Mr Fix--Howard Pittman

Thanks for posting the video

I enjoyed it

Silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Tue, Sep 9, 2014 - 2:36pm
Nana

Maybe I Look At Things Differently

I see the flood as a love story because God loved us so much he had to make sure his creation, man, his bloodline remained unpolluted to make sure the bloodline/lineage that carried Yeshua would be pure.

Gen chapter 6 is the key to the pollution of mans DNA/Bloodline and for this reason God decided to send the flood to save mankind. I believe it was this or wipe out the entirety of mankind altogether and this was the only way God could ensure that the polluted intermingling of fallen angels with human woman was stopped before no pure bloodline existed.

The pollution happened again after the flood but did not enter the bloodline/lineage of Yeshua.

Also when God told his people to go in and kill every man, woman, child and beast before they took possession of the land was not because God was wrathful, hateful, vengeful or mean. God did this because they had a polluted bloodline and did not want his peoples bloodline polluted.

So you see, this too was a love story too, to make sure Yeshua could come and be the Saviour. If Yeshua's bloodline had been polluted he could have never been born to save mankind.

Just be aware as the bible says:

Matthew 24:37- But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Luke 17:26-And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

This is/will happen(ing) again and I believe it has already started.......be prepared, read your bible.....

Luke 21:26-Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Tue, Sep 9, 2014 - 4:58pm
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@ Nana

I personally don’t think that you look at things differently; I think you look at things correctly. IMO.

The Love of God, the Agape of God, the love of Great I AM, is so radically different from our normal, natural, human, fallen love, that when it is expressed and manifested, it often does not look, seem, or even appear to be ‘Love’ at all. That is why the 'world' is confused by it.

Great post

Wed, Sep 10, 2014 - 2:38am (Reply to #911)
Mr. Fix
-
NY

A reply to a post, so many questions asked:

Hi Jeremiah Jr,

Sorry it's taken me a couple days to get back to you on all of the questions you asked in the post I'm replying to, I've been busy.

I can't remember the specific instance that brought on this quote: “I was politely chastised for doing good works with selfish motives”.

It might have been in the context of what I do for a living, in that I generally do far more than I am paid for, but I can give you a good example of where I did “good works”, and the results were emotionally devastating.

Around about 30 years ago, I was dating a young lady with whom I was completely and totally in love with, and it was my intentions to marry her. We spent nearly all of our free time together over the course of a couple of years, and most of our friends were mutual, as we often traveled together pretty much everywhere.

At one point, she expressed a desire for a classic “old muscle car”, somewhat like the one I was driving, only faster. I personally knew that the guy who does my inspections had a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 that was in need of serious restoration, but it had a spectacular drive train, and it fit the description of “classic muscle car” to a T.

So I purchased the car for cash, it was only a couple thousand dollars, but then I spent the next three or four months making it perfect in every way. By the time I was done, it was literally show room, and I had by then spent many thousands more on it, but more importantly, it was a labor of love, and I really put my heart and soul into it.

So I gave it to her, signed it over to her and all, it was her car now. Later that night, she had a new boyfriend, and I was completely devastated. Her only explanation was “I only see you as a friend”, and quite frankly, this is just one example of a pattern that had already played out countless times before.

I could not blame her, for like I just said, this was my pattern, and I was the only common denominator in it. So what went wrong? It might have had something to do with being raised in an environment that I was constantly condemned for just being alive. It started with my mother, who wished I wasn't born, held me responsible for destroying her life, but then it was continued in Catholic school, where I was taught about “original sin”, and then all of God's rules and regulations, whereby if I didn't abide by all of them I would “burn in hell”. Of course, the nuns had a way of adding to “God's demands”, such as, failing a math test, or not completing my homework, or forgetting to put on my tie in the morning, I was labeled as “bad”, and not deserving of God's love. I've been told “you're going to burn in hell” a 1000 times.

As time went on, it is not hard to imagine that I came to believe I was quite “unlovable”. Despite this, I still strive to do the right thing. But as it turns out, my motives were selfish. I was looking for love in all the wrong places, things that seem to come so naturally to everyone else, seemed impossible for me. This actually created a scenario whereby I could not even believe it was possible that I was loved, therefore, I could not see it. For me, love became something that “had to be earned”, but despite paying the price, all I ever wanted was always denied.

Of course, all I wanted was for the relationship to continue, but since this was impossible, all I wanted to do was die. This time, there was no drinking the pain away, just seeing her, I would go into convulsions. I knew I had some severe problems, and I knew that I was going to have to deal with it by myself.

A few years of AA meetings helped, debating theology and biblical doctrine with the Jehovah's Witnesses past the time, but at the time, they went from the premise that the Bible was to be taken literally, and I was under the assumption it was metaphorical in many ways.

But eventually, I just abandoned the whole thing as pointless, I bought and paid for an audiocassette series by Wayne Dyer, and I started attending a “Course In Miracles” workshop/study group, and quite frankly, I somehow put the pieces back together again, but in an entirely new way, I adopted a philosophy that wasn't based in shame and guilt, I came to believe that I was born quite perfect, and that the circumstances of my life to that point had brought me to this place.

