molson cdn
-
toronto, ON
Canada

he came across the angels

i follow jim sinclair every day

he came across this chart several years ago

the chart

originated back in 1920-1930 but, more importantly, it clearly shows what monetary value\resistance points the evil empire must prevent the rise of gold

its amazing that even back in 1920, we have a angel chart which accurately shows the rise of gold

hope this helps--

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 - 5:17pm Jasper Puddlemaker
Tom L

Jasper Puddlemaker wrote: Tom

Jasper Puddlemaker wrote:
Tom L wrote:

What significance $1650 holds? I'm not sure? 76.4% Fib retratcement of the $880 Jan 1980 high indexed for the CPI? Dunno.

As I recall, $1650 was the figure that would be needed (back then) to balance the external balance sheet of the US. For discipline reasons he stuck with that call though he knew that figure would end up being low (but from time to time he hinted that Alf's and Martin's numbers were more realistic). These days there is not much hinting; the figures are out in the open. That is what I remember about "$1650" anyway.

Yeah, you're right, now that you remind me on that. I think, actually, $1650 was that 'balance sheet' number from the 1980 high adjusted for inflation. The balancing number now is between $12.5 and $13.5k / oz. B/c of that I couldn't quite figure why he would stick with that number, $1650, in light of the new situation... but, discipline makes sense, ie. that it was an important number and it will provide some amount of resistance. Thanks again for the reminder.

Ta,

-- Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have. Need Goats or Chickens? Say hello at: www.facebook.com/PirateDogAcres
Wed, Jul 20, 2011 - 5:18pm Klingon
Tom L

Klingon wrote: Israel makes a

Klingon wrote:

Israel makes a major miscalculation.

I saw, a couple of days ago, an article (Zero Hedge?) that the US has moved a 3rd carrier group into the Middle East. The article said that many in the military expect Netanyahu to give the go ahead to attack Iran in September. If this happens, gold, silver, and oil will go parabolic.

Yup, a major miscalculation.

Gods help us all if they do that, those crazy bastards.

Ta,

-- Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have. Need Goats or Chickens? Say hello at: www.facebook.com/PirateDogAcres
Wed, Jul 20, 2011 - 11:04pm Tom L
Jasper Puddlemaker
-
OR

Tom L wrote: I think,

Tom L wrote:

I think, actually, $1650 was that 'balance sheet' number from the 1980 high adjusted for inflation.

Yes, I think that was it. He has been mentioning $1764 pretty often as of late, and although I could not find the exact quote in the search I just did, I remember not too long ago talked as if $1764 was the line in the sand (my words, not his). I don't know why that particular number, but it sounded like he expects that number will be defended by the bad guys any way they can. Today he wrote:

"Gold will challenge $1764 where a hyperbolic price appreciation will start."

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think it is pretty evident why he had us work out that external balance sheet formula a few weeks back.

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 - 7:42pm
Babstar
-
Sydney NSW
Australia

I have found the answer to

I have found the answer to the angles in Jim Sinclair's KingWorldNews interview, Wednesday, June 8, 2011, the mp3 is available on that page.

The answer to the angels is as indeed the square of numbers as Michaelh9990 posted above. He talks about about the math's of it late (13:50 ) in the interview, with an ultimate target of $12,544.

Its a very interesting interview is very interesting for those that follow gold shares. At 9:55 in, Jim talks about the possibility of the miners paying dividends in gold warehouse receipts, this would make life very difficult for the shorts as there operation would be complicated by also be obliged to provide the warehouse receipts, and therefore be extremely positive for the stock price. These receipt would probably end up as being traded in an OTC market, as per SCHENLEY Whiskey in the 40's.

He also talks about the possibility of a big summer rally...

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 - 8:19pm Babstar
pink freud

Babstar wrote: with an

Babstar wrote:

with an ultimate target of $12,544.

wow

ALL HAIL SANTA!!!!!

Thanks Jim!

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 - 9:22pm
MonkeySmoke

$2400 adjusted for inflation

I have heard John Williams, and others, say that gold should be around $2400, adjusted for inflation, compared to the 1980 high of $850. The interview Babstar refers is one of my favorites. There is also an interview from 2009 that Santa discusses his dad and Jesse Livermore and trading "back in the day". It is awesome and well worth listening to. It is about 40 minutes in length and well worth the time. It is amazing how accurate Santa is and if you listen how much he teaches. Here is the link https://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2009/11/13...

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 - 10:46pm
Dr Durden
-
Twin Cities, MN

It's funny, the cyclical

It's funny, the cyclical traders I follow have all said there will be a mega correction/seasonal low in gold and to be cautious. We're talking going from $1650 to $1300 or so just "cause that's what gold does." The sentiment is basically that "it's gone too far" and cannot be sustained, thus it must correct and correct a lot.

To me, gold is the most beautiful performing asset out there. Like Turd has said many times, it's just a rock star.

If I didn't have any I'd be buying on the next pull back, but since I have some then I have to take the middle ground and be patient for more global shenanigans.

Got GIABO? "It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin
Wed, Aug 3, 2011 - 5:34am
survivalwstyle

1 miLLion doLLars

so did santa pay on that bet?

it was 1/11/11 @ 1650 USD if i remember coRRect...

enjoy everyday
Wed, Aug 3, 2011 - 6:21am survivalwstyle
pailin

survivalwstyle wrote: so did

survivalwstyle wrote:

According to Jim, nobody had the b@lls to put their $1mil up against him. Since nobody has come forward to dispute this I think we can assume it true.

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Sat, Aug 6, 2011 - 3:48am pailin
Jappleseed911

It should be noted, for those

It should be noted, for those that have recently discovered Santa, he has propositioned that one day East Africa will be the most prosperous and safest area in the world. Think about that for a second. East Africa...in the neighborhood of Somalia and Zimbabwe. Live Aid and Band-Aid were concerts held to help address starvation in Kenya in the 80's. Failing a move to East Africa he has implored folks to buy a farm.

What does that mean for the rest of the world? Outside of Asia and Australia, what kind of conditions will the rest of the world exist in?

If you're trading metal for fiat 'gain' or to 'payoff a house' or to be 'rich' you're missing the point, especially if you don't have other bases covered. Have an out. Have an exit. Make sure you're getting ready for the next game.

It is a tough time to be a young person.

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 2:40am pailin
Desert Fox
-
napa, CA

pailin wrote: survivalwstyle

pailin wrote:
survivalwstyle wrote:

According to Jim, nobody had the b@lls to put their $1mil up against him. Since nobody has come forward to dispute this I think we can assume it true.

There seems to have been one attempt at placing the bet but the Hedge Fund that was looking to make the bet didn't want to put up any cash but rather lock Sinclair into some sort of derivative scheme which Sinclair of course wanted no part of.

In the end I think your post nails it. No one would take him up on a straight bet.

Amazing from how long ago he first mentioned the date and price that he got that close. Impressive.

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 11:23am Jappleseed911
Tripel_Play
-
GA

Jappleseed911 wrote: It

Jappleseed911 wrote:

It should be noted, for those that have recently discovered Santa, he has propositioned that one day East Africa will be the most prosperous and safest area in the world. Think about that for a second. East Africa...in the neighborhood of Somalia and Zimbabwe. Live Aid and Band-Aid were concerts held to help address starvation in Kenya in the 80's. Failing a move to East Africa he has implored folks to buy a farm.

What does that mean for the rest of the world? Outside of Asia and Australia, what kind of conditions will the rest of the world exist in?

If you're trading metal for fiat 'gain' or to 'payoff a house' or to be 'rich' you're missing the point, especially if you don't have other bases covered. Have an out. Have an exit. Make sure you're getting ready for the next game.

It is a tough time to be a young person.

Does he elaborate on why East Africa? Do you have any links? I'm curious.
Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 2:36pm Tripel_Play
So It Goes

Santa

Santa has a large business interest in Tanzania.

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 - 3:55pm So It Goes
Jappleseed911

So It Goes wrote: Santa has a

So It Goes wrote:

Santa has a large business interest in Tanzania.

===================

Dear Big Tatanka,

You don’t think that India plans to do war with say the Ukraine? Pakistan is only coming into focus now. The Taliban is supported by the Pakistan Military and Intelligence. The so called Pakistan government is therefore captive, ineffectual and to a degree without blame.

You haven’t seen anything yet.

I tell you here and now that Pakistan/Taliban have the potential and substance to vault the world into a conflict so significant that it may well not have a precedent.

At the risk of getting a great deal of hate mail, I know this, I do not think this. What is coming is coming within three years.

Yes, things are that critical.

Here is another important fact sort of hidden in this answer to you. I have contacts with some of the most successful environmentalists and political scientists. Would you believe the safest place on the planet for living after January 14th, 2011 might well be East Africa? How is that a flip flop from accepted standard groups of so-called wisdom?

I wonder what my revered friend and Dean of Gold, Harry would say about that…

Respectfully yours,
Jim

https://www.jsmineset.com/2008/12/01/jims-mailbox-33/

Tue, Aug 9, 2011 - 12:31am
-
Washington, DC

Am I going to get kicked out

Am I going to get kicked out of the club if I share this?

Silver Update 3/22/11 - Livermore

Peace.

The way that can be shown is not the Way
The name that can be named is not the Name
Wed, Aug 10, 2011 - 9:56am
-
SA, TX

Interesting observation from

Interesting observation from DP, $42 is the sqaure of $1764 (official value of gold in US Treasury), so the real level would be $1782.53 ($42.22).

It seems like that is the actual level that is causing the resistence. I'm not smart enough to understand the implications, but was curious to everyone else's thoughts?

Hopefully DP doesn't mind me bringing this here, but as FOFOA is more about theory and TF is about trading, it seems more appropriate here.

Wed, Aug 10, 2011 - 9:46pm 1913
S Roche

So, the answer really is 42!

The Universe now makes sense...

Fri, Aug 12, 2011 - 8:09pm Babstar
speconomist
-
Spain

@Babstar

@Babstar or anyone else:

I am trying to find the audiobook and all links I've searched for seem to be not working, does anyone have handy a link to the file?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Mike MALOney hater. Gingers DON'T have souls!
Fri, Aug 12, 2011 - 9:28pm speconomist
Babstar
-
Sydney NSW
Australia

Links

speconomist, try this link for the full text: REMINISCENCES OF A STOCK OPERATOR [project Gutenberg]. I converted this to an ebook for my kindle (.mobi format). It has been scanned and converted, I found a few minor obvious errors, but it conveyed the story. Here's my converted copy in various formats [.pdf] [.epub] [.mobi] for e-readers.

Also archive.org has it https://www.archive.org/details/ReminiscencesOfAStockOperator. You will have to check, some of the files appear to be in other translations into languages, YMMV.

The audio book appears to actually be copyright, so you may have to purchase it, further, it is only an abridged version from the amazon description.

randomness