Options MAX PAIN for Silver (August 25)?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, Aug 23, 2011 - 4:16pm
coloane
-
Los Angeles, CA

Options MAX PAIN for Silver (August 25)?

The options expiration for silver is August 25 (in two days)

I can't help but think today's takedown by the Cartel is linked to them trying to pin the price of silver to the options MAX PAIN.

Can one of you professional options trader calculate the MAX PAIN for us?

Edited by: coloane on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:08am
Tue, Aug 23, 2011 - 7:12pm

I can barely calculate the

I can barely calculate the price of my own options but I do know that when silver hit $44 yesterday, I sold my September and December Silver options with quantum speed. That window opened and closed quickly Gives me a few months to recover and start thinking about my March 2012 options. I think I'm gonna slow down the options game BIG TIME with the ridiculous volatility and the constant short term reassessment of silver's short term future. Stick with Physical and some stocks.

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 - 10:10pm
plunder
-
Detroit, MI

From a week and a half ago

This is just what I hacked together from the CME site, as of 8/11 close. It's old but it's so much trouble to decode CME's wretched data that I haven't found the spare time or ambition to re-do it.

$50 million penalty for closing at $44. Probably went up a bit due to the recent rally.

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 - 1:07am
coloane
-
Los Angeles, CA

Plunder, many thanks for

Plunder, many thanks for taking the time to chrun thru this data and provide this chart for us!

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 - 4:00am (Reply to #4)
Babstar
-
Sydney NSW
Australia

Thanks plunder Quote: but

Thanks plunder

Quote:
 but it's so much trouble to decode CME's wretched data that I haven't found the spare time or ambition to re-do it.

I'm sure that's all part of the plan, make things as difficult as possible for the little guy.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.