Why do the gold bull letter writers like Fleck and Russell retreat to the den when the price declines?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, Jun 30, 2011 - 8:14pm
mr66
-
los angeles, CA

Why do the gold bull letter writers like Fleck and Russell retreat to the den when the price declines?

I feel the gold; bulls together have nothing to say when the price declines, that is all of them

Edited by: mr66 on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:31am
Fri, Jul 1, 2011 - 2:54pm
So It Goes

Disagree

With all due respect. I have been reading (by subscribing) to Fleck for years. He has been steadfast in his opinion to own gold.

I cannot fathom why you feel the way you do.

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 - 4:51pm
Foreyes
-
Baltimore, MD

What can they say?  Price

What can they say? Price action is a temporary phenomenon. If it's down this week, it may be up next week. You can't expect a comment on every swing. It may have to go down before it goes up.

If it never goes up, well, - - -I guess they have some splainin' to do.

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 8:25pm
Jasper Puddlemaker
-
OR

All of them?

Russell has said to "buy the dips" all along. I am not a subscriber, but that is what comes across in the public releases I read on KWN and elsewhere. I don't know who else you read specifically, but I can't think of one decent analyst who doesn't recommend buying these dips (which all agree are inevitable). (Obviously I am not including Nadler in the list of "good analysts.")

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 8:49pm
mouser
-
BC
Canada

Have a read on Jim WIllie

This is from the JULY o1 tirade.

Its unfortunate , but its way too truthful to be ignored.

https://www.kitco.com/ind/willie/jul012011.html

Mon, Jul 4, 2011 - 12:50pm (Reply to #4)
mr66
-
los angeles, CA

letter writers

I subscribe to Russell and Flecxkenstein both. My point was simply that when Gold starts sliding to the downside, they just note the decline and move on to another subject. I haven't seen either one recommend buying of Gold during these setbacks zero times in the last two to three years.

Sun, Jul 10, 2011 - 1:21pm
arch stanton
-
Prescott, AZ

Russell

I agree with your point about Richard Russell completely. I subscribed to him for years and every time there was a correction in PM's there was deafening silence. I was a newbie back then and wanted someone to hold my hand. I gave up on Russell as senile when he started touting the virtues of Paul Krugman.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness