Westchester County, NY

By their works...

...ye shall know them.

Nice work Chin

Don't Tread On Me
Mon, Jul 18, 2011 - 8:26pm
Bay

Tesla

God refers to King David as a man after God's own heart ... I always loved that so when my son was born we named him David ... I still call him David and around Christian circles he is also called David .... in the secular world he's Dave ... In my younger years I never understood why God called KD a man after his own heart but I liked it ... when my son moved to his teenage years (31 now) we of course started to butt heads ... I would get angry with him and give out the old silent treatment ... punish him was my mode ... punish him with THE TREATMENT ... after all that's how I was handled ...

David would have none of it ... he came bursting into the kitchen after being put on a dose of the treatment and said "Dad, I don't want this!!! I don't want to have this thing hanging between us !!! Can't we work this out?" I was dumbfounded. I wasn't expecting that ... he had me.

I learned something from my teenage son that day and I am glad I did. I was curious where that came from out of him. Certainly wasn't my great parenting skills at work. Yes, we raised him in the scriptures but there was no evidence in his actions that was the reason for this reaction.

Another peculiar thing started to happen with him from that time forward. He became very forthright about his sin. During conversation he would bring up his sin and just lay it all out there. He amazed me. I wouldn't do that.

I had to find out what was going on and the only place to do that was ask the Lord. Over time I was led into studying King David and here is what I found. (much more that this but we are limited) He was a liar, adulterer and a murderer and maybe some other things yet God called him a man after Gods own heart. Why?

He was always quick to admit his sin and repent. He didn't want anything blocking his relationship with the Father. He would do whatever was necessary to restore the relationship. My David did the same with me in that kitchen and we have had that type of relationship with us ever since.

You may be able to guess why I told you this but I will explain. You have come bursting on the scene here and proclaim you have a problem NOT sinning. Are you sure you are not my son ... David is that you ...

Ahhhh Tesla, you warm my heart ... you really do ... how wonderful to meet you ... you bring tears of joy to my eyes ... God loves you so ... all will be well

Mon, Jul 18, 2011 - 8:45pm
Bay

ewc58

the response is overwhelming and moving ... I believe the Lord will do great work here as more believers post their heart as some have already done today ... great work of the Lord comes from Him working through each one of us ... I've done a lot of posting here today for the thread is going through an introductory faze but I don't want that ... I want others to be hands on and I know this will be so in given time ... great to have you about ... I look forward to learning from all here

Mon, Jul 18, 2011 - 9:30pm
FogHorn LegHorn

Thank you for the gifts

I am so happy to have other Christians to talk to about the fast approaching fulfillment of the end times.Seen from a Christian perspective, We can see the words of the bible happening in everyday events as they unfold, all around the World.Very scarey times. We are living and witnessing the times of great tribulation. Its nice to have support from Friends who also see. I don't belong to a church. So I'll consider this my new church.God Bless :)

Mon, Jul 18, 2011 - 9:51pm
Tesla

No

I'm not David. Sounds to me like one lucky 'kid' though. Sounds to me like YOU are a lucky dad.

I'm just a guy trying to find truth and make sense of what I see. I have studied many paths to find the truth about reality, humanity and history. You probably wouldn't agree with some of my beliefs. We do agree in our belief that Jesus Christ was the real deal. I have to agree that my relation ship with the one whose name is hollowed beyond all that is - is the single most important, consistent and long term relationship in my existence. But somehow I still manage to break almost every rule it seems. Not that I set out too, It's just that the currents in my life always seem to put me in a place where doing the wrong thing seems to be the right thing. God hasn't squished me like a bug.. yet, and I will continue to ask him please not to =]

Mon, Jul 18, 2011 - 10:33pm
Larry

A Big Little Corner

Great to see all you good folks on this Faith Thread. Really heart warming. Just a couple thoughts before I ease off into popcorn and conversation with Mrs. L ...

This thread is important. The discussions and information imparted here, if taken to heart, will make a much bigger difference in lives than gold and silver. Knowing that, we should all take care with our approach. Romans 12 is a short chapter, but gives a good example of Christian heart and attitude better than I ever could.

Tesla, we are all sinners. The serpent was the antagonist, influencer and trickster, but we can thank Adam and Eve's disobedience and betrayal for being born into sin. Yet, even though we descended from them, inheriting and carrying on the curse of sinfulness, we can change our course, change our hearts and minds and lead good, honest lives that will please our Creator. I thank God and the ransom sacrifice of His son Jesus for my redemption and a chance at everlasting life.

Foghorn Leghorn, by my studies and observations, I believe we are close to the end of this evil "system of things". But we have real hope and great comfort knowing that we will be judged compassionately by a loving God Jehovah. We just need to know Him and have a relationship with Him. The bible will teach us what most church's unfortunately won't these days. You don't need a church but you should, if you haven't already, begin serious bible study. The truth resides there.

My own spiritual journey has taken me to visit many churches and witness many religions. Frankly, I've been disappointed by what I've found, but I've now found one, at long last, that lives it, breathes it and walks the walk. More on that later. You cannot go wrong by opening the bible and just start reading. Most people don't... even fence-sitting Christians. Your teacher selection will come next, if you look and discern. Then, if you see the benefit of a church or religious organization to belong to, pray earnestly, privately, with zeal and passion and you'll be led on the path you need to take. It's all about our relationship with God, not our outward pronouncements or church affiliation. No collection plates.

G'nite all.

Mon, Jul 18, 2011 - 10:43pm
After the Storm

Church @ Turdville

First Church in Turdville. Let's make a commitment to have zero church splits and keep it the only church in Turdville as well. If only THE church could pull that off!! Count me in as a member. Look forward to the discussions.

This Too Shall Pass
Mon, Jul 18, 2011 - 11:44pm FogHorn LegHorn
CreditCrumbs

I am one of them who believes

I am one of them who believes that we won't know when the end times will be. With the excessive greed in Wallstreet and gov, it does feel like it may be close to the end times, but I wouldn't give up yet in hoping that it is not yet the end time. May be God has called us to help create a more sustainable and compassionate system, less driven by greed, after the great reset.

Mon, Jul 18, 2011 - 11:52pm
Bay

You are a gift

FogHorn LegHorn you are a gift ... so glad you are here ... I don't belong to a brick and mortar either but I do belong to the Church of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ ... happily ... as far as the end times go I got saved after reading a prophesy book back in the late 70's ... wow what a ride ... still study that today ... we can have some great conversations along those lines here ... I am sure many have much to share

Tesla ... yes, I am very blessed indeed that God chose one like David for me ... you said "You probably wouldn't agree with some of my beliefs." That would need to be clarified but it may surprise you what I believe. So anytime you want to expound on that thought feel free. May I also suggest a deep and thorough study of Romans? A masterpiece in my estimation.

After the Storm ... I am amazed at you and CreditCrumbs ... both of you just joined today and here you are ... and some people say there is no God (HA!!!) ... many Jewish Rabbi's often say that coincidence is not a kosher word ... I say TRUE ... welcome

Larry ... good stuff there ... keep it coming ... I like the description of the Church you attend ... spent two years studying what is referred to as House Church and I prefer that model as it is in line with the book of Acts.

Chin out

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 12:04am
Bay

CreditCrumbs

I do believe we are living in the last days .... whether it's a year from now or 20 years I don't know but I sense to work diligently at what is set before me ... God bless brother I'm going to get some rest ... lets talk again

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 12:35am
OC15

A good start

The beginning of my journey towards understanding how the giant ponzi scheme known as the world works began when I was introduced to reading the Creature from Jekyll Island by a co-worker of mine. It was an eye opening experience to me to discover that what I knew as money and how financial systems of the worked was a lie. I have been studying the Bible for years but certain things began to take on new meaning as I learned more about history, civilizations, governments, money, etc from books and blogs (Jason Hommel writings are really good to read) I've been following. I've read a number of books detailing the path we are on towards global financial collapse. Some predict Mad-Max type scenarios, some predict a giant transfer of wealth in the next great "wealth cycle", some predict the Biblical end of human history, some predict worldwide slavery to the NWO. Based on my Christian worldview, it certainly seems like we are entering one of those unique periods of human history where a significant change in the world is coming quickly.

As Christians we know that this age eventually ends with the return of Christ to take his church and allow the consolidation Satan's power to be finalize through a short period of world domination and oppressive despotic rule through one government, religion, and financial system. I believed this would happen, I just never knew exactly how. I never knew so many lies existed on the surface.

Let me hit you with some scripture and how my recent awakenings to how the world works.

1 John 5:19 - "We know that we are the Children of God and the whole world is under the control of the evil one"

Revelation 12:9 - "...Satan, who leads the whole world astray"

Ephesians 2:2 - "ruler of the kingdom of the air"

John 12:31 - "now the prince of this world will be driven out"

John 8:44 - (paraphrasing) devil is a murderer, liar, there is no truth in him

2 Corinthians 2:11 - "in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes"

My friends, Satan is in control of this world, not God. God is sovereign to work through those who would accept Christ to achieve what He purposes to accomplish. We need to understand that. Not only is he great at deceiving us to sin but he is very clever in twisting scripture to make us think something it does not. For a long time I believed Romans 8:28 to mean that if I persevered in my faith God would let me eventually end up with a "happy ending" earthly life where I keep a job, have a great marriage, my kids are healthy and grow up to be better than I was, I have a long prosperous life where I retire at 60 and live off my IRA and 401k till I die at a ripe old age. This is a lie to believe that's what that verse means. What it means is we who live that out eventually get to be with the Lord in heaven. That is our reward. I think so many Christians have this false view. Where it eventually leads is despair when things don't work out, such as my when my child doesn't recover from cancer, I don't land a job to keep the house from being foreclosed on, or otherwise rescued from my current trial. If this were the case then why was nearly every apostle and early church leader martyred? Peter being crucified upside down by Nero to end his life doesn't exactly sound like "things working out for good of those who love God" as we would write it. So I think it is important that we understand purpose in suffering, though that is a writing for another time.

This is more about understanding that Satan controls the world and that he is engineering all of its systems to work against us. God has stayed his sovereign hand and allowed this to happen since we chose sin and death in Genesis 3. But we have the Spirit to understand truth and persevere through it all sharing out hope with others and striving against it. So if he is a liar and there is no truth in him then we must view much of what we are shown and led to believe by our leaders as deception and lies. We are taught to believe that our leaders are good for the most part and are trying to help us have a prosperous life; and sure there is corruption in all that but largely government is trying to help it's people. Eventually the bad guys will lose and the good guys will win, jobs will be restored, education will get back on track, budgets will get ironed out, terror will be defeated...you get the idea. This, of course, is part of the lie.

Satan is a master deceiver. I thought my fight was merely against keeping from temptation to sin. Then I started finding out about fiat money and real money (gold and silver).

Job 22:25 - "then the Almighty will be your gold, the choicest silver for "

Job 23:10 - "But He knows the way that I take, when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold"

Proverbs 11:1 - "The Lord abhors dishonest scales, but accurate weights are his delight"

Proverbs 20:10 - "Differing weights and differing measures, the Lord detests them both"

Matthew 6:24 - "...You cannot serve both God and money"

1 Timothy 6:10 - "For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil"

Many times in the Bible the writer will compare things like God or wisdom being greater than gold and silver. This is because gold and silver were the greatest measure of wealth during that time and the writer wanted to illustrate that the Lord was a greater treasure than even these things. Blamelessness was compared to pure gold. God put it in the hearts of men that these things are what he created to be used as mediums of exchange. They are very durable, ductile, and malleable. They had distinct weights and measurements so they were easily discernable and hard to counterfeit if compared to one another. Gold and silver were what God intended us to use as money. As far as I can tell, all great empires started their monetary system using gold and silver. Those in power at some point became greedy (as though they weren't wealthy enough) and would debase the currency to rob the public when they could take no more in taxes without enduring a revolution. The debasement eventually spelled the doom of the empire. Then they came up with something even better...

Paper fiat money is Satan's money. It is born of debt. It is the antithesis of money. It is anti-wealth. It deceives people into thinking it is money but deceptively robs them of their wealth when more is created. The borrower is servant to the lender no? So it encourages slavery. It was created by men greedy for more money and control when they already had more than they knew what to do with. The root of all evil begins with the love of money. When people can no longer derive any more pleasure from money they seek to control other people. Jason Hommel wrote an article on how fiat money violates all 10 commandments. He makes a stretch to get to some of them but it's a good read.

https://www.silverstockreport.com/email/commandments.html

I've been reading alot of different things. One thing I stumbled across was a document called the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion when I found a video series by a man named Doc Marquis. Some people say this is an anti-semitic document or a hoax. But I believe it is a true Illuminati/NWO blue print for how a small sociopathic group of Satanically led Jews believe it is their Zionistic fulfillment to control the world. Let me be clear. This is a small sect of Jews, not representative at all of Jews in general. This is the equivalent of Westboro Baptist church (the gay funeral protesters) in the scheme of Christian churches. This thing was written well over 100 years ago and the writings in it seem to be exactly how society is progressing. Through reading things like this, the Bible, asking God for wisdom to be aware of Satan's schemes I believe he's been showing me some things. Some of these things are a discernment I cannot pin point to someone and say "here it is, this is how I know these things" Mainly how it goes is this:

God has ideas and Satan perverts them. I will list just a few examples.

1. God wants a kingdom where all of creation worships Him in loving fellowship with one another where they enjoy a wonderful eternal life filled with joy and love, free of sorrow, pain, death, tears. Satan wants his own kingdom where all of creation worships him out of fear and oppression while he steals, kills, maims, destroys them.

2. God started his church and new covenant with a small number of Jewish men whom he entrusted with sharing His love and truth, the way to eternal life in the next age, and a hope to have while living this life, a doctrine that teaches us to love one another, bear each others burdens, to serve without expecting in return, to follow the example set for us by Christ. Satan started his kingdom with a small group of Jewish men that he demonically blessed with wealth and knowledge of how to accumulate earthly wealth by deceiving, stealing, lying, cheating, killing others in the process. This is a system of circles within circles. Many people are led to believe they are "in the know" that will eventually have their power usurped and be double crossed by an even smaller group. The group way at the top, perhaps this is the Bildeberg, Illuminati, Rothschilds, who knows exactly, but they are ultimately being led astray to death and destruction by Satan.

3. God made money that is real and true. It can be used to build real wealth. Satan took the idea of money and made it his own where it is actually worthless and men can defraud one another. It gives the illusion of wealth but really leads to enslavement.

Just a few examples. Satan does not have an original idea. Original ideas are truth. He always takes something God has determined, wants it for his own, and he perverts it for man's destruction.

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 1:34am
Biscuit

If this is our Church of Turdville...

I plan to attend regularly.

And, I know that we're not alone here.

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 1:51am
Rear Flank Downdraft

Thanks for the thread Chin......

I'll be back, checking in here and hoping to glean from each of you and maybe post something beneficial myself.....

It is a good thing to hammer out a godly theology around and throughout the massive, manipulative intrusions into life and freedom being levied against the world by these "powers" that be. God indeed has an economy to his Kingdom (as it stands and as it will come), and it's a just one and an approachable one, leaving no one out. I guess how we even try to approximate that in the here and now is the challenge.

I am interested in hearing how Christ-followers are embodying their faith on the ground-level, where the rubber meets the road, so-to-speak on these kinds of things......

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 2:12am
Tesla

OC15

Wow - this is exactly what I think but am looked upon as if I am an alien with 6 eyes when I speak of it even with the wisest Christians running in my circles. My greatest sin of is the anger and hatred I feel for those who destroy the week for meaningless and un-needed gain. I wish terrible things upon these people. I Don't know the scriptures so well, but I know the truth when I see it. I completely agree about that 'living happily ever after' teaching and feel that life is a test and the reward comes later.

I believe that often the scriptures have many layered meanings and deep truth - but many would be leaders twist it's subtle complexity into what they want it to say or mean to win trust and wield power over others. Many may well think they are doing Gods will but lose themselves along the way. I have a tough time with ALL the churches I have ever sampled... Maybe this thread will serve as my church?

Indeed I think that the evil hand behind the curtain is NOT Blythe Masters or the JP Morgan, but instead the Illuminati and by extension satan himself. I think that The Rothschild's and the Billderburg group are the wheels within wheels that you speak of. The secret society of satan is real and their lust to control money is his power over them. The beast will chew them up and spit them out, but not before they serve up their earthly brothers and sisters into his slavery.

To that particular point I would posit again that the REAL MANIPULATION and END GAME is to own all the land and real estate or at the very least exercise absolute control over it and all that live within and upon it. The over supply in housing was created on purpose by the banks using WAY to soft lending policies that they knew would create a massive cascading default and leave them holding the real assets at pennies on the dollar.

I look forward to refining my understanding of the truth and watching this particular thread develop going forward!!!

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 8:21am
Laineyisat
-
OH

Chin: Yes, Doc J = Dr. Jerome

Hi Chin,

You pegged it. Doc J = Dr. Jerome (he had to redo his membership/name.)

We do not belong to a brick and mortar church either. Rough ride.

Great little book called "The Rabbit and the Elephant" was instrumental in that.

We are wanting to be part of a house church - which is completely different than a church that meets in a house!!! ; ) Haven't found anyone local to get that going though...

We do receive a lot from www.ibethel.tv - Bill Johnson and his crew at Bethel church in Redding CA... lots of amazing things happening in and through that church body - even if it is the traditional hierarchical format. Which just goes to show that God doesn't waste anything and will use whatever He is given - even if it isn't His original design!

Chin, thanks again for starting this thread. I am so hungry for true fellowship - it hurts.

loveya, Bro.

Lainey

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 8:39am
OC15

Mars Hill Church Seattle

I have learned alot of Bible from Mark Driscoll. He is an excellent teacher. Their website has a ton of resources. Their new website is marshill.com

More thoughts and questions later...

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 9:13am
Bay

Lainey

Maybe God is waiting for you to start a house church ... I completely believe in my heart that is the direction He is leading ... taking one by one out of the institutional church and planting small groups to fellowship together face to face ... I for one never got much staring at the back of the brethrens head sitting in a pew ... the best and most memorable times (where God moved most) was in small groups with all sharing our part given us by our Lord face to face ...

The hierarchical format you speak of is a secular corporate business structure. Most of these are incorporated as 501c3's with the U.S. Govt. There are rules and regulations governing a 501c3 that are not being fully enforced on those entities at the present but I believe will be as we move on. Imagine that ... putting God under the U.S Govt. I believe the Lord will take what is His and leave the rest.

Have you ever read anything by Frank Viola? There are other authors who write and teach on the house church but I like Franks balanced approach. I will include a link to his website. You can also find his books on Amazon which is good because you can scroll through the comments that people leave near the bottom of each book page.

https://www.paganchristianity.org/

I look forward to what the head of the church is doing here.

Grace and Peace

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 9:22am
Bay

Biscuit & Rear Flank Downdraft

Welcome ... keep coming back as I see much value beginning to be shared here ... there are others lurking, such as pourty (I know your laying in the weeds brother), who have much to offer as I am sure you do.

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 10:11am
Larry

For you small business owners

The Department of Labor received an anonymous tip that a local employer was exploiting a mentally challenged worker, so they sent an agent to investigate. When the agent arrived at the workplace, he was greeted by the owner who asked what was the purpose of the visit. The agent said he wanted to know how many people worked there and what they were paid.

The owner said: "We have two workers here. One is my assistant. I pay him $22 an hour, give him two breaks a day, two week's vacation with pay each year, provide lunch, and pay for his health insurance. Then there is a mentally challenged worker. He works about eighteen hours every day, does about 90% of all the work, and makes about $10 per week. He has no breaks and pays for his own insurance. But I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night so he can cope with life."

The agent was shocked and said: 'That's the guy I want to talk to, the mentally challenged one."

The owner replied: "That would be me."

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 10:48am
Larry

Changed Picture

Decided to change that old retro Gonzo picture I was using for my avatar. Seemed fun at the time but really doesn't represent me or my attitude. I'll let this new one serve until I can come up with something more appropriate.

It struck me that it must be confusing for some to read my words and match those alongside the picture of a wacky Hunter S. Thompson with a cigarette hanging down to the pointy collar tips.

Besides, Jesse Livermore's idea about investing can easily be borrowed and transferred to my ideas about holding firmly to my Christian beliefs through this life journey.

randomness