Thread of Faith … Christian Support Discussion

1149 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 11:15am
ewc58
-
Westchester County, NY

Which Prophecy book

are you referring to Chin? Providing you wish to share, I'd be interested.

Like you, I first came across Christian prophecy books while young. In the 70's as well. I don't remember the titles, but they resonated in my core and I always had the strongest feeling that I was supposed to find and consume them.

I also believe that we're in the final days. Jesus spoke far ahead of his time relating to us what life would just prior to his coming. He says in Matthew 24:37-38: “But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be".

Here's a good page that breaks this prophecy down: https://www.jesusplusnothing.com/studies/online/daysofnoah.htm

Don't Tread On Me
Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 12:05pm
Bay

ewc58

ha ha ha ... I knew someone would ask me that. The book was "The Late Great Planet Earth" by Hal Lindsey. I don't recommend it because I believe Hal was wrong about a lot of things in that book. I am sure he would even say that today. He even did some approximate date setting which, in my opinion, should never be done. Back when I first read it (unsaved) it freaked me out as a 26 year old and not long after I got saved. Well at least that was good !!

The best book on the subject, that I don't think will be surpassed by a human, is "Footsteps of the Messiah" by Arnold Fruchtenbaum. Arnold is a Messianic Jew and has a great grasp of Jesus the Messiah from a Jewish perspective. Here is a link to the book at Amazon. Go through the comments there.

https://www.amazon.com/Footsteps-Messiah-Arnold-G-Fruchtenbaum/dp/0914863096/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1311089367&sr=1-2

PART of the problem, in my estimation, with the church today is we have lost our Jewish roots. Jesus was a Jew and He is betrothed to His bride the church. Some effort to understand those roots helps to open scripture to greater understanding. Being a gentile I had none of this but have benefited greatly by making the effort. Understanding the word means understanding Jesus who is the word.

Grace & Peace

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 12:08pm
R man J
-
WI

...it's the opposite with me, Buckanear...

...I was all grown up, but when I read Jesus Christ's words and learned who he is, I became a little child, totally dependent on Him...now I want to unlearn all but Him.

Subsequently I discovered that the core truths of Jesus have been preserved in a legally solid multitude of agreeing documents since the time of Christ when, incidentally, up to 500 people saw Him through a period of 40 days after He rose from the grave.

Chin Music and all, I don't post much, but really enjoyed this thread. Been stacking silver to preserve wealth.

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 12:22pm
Yooper Rick
-
Rock, MI

Buckanear...you may have been

Buckanear...you may have been raised as a Christian but I somehow question if you ever gave yourself over to Him. I'm not the decider, that's between you and the Lord Jesus but once sealed I had the impression that it was a done deal.

yooper rick
Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 12:37pm
lottiedah

Not by their works, but by their fruit.

"By their works...ye shall know them.

Nice work Chin " ~ ewc58

Actually,

"...by their fruits you shall know them..." Matt 7:20 (words of Jesus Christ, himself)

What is this fruit? "The fruit of the spirit is peace, patience, kindness, gentleness and self-control against which there is no law." Galatians 5: 22-23

https://bible.cc/matthew/7-20.htm

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians+5%3A22-23&version...

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 1:05pm
ewc58
-
Westchester County, NY

True dat lottiedah but

I didn't want to call Chin a Fruit. I mean did you ever get a taste of 95mph Chin Music? Or the dirt in your mouth after you bail and hit the deck?

:-0)

Don't Tread On Me
Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 1:05pm
Laineyisat
-
OH

Buckanear....

No spear throwing here.

Anything that becomes institutionalized evolves into something outside of its orginal design.... i.e., no longer recognizable, no longer functioning as designed, becomes part of the problem instead of being the solution. Institutionalize it; Ruin it!

What the institutional church has done (or not done) cannot negate what Jesus Christ has done!

I strongly encourage you to find and read, "The Rabbit and the Elephant". It is an easy read, but it could change everything.

The institutional church can wreak a LOT of havoc - but it cannot take away my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. You can take away my Bible, but you can't take away my relationship with Him.

Blessings, Buckanear!

Lainey

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 1:17pm
Laineyisat
-
OH

Chin Music: Frank Viola

"Pagan Christianity" was part of the perfect storm that hit us about a year and a half ago...

When we left the brick and mortar church, we told the pastor that we wouldn't take anyone with us... and we didn't. This has left us in a bit of a vacuum. Frank talks about the 18 months of "withdrawal"... We are transplants to this city to start with (Dr. J's job). So, it isn't like we had huge and multiple circles of people... I guess we are in a bit of a holding pattern. The withdrawal urges are subsiding.... and we are learning to be at peace. I don't know what the next step will be - and frankly I am tired of trying to make something happen. God can bring about divine appointments. We are praying for ears that hear His voice and directions.

??????????????

hope at least some of that makes sense!!!!

: )

Lainey

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 1:38pm
-
Nowhere, AK

From the Moderator: Please Respect This Thread

Sigh. I was hoping I would not have to step in here but I figured soon enough some folks would want to come in here and rain on everyone else's parade.

Well, here are the rules.

If you want to debate Christianity, talk about how you don't believe in it, or otherwise take issue with this thread, PUT IT ELSEWHERE. That means, you are welcome to discuss it in another forum topic. Feel free to create one. This thread, however, should be kept free of debate and insults since people obviously want it and need it. If you don't like it, don't read it or speak your mind elsewhere.

Times are tough, and many people gain strength from their faith. What on earth is your purpose in coming here to disabuse them of that? The only reason I can figure is sheer mean-spiritedness, which is not the spirit of this website. (Please read the https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/community-guidelines)

By the way, this point stands for any other spiritual support threads that are started by people of other faiths. Likewise, if someone starts the "Atheist Support Topic," then it would be inappropriate to use that thread to try to convert people to Christianity.

From this point forward the moderators will remove any offensive or inflammatory posts on this thread. (That includes calling Christians "sheep" in the negative sense of the term.) Take it elsewhere.

Thank you.

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 1:47pm
Yooper Rick
-
Rock, MI

The "State Church", which

The "State Church", which consists of a 501c3 inc. agreement with our satanic gov't, includes almost every brick and mortar church in the country. This unholy alliance, from Catholic to Baptist and everything in between, has sent more souls to hell, IMHO, than any other single factor in the 20th cent. This is why God hates tradition. You hit the nail on the head in your post above, Chin.

yooper rick
Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 1:52pm
Yooper Rick
-
Rock, MI

Stephanie...very well handled

Stephanie...very well handled and thank you very much.

yooper rick
Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 2:21pm
Bay

Stephanie

Thank you for that ... best to leave what is there posted as it will serve all what is and is not tolerated.

By the way you are now the designated "flame throwing closer" or FTC for short on this thread.

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 2:24pm
Larry

Poof

Just wrote a fantastic post. :)

The whole thing went "poof" when I deleted a sentence. :(

No time to recreate now, but in short, it had to do with false prophets and false religions. Satan does rule the earth (for now), but like the EE, he is getting desperate with little time left. Many/most "traditional" churches have strayed from the truth. Some have strayed farther than others obviously, but at the end, Pagan/Secular/Philosophical interpretations will get us nowhere but in deep trouble.

Most if not all mainstream churches have removed the name of our Creator from the bible. His name has been replaced by His title, God and Lord. Now, this may not seem like a big deal to some, but it is. He wants us to KNOW Him, not just His title. Titles can be usurped or lose their meaning over time, particularly with so many false gods that seem to be coming back into fashion. This began centuries ago and continues today.

Now we see even His title being removed from all public places such as court houses, schools and events. We have "secular groups" that want all prayer and reference to a "God" stopped.

So, if you believe as I do that Satan has been allowed to rule the earth until Our Savior, Jesus returns, do you not believe that the evil one would try to confuse, pervert and minimize Christian churches today? This is what we see happening. With new sects, new churches, new religions and the explosion of branches of Christian philosophy based teachings along with Muslims and all eastern religions, we have a modern version of the Tower of Babel.

Buckanear - I understand your misgivings and do agree with much of your comment, but please don't stop searching for the truth. You believe in God, right? Do you believe Jesus died for our sins? Do you believe in Jesus' resurrection? If so, then you cannot give up the journey. You are much closer than you think.

If your heart hasn't been hardened too much by the secular/pagan dumbing-down and softening up of today's traditional "organized religions" and churches that have strayed, pray earnestly to Jehovah God that you might find the way and find others that have found the truth. I hope you've learned too much and believed too sincerely to turn back.

We will never know all that Jehovah God knows. We'll never know what His son Jesus knows. But we can do our part and learn as much as we can. We will learn much more after our resurrection.

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 3:19pm
ewc58
-
Westchester County, NY

Stephanie!

Well said. It seems to me that the widespread antipathy toward Christ, Christians, and Christianity is not only today's "OK" bigotry, it is being reinforced by overlapping fields of fire that leave many unthinking people quite brazen in their anti-Christ speech and actions. Music, movies, celebrity culture, "government" all point the way to the evil, white Christian world as the enemy of mankind. However, in a world that Christians know was infiltrated and turned upside down by fallen angels and their earthly minions, should this sad reality come as a surprise? Not at all.

