APMEX Not allowing orders to go through all Week-end long

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 9:57am
Trader

APMEX Not allowing orders to go through all Week-end long

They claim that due to market volatility they will resume orders @ 6:15PM. This implies that they are expecting prices to skyrocket or else why would they do something like this? If they expected prices to dump they would be selling as hard as they could. Very strange.

Edited by: Trader on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:04am
Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 11:03am
Ford Rep
-
Cincinnati, OH

Spot and premiums are way high too

The spot price is way higher than say Kitco and the gold premiums are up too. Tulving is still taking orders and honouring Friday prices.

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 12:42pm
lilbromarky1

Trader wrote: They claim that

Trader wrote:

They claim that due to market volatility they will resume orders @ 6:15PM. This implies that they are expecting prices to skyrocket or else why would they do something like this? If they expected prices to dump they would be selling as hard as they could. Very strange.

Yea, they think its going to launch when it opens this weekend. I'd do the same if I were apmex.

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: https://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/
Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 2:41pm (Reply to #2)
So It Goes

Tulving

Hannes Tulving is an honest guy. He's got my business.

Tue, Aug 9, 2011 - 10:56am
silverbug1971
-
Atlanta, GA

I was considering switching

I was considering switching from my current supplier to APMEX but when a company claims to be open 24/7 365 and then won't accept orders because they are afraid of what the markets are going to do I find unbelievable. Aren't they in the precious metals business which, like anything else, is risky! Aren't they supposed to be the professionals! Also when I checked their spot prices when they opened at 6:00pm Sunday they were inflated! I will take my business to either Tulving of Gainesville Coins.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness