1149 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Oct 23, 2014 - 12:38pm Mr. Fix
JustDale
-
Portland, OR

???

Mr Fix,

Why are you spamming us over here @ Threat of Faith? You mock us when we call sin, sin. Perhaps you are unwittingly involving yourself in the strategy of divide and conquer; a claim you so easily lay at the feet of the Elite, and the Religious. I just don't get you sometimes.

Be that as it may, I bear you no ill-will. Jesus is LORD. May your heart embrace what I just said to you. It is love that bears the message.

Your soul's well-wisher...NWD

Thu, Oct 23, 2014 - 1:03pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Good post Nana, I tend to agree with most of it.

My entire quest for spirituality has led me to some strange places. As I'm sure you know, I studied the differences between RC and JW for quite some time, but at the time, it was presented as a either/or proposition.

I soundly rejected both of them.

Not Worthy Dale:

Please feel free to place me on “ignore”, I have no interest in disturbing anyone, or this thread.

I am interested right now in this study of how organized religion is undermining humanity, it seems to me that the organized churches are willfully misleading their flock, which is a major reason as to why there seems to be no opposition for the tyranny that is descending upon us.

I know of many philosophies where willful ignorance, and denial seem to be taught as a recipe for spiritual health, this doesn't just include current mainstream religions, is also true of some ancient Eastern philosophies, as well as “new age” variants of it. Interestingly enough, (to me at least) I do not believe that Jesus Christ was the type of guy who ignored current events, or stuck his head in the sand. He was quite adamant as to what he believed to be the difference between right and wrong.

There is a lesson there to be learned.

In the “True News” report which I was discussing, there was a lot of supposition offered as to why Christians cannot / will not unite. I gave some of my own thoughts, and I have shared some others that I have read.

I don't know if you reject the premise, or reject me being here, but either way, you may feel that some topics may not be open to discussion.

It is not in my nature to run away from a forum that interests me, although many have tried.

By the way, although I did not disclose it in my original post, I was specifically asked to comment on that particular news report by a regularly contributing member of this thread. He is someone whom I have conversed with regularly for an extended period of time. He will make himself known if he wishes to, but I have personally found it far more advantageous to opening up such discussions to a larger community for input.

What you do with me is up to you.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Thu, Oct 23, 2014 - 5:57pm
NW VIEW

NEW TESTAMENT RELIGIOUS TRANSVESTITES = NTRT

Yes that is my new acronym. With that, the book of James chapter one is viewed:

22 But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth].

23 For if anyone only listens to the Word without obeying it and being a doer of it, he is like a man who looks carefully at his [own] natural face in a mirror;

24 For he thoughtfully observes himself, and then goes off and promptly forgets what he was like.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Many who are lost in the world today are changing their clothing and some are changing their plumbing, hoping to finally become what they "think" they really were born to be. Should we specialize in recovering them from their pits of destruction? Would we be drawn into political fights to "recall' those officials who have "stepped over the line"? Would the preaching of "anti" this and "anti" that, every Sunday morning, stopped the tide of those sins?

These topics are not new for us and the warnings have gone out to the divided systems from the beginning. Several posters on this thread have given clear direction for the Church, who will listen? We are continually giving out "milk" and not the meat. Where/when is the time and place for the meat?

Yes we have millions of NTRT's everywhere. They were suppose to be "born again", sojourners on this planet, new Father, new Family, seated in Heavenly Places in Christ Jesus, however, we have complete divisions. We have thrown off our N.T. new life and replaced it with the world. We have killed the Prophets sent to us and replaced them with the many evils listed on above posts. Yes many are religious transvestites, only having a form of Godliness but their garment are still stained with the world.