Where all of this is heading is the eventual persecution and liquidation of Christians, globally. Conversion to God knows what, or a nice beheading will be the choice offered to us. After all, it is only We who stand in the way of the realization of so many sick dreams of this ancient evil. Imagine the Bolshevik genocide of 50 million White Russian Christians from 1917 until Nikita Kruschev. Or the murder of 100 million Chinese Christians under Chairman Mao. As ghastly as these Holocausts were, realize that they were just the test kitchens for the upcoming Main Event. That's what they'd like to see happen. But boy, do they have it wrong.

Thanks for reminding any and all of them that they have the rest of Lucifer's Domain to continue to crap up. Soon enough they'll learn the contents of The Abyss with their own eyes and ears, and then they'll see right through all the layers of deception. They will realize their folly and realize how they wasted God's grace and blessings. Of course then it will be much too late to ask Jesus for His Help.

Suckers.

Don't Tread On Me
Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 3:29pm
LaMachinna

A BIG WELCOME....

to everyone and thanks for letting me be a part of Faith Street :)

Been getting ready to have some lovely ladies over for some bible study and fellowship tonight, so been busy cleaning and cooking. Haven't had much of a chance to read through everything. WOW, what a blessing of response.

Brothers and Sisters, just wanted you to know I consider it an honor to journey this path with you.

Here is some encouragement for today:

The issue of faith is not so much whether we believe in God, but whether we believe the God we believe in. - RC Sproul
Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 3:49pm Laineyisat
Bay

Lainey concerning Chin Music: Frank Viola

It all makes perfect sense ... I absolutely love your statement "frankly I am tired of trying to make something happen". When we get out of the way and come to the end of ourselves Jesus does his greatest work in us.

I am seeing others have the same type of events you described unfold in their lives. What is going on with you is going on with others. I am one. I moved to where I am a year ago. It wasn't planned but I saw the Lords hand in it. The full meaning is still unfolding but it is unfolding.

Settle in and wait ....

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 4:54pm
Bay

Brother & Sisters in Christ

ok ... we have had some coming on here with disruptions that I no longer want to see. It causes problems that this thread is not intended for. I have flagged 2 recent posts asking that they be removed. If you are one of those and want to talk about it you can invite me to a private chat and I will discuss it with you. I will continue to flags post that are inappropriate whether they are by a Christian or other wise. If a post is on here and it is inflammatory do not engage please.

If I do have a private chat with someone and they post inflammatory remarks again I will flag but no private chat will ensue.

Sorry if this offends anyone but it is the only way we can keep peace. I might add I shouldn't have to do this.

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 5:57pm
Yooper Rick
-
Rock, MI

I do not think "Christian

I do not think "Christian Discussion" is ambiguous. It means discussion of Christian topics, not if God or Jesus lives. The part about faith covers that. Pretty simple isn't it?

yooper rick
Wed, Jul 20, 2011 - 1:43am ewc58
Bay

Bewildered

ewc58 I must admit I have been bewildered by your post since first reading it. What is this anger you have displayed? Do you really want people cast into the Abyss? I also don't understand the statement "White Christian". Is there a difference between Christians because of the color of their skin? Calling people suckers only puts you in with the one's your anger was aimed at. This is not keeping with Christian principals. I truly am troubled by this. I really didn't want to write this and I wrestled with it all day. Please consider the following from the lips of Jesus ...

Luke 6:27-37 (ISV)
27 “But I say to you who are listening: Love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you. 28 Bless those who curse you, and pray for those who insult you. 29 If someone strikes you on the cheek, offer him the other one as well, and if someone takes your coat, don’t keep back your shirt, either. 30 Keep on giving to everyone who asks you for something, and if anyone takes what is yours, do not insist on getting it back. 31 Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them. 32 “If you love those who love you, what thanks do you deserve? Why, even sinners love those who love them. 33 If you do good to those who do good to you, what thanks do you deserve? Even sinners do that. 34 If you lend to those from whom you expect to get something back, what thanks do you deserve? Even sinners lend to sinners to get back what they lend. 35 Rather, love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them, expecting nothing in return. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, for he is kind to ungrateful and evil people. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.” 37 “Stop judging, and you will never be judged. Stop condemning, and you will never be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

I know these things are not easy but coming from the Masters lips they are essential. To accomplish this difficult task we must become less and less and he become greater. I mess up, I fall short but his mercy and grace is great toward us who believe. I am better than I used to be but God is still working the sanctification process with me. Again, please consider the following ...

Galatians 2:20 (ISV)
20 I no longer live, but Christ lives in me, and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by the faithfulness of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 - 1:56am
JoeKa

Awesome thread!

Well hello my fellow brethren and sisteren.

Wow. Great thread guys and good job starting it Chin.

I think I'll hang out here when I can. :)

joeka

randomness