Welcome to the updated TF Metals Report! We hope you enjoy the new experience.

We've changed payment processors, so any existing renewals will need to be re-subscribed after expiration. You will receive an email when this happens. If you have any questions, send a message through the Contact page.

Weekly Charts

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 - 11:49pm

Presented without further comment. Turd tired. Turd need break. Regardless, Turd can't wait for Sunday 6:00.

paper_7-29pigw.jpgpaper_7-29pig.jpg

paper_7-29gold2.jpgpaper_7-29gold1.jpg

paper_7-29silv.jpgpaper_7-29cop.jpg

paper_7-29crude.jpgpaper_7-29corn.jpg

paper_7-29bond1.jpgpaper_7-29bond2.jpg

¤ · Jul 30, 2011 - 11:19pm

This little guy is worried about where to hide his gold...maybe

Full screen, crank it.

Tool - Sober [hq - fullscreen]
Dr G Shill · Jul 30, 2011 - 11:21pm

Thanks for the Judge Judy vid. Now you've got me all angry on my day off. :)

But seriously, can you imagine living out that encounter every day that you go to work. I can, because I do. I pay taxes. A lot of taxes. Those taxes pay for "free" healthcare for many people that have no desire to do anything for themselves. For them healthcare is a right. And it must be free. So I pay for that. You also pay for that.

On the other side I administer the healthcare to my patients AND get paid pennies on the dollar for that care. The government is the worst payer. Often I do work and after the work is done the claim gets denied and I get no money. Never mind that I paid for their entitlements in the first place. Also never mind that I'm a sole proprietor so I get to pay employment taxes twice (once as the employee and the other as the employer).

It's all a sham and I'm tired of carrying these idiot Americans on my back. I'm sure you are tired too.

So here we are, our government has wasted all of the money I've given them, so they are probably going to decide that the problem is that I'm not giving them enough money. I cannot stand those bleeding heart liberals who bitch and moan about the rich not paying taxes. Let's have the 51% of citizens that pay NOTHING contribute to our system in some way.

As you already stated, I'm near the breaking point.

Dr G Shill · Jul 30, 2011 - 11:26pm

Regarding the vote tomorrow @ 1pm, damn them. Any chance in hell of this legislation passing!? We will have fireworks upon metals opening one way or the other.

If the markets react positively to this and the metals go DOWN, then people are crazier than I thought. At this point who cares what gets passed. This theater has proven that our elected officials can't get $hit done and enjoy waiting to the last minute. Now if that doesn't say "safe-haven" what does? no

Eric Original · Jul 30, 2011 - 11:27pm

Novel way of projecting a price target. Don't think I've seen it done that way before. And it seems as good as any.

Also an interesting way of looking at the trends in the general feeling of well being in the country. No wonder there's the phrase "Party like it's 1999!" Look at average incomes. 7,796 ounces! Yeah!

But since then there's been some major slippage. No one would deny something serious has gone off the rails in the country. And sure enough, it shows up in our silver based incomes as well.

Jim G Believes Eric Original · Jul 30, 2011 - 11:29pm

Eric - Read a post a few weeks ago about you mentioning ham and bought some cans at $4.29 ea. since I had only two cans in prep supply. High but got them while the getting is good. If the US defaults next week shortly thereafter canned anything may for a while be hard to come by. Best to top off everything you've been putting off this weekend just to be safe. Things could ( it's possible ) go down hill quickly next week but it takes time for sheeple ( no disrespect but true - I was one 2 3/4 years back ) to awaken.

