3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, Jul 8, 2011 - 6:19pm
steeled

stun gun

anyone have one? opinions (good or bad)? recommendations?

Edited by: steeled on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:06am
Fri, Jul 8, 2011 - 7:56pm
pourty

What for?

I don't have one, but I wouldn't want to trust my life with one against an intruder in my home. I'd prefer something that's a proven man-stopper.

My guess is you'd rather not kill anyone, but, assuming you used it effectively, what are you going to do when the electrical shock is over and he gets up again?

Sat, Jul 9, 2011 - 12:31am
steeled

pourty

having a gun and all of our household fully trained is my goal, but we have a child with severe medical and physical problems and his degree of understanding is not yet to a level where I could be comfortable having one in the house (appropriately secured, is a given). That will take a while to achieve. Therefore, I'm investigating other options for the interim.

The idea of stun gun was mentioned to me and may be less problematic in that our boy wouldn't "recognize" and want to "pretend" with it (unlike a gun)--not that it would be left lying around or unsecured, just that it may provoke less interest. Our circumstances may be difficult to understand, but I know that we cannot be uniquely challenged with these issue.

As for your question about when the electrical shock was over...... I don't expect it to do anything but give us a few extra minutes to get the f**k out! Until I become more accurate with a firearm, shooting to kill or even maim would be a lucky shot at best-not that I wouldn't try!!!!!

you get as good as you give

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.