Gardeners: Kraft Zesty Italian Mod

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, Jul 7, 2011 - 7:09pm
lilbromarky1

Gardeners: Kraft Zesty Italian Mod

Pour that top portion of oil off and replace it with apple cider vinegar. Much better tasting, healthy salad dressing mod.

Edited by: lilbromarky1 on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:06am
Thu, Jul 7, 2011 - 9:22pm
Bongo Jim
-
Ruralville, CA

But will it still be zesty?

But will it still be zesty?

Thu, Jul 7, 2011 - 10:43pm
Captain Benny

hmm

I like the idea, since I like salads that are not dripping in oil. But it might be better to save the oil for marinating and cooking. I don't like letting things go to waste about as much as I also don't like burned food, so naturally I like this otherwise wasted oil. Its still got some flavor to leave in some marinated meat!

If only I actually bought Kraft products.... 

Fri, Jul 8, 2011 - 8:22am (Reply to #3)
lilbromarky1

Captain Benny wrote: I like

Captain Benny wrote:

I like the idea, since I like salads that are not dripping in oil. But it might be better to save the oil for marinating and cooking. I don't like letting things go to waste about as much as I also don't like burned food, so naturally I like this otherwise wasted oil. Its still got some flavor to leave in some marinated meat!

If only I actually bought Kraft products.... 

Agree, it would be better to make your own salad dressing from scratch than to buy Kraft. I scrapped the oil because it was Kraft oil. If you do end up with this salad dressing and you want to make it taste good, try my idea it really changes the entire flavor of the dressing.

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/