Where have all the maidens gone? (money is male dominated - why?)

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, Jul 30, 2011 - 12:03am 154_silver
maravich44

@154_silver/Spider Truce.

I cut the same deal with them, I am allergic but made the cosmic leap. Let it grow.

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 - 12:22am
154_silver

I do understand what you're

I do understand what you're saying reefman, about being in relationship & wanting to share what you've "built" - be it financially or otherwise - and also find something/one to help "fill that void" you mention. . .

For me, solving the riddle of "the void" was more important than finding something/one to fill it in. And this varies from person to person, people are similar, never "the same" - so I'll speak from my own perspective here. Being in relationship to someone else seemed culturally the "thing to do" but never resonated with my being-ness. I loved working with a creative group of people to make something (music, art) happen, but being in a one-on-one relationship over time just felt stifling. I tried to conform, a few times, but finally realised I like my own company most of the time, with small doses of "others" occasionally. I do know this isn't common, and I'm cool with that - in the past, I'd be considered "eccentric" - works for me! ha. . .

Too many people feel forced to act like others for fear of censure, and then act out in frustration because they're not being true to themselves, and it's un-comfortable. There's a saying that a true leader is someone who acts according to their truth, and attracts followers who fall in behind - not someone self-appointed trying to "sell" a point-of-view to get a crowd of admirers.

I guess my point is, do what feels good for you, learn to be content within yourself, and you will "attract" similar to you - if you're looking to act like "a man" and see "a woman" as "opposite" - you may find that opposites repel! You sound like a thoughtful person who is finding the stories told you about reality aren't necessarily relevant to your individual case. . . act accordingly! & have fun.

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 - 12:33am maravich44
154_silver

indeed!

I'm allergic to bees, but encourage them with their fave flowers in my gardens - same deal!

the spider thing happened over time - watching them work, admiring the markings, the delicacy, the variety of webs, huge & tiny. . . I'm glancing at a cobweb of a couple months life, across the "feet" of my computer monitor - which is mounted a couple feet above & away from me - and laughing now, because I'm sharing this online!

the story quentin crisp tells of of his relationship to cobwebs & dusting: after the first year, they don't really get get any larger. (*grin*)

(oh, and I'm flippin' through my Jackson Browne mental catalogue - early fan! - trying to remember your reference. . .)

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 - 2:40am 154_silver
maravich44

@154_silver Jackson Browne

I screwed that lyric up. I think it is " You made me laugh and that made me smile and that has not been easy for a long,long while"... All first(3) albums are good, For Everyman and The Fuse will stand up your arm hairs when you look at it right. ...........all i know is something like a bird within her sang,all i know she sang a little while and then flew off.

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 - 10:51pm 154_silver
maravich44

@154_silver Jackson Browne

It's , 'Something Fine' on Saturate Before Using. Happy Travels.

randomness