Thread of Faith … Christian Support Discussion

1149 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sun, Jul 17, 2011 - 5:24pm
Bay

Thread of Faith … Christian Support Discussion

Thread of Faith … Christian Discussion

A few days ago some of us engaged in conversation on one of the mainstream threads entitled “Turd Back”. That conversation basically started with Larry posting “@ Ginger and others”. The conversation continued between many till the end of the thread. For the purpose of this thread to become clear I suggest going there for review. It can be found here ….

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/1568/turd-back?page=3

As you can see our discussion revolved around pain in our lives as Christians. I would like to open this thread of faith continuing to explore that topic as I believe it is very important. Feel free to copy the posts from the thread mentioned and bring them over here to discuss further or just state your own comment/question and then we can all join in TOGETHER.

Before I leave off please allow me to relay a few thoughts to my brethren who post on Turds site and will be posting here. Even though I may have started this thread, let me state, I am not in charge. We are all on equal footing. It matters not if you have been saved 40 days or 40 years we are ALL a part of the body of Christ and ONLY HE is the head. Your input does matter. I understand some may have studied the bible longer than others but that doesn’t make them/you superior. So, you may be a Pastor, Elder, Deacon or hold some other capacity in some church building. Good, fine but please check it at the thread door. Consider the following:

Mark 10: 42-45

42Jesus called the disciples and said to them, “You know that those who are recognized as rulers among the Gentiles lord it over them, and their superiors act like tyrants over them.  43That’s not the way it should be among you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44and whoever wants to be first among you must be a slave to everyone. 45For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many people.”

I see great potential to discuss many topics here and learn from ALL. That’s what the body of Christ is …. a sharing community. We are like minded in what we see happening around us. We are all on Turds website because we share a common bond in silver and gold, great!!! Let’s share with one another the greatest bond that connects us.

P.S. I called this “Thread of Faith …. Christian Discussion” because ….

• 1) The term “Thread of Faith” was created by Yooper Rick and had resonated with
  • Ginger so who could come up with something better than members of the body of
  • Christ. How fitting.
  • 2) I added “Christian Discussion” to let all know what this thread will consist of so they
  • are informed of the content before entry into the thread.

Moderator's Note: The title has been edited to "Support Discussion" make it clearer that this is a "support" thread for Christians. This is not the place to debate Christianity or discuss the finer points of theology. Please go to the following thread to discuss theology:

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/1712/expanded-theological-discussio...

Edited by: Bay on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:27am