CNBS this morning - WOW!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, Jun 28, 2011 - 8:56am
ohiometalman
-
prepareville, OH

CNBS this morning - WOW!

I had to say something about this, was just flipping channels and on squack they had a round table with the usual tools, anyway they are all talking about the Greek problems and how the US needs to be the leader and go tell these Greeks to get their house in order and one guy jumps up and starts talking about "what, are you kidding me, the US is just as bad or worse then all of the PIIGS", then they all start talking about states being broke, the US is broke, the financial systems are ready to blow, SS age needs to move to 70 or 75, the Bernanke will continue to inflate the dollar and give free money to the banks.....

My mouth was hanging wide open! I was thinking, wow we must be getting real close to the end game for this kind of talk to be had from the media! I have never heard such reality coming from a show like this one. Anyone else see this?

Edited by: ohiometalman on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:06am
Tue, Jun 28, 2011 - 9:05am
Eric Original

Rick Santulli

I caught just a little bit of that. I got the impression that Santulli was the one that started it, as usual. Somebody better give that guy a talkin' to!

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.
Tue, Jun 28, 2011 - 9:53am
¤
-
Black Hole Sun
XX

U.S. State's Verge of Insolvency?

I just read somewhere (ZH probably) that New Jersey is borrowing a lot ($2 billion) of money to keep things going and paying a high interest rate to do so. It's only a matter of time before the states dire financial situations and financial obligations become too large and widespread to ignore or wish away on MSM.

The debt obligation of some U.S. States are just as large or larger then Greece's all by themselves I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

That Meredith Whitney that everyone has been hammering on (because she predicted that State and Municipal bonds were going to crash due to the States being broke and having to default on their obligations) will prove to be correct in her prediction except just a year or so early as TPTB have been stalling the inevitable longer then anticipated with their fiscal budget tricks.

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and rationale... https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 - 9:55am
Eric Original

New Jersey? No Way

I thought New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was CNBC's golden boy who could do no wrong. Say it aint' so!

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.
Tue, Jun 28, 2011 - 10:01am (Reply to #2)
Gil
-
Four Corners

That Santelli guy is such a

That Santelli guy is such a troublemaker. He should get in line with the rest of the shills or be shown the exit door like Dylan Ratigan.

Wed, Jun 29, 2011 - 1:21am (Reply to #2)
TheGoodDoctor
-
WI

@Eric Original You know the

@Eric Original You know the end is near when Santelli's head explodes on live TV. LOL.

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness