4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, Jun 30, 2011 - 2:37pm
Cucamonga
-
Under A Rock
XX

Minneapolis Coin Shops (Wanted)

Can anyone in the Twin Cities recommend a good coin shop/dealer? 

I've been to Premium Quality Coins in the Skyway and they have a nice selection and breadth but looking for a lower markup in the area on small volume purchases.

Many thanks.

Edited by: Cucamonga on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:13am
Thu, Jun 30, 2011 - 3:27pm
Dr Durden
-
Twin Cities, MN

I forget the name, but the

I forget the name, but the guys at the shop in St Louis Park on Excelsior Blvd (~1 mile E of 100) are pretty nice. I've been there a couple times just nosing around, but haven't bought anything. Seemed their premium was inline with the general market, but this was a few months ago. Call before you go.

Got GIABO? "It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin
Fri, Jul 1, 2011 - 8:43am (Reply to #2)
Cucamonga
-
Under A Rock
XX

Park Coin

Thanks for the response Dr. I popped into that shop nosing around myself. His premium was a touch higher than Premium Quality Coin but he was very helpful to this noob suggesting I get a copy of the Red Book which I took him up on. 

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 - 10:11am
Dr Durden
-
Twin Cities, MN

I know Miles Franklin is a

I know Miles Franklin is a big boy in town, but I'm not sure if they have an actual store front. Last I looked on their website they had low premium but you'd need to spend a hefty chunk. They're in Wayzata.

Honestly, if you're just shopping for a little here and there, buy from Gainesville or eBay. Tax will kill you locally and shipping kills you online. I've bought 90% of my PM's shipped free online and I'll tell you, it really adds up in savings over time.

Got GIABO? "It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin
randomness