Bag Of Gold's Penny Stock Arcade & Emporium...

1751 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 11:31am Eric Original
BagOfGold
-
The Universe
XX

Eric Original...

Although Explor Resources...will not be going on "the list"...I also want to congratulate on your milestone 1000+ most informative posts here at TF Metals!...I have been following you since your 1st post Eric!!!...

Thanks Again!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 11:35am bobby
mrgneiss
-
ON
Canada

Encore.......

Bobby, yes, from what I've read, things seem to be progressing well with Sutter, it's just that there are so many other mining friendly jurisdictions in the US and Canada, not to mention many other countries - we just decided not to take the risk, small may it be, with Sutter.

Do you think I have missed something with Encore? I just gave it a quick look over, if you want to provide me with something specific, ie news release, drill results etc I'd be happy to look at it, I would hate to miss a real gem, and I'm certainly far from perfect............

Link to our updated penny stock list: https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=68585 "The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the [public] is an important element in democratic society." Those who control this have the real power.
Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 11:53am BagOfGold
Eric Original

BagOfGold wrote: Although

BagOfGold wrote:

Although Explor Resources...will not be going on "the list"...I also want to congratulate on your milestone 1000+ most informative posts here at TF Metals!...I have been following you since your 1st post Eric!!!...

Thanks Again!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Thanks BoG! That really means a lot to me coming from you. Oh, and don't worry about hurting my feelings if you don't want to add those stocks I mentioned to "the list". I'm just tossing them out there for your consideration, that's all. Really respect your opinion and look forward to hearing what you think about that first batch of 7 that I posted above, whether it's or . We are all here to learn from each other as best we can.

Oh yeah, I'm of very mixed emotions about Explor myself. Really prime piece of real estate there near Lake Shore, but on the other hand something about the overall company bothers me. I don't really like the ones that have 20 odd properties spread out all over the place. Focus!

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.
Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 12:02pm Eric Original
BagOfGold
-
The Universe
XX

Eric Original...

mrgneiss & I...will look at your recommendations...& will determine our findings...soon!!!...

Once again Eric...Thanks for everything you do!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 12:28pm Eric Original
FogHorn LegHorn

Bask buddy bask

Eric congrats on the big 1000!! From the old blog to the new, Your one stalwart turdster! Your contribution is very worthy of praise thank you Eric.

Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 12:37pm mrgneiss
bobby
-
Parkersburg, WV

mrgneiss wrote:Bobby, yes,

mrgneiss wrote:

Bobby, yes, from what I've read, things seem to be progressing well with Sutter, it's just that there are so many other mining friendly jurisdictions in the US and Canada, not to mention many other countries - we just decided not to take the risk, small may it be, with Sutter.

Do you think I have missed something with Encore? I just gave it a quick look over, if you want to provide me with something specific, ie news release, drill results etc I'd be happy to look at it, I would hate to miss a real gem, and I'm certainly far from perfect............

Here's something else, and I'm just a rookie at this stuff, but I asked about the commitment of management to become a producer or were they going to do like so many and sell out. She indicated a strong sense of management to stick with the development and expansion of resource all the way to production throughout the resource, with cash flow to make it happen as well as expand the mill capacity (double) without excessive capital outlay.

As for Encore, they seem to be a bit spastic in their approach. They have dumped or abandoned the platinum, diamond, oil, and lithium projects and are focused on the Bonaparte project. With the friendly government and available infrastructure to move ahead aggressively, they first need resolve the sticking points between themselves and the joint venture partner before they really break out.

The propaganda also says that the Bonaparte could become the largest Canadian gold producing mine.

So, I don't really know if it's really a 'gem', but it seems as if there's a most significant gold deposit in thirteen identified veins.

Unless they are what Mark Twain once defined as a gold mine: A hole in the ground with a liar standing in front of it.

thanks for the back and forth, it's helpful!

Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 12:53pm bobby
mrgneiss
-
ON
Canada

Bobby...........

It seems you're getting a good handle on precious metals explorer analysis for a rookie! Some just bring us penny stock suggestions from something they read somewhere, a tip from a newsletter, friend, etc, not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's easier to discuss a penny stock with someone like yourself who has done some research and can discuss the pro's and cons.

I see Encore has enlisted a JV partner on their Bonaparte property, that is sometimes helpful to get high potential properties moving. They seem a little light on geological experience in management. I see they mentioned a 3300 meter drill program in December for Bonaparte, what is happening with that? Do you have any links to the historical drilling at Bonaparte or the drilling that identified the 13 veins? I can't seem to download much from their site. Thanks!

Link to our updated penny stock list: https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=68585 "The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the [public] is an important element in democratic society." Those who control this have the real power.
Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 1:12pm mrgneiss
bobby
-
Parkersburg, WV

mrgneiss wrote:It seems

mrgneiss wrote:

It seems you're getting a good handle on precious metals explorer analysis for a rookie!

I see Encore has enlisted a JV partner on their Bonaparte property, that is sometimes helpful to get high potential properties moving. They seem a little light on geological experience in management. I see they mentioned a 3300 meter drill program in December for Bonaparte, what is happening with that? Do you have any links to the historical drilling at Bonaparte or the drilling that identified the 13 veins? I can't seem to download much from their site. Thanks!

Oh no, thank you. I'm trying to get a handle on this gig. About three years ago i liquidated all my paper except for a little bitty IRA which I filled with some dart board picks of junior miners. I didn't look at it, even forgot the account number and password, but when I looked it had sextuipled. Well fine then.

I repositioned, put my annual 6k in and started digging. Most of what I learned I gleaned from others here. I hold some of the more frequently mentioned suspects like Silvermex, Cream, and Romios, but I sensed that if I didn't look past the obvious then I'd always have to be stupid lucky to come out on the deal.

And no, I don't have the links, but the Inv Rel guy was fairly candid in an offhanded sort of a way, and his comment that stuck with me was that they had to resolve the JV situation, and once they did so would "...become a lot more vocal...". whatever that means.

Maybe someone more adept than I could try a dialogue with him, he seems to be a busy man without regard for the implications of his words. By that I mean, there could be more divined from further talks.

Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 2:08pm
question
-
WA

Look forward to growth in

Look forward to growth in good things!

Learn to behave
Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 5:44pm
madcow

yayayay!

Oh NOES! Now i have 2 of these threads to follow :( ehehehe SIKE!!!

Glad to see your guys list becoming more popular!

Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 5:48pm
Eric Original

JUst two more for you to look at:

Scoured all my notes and stuff and have two more for you to look at. Not exactly highest on my list but you never know...

• Vantex Resources VAX / VANTF
  • Visible Gold Mines VGD / VGMIF

On Vantex, drill holes of .72 grams over 186 meters, and 1.01 grams over 144 meters at least deserves a look-see.

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.
Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 11:49pm BagOfGold
maravich44

@ Bag of Gold.

Grande Portage Resources GPG.V. See recent news release.

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 12:05am BagOfGold
firstsilver

Look at EVG

Evolving Gold (EVG/EVOGF)

Has been underperformer----triple bottom at .60 or so.

Has joint venture with Agnico-Eagle (USA) in Wyoming and several projects in Nevada.

Also spun off PPG.V, retaining 30 percent which is expected to increase to 37 percent with warrant exercise. PPG.V just put out release on drilling, pre-assay, but suggesting strongly assay will be good.

Wyoming 43-101 to be out early 2012 after this drilling season ramrodded by AEM. Have found some deep gold in Nevada and looking to add to those results currently.

Considering Evolving Gold also previously has a cash injection from Goldcorp, it's seriously underperformed. Maybe soon? Thoughts?

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 11:20am Eric Original
mrgneiss
-
ON
Canada

Eric Original wrote: I think

Eric Original wrote:

I think the following might meet your criteria:

• Alexandria Minerals AZX / ALXDF
  • Armistice Resources AZ / AISCF
  • Bear Lake Gold BLG / BLGFF
  • Gowest GWA / GWSAF
  • Moneta Porcupine ME / MPUCF
  • Northern Gold NGM / NTGMF
  • Yorbeau Resources YRB.A / YRBAF

Good Luck!

Thanks Eric for these suggestions. We have gone over the seven picks you provided, and have decided that three meet our criteria outlined above, and have excellent upside potential, and they are:

Alexandria Minerals

Moneta Porcupine

Northern Gold

The rest are by no means bad investments, we just feel they don't offer the same excellent potential as the above three or the others on the list. Congratulations Eric, I don't think we have ever at Kitco adopted so many picks from one person!

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 11:29am
mrgneiss
-
ON
Canada

BoG and I would like to thank

BoG and I would like to thank you all for putting forward some picks, and in fact we have chosen some of the ones Eric has put forward. However, the reason we started this thread was to share the picks we have already made and done much research on, and discuss those explorers as they evolve. There are literally thousands of small mining explorers on the Toronto Venture Exchange, and we certainly do not want to have to dissect each one, we have already researched hundreds, we have probably discarded at least 10 for every pick on the list.

So, we are not saying we don't want to hear about new picks, but if you think a pick has amazing potential, please lay the case out for us in a post and save us the time, as like Turd and everyone else that helps out with this site, we are doing the research on our own time and receiving no compensation. BoG and I enjoy doing this research, but we only have so much time.

If you want to take the time to lay the case out for us, these are some of the things we are looking for:

1. Experienced management with a successful track record, with at least two people with a hard-rock geology background in management and on the board.

2. Properties in a promising area - much gold and/or silver has been found there before.

3. Either an aggressive ongoing drill plan or one about to commence; if ongoing THEY MUST BE HITTING GOOD GOLD AND/OR SILVER GRADES. Lower, widespread mineralization is better than narrow, high grade. The best properties have both, or more of the former.

4. Cash in the bank for exploration activities so no near term dilution, probably about $2 million would be the minimum but more is better.

5. No NI 43-101 yet or if one large amounts in the inferred category that can be proven up with more drilling and moved into the Measured and Indicated category.

6. Market cap under $50 million and hopefully under $20 million, good ones under this amount are hard to find but are truly undervalued. We've made a couple of exceptions for a few over $50 million who we feel have the potential in the future to have valuations multiples higher.

So if we see posts about a potential explorer for our list which goes over all the above points and provides details and links, we will be happy to look at it.

Drill results - many people wonder about these, you just have to look at many to get an idea of what is good and what sucks. Here are a set of one of my favorite drill results from Malbex, I wouldn't call these "bonanza grade" but they are very, very solid and well presented, the most important parts are the lengths and grades, and the depths somewhat as well:

https://www.malbex.ca/Projects/Del_Carmen/Drill_Results

Interpreting drill results:

https://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1242751631.php

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 11:55am Eric Original
mrgneiss
-
ON
Canada

Eric Original wrote: Scoured

Eric Original wrote:

Scoured all my notes and stuff and have two more for you to look at. Not exactly highest on my list but you never know...

• Vantex Resources VAX / VANTF
  • Visible Gold Mines VGD / VGMIF

On Vantex, drill holes of .72 grams over 186 meters, and 1.01 grams over 144 meters at least deserves a look-see.

Eric, thanks for these picks as well. BoG knows the Vantex story better, so maybe she'll explain it better, but the gist of it is that even though they have had some good drill results, they have had to do a few restatements of their news releases, and with some other issues indicates that they don't have their shit together.

Visible Gold looks great! One of the best websites I have ever seen in the mining/exploration industry, let's hope their geological competence matches their presentation skills. Good, experienced management, promising area, low market cap - nice potential! Here is a page from their website that gives an excellent, clear picture of their activity, all explorers should adopt this format:

https://www.visiblegoldmines.com/work-in-progress.html

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 12:26pm mrgneiss
BagOfGold
-
The Universe
XX

mrgneiss & Eric Original...

Here is another reason why Visible Gold...has been added to "the list"!!!...

https://www.bullmarketrun.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/bmr06152011.mp3

Eric...once again...Thank You for another great stock pick!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 12:59pm
BagOfGold
-
The Universe
XX

How do I edit...the 1st post on the 1st page of my thread?!?...

This thread is "very fast moving" at times...& there are deletions...additions...& revisions like market caps...resources/reserves...which need to be updated...on a daily basis!...Is there any way to do this?...It is less painful for members to click on the 1st post...on the 1st page...to see the latest revisons to "the list"...rather than have to click on a link to another website...to see the updates!...If there is a viable solution to this...& I am just not aware of this "editing function"...please let me know!!!...

Thanks Turd & Everyone!...mrgneiss & I...just love this site!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 2:47pm firstsilver
BagOfGold
-
The Universe
XX

firstsilver...

WOW!...This is certainly an exception (actually a gift for the vultures!)...but mrgneiss & I couldn't help ourselves...we just had to put Evolving Gold Corp on "the list"!...Even though the market cap is at $76 million...it is grossly under valued!...When they come out with their NI-43-101 compliant resource update...I have this "warm & fuzzy" feeling...Evolving Gold will rise like a "phoenix out of the fire"...& the non believers...will be left with only ash on their faces!!!...

Thanks for the great pick!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 3:50pm
Eric Original

Thanks BoG!!

Looks like I'm batting about .400 for "the list"!! Big sigh of relief here, as I was afraid you'd hate them all and I'd have to start wondering what the heck I was doing!

The more I read you guys' posts about what you were looking for, especially about how you lean toward the open pits and not so much on the underground, the more I figured you'd home in on Northern and Moneta. Those two also give me the "warm & fuzzies" for sure. I also own some Alexandria, and now I'm going to have to take a closer look at Visible as well.

Glad I could help, and Thanks!!

Note about the site: No, there's no way to edit the first post of a thread. And even the rest of them only have edit capability for an hour or so. Probably the best you are going to be able to do is be sure everybody knows to click a link to the updated page at kitco, or just post a new updated list periodically.

Interesting that you went over your market cap limit for Evolving Gold as well. We had discussed it on my miner thread a bit as well.

randomness