So I spent this past summer restoring a car that I've been driving for 36 years, another 69 Mustang, gave it to my daughter, no strings attached. Nothing has brought me more joy.

Maybe it's because I was in the middle of this, taking a highly significant, and life altering event, and in many ways, reliving it. But the difference, was motive.

On to the next great quote, one that I'm sure we disagree on, but here goes anyway: “but my point was that in the area of salvation and the retention of mankind man's “good works” are irrelevant that is basically what all “religions” teach.

No, this is basically just what Christianity teaches, to say that “good works are irrelevant in the area of salvation”, is an assertion that I reject wholeheartedly. Exactly where in the Bible did Jesus Christ come up with that idea? Since I'm working from the premise that Jesus Christ stated that "the kingdom of heaven is within all of us", and he also stated that “the kingdom of heaven is all around us, but few men can see it”, then if by “salvation” you mean “entering the kingdom of heaven”, then I would assert that the only way to achieve that would be through genuine “good works”. (Admittedly, I'm quoting the gospel of Thomas, which is nothing but an eyewitness account of what Jesus Christ actually said) also, as I have asserted on multiple occasions, after “the Council of Nicaea”, I think attributing a collaboration between the Roman government and the Vatican as “the one and only true word of God”, is something that I simply cannot accept.

It's not just all the Gospels that got edited out of the final text, a lot of the Scripture going all the way back to Genesis reeks of mythology with an agenda.

Let's take original sin for example, Adam and Eve made a choice, probably the first choice ever made in the history of humanity, and with that, human beings have the capacity to do both good and evil. This is exactly what free will means. If they had not eaten the fruit of that tree, and had not made that choice, then none of us would have any choice in anything, for what would life be without free will? And why would God give us free will, and then condemn us to eternal damnation if we make the wrong choice? What kind of plan is that? Condemning all of Adams offspring for his “sin”, is not justice, is an agenda to condemn mankind to live in guilt and shame. It's much easier to maintain a race of slaves, if they all think they deserve it.

Making the wrong choice has consequences, this has always been true. In essence, if you do the right thing, the right things happen. If you do the wrong things, there are consequences. This does not require God's wrath, it is just the natural order of things, predictable outcomes for aberrant behavior.

Recently in one of your replies to me, you asked me about what would happen if a man tried to rape my daughter, and would it be right for the judge to pass sentence on him. First off, it's not likely it would get that far, my daughter is highly skilled at self defense, and it is unlikely that such an attempt would be survivable.

If in the event he did survive, he wouldn't last much longer than me knowing about it, then this person would quietly cease to exist. See what I mean? Is God's “wrath” required? I say no. Is a judge required? Again, I say no. These are just simple consequences to someone's actions, nothing more, nothing less.

Excuse me if I don't address every one of your questions, it's well after midnight, and I have to drive into Manhattan at 7 AM, not one of my favorite things to do. But this was a good one, and I'm kind of surprised that the answer isn't obvious, but I'll give it a go anyway.

“Question Fix: you and every other person on Main Street rails against the “EE” and Banksters. If so, why is there financial oppression wrong? If your view of truth really differs from theirs, as to truth and justice, why is your is superior or correct?

Really?

Okay, in the immortal words of Puck T. Smith, “don't lie, and don't take other people's stuff”.

Since the bankers entire business plan along with all “government operations”, is based entirely on fraud, deception, and theft, while simultaneously returning absolutely nothing of value whatsoever, I think it's fairly easy to argue that I have the higher moral ground here.

Now in the interest of freeing humanity from enslavement, I personally have no objections to seeing them all hanging from lamp posts. (Preferably after they are tarred and feathered). Once again, would that be “God's wrath”? Or, just a consequence of their actions? If the truth of their deceptions ever became widely known, it is unlikely they would have any power anyway. For good explanation of this, go back to the very first post in the forum "DOTS", it's a video called “DOTS”.

Your next question pertained to God's judgment, and justice, and I say again, God is a creator, not a judge. He created a universe, that works on laws. These laws are no different then the law of gravity, if you defy these laws, there will be consequences, just like walking off a cliff. These are actually quite predictable outcomes, they do not require judgment, or punishment. If heaven is all around us, and inside all of us, then so is hell.

By getting your own thinking right, you can experience paradise before you die, this has been taught by all spiritual masters throughout history, including Jesus Christ. One of the most important teachings, is to “judge not”. The one thing that I have learned to be true, is that life is just a reflection of what's inside of us, and I have noticed that my own “judgments” are a much better description of me than anyone else.

As far as having a video camera recording all of my actions, why don't we just call it “ The Mr. Fix Reality Show”, and broadcast it 24/7 on all the major networks?

I gave up concerning myself with what other people think of me a long time ago, I am who I am. As stated on many of my posts, I break laws on a daily basis, I'm not proud of this fact, but I'm not ashamed of it either. My actions might actually get me incarcerated, if they were videotaped, but I would not in any way shape or form be the least bit concerned about “God's judgment”. As I have previously stated, the vast majority of how I earn my living, and provide for my family, requires licenses that I simply do not possess. Where I live, if I was caught, I could be incarcerated for up to 10 years, a $10,000 fine, have my car and all my tools confiscated, and those are the chances I take.

But I simply will not comply with laws specifically designed to extort from me the proceeds of my efforts, and even though some of the really “stupid” amongst us might consider this theft from the state, from my perspective, I simply refuse to enable a system whose only revenue is derived from theft.

Now back to the camera, you ask what would happen if it recorded my thoughts as well?

Surprisingly enough, you are reading my thoughts now, and they really do not change all that much when I log off. (Of course some of them do get somewhat technically challenging, I tend to visualize solutions to perplexing problems before I take my tools out and start trying to fix anything).

Occasionally, I've been known to engage in a little bit of retaliatory name-calling, once again, I'm not proud of it, it's just where I am at, and anyone can read it on the pages of this website. I really am who I say I am.

So once again, since you keep dialing it up a notch, what if all of my family, friends, were watching such a video of me, in my darkest moments, would I be running for the exits before the credits?

First off, I have nothing to do with my family of origin, and they have nothing to do with me. My marriage is on the rocks, and it's not from hiding anything, I get along fine with my daughter, in many ways, we are much alike, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

My phone rings all day long, it is always people who want me to go somewhere, and solve a problem for them. I suppose some of them wouldn't mind having me as a friend, but the feeling is not mutual. In actuality, I live the life of a loner, who has many acquaintances.

At night, when I am alone, and things are quiet, I usually put on my headphones, listen to a guided meditation, contemplate its meaning, and then pass out before the sun rises. It would be a very, very boring video. If the video ran long enough, for example all day long, most of the people in the room with me watching it, would also be in it.

Sometimes I fantasize about that myself, I would love to videotape conversations with my wife, they are both insulting and humiliating, and it is all direct it at me, but if the camera were to pan to me, for a reaction, there wouldn't be any, just me sitting there, with a very blank stare on my face.

Now, I think you could visualize pretty much everything on the video yourself, (I've been called a "miracle worker" three times in the past week by customers), don't forget to get that on video too.

To wrap this up, yes, Jesus did say he was “one with God”, but I do not believe he was inferring that he was all that unique. Of course, if Wayne Dyer said exactly the same thing, it would be considered blasphemy. Just as it was when Jesus said it.

The truth is, we are all one with God, that's what I've been saying, and it is always blasphemy, from the perspective of all mainstream religion. It is not my intention to hijack a thread, when I said that Jesus Christ was “a power of example”, he taught mankind just what was possible, and then religion hijacked the message, and made Jesus an intermediary between humanity and God. When Jesus said “what I can do, you can do, and greater things”, he was not setting himself apart from humanity, while raising himself above it to be something completely unachievable. He simply took the time to explain the way the universe works, in a plainspoken language that might be understandable to the people of his time. When he said he was the son of God, and we are all his brothers and sisters, I think he was implying something there:

We are all children of God.

This was a reply to: https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/reply/1621/429317

Oh my God! It's 1:48, then I haven't had dinner yet, I hate getting sidetracked like that.

(Only kidding, yeah, it's really that late, and yeah, I'm quite hungry, but I actually enjoyed responding to Jeremiah Jr.'s post. Quite frankly, I almost missed it, as when I'm pressed for time, it's hard to cover this many forums.)

Edit:

Something I just found in my “inbox”:

"Who is more humble? The scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever it has to teach us, or somebody who says everything in this book must be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of all the human beings involved" - Carl Sagan

https://consciouslifenews.com/carl-sagan-life-learning-universe/1176590/#

Second edit:

Tonight's meditation, I've got my headphones on, it's quiet and dark,

and I want to take the time to hammer out some spiritual principles,

you can listen along with me if you like,

but I suppose this is a journey I will take alone.

Video unavailable

Sweet dreams.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Wed, Sep 10, 2014 - 4:19am (Reply to #921)
Hayman
-
NE

I wish for you my friend...

Dear Mr Fix, The last verse to a song which I am sure you have heard before goes like this: I wish for you my friend, This happiness that I've found You can depend on him It matters not where you're bound I'll shout it from a mountain top I want the world to know The lord of love Has come to me I want to pass it on. I wish I could reveal to you what only God can reveal to you in his time. As I read your post tonight, I could not help but ask for peace for your soul. You are so smart, discerning and introspective, yet you discern with worldly knowledge. The Word says "Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight" You seem to have done nearly everthing you think God asks of you but to submit to him. I can only testify that I too, was in your shoes, and puffed myself up with worldly wisdom and thought I could reason my own beliefs. Do you want peace? Do you want happiness? Do you want Joy? You won't get those things through your worldy reasoning. The Word says: Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29"TAKE MY YOKE upon you and LEARN FROM ME, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. 30"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew11 I testify to you that if you submit to God with a sincere and humble heart and read from The WORD to LEARN OF HIM, he WILL grant you peace, happiness and Joy. You cannot reject the Word and receive the spirit of God, because they are one in the same. You can act like you think a Christian should act without the Word, but you are missing the best part. You are missing the dessert. The Peace, true Happiness and tremendous Joy. It is your inheritance, you just have to claim it. Jesus said "I am the Gate": 1“Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them. 7Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. I wish for you my friend, this happiness that I've found... So that you may have life and have it to the full. Submit to the Lord, Learn from HIM. Peace be with you.

Wed, Sep 10, 2014 - 9:39am (Reply to #921)
NW VIEW

THE COMPLETED "FIX"!

Well Mr. Fix is truly a man who shows all his cards, even with the one's with oil stains. He has his stack and has the game of life figured out for himself and is not afraid to put it on the table. There are other players, however, also at table. Let's see, we have Nana, SWM, Jim, Jer. Jr., and even NWD (et al) and all wanting to help with the stacked deck. What shall we do? Some say to clean the outside of the cards with soap. Some say to scrub with a bbq wire brush. Some outsiders want the group to just pray that the deck is cleaned up.

Then it happened. A true friend and Neighbor came to the rescue. He took the old deck, threw it in the dung heap outside the window and spoke of the "True Fix" that would change all forevermore. He told all that the Lord did not "repair, scrub, or clean up the mess", but to enter into a complete change. Once that happened, the old oily fears and events of life were forgotten and great fellowship was given to all at table (next to the picnic table).

In parting, the Neighbor turned and said, "You look for a Kingdom within and think that all have it. But I say, the True Kingdom always has the King in His Kingdom. He who has received Christ within, has the King and His Kingdom and Christ is Ruler of His Kingdom. The enemy also has his kingdom and if the enemy receives a divided house, his kingdom will not stand. The enemy has also set up shop within his people. Choose this day who you will serve". amen

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Wed, Sep 10, 2014 - 12:35pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Last night's meditation was excellent!

And now YouTube has taken it down.

For many months now, I've been mailing myself the best in spiritual programming from YouTube, and placing it in my inbox, because when I replay them from my inbox, they are commercial free, and it's also a great place to stash my favorites.

All whole bunch of them just disappeared, they say “this video no longer exists”, just like all of my favorite “free energy” technical discussions and demonstrations.

The common denominator, is an explanation as to how the universe has an energy field throughout.

I suspect there's something they don't want us to know, or learn.

Wed, Sep 10, 2014 - 5:58pm
silver66

scrubbed youtube

Mr Fix, there are several free websites that allow you to download youtube videos and save to your hard drive. I have bought a external hard drive and have moved the videos there as I suspect the videos I like have the potential to be scrubbed

Here is a link to one such site https://keepvid.com dyodd

Silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Wed, Sep 10, 2014 - 8:08pm
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@ Fix my Friend

Thanks for the long and heart feat reply, I hope I’m not the one keeping you up too the wee hours at night.

I thought about going through your reply and countering your questions, point by point, but not sure that would do any good, unless you want me to, your call, plenty of holes in that latest post that could be addressed.

Yet, thanks for sharing so openly and honestly about your past struggles, heartaches and disappointments in your personal life, we all have them. No?

God does love you Fix, He loves all His creation, He does, believe it, and I too struggled with that at one time….. What is Love?

All I can say is that I liked NW’s last post as well as Hayman’s. They both got right to the point.

On one track, I can try to help resolve some of your intellectual questions you’re struggling with if they are really a hindrance for you, but at the end of the day, the issue for you is the same one Jesus addressed when he walked the earth. The same question you are still struggling with but don’t yet realize it.

Jesus was constantly confronted by the Pharisee’s and Sadducees, and Essences, all of which all thought within themselves, and within their hearts……… what is this ‘whole forgiveness of sin business’ Jesus was constantly preaching about?, and why is that so important and necessary?

What is all this need and talk about the need to be forgiven and born again?, what is all this ‘born from above’ business about.?

They thought they were righteous, and they thought they were on the right path, that they were headed to bliss, the kingdom, and glory, why bother them with that message?

When Jesus evangelized people, his message was alwaysLaw to the proud, Grace to the humble’.

Truth be told; With the Law God breaks the hard heart, and with Grace He heals the broken heart. No exceptions.

To the proud and self righteous, Jesus always pointed them to the Law. To the broken hearted, the sinners and riffraff, those that knew they were in need, in need of help, Jesus offered them Grace, still the same case today.

Fix, this below is the essence of the New covenant…. This is what Jesus is talking about with regard to Rebirth. He should know, He penned it.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them”. Ezekiel 36:26-27.

Fix; when it is all said and done, ask the other Christians posting here, any of them, they will tell you more or less the same thing, perhaps with different words, or with a slightly different slant, but basically the same thing as I am.

I have never met any of them that post here, yet we all know the same loving God, and can testify that He is real and is, who He says He is, and will intercede in on anyone’s behalf that asks Him to.

Yet, Fix, my friend, and I do mean friend, you can’t just ‘ham and egg’ yourself any old way into His presents and Kingdom, you think appropriate.

You are right about one thing, the Bible in one aspect is a book of zero options, one comes to the Lord on His terms, and His terms are through His Son and the Cross of Calvary or forget it. I am sure that will come across as a bit ‘intolerant’ to you and even others given your past posts, but it is true. Yet HE has done everything necessary, everything, to rectify a sinful mankind to a Holy and Just God, and we contribute nothing……. Nothing,……… Nada………. Zilch…….

If you really could even remotely comprehended what He actually set aside and gave up to come buy back and redeem a people such as us, you would understand the words I am typing to you don’t even do it justice.

If you find a better deal than that, report back, I’d love to hear about it. Please.

In the end Fix, God does love you, far beyond any wayward, confused, past girlfriend, or even your wife ever could, or anyone else breathing air for that matter.

Have to run; the King of Babylon is queuing up his speech for the next major Habakkuk 1-2 war that he has planned. The next time this country gets hit, it will be hard. Hold on, and keep an eye on Israel.

“The scripture say that you have an old nature called “the flesh” that is no good, an enemy of God, proud, boastful and which insists upon having it’s own way. It is totally incapable of doing anything that pleases God. After the old nature has been to seminary, or to Bible school, to a church, to a summer conference, it is still the old nature. The old nature is the Trojan horse within our gates – it is our enemy. The only One who can deal with this enemy is the indwelling Holy Spirit.” J. Vernon McGee

Wed, Sep 10, 2014 - 10:12pm
NW VIEW

The Pilgrim Church book club P. 358+

RATIONALISM

Such circles are continually being formed in our day among every

kind of people, they contain in themselves the power for carrying the

Word of Life farther afield, and go on increasing. Their histories are con-

stantly reminiscent of the Book of the Acts, those who go among some of

them–and none can know them all–see that their works are like those of

their Lord, “if they should be written every one ... even the world itself

could not contain the books that should be written".

Attention has been drawn to persons and to churches that have ac-

cepted the Scriptures as a Divine Revelation, suited and sufficient to

show the way of personal salvation and conduct as well as to guide the

churches of those who believe in regard to their order and their testi-

mony.

It has been seen how a clerical body arose which gradually assumed

dominion and developed a system of Ritualism which became the re-

lentless enemy of those who continued to act upon the teaching of the

Scriptures.

A different form of attack upon the Scriptures, which may be de-

scribed as Rationalism, was developed in the 19th century. Rationalism

set aside Revelation, assuming the sufficiency of the mind, or Reason, to

enable man to find out truth and to attain to the highest good.

The unprecedented progress made in scientific knowledge not only

gave valuable insight into the works of God in Creation, but also stirred

in some minds a desire to explain creation apart from God. This made it

necessary to prove that the account of the Creation given in the book of

Genesis did not spring from Divine inspiration, but from the ignorance of

men, who, living before us, were presumed to have known less than we

do. As fresh discoveries were made in the illimitable field of Nature, the-

ories were founded upon them which were said to be incompatible with

the Genesis history and therefore to prove it incorrect. As further facts

came to light new theories had to be formed, each displacing its prede-

cessor, yet each in turn accepted on the authority of the learning of the

men of science who promulgated it. The “Origin of Species" published by

Charles Darwin in 1859 is an important landmark in this development of

thought.

BIBLICAL

CRITICISM

Those who accepted the view that there had been no creation, of

necessity lost the knowledge of the Creator. This involved the loss of

all revealed knowledge, for the revelation of God through the Scriptures

begins with Creation as the work of God, without which there could

have been no Fall of His creature, Man; and neither need nor possibility

of man’s Redemption. Consequently, the new theories evolved from the

minds of men discarded the Scripture teaching of the Fall, replacing it

by constantly changing theories of the development of man from a lower

form of life. The experience of Salvation and the hope of Redemption

became incredible on the basis of these teachings, and whatever vague

promises might be held out to the race, the individual was left without

hope.

Although in the minds of the multitude evolution has replaced God

the Creator, so that many trace their ancestry from beasts rather than

from God, and are ignorant of God as their Redeemer, yet not all, even

among those recognized as the most eminent men of science, have fol-

lowed this teaching. It would not be correct to say that increase of

knowledge of the facts of Nature necessarily leads to disbelief in God

or in the Scriptures. Many have found that the more they have learned

of the works of God in Creation the more they have appreciated the con-

sonance of this revelation with that contained in the Scriptures. Indeed,

the assertion so often and so eagerly made that no modern, intelligent,

educated man can believe the Scriptures, is without foundation. It is

not a fact that the more people know the less they believe, nor yet that

the more ignorant they are the more faith they possess.

Rationalism is largely due to the failure to recognize that man is not

only mind, but mind and heart, and that the mind always serves the

heart. The heart, which is the character, will and affections, and is the

seat of experience, uses in its service the mind, with its intelligence and

reasoning powers. The heart of the natural man uses his mind in or-

der to justify his unbelief in God and in Scripture by finding countless

reasons for complaint against God, and contradictions and errors in the

Scriptures; but if this same man has an experience which brings him to

see his sinful state, his need of salvation, and Christ is revealed to him,

then his heart–that is his will and affections–are captured; they go out

to Christ in faith as Saviour and Lord, and the Divine and Eternal Life

is communicated to him, as it is written: “that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal Life".

"The failure of Rationalism is due to its having put the wrong judge upon the bench."

Wed, Sep 10, 2014 - 10:46pm
Maryann
-
TX

Options...

Our pastor said something interesting the other day, that because man is spirit, we are attracted to the supernatural. If we do not embrace the supernatural God of the Bible, then the only other option is to chose evil. I think often we do not understand the gravity of our attractions.

Nana, I am working my way through the Trey Smith video. Thanks so much for posting it!

Jj, yes, I am awestruck that God has extended His grace to me, wretch that I am. He is Love.

Wed, Sep 10, 2014 - 11:34pm
south west medicine
-
CA

God is real

Mr. Fix,

"we all know the same loving God, and can testify that He is real and is, who He says He is, and will intercede in on anyone’s behalf that asks Him to."

"Then it happened. A true friend and Neighbor came to the rescue. He took the old deck, threw it in the dung heap outside the window and spoke of the "True Fix" that would change all forevermore. He told all that the Lord did not "repair, scrub, or clean up the mess", but to enter into a complete change. Once that happened, the old oily fears and events of life were forgotten and great fellowship was given to all at table (next to the picnic table)."

Do you want peace? Do you want happiness? Do you want Joy? You won't get those things through your worldly reasoning. The Word says: Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29"TAKE MY YOKE upon you and LEARN FROM ME, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. 30"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew11

"I wish for you my friend, this happiness that I've found... So that you may have life and have it to the full."

He is, and will intercede in on anyone’s behalf that asks Him to."

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

OPEN THE DOOR.............

God is real

SWM- another changed life

Thu, Sep 11, 2014 - 11:00am
NW VIEW

END OF DAYS BURIED TALENT!

ESV — Matthew 25:14-30

The Parable of the Talents

14 “For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five talents,4 to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There are times, even when sitting at the picnic table, that some subjects are difficult to talk about because not all are "ready' to listen to and ponder our fallen condition. The Lord is not instructing His children on the art of investing money in the worldly systems of man for an "increase' in the talents that He has placed within each and every member of His Body. He has given a warning to the Church, His Body. The enemy has lots of time to figure out how to get the Children to just bury their talents and gifts given by the Lord. Oh lets see he thought, I will make them think that everyone else in the Church is gifted except for me. (That is an effective one). Or, it may be that I will show them that they are not educated enough to have any gifts. I also could raise up thousands of false kids, of my own, to infiltrate the lovely, divided steeple houses to discredit the real gifted ones. (Oh another good one for sure). I could also try to get everyone to "leave their places that I have called them to be like I led the angels in the book of Jude. I will make a clergy/layman class structure and I will be able to bury 99% of the gifts and callings of God right there in the S.H.! Now that is a plan that will work until the end for sure. I will keep the believers from the time after the great fulfillment of Pentecost, as the gifts were poured out on the thousands, yes I will keep them in darkness and instead of seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, I will keep them silent on the hard pew. Oh how exciting for the kingdom of darkness. If the Church ever finds out that they have buried their talents and see that they are a Kingdom of Priests as written in the N.T., we are finished.

One of the less powerful demons came to his boss and said "well it has worked well from the days after the early Church and I do not see them ever coming to repentance for their divisions and for giving up their gifts and callings. As long as they see themselves as laymen, we have them out of their "places".

Do were realize that much of the reformation was there to solve this tragic , fallen condition? There can never be a full reformation for the Church without "repentance" for the many who have left their callings and gifts buried in the ground. This is the day of repentance! amen

Thu, Sep 11, 2014 - 12:15pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

I found this this morning, and have been listening to it:

This appears to be an attempt at combining "the spiritual laws of attraction" with Christianity, something that I had inadvertently attempted to do myself over the past couple of decades. It took discussions similar to these to point out irreconcilable differences between the two philosophies.

In this audio book, the author quotes Scripture throughout, from a Christian perspective, and then at the same time applies it to spiritual principles of which I have been studying, and applying to my life for years now.

I know I'm asking a lot here, but is it even possible to combine these philosophies into one?

After a brief read in the comments section on YouTube, there seems to be opposing viewpoints on this question.

I brought this particular topic here out of a desire to learn, and in the replies that I have received, I am often declared right sometimes, and wrong others. This is understandable.

Jeremiah Jr, there is no need to go through my last post point by point, I think we've discussed this long enough to know where those points differ.

Sometimes I have a difficulty in determining whether differences are real (irreconcilable), in that they can not be explained as congruent, while many are a matter of semantics, where different words have the same meaning.

I found this video to be a mind twister, in that it is the first attempt I have seen to combine the philosophies.

Speaking from the “ spiritual laws of attraction” perspective, I've listened to enough to know that it is at least consistent with what I've been studying.

According to some of the comments, particularly in the area of evil, it is held by some as contrary to Christianity.

I've taken the time to read that “Gospel of Thomas”, and in my opinion, the direct quotes attributed to Jesus Christ can easily be aligned with the spiritual principles of which I am discussing, and admittedly, I give this text a lot of validity, since it seems to have bypassed the editorial board at Nicaea.

Anyway, I know it's a couple of hours of precious time, but I will say this is the best attempt I've come across yet at explaining Christianity and spiritual laws in a nonconflicting manner.

I myself will give this more attention tonight, as there is much for me to do today.

Also, I'm kind of surprised that after many, many months on YouTube searching similar topics, I have not come across this one until this morning.

Here it is for your consideration:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3wMXr5DlU0

It came to my attention about 30 years ago, while discussing the biblical doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses, is that it became fairly easy for me to completely contradict one passage with another.

Interestingly enough, what I have been studying since was never discussed with them, as we were usually discussing more or less the differences between Catholicism and the Jehovah's Witnesses.

As of late, you know I've been discussing the differences between Christianity and spiritual principles taught in many of the eastern philosophies.

It's going to take one of you guys that can quote Scripture, and understand it in the way that you've been studying for the last 30+ years to blow holes in an attempt at consolidating these philosophies.

In the meantime,

in case I've been misunderstood, I do believe in God, the maker of all things.

Increasing my understanding as to God's nature is what I am seeking.

In that context, we have much in common.

Thu, Sep 11, 2014 - 12:50pm
Maryann
-
TX

A thought...

Here is just a thought I had. Just as there is propaganda today, so there was in ancient times. So I think that is what the Book of Thomas was, maybe with even a more sinister agenda.

However, at the Council of Nicaea, God did a supernatural work in human, sinful men (yet many of them were honestly seeking God's will) to ordain the 66 books of the Bible He wanted us to have. One reason I say this is when you really begin to learn the Bible, it does all fit together like a jigsaw puzzle and when you see the whole, the character of a loving sovereign God emerges who is consistent and present throughout history and offers a plan beyond our comprehension of mercy and grace. Often our definitions of good have to be thrown out, and we are challenged with a higher order of thinking and understanding good and Love. And yes, I do believe our understanding is enabled by the Holy Spirit when we ask.

Thu, Sep 11, 2014 - 2:45pm
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@Fix

Will take a listen to the video tonight.

"In the meantime, in case I've been misunderstood, I do believe in God, the maker of all things. Increasing my understanding as to God's nature is what I am seeking. In that context, we have much in common."

Fix, IMO I think you fall into the diligently seeking category in a way, IMO your just looking in a lot of places you need not.

Yet that at times can be a big part of the process, Lord knows how many rabbit trails I walked down and explored at one time.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6

Thu, Sep 11, 2014 - 3:55pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Thank you Jeremiah Jr.

I've been listening, and here are the points of contention that are noteworthy:

The whole conversation as to “the divinity of man” seems to have been sidestepped buy using terms such as conscious, subconscious, and superconscious, and labeling superconscious as divine. OK, that works, but I have no idea how that works into biblical doctrine.

The next bone of contention that was raised by one of the people in the “comments section”, It had to do with the nature of evil. The author quotes Jesus, and then interprets what he meant, and I actually agree with the interpretation, (is evil “real" or not), and in this context, we're specifically talking Satan, but that term is never used. Instead, the term “evil" is explained as an absence of God, and a disconnect from his spirit, which makes complete sense to me, but I'm wondering if Christianity requires a belief in a supreme being over the dark side, making Lucifer and his minions genuine supernatural entities as opposed to What I except as a mythological explanation for evil. (Even in that context, wouldn't Lucifer simply be devoid of God's loving spirit?)

Most of the text of this book is directed towards a proper way of phrasing prayer, as well as expectations, and motives, all of which I find acceptable.

As you know, I go through a lot of this material, but this particular book uses all the proper biblical terminology, and explains it in metaphysical terms, which I've been doing for the past 25 years, when I called it “ a matter of semantics,” this book does exactly what I've been doing in my own head all along.

I've just never seen anyone else do it before.

“Biblical doctrine” is a funny thing to me, since using the same book, the Pope can come out and say “you are not Christian unless you are Catholic”, while at the same time, a lot of Christians are calling the Pope “the antichrist”.

I have no need to debate that one, is it irrelevant to my inquiry, I was just pointing out that the Bible has been interpreted in so many different ways, how far of a stretch is this one?

In this particular reply, a “ point by point" analysis would be extraordinarily useful.

Thank you.

Thu, Sep 11, 2014 - 4:03pm
NW VIEW

Mr. Fix and Jer. Jr.

I am happy that you two are going to weed out all the good/bad views of your deep subject. I have listened to the many debates over the years on many deeper subjects but I always come back to my own experience on the road to Damascus. I once was blind but now I see.

The great debates over the last few hundred years have been in "Calvinism vs Arminianism".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Question: "Calvinism vs. Arminianism - which view is correct?"

Answer:
Calvinism and Arminianism are two systems of theology that attempt to explain the relationship between God's sovereignty and man's responsibility in the matter of salvation. Calvinism is named for John Calvin, a French theologian who lived from 1509-1564. Arminianism is named for Jacobus Arminius, a Dutch theologian who lived from 1560-1609.

Both systems can be summarized with five points. Calvinism holds to the total depravity of man while Arminianism holds to partial depravity. Total depravity states that every aspect of humanity is tainted by sin; therefore, human beings are unable to come to God on their own accord. Partial depravity states that every aspect of humanity is tainted by sin, but not to the extent that human beings are unable to place faith in God of their own accord. Note - classical Arminianism rejects "partial depravity" and holds a view very close to Calvinistic "total depravity."

Calvinism includes the belief that election is unconditional, while Arminianism believes in conditional election. Unconditional election is the view that God elects individuals to salvation based entirely on His will, not on anything inherently worthy in the individual. Conditional election states that God elects individuals to salvation based on His foreknowledge of who will believe in Christ unto salvation, thereby on the condition that the individual chooses God.

Calvinism sees the atonement as limited, while Arminianism sees it as unlimited. This is the most controversial of the five points. Limited atonement is the belief that Jesus only died for the elect. Unlimited atonement is the belief that Jesus died for all, but that His death is not effectual until a person receives Him by faith.

Calvinism includes the belief that God’s grace is irresistible, while Arminianism says that an individual can resist the grace of God. Irresistible grace argues that when God calls a person to salvation, that person will inevitably come to salvation. Resistible grace states that God calls all to salvation, but that many people resist and reject this call.

Calvinism holds to perseverance of the saints while Arminianism holds to conditional salvation. Perseverance of the saints refers to the concept that a person who is elected by God will persevere in faith and will not permanently deny Christ or turn away from Him. Conditional salvation is the view that a believer in Christ can, of his/her own free will, turn away from Christ and thereby lose salvation. Note - many Arminians deny "conditional salvation" and instead hold to "eternal security."

So, in the Calvinism vs. Arminianism debate, who is correct? It is interesting to note that in the diversity of the body of Christ, there are all sorts of mixtures of Calvinism and Arminianism. There are five-point Calvinists and five-point Arminians, and at the same time three-point Calvinists and two-point Arminians. Many believers arrive at some sort of mixture of the two views. Ultimately, it is our view that both systems fail in that they attempt to explain the unexplainable. Human beings are incapable of fully grasping a concept such as this. Yes, God is absolutely sovereign and knows all. Yes, human beings are called to make a genuine decision to place faith in Christ unto salvation. These two facts seem contradictory to us, but in the mind of God they make perfect sense.

Read more: https://www.gotquestions.org/Calvinism-vs-Arminianism.html#ixzz3D2ROXArc

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I look at results. When we preach at a tent meeting, we never discuss any of these beliefs. We preach Jesus Christ and Him crucified. These debates just never seem to draw the unsaved to the Cross. It may just be my old Polish mind but I still am overcome by the power of someone's testimony in Christ.

I will look forward to reading the outcome of your views. Jim

Thu, Sep 11, 2014 - 4:18pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Total depravity versus partial depravity?

Now there's an interesting debate, one that I would not participate in, since I think mankind has been fed a boatload of depraved thinking, the results of which are obvious today.

In computer terms, garbage in, garbage out.

Why are those our only two choices? There is a third, one that states emphatically that mankind was created in Gods image, and perfect in every way.

Of course, there is a book to refute that point of view.

There are plenty of others that support it.

Thu, Sep 11, 2014 - 5:15pm
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@ Fix and NW

NW - I was wondering if the whole 'Calvinism vs Arminianism' issue would surface sometime. Long topic. Agreed. Personally, I am a 5 point Spurgeonist

I am not in either category myself, and granted perhaps you are correct and we (all) believers should just preach Christ and Him crucified, Amen and Amen, but do you really think Fix or the many others others reading in would ever visit a tent meeting? Isn't that just a mobile 'steeple house' in their eyes.?

"I look at results. When we preach at a tent meeting, we never discuss any of these beliefs. We preach Jesus Christ and Him crucified. These debates just never seem to draw the unsaved to the Cross. It may just be my old Polish mind but I still am overcome by the power of someone's testimony in Christ."

NW, respectfully, Jesus placed a major emphasis on doctrine, Paul, Peter and the rest were big on doctrine as well, which means teaching, Positive, Objective, Truth and Reality explained from and by Scripture, yet granted 'doctrine' does not save, the devil probably has a more 'orthodox' doctrine than the majority of Christians, and what good does it do him.?

I also had a lot of real, sincere, honest questions at one time, I had to work through, just like Fix and others as well.

Maybe it's helping, maybe not, I am not responsible for the results, if I thought that were that case I would have Spiritual apoplexy and probably never post again.

Fix, will try to tackle your post 918 as soon as I can, point by point, if it will help, for what it's worth. Was going to watch your movie first tonight and report back. Good questions.

randomness