Welcome to the updated TF Metals Report! We hope you enjoy the new experience.

We've changed payment processors, so any existing renewals will need to be re-subscribed after expiration. You will receive an email when this happens. If you have any questions, send a message through the Contact page.

James Rawles recommends swapping gold for silver

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Wed, Aug 10, 2011 - 10:55pm
thecoloredsky
-
NC

James Rawles recommends swapping gold for silver

The shorts must be screaming, about now: Gold shoots past record $1,800 an ounce. When I last checked, the silver-to-gold ratio was at 45.4-to-1. Again, if you have the vault space, this is a great time to ratio trade out of your 1 ounce gold coins, and into silver bullion coins. (Such as pre-1965 American "junk" silver.)

https://www.survivalblog.com/2011/08/economics_and_investing_896.html

James Rawles was one of the initial bloggers who got me going with silver. He's not an economist, but a bright guy. Not sure parting with gold is a good idea, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Edited by: thecoloredsky on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:31am
Wed, Aug 10, 2011 - 11:36pm
Paladex

yeah ...

I saw this on his blog too. Definitely a logical idea, and if I had more gold I would do it, but I'm with you ... "Not sure parting with gold is a good idea."

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain
Thu, Aug 18, 2011 - 12:34am
Brotha Bob
-
TN

Silver held down

I agree the ratio between the two is wide. Due to Silver being held down. If I had more Gold, it is not a bad idea. But, at this point, I want to hold my gold. Gold has to blow its top before the EE let's silver move further. Gold is where the action will be for a while, I think.

May God Help Us All But, what do I know?
Thu, Aug 18, 2011 - 9:05am
Animal Sacrifice
-
Hermosillo SON
Mexico

A different ratio

I swapped $50K PHYS for the same amount PPLT when the Platinum Gold Ratio on 8/8/11 (this is the second time for me and I made crazy money the first time, I believe last year.)

IF the ratio gets back to 1:1 (and I mean a true 1:1 - like platinum and gold ask prices are identical or gold ask price is even a bit more, I'm selling my remaining $350K CEF and putting it into platinum. Based on my logic and past experience, that is a pretty set and forget winner.

Ogun Lana

Thu, Aug 18, 2011 - 4:08pm
madcow

Animal.... that is crazy

Animal.... that is crazy money! surprise

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate  Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Buying Gold

Recent Comments

Stasis ...
by Solsson, 2 hours 41 min ago
by J Siefert, 5 hours 8 min ago
by goldcom, Nov 17, 2018 - 10:21pm
by Pug Nuggets, Nov 17, 2018 - 8:04pm
randomness