I better stop, a HUGE RANT is grabbing hold of me. Jim

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Thu, Oct 23, 2014 - 7:38pm
NW VIEW

From the SQ site:

So how is it that a political ideology/quasi-religion called islam is treated as if it comes from the same God that gives us the freedoms and the liberties that we have? Ignorance is the answer, a lack of knowledge and lack of understanding

The islamic Flood:JIM GARROW

We have borne witness to the ever increasing impact and influence that islam, muslims, sharia law, rape as punishment, beheadings and the strong sense in our gut that our politicians are frightened to do anything. In fact it is easily observable that those we elected seem to have forgotten that America is a welcoming Christian nation. But in the freedoms that we give to all, we have not signed a suicide pact assuring that the nation will cease to exist in order that some politically correct notion of inclusiveness, of being a grand mosaic, of having a big tent mentality. Note that I said "we give to all", well now it was the Founding Fathers who understood where our freedoms and liberties issue from, and plainly put, they are from the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. British Common Law which much of the bedrock of jurisprudence and the Constitution and the orderliness coming from the Rule of Law, rests on the notion that all power comes from and is granted by God Himself. A wise assessment that.

So how is it that a political ideology/quasi-religion called islam is treated as if it comes from the same God that gives us the freedoms and the liberties that we have? Ignorance is the answer, a lack of knowledge and add to that the lack of understanding. You might call it denial of the obvious. Where in the entire world does freedom and liberty rule? Where in the entire world do women share equal rights and status? Where in the entire world is there a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? In every country based on the Word of God, his rules, his regulations, his promises and his perfection. America is one of those fortunate nations to have had men and women who early in its formation bowed the knee to the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, all loving God and made a pact with Him to serve Him, to honor His ways and to live expectant for His blessings.

islam is not the equal of Christianity, it is a shabby imitation that lacks the blessings of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Its book is the writing of mad men and lunatics and does not have the imprimatur of the one true God and the power that flows from the pages of His Holy Writ, The Bible. Our God entices us with His love, empowers us with His Spirit and cleanses us from all unrighteousness and sin through His Son, Jesus Christ. All other religious notions are frauds. Christianity is the "real thing", and the quicker we get back to its superordinate place in the universe, the faster our nation will heal and His blessings will return. Forgive us oh God, we are undone. Return to us a right Spirit and restore us your children gone astray. Amen.

Oct 23, 2014

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 12:15am
Hayman
-
NE

What does God want?

This is a question I have contemplated lately. I have a lot of time to contemplate and be thankful while harvesting bountiful fields of crops this fall. I have not had time to add to the conversation here lately, but I cherish each and every post made. The posts by Mr Fix and NWView leave me feeling convicted. 2chronicles 7:14 says "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." I am called. I humble myself. Then I get busy and skip prayer time. Unrealizing and tired, I stop seeking. Evil is unrelenting. Mr Fix challenges my comfortable existance. Convicts my conscience. NWVIEW shakes my complacentcy and labors to renew a right spirit within me. He calls me out telling me 'My garments are stained, only having a form of Godliness'. Has my Fear of the Lord been diminished by the world while I was asleep at the tower? No man upon taking up the plow who looks back is fit for the Kingdom of God. Have I looked back? Kids to feed, Bills to pay, Crops to reap, focus to loose. I tell you how much I treasure this thread of faith. It IS the place which guides me and challenges me to renew a right spirit within me that I may not otherwize have even realized was being stolen. Thank you to everyone here in the thread of faith.

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 12:20am
Mr. Fix
-
NY

@ Hayman Reply to "What does God want?"

Very well said.

At least we are asking a good question....

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 2:33am
JustDale
-
Portland, OR

w/o Comment

A Prayer For Pilgrims
Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 6:17am
JustDale
-
Portland, OR

Songs Around the Table

PRAISE the LORD Psalm 150 Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute, praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath... praise the LORD. Praise the LORD. https://kenpulsmusic.com/uponthisrock.html As Rutherford would say: I bid you to help me praise!

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 7:17pm
NW VIEW

BUILDING UP WHAT HAS BEEN TORN DOWN?

17 But if, in our desire and endeavor to be justified in Christ [to be declared righteous and put in right standing with God wholly and solely through Christ], we have shown ourselves sinners also and convicted of sin, does that make Christ a minister (a party and contributor) to our sin? Banish the thought! [Of course not!]

18 For if I [or any others who have taught that the observance of the Law of Moses is not essential to being justified by God should now by word or practice teach or intimate that it is essential to] build up again what I tore down, I prove myself a transgressor. (Gal. 2).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There are many spiritual things , that many continue to build up, that should have stayed in the heap. The last temple was destroyed and the mount has been vacant for almost 2000 years, except for the invasion of the EE. The Lord moved from that place as the curtain was ripped apart, long ago. Israel wants to rebuild that temple and will most likely do so in the near future. How will they get the Lord to re-enter the Holy of Holies and occupy that stony place? Will not happen. The Lord moved long ago "into" His Body, His Church and He will never live in a stone/wooden structure again. Will He "build up' what He has torn down? NO! (That means NO).

It has always bothered me greatly that Christian brothers will seek employment in areas that should have been left in the rubble pile, long ago. We have been builders for decades and we have avoided building certain structures for income. It does not seem to bother the majority, they see them as a "blessing from God". We see them as "building up that which has been torn down".

We had a friend in the business of designing of steeple houses. That was their main business. He was a international Christian speaker at conventions and camps. He was able to attract lots of work by meeting the many leaders of the divided steeple houses. I do not think I would ever have obtained a contract to build a s.h. as soon as I opened my mouth. KNOWWHATIMEAN?

Then there was a friend who was in a local assembly. Married with kids and well liked until he found a girlfriend. This assemble actually went through the steps in Corinthians to bring him to repentance but he liked the younger girlfriend better. They threw him out of their s.h. system. (amen). He knew I was a builder and wanted me to build him a new home for himself and his new (later on) wife. Nope! I cannot even eat with such a person so how could I build him a home?

These opportunities are what I call "spiritual adultery". They are really about money and obtaining more of it. The unsaved world watches everything that the Church does and they want to see that we are just as compromising and sinful as they. Most of the time they are not disappointed. Jim

P.S.; Do not invite me to rebuild the temple if they need a builder, I would like to just walk with the two witnesses, throughout the streets of Jerusalem in that day.

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 7:24pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Always looking for something to do…

What the heck, I'll build anything for anyone, does he have any cash?

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 7:41pm
NW VIEW

Yes something for Fix to do!

1 Corinthians 5 Amplified Bible (AMP)

5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, impurity of a sort that is condemned and does not occur even among the heathen; for a man has [his own] father’s wife.

2 And you are proud and arrogant! And you ought rather to mourn (bow in sorrow and in shame) until the person who has done this [shameful] thing is removed from your fellowship and your midst!

3 As for my attitude, though I am absent [from you] in body, I am present in spirit, and I have already decided and passed judgment, as if actually present,

4 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, on the man who has committed such a deed. When you and my own spirit are met together with the power of our Lord Jesus,

5 You are to deliver this man over to Satan [a]for physical discipline [to destroy carnal lusts which prompted him to incest], that [his] spirit may [yet] be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

6 [About the condition of your church] your boasting is not good [indeed, it is most unseemly and entirely out of place]. Do you not know that [just] a little leaven will ferment the whole lump [of dough]?

7 Purge (clean out) the old leaven that you may be fresh (new) dough, still uncontaminated [as you are], for Christ, our Passover [Lamb], has been sacrificed.

8 Therefore, let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with leaven of vice and malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened [bread] of purity (nobility, honor) and sincerity and [unadulterated] truth.

9 I wrote you in my [previous] letter not to associate [closely and habitually] with unchaste (impure) people—

10 Not [meaning of course that you must] altogether shun the immoral people of this world, or the greedy graspers and cheats and thieves or idolaters, since otherwise you would need to get out of the world and human society altogether!

11 But now I write to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of [Christian] brother if he is known to be guilty of immorality or greed, or is an idolater [whose soul is devoted to any object that usurps the place of God], or is a person with a foul tongue [railing, abusing, reviling, slandering], or is a drunkard or a swindler or a robber. [No] you must not so much as eat with such a person.

12 What [business] of mine is it and what right have I to judge outsiders? Is it not those inside [the church] upon whom you are to pass disciplinary judgment [passing censuring sentence on them as the facts require]?

13 God alone sits in judgment on those who are outside. Drive out that wicked one from among you [expel him from your church].

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This building of a home would be perfectly alright for Mr. Fix and I would send him the work. However, if late one evening, Mr. Fix has a true encounter with Jesus as Lord and enters the Family at table, he will need to stop construction. jmo

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 7:54pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

If Jesus asked me to stop construction?

That would be interesting… Generally speaking, I only stop construction when the checks bounce.

Sat, Oct 25, 2014 - 9:14am
NW VIEW

TO OBEY IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE!

When our children were young, we played much of Keith Green's music and we still are moved by it today. We really miss him. So I brought up one of my favorites this morning to play at the picnic table for the Saturday morning gathering. This song was rattling in my head as I climbed out of bed today:

Video unavailable
Sat, Oct 25, 2014 - 10:56am
I Run Bartertown

Good Morning

NWD - good to see you posting again

SWM - praying for you, thinking of you

NWV - "TO OBEY IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE!" Is it? Not to dispute what you say, merely to offer another perspective...Didn't Ravenhill say that "the Cardinal Ethic of Christianity is Sacrifice"? Couldn't we contrast this to the Cardinal Ethic of Islam, which IS Submission and Obedience?

Mr. Fix - I have this strange picture in my head...you one day in the future, old and gray, giving a sermon on the unrelenting faithfulness, not always of man to Jesus, but always of Jesus to man, and frequently referencing the truth-seeking that you have laid out before us.

Stackaloha - glad you gave us an update on how things are with getting established after returning home. Maybe time for another? I hope things are good.

Sat, Oct 25, 2014 - 12:05pm I Run Bartertown
NW VIEW

Yes IRB

I really enjoy Ravenhill's messages. He said "To obey is better than sacrifice but not an escape from it". (see below):

Excerpts from "Heart Breathings"
By Leonard Ravenhill

Strings for Your Harp

Part II. The Christian

B. Spiritual Maturity (continued from Heart Breathing excerpt 13)

The self-centered suffer when others
disappoint them.
The Christ-centered suffer when they
disappoint others.

Better to have a hard will and a soft heart,
than to have a soft will and a hard heart.

We do not learn a thing merely by committing
it to memory.
We learn solely by experiencing it.

Christ has not conquered my affections if He
has to compete for my attention.

Cleverness will enable a man
to make a sermon.
Only compassion
will make him a soul winner.

The Christian who has the smile of God needs
no status symbols.

Who we are, whom we know, and what we
know does not interest the world.
What we are and what we do does.

Children are afraid to walk in the dark.
Adults are afraid to walk in the Light.

A statement does not have to be profound to be
important.

"To obey is better than sacrifice,"
but not an escape from it.

The infant Christian prays, "Bless me."
The mature Christian Prays,
"Make me a blessing."

It seems that we have substituted contributions
to God for sacrifice for Him.

What possessions a man has are not too
important.
What possesses a man is.
Possessions become obstructions
to spiritual expansion when we set our
affections on them.

One way to live the Christian life is to be sure
you don't live it as other people do.

The pursuit of holiness must outreach all our
other desires.

I refuse to let men flatter me
or flatten me.

It is God who worketh in us so that we may
work out our own salvation.

The world is unimpressed with a man who has
all his "dispensations" correct
but his disposition all wrong.

"Tears" are a ministry untaught, unsought
and unreachable.

"Think twice before you speak once."
Think three times, and you may not speak at
all.

The Christian must say "no" to the whole world
system
which is but damnation frosted with the glitter
of success
and illuminated with scientific luster.
He remembers that it is worm-eaten with
depravity
and has God's sentence of death upon it.

The Christian life is more than emotion,
but it is not without emotion.

There is a cost in discipleship--
God has no basement-bargain blessings.

You cannot draw a straight line with a crooked
ruler.

Truth fears no exposure.
"The Baptism" is not an event, but an advent.

