Mining Shares and Corona Shutdowns

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sat, Oct 10, 2020 - 9:47am
Green_Lantern

New member. Apologies if this has come up before. Was just wondering, I hear much about the potential wonders of leveraging the mining shares to get more bang for my buck. Isn't there also an increased risk that in the new age of corona mines could be forced to close operations for extended periods decimating their earnings?

Mon, Oct 12, 2020 - 5:27am
7-seasons.com

No. Corona is over. Turd mentions frequently that the current price of gold vs previous will make earnings great during this season. I think the main risk is if gold and everything goes down with the market in the "BIG ONE," like it did in March, and in 2008. Our solace is that gold goes down less than the market, and would go up faster after the crash.
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 - 7:59am
Green_Lantern

Thanks for the feedback. Wish I could share your optimism that "Corona is over". I think "they" are going to milk it for a long time to come. If only because they can't admit that they screwed up the response big time.

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 - 10:26am
SiropGud

Green_Lantern wrote:

Green_Lantern wrote:

New member. Apologies if this has come up before. Was just wondering, I hear much about the potential wonders of leveraging the mining shares to get more bang for my buck. Isn't there also an increased risk that in the new age of corona mines could be forced to close operations for extended periods decimating their earnings?

The Coronavirus 2019, global pandemic has not only caused infections and deaths, but it has also wreaked havoc with the global economy on a scale not seen since at least the Great Depression. Covid-19 has the potential to destroy individual livelihoods, businesses, industries and entire economies. The mining sector is not immune to these impacts, and the crisis has the potential to have severe consequences in the short, medium and long-term for the industry. Understanding these impacts, and analysing their significance for the industry, and the role it plays in wider economic development is a crucial task for academic research.
Sat, Oct 17, 2020 - 2:57pm SiropGud
Green_Lantern

SiropGud wrote:

I have to agree with you. That's why I wrote the post originally. Investing in the mining shares seems fraught with risk. It could go well but it seems there is a potential to lose a great deal if things go the wrong way. In the case of actual gold or silver the risk vector is 180 degrees reversed. In nearly any scenario one would be positioned to do exceptionally well. Thus my conclusion was and is, be sure you can afford to lose whatever you put into the miners.

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 - 3:05am SiropGud
SiropGud

The Coronavirus 2019, the

The Coronavirus 2019, the global pandemic has not only caused infections and deaths, but it has also wreaked havoc with the global economy on a scale not seen since at least the Great Depression. Covid-19 has the potential to destroy individual livelihoods, businesses, industries, and entire economies. The mining sector, trade stocks are not immune to these impacts, and the crisis has the potential to have severe consequences in the short, medium, and long-term for the industry. Understanding these impacts, and analyzing their significance for the industry, and the role it plays in wider economic development is a crucial task for academic research.

Contribute

Donate Shop

Forum Discussion