Welcome to the updated TF Metals Report! We hope you enjoy the new experience.

We've changed payment processors, so any existing renewals will need to be re-subscribed after expiration. You will receive an email when this happens. If you have any questions, send a message through the Contact page.

DOOMSDAY PREPPERS on NatGeo

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, Jun 30, 2011 - 11:32am
Lonerangersilver
-
Scottsdale, AZ

DOOMSDAY PREPPERS on NatGeo

Edited by: Lonerangersilver on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:06am
Fri, Jul 1, 2011 - 4:09am
chinaussiedoll
-
Victoria
Australia

Thanks

Even though it was a bit sensationalist I learned a lot from watching what these families were doing and the comments of the "experts". Not sure I fancy fish every night for the rest of my life though!

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 - 6:45am
Eternal Student

The actual link on youtube

The above indirect link appears to have been taken down.

Here's the youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMPepJpadbo&feature=feedf

Mon, Jul 4, 2011 - 1:38am
solidpractice

YouTube Preppers Featured

At least two of the preppers featured, David and Scott, have terrific YouTube channels worth checking out if you're looking for inspiration and/or assistance with your preps.

https://www.youtube.com/user/southernprepper1

https://www.youtube.com/user/engineer775

SoutherPrepper1 has a military background and long term experience prepping a rural homestead. Lots of ideas regarding security, food storage, and potential problems. Famous in the YouTube prepping community for starting the "scenario" videos, using fictional stories from life 'after the collapse' as a teaching aid.

Engineer775 is the leader of a church and farmer with a rural homestead that he is continuously working to make more self-sufficient. Whereas SouthernPrepper1 is very focused on stockpiling sustenance, Engineer775 is more focused on being able to produce sustenance during the collapse. As his username suggests, he is quite handy with tools, and unique in the YouTube prepper community for his knowledge and experience with wood gasification.

Mon, Jul 4, 2011 - 1:54am (Reply to #4)
Strongsidejedi

thank you

Thank you to the preppers and congratulations to these guys for their outstanding effort.

Not only have they prepped well, but they are clearly decoupling from the derivative and commodity driven pricing structure.

The inflationary tendencies will passover these families because they have grown actual resources and actual capabilities.

Congratulations to them. It would take my family 5-10 years to match these guys.

Fri, Jul 8, 2011 - 10:27pm (Reply to #5)
Tripel_Play
-
GA

I enjoyed watching it.  I

I enjoyed watching it. I like how NatGeo has experts ready to analyze the preppers.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate  Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Doc and TF Partnership Advertisement

Recent Comments

APPs ...
by Mickey, 18 min 26 sec ago
by AKA AuAgforever AIJ, 25 min 7 sec ago
by canary, 27 min 6 sec ago
by Turd Ferguson, 36 min 16 sec ago
by Turd Ferguson, 45 min 21 sec ago