Welcome to the updated TF Metals Report! We hope you enjoy the new experience.

We've changed payment processors, so any existing renewals will need to be re-subscribed after expiration. You will receive an email when this happens. If you have any questions, send a message through the Contact page.

What to do?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, Aug 18, 2011 - 10:11am
Cucamonga
-
Under A Rock
XX

What to do?

I'll put this up to the community...I've saved a few dollars for my 3 year old daughter which is currently wasting away in a money market. It's obvious that this is not an ideal place to leave the funds. Any ideas on how to allocate these funds? All silver, all gold, gold/silver mix, other. Feedback is appreciated.

Edited by: Cucamonga on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:27am
Thu, Aug 18, 2011 - 11:10am
UGrev
-
NY

I can't and won't tell you

I can't and won't tell you what to do, but I'll tell what I'm doing for my kids. A little cash.. a little silver.

Thu, Aug 18, 2011 - 11:34am
Dr Durden
-
Twin Cities, MN

Cash and silver, too. Also

Cash and silver, too.

Also have a custodial account sitting in cash waiting for the market to hit the end of the death spiral so it can ride the next bubble to ∞ and beyond. 

Got GIABO? "It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin
Fri, Aug 19, 2011 - 12:41am
Bobbi
-
XX

Just my 2 cents

Gold is a proven safe-haven and increasingly is becoming money again. And, it isn't prone to wild swings such as silver which is also an industrial metal.

Fri, Aug 19, 2011 - 12:47am
Bobbi
-
XX

BTW, Cucamonga LOVE your avatar

A terrier with a smoke and an attitude .... priceless!

Sat, Aug 20, 2011 - 11:05am
Cucamonga
-
Under A Rock
XX

Feedback

Thanks for the responses! I'm going to go with the cash/silver mix. Despite the foolishness of this I have put a little bit away in I-Bonds. Very interested to see what happens to these savings bonds when/if hyperinflation starts.

@Bobbi. Thanks. That's Barnabas - dearly departed - I miss him a bunch.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate  Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Best Price Online, Buy Gold and Silver Today!

Recent Comments

Stasis ...
by Solsson, 2 hours 3 sec ago
by J Siefert, 4 hours 27 min ago
by goldcom, Nov 17, 2018 - 10:21pm
by Pug Nuggets, Nov 17, 2018 - 8:04pm