Cyber Monday, Part II
And this one really does deal with electronic retailing. We had hoped and tried to bring the "TurdMart" online today. Just didn't quite make it. Soon, it will be live, however, with an assortment of TFMR merchandise. In the meantime, I've decided to offer you a deal.
Over the past six months or so, I've gotten quite a few requests for "turd hats". Every time there's a contest, I get emails from folks wanting to know if they could simply buy one. Frankly, this cracks me up but...if there's actual demand...
So, here you go. The site could use some additional funding and it could also use some additional promotion. I'm uncomfortable simply coming to you with hat-in-hand again (no pun intended), so I'll make you a deal. From now until midnight EST on the 30th, I'll be accepting donations. Anyone who "feeds the turd" to the tune of $50 or more will receive their very own, 100% authentic, Turd-autographed, genuine, real deal, oversized yellow cowboy hat. Here's how it works:
1) Make a donation of at least $50 through DONATE button on the right side of the page. (Remember, The Turd is NOT a 501(c)3 so your donation is NOT tax-deductible.)
2) Enter your shipping address on the paypal form or email it to me.
3) Give me a couple of weeks to order the hats, sign them all, box them up and take them to a post office.
4) You receive an extremely valuable piece of yellow foam right before Christmas.
5) You become the envy of friends and family at all your holiday celebrations.
I honestly have no idea whether I'll be shipping 5 hats or 500. This could be fun or it might be the dumbest thing I've ever thought of. I might raise a little money but I also might get a little sick of running to the post office day and night. Oh well, the offer is out there. Do with it what you may. You have 41 hours.
p.s. But wait, there's more! If you order now, we'll throw in a set of Ginsu Knives and a free "Clapper". No, not really. I'm just joking about that part. No knives and no clapper. Just a hat...if you want one.