Homeowner's insurance

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, Jul 1, 2011 - 8:28pm
Ratatouille
-
Tampa, FL

Homeowner's insurance

I don't know much about insurance, except that I hate buying it and I hate the companies that sell it.

This year, with the massive flooding in the midwest, incredible devastation of tornadoes in the south, and wildfires in the west, it just seems like a hurricane that devastates Florida is in the cards.

But after all of these natural disasters, what are your thoughts about whether insurance companies are even solvent anymore after paying out this year's claims? If the SHTF, is it even reasonable to expect insurance payouts?

Edited by: Ratatouille on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:06am
Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 12:52pm
Harald

"The Road" scenario

Probably not. But, if someone has a mortgage, they are required to have homeowner's insurance and if they don't have a mortgage, they'd be foolish to own a property worth hundreds of thousands and not have it insured. I'm sitting in my loft listening to them replacing my roof damaged in a hail storm, nice to have insurance while waiting for armageddon.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness