Tampa, FL

I liked this write-up: Bail, Disengage From the US Government

Edited by: Save_America1st on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:06am
Wed, Jul 27, 2011 - 12:48pm
valleygirl
-
Shenandoah Valley

Yep, Fred Reed is always a

Yep, Fred Reed is always a good read. ;^)

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 - 10:03am
mespe

bad link

tried the usual, removed l in html, tried going back a directory, nothing

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 - 8:43pm (Reply to #3)
valleygirl
-
Shenandoah Valley

Hmmm...mespe is right...the

Hmmm...mespe is right...the link in the OP is bad now. Here's the original piece on Fred Reed's own blog:

https://www.fredoneverything.net/Disengagement.shtml

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 - 2:54am
I Am The Unknown Comic
-
Nunya, Dambidnez
XX

Tough Stuff

Just a heads up: leaving the USA is a heck of a lot harder than you might think, especially if you are planning on coming back anytime at all - like for a wedding or a funeral or any reason whatsoever. 

Think about all of the "contracts" both formal (signed by you) and informal that you have. It is really difficult to unplug. I know of one woman who was arrested at customs when she came back to the US several years after she left because the IRS had claimed she owed more on her taxes than she did. They charged her penalties and fees that she never knew about (because she was out of the country and her mail did not forward to her in Italy), and she was arrested upon re-entering the US because the IRS had labeled her as a "tax evader." 

This is the kind of crap I'm talking about.

BTW, this woman took an assignment to be a curator of a museum in Bologna, Italy. She is a good, decent person and obviously well respected in her field. This should not have happened to her. 

Good luck trading to all, and remember that my thoughts are worth exactly what you paid for them. Trade on your own.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness