Trading AG/USD or AU/USD...

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, Jul 28, 2011 - 9:42am
taoJones

Trading AG/USD or AU/USD...

For those who are able, is anyone trading these pairs? If so, what strategy(s) do you recommend?

My knowledge of gold/silver puts/calls/options is very limited, so even though I am only in physical gold & silver, I was hoping to take advantage of the orchestrated smack-downs by the EE by shorting AG/USD and/or AU/USD at the opportune moments. The trick is knowing when this occurs. I suspect getting charts that show volume might help. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! And all the best to everyone here...

Edited by: taoJones on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:15am
Tue, Aug 23, 2011 - 3:51pm
speconomist
-
Spain

To know when smack-downs

To know when smack-downs occur you can check recent charts from Turd, apparently 3:00AM EDT is becoming quite popular.

To check volume for silver and gold: click here, don't know where do they get the data from, but may be useful. Click on View -> Show volume chart

I feel very uncomfortable shorting, specially knowing that Gold is going to infinity, so if you try to short, have the stop-loss ready, or pull the plug manually if you believe the take down has stopped.

It's important to note that with most forex brokers you can't have a long and short position for the same pair, so you can't have your short running, and try to go long, because those operations cancel each other.

Honestly, I prefer to BTFDs, specially when Turd calls a bottom.

Can't think of anything else right now, I'll come back if something else comes to my mind. Will subscribe too in case someone replies.

Mike MALOney hater. Gingers DON'T have souls!

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate  Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Best Price Online, Buy Gold and Silver Today!

Recent Comments

by Thomas More, 25 min 50 sec ago
by atarangi, 2 hours 59 min ago
by atarangi, 3 hours 34 min ago
by abundance, Dec 10, 2018 - 11:53pm
by atarangi, Dec 10, 2018 - 11:48pm