God asks the best we have
Because He gave the Best He had.

We can give God much: our problems, our
griefs, our praises--
but we cannot give Him advice.

May we grow old slowly.
May we grow wise quickly.

The man God uses is the man the world, and
often the church, abuses.

The Christian life is not always exciting,
but it is always exacting.

Meekness is often anger
purified of self-interest.

I don't mind being "the least of all saints,"
but I don't want to be the most stupid of them.

If a million people smiled on me while I knew
God frowned on me, I would not be happy.
But if God smiled on me while a million people
frowned on me, I would not be unhappy.

I cannot live on excitement--
not even Christian excitement.
I can live on inspiration--
Spirit-born within me.

Our problem is stewardship, not leadership.

"Is this vile world a friend to Grace?" asks a
poet.
The answer is "no"--"sonship" today means
hardship.

When folk seek my advice, I am a counselor.
When I give my advice, I'm meddling.

If Christ is not worth everything you have,
He is not worth anything you have.

He who gave all He had for me
demands that I give all I have to Him.

I would rather be disappointed
than a disappointment.

A contentious spirit is a sign of immaturity.

Happiness is the goal of the sinner.
Holiness is the goal of the believer.

If we are seated with him in the Heavenlies,
we'll not be sinning with them in the earthlies.

When Jesus laid aside His glory and took our
flesh, He knew it.
When we lay aside the flesh and walk in the
Spirit, we know it.

The sparrow hath found a house,
but eagles dwell in lofty mountain grandeurs.
Where do we live?

Sun, Oct 26, 2014 - 12:07pm
Nana

Attention All Prayer Warriors

This little fellow needs all the help he can get, please lift him up in prayer. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saving-Jaxon/867717839928287 https://medicalkidnap.com/2014/10/23/eight-year-old-jaxon-taken-by-hospi... Mark 9:42-And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea. Matthew 18:6 Luke 17:2

Mon, Oct 27, 2014 - 3:54am
Hayman
-
NE

"I want hearts of fire not your prayers of ice"

Just a line from the Keith Green song NWview posted. "I want hearts of fire not your prayers of ice" Today's Gospel was Jesus answering the question: "which is the greatest commandment?" A: "To love your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind" The Holy Spirit of the living God has been at work all weekend. Private messages, an earlier recorded Joseph Prince interview that my wife wanted to watch, coversations at the picnic table, today's Gospel reading, and through the members of my men's bible study group tonight. I like listening to Joseph Prince communicate God's Word. He teaches from the scripture and keeps in context who is being spoken to in any given passage. When he speaks the message of God's Grace, I am again overwhelmed by the goodness of our Lord as I cannot do anything to earn it for myself but to accept him. JP said Jews were instucted to forgive so that they would be forgiven. But through Christ, we are forgiven first so that we then want to forgive others and give what we recieved through His Grace. We cannot make ourselves (self) righteous, but through him we are conformed to want to live righteously. God has given us free will and asks us to choose our path. He entices us with Grace and Love. He wants hearts of fire. With all of our soul and all of our mind. Peace be to all

Mon, Oct 27, 2014 - 9:25am NW VIEW
Curious Rookie

Ravenhill

The quotes from Ravenhill are so right on target with living your life in Christ. This one especially was meant for me;

"The self-centered suffer when others
disappoint them.
The Christ-centered suffer when they
disappoint others."

There is nothing wrong in being humble. It doesn't mean you let others roll over you but it means understanding arrogance and pride are of the world.

Mon, Oct 27, 2014 - 9:38am
JustDale
-
Portland, OR

@ Curious Rookie

Welcome!

I, for one, am tickled to see another Pilgrim take a seat at what we've called around here...the Picnic Table.

NWD

Mon, Oct 27, 2014 - 11:24am
NW VIEW

A Redeemer!

I had one of those "morning daydreams" this morning. I was at picnic table with SWM, NWD, Jer. Jr., Hayman, and several others. The Spirit had moved "in" us and we stood at table, hands lifted up and sang along with Keith:

Video unavailable
randomness