 19, 2012 - 4:35pm
Silver Rock
-
Australia

Gold Online Store - Bullion Dealer

I'm using this website Goldonlinestore.com over the last few week for my bullion buys and very happy with the layout. They give TFmetals a shout out also, so in good company I guess, LOL. Charts, Data, News, Bullion Products and so on..... I'm using the charts service they have.

Here is the link for this crew

Gold Online Store.com

Tue, Mar 20, 2012 - 1:04pm Silver Rock
bigmark99
-
Mesa

you gotta be kidding!

Those prices are crazy high, I'll buy elsewhere.

Thank you very much. Me

Golden Whistle wrote:

I'm using this website Goldonlinestore.com over the last few week for my bullion buys and very happy with the layout. They give TFmetals a shout out also, so in good company I guess, LOL. Charts, Data, News, Bullion Products and so on..... I'm using the charts service they have.

Here is the link for this crew

Gold Online Store.com

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 - 7:46pm
sfgiants
-
Aiea, HI

Great Southern Coins

Has anyone tried Great Southern Coins? www.greatsoutherncoins.com

I first came across them through ebay but never tried the online store. They offer free shipping so it makes it seem ok for smaller orders. Thanks.

Fri, May 31, 2013 - 11:59am
Utilitarian
-
PACIFIC NW,
Canada

Golden State Mint

I first considered using this mint because Morgan did a good interview with the owner Jim Pavlakos. www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQEi4BLQYyk I have to say they are polite, responsive, quality products, ISO rated, and even helpful when it is my problem. The price above spot for retail investors (reasonable min quantities) is based off a live feed that is always lower than the Kitco ask and usually closer to the Kitco bid, also free shipping. The packaging is beyond expectations because the box contains a cardboard monster box that is completely surrounded by foam board. The inside of the cardboard monster box also has foam in the areas that are void of tubes of rounds.

They do supply lots of other retail outlets like Provident and others. Check out their website https://www.goldenstatemint.com/price-list/silver-bullion-rounds.html sometimes the list prices noted are above or below Provident. Remember many times you can save $0.10 per ounce simply because the feed they use is lower than the feed most retailers post.

Like Hans at Tulving, Jim Pavlakos even answers his cell phone anytime. (even during jogging)

My favorite is the Incuse which is the same price as their Buffalo rounds. Ever retail shop I have seen usually attempts to receive a higher price for the Incuse but GSM offers sales at the same price. If in doubt ask your LCS what they think of GoldenStateMint products.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? Captain Jack Sparrow
Thu, Aug 29, 2013 - 1:58pm
flyinkel
-
Cedar Rapids, IA

Gold eagles 5% over spot sale Buy Gold and Silver Safely

I know folks that have ordered, it's a 20K minimum so its been too high for me but others received items no issues. Slightly longer delivery times but responsive customer service. Owner is a Libertarian and wrote the E-book "Buy Gold and Silver Safely". Have not heard any complaints, just sharing as this is a good price for Gold Eagles and they are allowed in your IRAs.

https://buygoldandsilversafely.com/gold/one-week-sale-on-american-gold-e...

flyinkel
Become member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate Shop