Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 - 10:08pm Anonymous
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

Welcome Ruffian

Glad you liked it. Right click. Select copy. Save on hard drive. Edit profile here in Turdistan. Select browse buton by your avatar. Select it off your hard drive and SAVE profile.

By the way (BTW), I am a female who used to work in construction and power plants. You are brave to race but can't go wrong by following your dream, even when the landscape belongs to men.

I had one horse as a kid (Appaloosa mare) that got hit by a car and shot by a highway patrolman. I love horses. Good to know you!

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 - 8:17am Anonymous
ClinkinKY

Very nice bloodlines

Ah, Rock Hard Ten, a very nice animal. Of course, it's not surprising with Mr. Prospector in the "family tree". Whatever you decide to do with your horse (I'll just call him Rock Hard Prospector for now:), whether it be sell him or race him, I wish you success. Maybe I'll see you getting your picture taken in the winners circle someday at Keeneland , the greatest track in the country (at least before they put in the polytrack surface) or Churchill, the second greatest track:) Good luck!!

"The more you complain, the longer God lets you live".
Fri, Jul 1, 2011 - 11:46pm
thecoloredsky
-
NC

Hey Ruffian

I understand where you are coming from. I can't remember originally where I found the link to zerohedge, but once I started visiting on a regular basis I started to pickup a few things here and there. After some time I saw Turd Ferguson's posts and followed him to his blog and now here.

We are all gold and silver bugs for the most part. A lot of us are taking our investments like cash and 401K retirement accounts and moving them into precious metals. I'm not sure if you saw the Matrix with Keannu Reaves, he had a choice by accepting the truth (the red pill) or going back to his normal life (the blue pill). He chose the red pill and it opened his eyes on what was really going on. This is the concept from which we speak about in regards to Central Planning, TBTF (too big too fail), EE (Evil Empire, (TPTB) the powers that be, and all the other acronyms we use both here and on zerohedge.

What helped me a lot was https://www.investopedia.com -- it's almost like an economic dictionary. If you read something and don't understand a term, just search for it on that site.

Fiat money (paper dollars that cannot be cashed into gold/silver) has a finite lifespan. No civilization in the history of the world has had money last that its not convertible into something tangible of value, whether it's gold, silver, real estate, corn... nothing. The US was taken off the gold standard in the 70's and here we are, still using dollars that aren't backed by anything. They are backed by the "full faith and credit of the United States." Well what happens when no one has that faith anymore? What happens when we keep printing more and more? This is what drives us to protect our wealth.

TYM above mentioned to check out "Debt is Money" videos. They are excellent! Takes a while to get through the video and it's well worth it. Another excellent video is:

The American Dream Film Part 1 HD

Point is, everyone here are in the same boat. Just trying to make an honest living and protect ourselves from things that are out of our control for the most part. For you to even be here speaks volumes and if you haven't figured it out, there are LOTS of people willing to help answer questions. Cheers!

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 1:16am
Vernon Wormer
-
Sacramento, CA

Ruffian

I have a business degree and have been reading ZH for over a year now. I cannot understand what they write about most of the time. I simply take one article a day that looks interesting and read it several times. I am such a hump, I take notes and look up all of the terms I do not understand. As of today, I guess that I have over 200 pages of notes on things I didn't understand. Reading ZH is sometimes harder than working.

As far as your education goes, I am a high school math teacher and I can tell you that any teacher that treats a student like what you described is no teacher. I do not want to embarrass you but I have to say that your typos and poor grammar seem to disappear when you write about horses so you actually do have intelligence and passion. Did you ever think that high school was a bunch of nonsense? I'll let you in on a secret. It is. Public education is a toilet run by bureaucrats who care very little about education.

This site is quite honestly the best site to learn from. I have learned more here than I ever did in school. Keep reading and never pretend you understand something you don't. Turd and the other posters will lead you down the right path. Whether it's gold, silver, or canned bacon, your questions will be answered. Keep the faith and don't let the bastards get you down.

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 3:57am Seacap81
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 4:05am BlackHawk
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 4:17am ClinkinKY
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 4:26am thecoloredsky
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 5:10am Vernon Wormer
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 5:47am Anonymous
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 7:57am Anonymous
ClinkinKY

Who am I rooting for?

Ruffian wrote:
ClinkinKY wrote:

Ah, Rock Hard Ten, a very nice animal. Of course, it's not surprising with Mr. Prospector in the "family tree". Whatever you decide to do with your horse (I'll just call him Rock Hard Prospector for now:), whether it be sell him or race him, I wish you success. Maybe I'll see you getting your picture taken in the winners circle someday at Keeneland , the greatest track in the country (at least before they put in the polytrack surface) or Churchill, the second greatest track:) Good luck!!

Thank you for the good wishes.

If I make it there. You're are certainly welcome to jump in the photo.

Hopefully, if I do well enough. I will be able to get in with Smart Strike next year.

I love Keeneland that's why I stay there.

Can I ask you the name of your 2-year old (so I know who to be screaming for on the first Saturday in May, 2012:)? Also, regarding your comment about Smart Strike: are you saying that you have a mare that you would like to breed to Smart Strike?
Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 8:06am
Kid Salami
-
UK

Hey Ruffian - very glad you

Hey Ruffian - very glad you are finding some helpful tips. The earlier poster is right, just keep going and eventually stuff that is confusing just starts becoming clearer, although the bad news is your confusion list doesn't disappear, it is just updated with other and more advanced issues......this is good though.

To be clear, half the stuff on the zerohedge articles goes over my head too - I, for example, still haven't found a good article explaining "open interest" at the Comex. And I've been reading in this area for about 2.5 years now! So there is nothing to worry about when you don't understand.

Dan Hannan is good, sort of the UK version of Ron Paul, except much younger (yet balder?). As is Nigel Farage (look at some of his vids on youtube telling the Euro parliament they are frauds - v funny) - don't bother looking for any other good UK MPs. If that is the kind of tone you are looking for at the moment, I think Peter Schiff might also be right up your alley.

https://www.schiffradio.com/

This is long but, trust me, it's worth it - and I think the only entry in the genre of "improvisational economics-related stand-up comedy".

Why the Meltdown Should Have Surprised No One | Peter Schiff

(or as downloadable mp3)

https://mises.org/resources/4004

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 8:17am
Kid Salami
-
UK

"A lot of times I feel sorry

"A lot of times I feel sorry for myself. It is so easy to do and then I go in my kitchen and watch water filling up a shiny clean pan and think how lucky I am."

By the way - its so strange you say this, it is this EXACT situation that makes me think the exact same thing!

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 - 10:58pm Anonymous
Jasper Puddlemaker
-
OR

Ruffian wrote: My mind

Ruffian wrote:

My mind doesn't work like most people.

That probably describes most everybody here :)

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 - 7:58pm ClinkinKY
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 - 7:59pm Jasper Puddlemaker
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Mon, Jul 4, 2011 - 2:46am Kid Salami
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Mon, Jul 4, 2011 - 6:51am Anonymous
ClinkinKY

Ruffian's 2-year-old

When you say "dropping him in" you're not talking about dropping him in for a tag are you? I would imagine that you're probably not and that his next race will be a maiden special. Correct?