I have my cans of bacon just waiting LOL

¤ · Jul 30, 2011 - 11:30pm
Video unavailable
NW VIEW · Jul 30, 2011 - 11:41pm

Around the feast of Rosh HaShanah in the year 2015, four men (strangers) have crawled into a cave on the mountain side of Mt. Rainier. Dirty, tired and hungry but they have a nice warm campfire. Things are quiet until Joe speaks up and says " I do not know what happened but I thought I was prepared for anything. I stored up 10,000 silver rounds and 500 gold eagles. We lived in Southern California and when the people started getting hungry, they looted everything and destroyed my home. I was afraid to take my coins and try to get out of town because I would be killed for the metals. I just escaped with my life and here I sit." Well Ted said "I listens to experts who said to store food, water, guns, amo, and generators. Well that worked for awhile. I ran out of gas and food in time. Of course, when the war broke out in Israel and Iran invaded, the oil flow and the prices were out of our control. We had our guns and in the beginning we said that anyone who came near our gate would be shot on site but then hungry children started filtering our way. I could not shoot them so we fed them until we ran out." Paul jumped in and said," well I listened to T.F. and also stockpiled plenty. I was able to barter for quite some time. Trouble started at first when the neighbors saw us eating canned bacon in the backyard and when they found out we had silver. I really liked bartering with metal but when the big food shortages started, the people quit trading their food. I heard that there was fish in the rivers and elk running through the woods up near the mountain and I got out of New York". Paul finally said," well, I had almost the same paths as you three. When the earthquakes, famine and floods came, I had my metals hidden near my home but they were washed away. I grabbed what I could and headed north. I ran into an old man in a cabin along the way and we talked for a few days. He helped me to see that in time, I would lose all external things and the only thing left will be that which was internal and eternal."

treefrog Jim G Believes · Jul 30, 2011 - 11:48pm

i'm not worried about ham. there are pig farmers around here and the woods are full of feral pigs. i know how to hunt. i have ammo in quantity. i know how to cure meat. i have salt in quantity, and saltpetre. sugar cured? i have sugar in quantity and a stand of sugar cane.

honey ham? i have honey in quantity and my neighbor keeps bees.

italian sausage? i have fennel and garlic in quantity and can grow more.

bacon? eeeee - zeeee!

ginger · Jul 30, 2011 - 11:57pm

Dr G, You are a perfect example of what too much overreaching oppressive government has done/is doing to the hard working law abiding citizens who trained hard, work hard, and are left at the end of it all watching everything they've accomplished be slowly siphoned away from them. Your posts really do break my heart because I KNEW it would be like this for doctors when the healthcare legislation was passed but I'm sure the legislation has just speeded up what was already in progress.

The Judge Judy video has almost become a cliche of what entitlement America looks like. Notice how he laughs and just does.not.get.it. ...You can just see the frustration and bewilderment in J.Judy's face. She seems to want to come out of that chair she is so frustrated. There must be some way to get through to entitlement-dependant Americans. They are just ignorant of the facts. But ignorance is not incurable. There must be a way to educate and get through to people. ....People who are hooked on all these entitlements are literally going to be destroyed when the government lifeline is removed. That is heartbreaking also because I would surely rather they wake up and see what is truly going on.. ..They aren't being given anything. They don't see just how much the government is taking from them. They live in a world where they can absolutely have no self respect, no self worth, no sense of right and wrong, and soon the checks for tuition, rent, food, healthcare, etc. will be gone and then how on earth will they make it? ....They won't in many cases. That's so completely sad. They can't see that the government will not be there to keep them up when push comes to shove. ....And neither will you be.

Very frustrating video. ......And you'd think he could afford some Kleenex with all the rent money he saved. :D ....sorry.. ...lol. ...

¤ · Jul 31, 2011 - 12:05am
Video unavailable
¤ · Jul 31, 2011 - 12:07am
Video unavailable
¤ · Jul 31, 2011 - 12:08am
Video unavailable
I Am The Unknown Comic · Jul 31, 2011 - 12:43am

Folks, I have been pretty vocal about how I feel about Blythe. I believe I have offended some people here, based on their posts. So, I want to make an apology NOT TO BLYTHE, but to the readers here on this site who may have been offended by my words, and off-color humor (just take a look at my previous posts and you'll see what I mean).

I want to apologize if I have offended your sensibilities, and I also want to explain myself.

You see, I believe that each of us has a moral component to every job that we do, and every thing we do every second of our lives. Wall Street does not share this view. I have a major moral beef with Blythe because she reminds (just, simply "reminds" that's all) me of the Nazi guards in the concentration camps who claimed they were "just doing what they were told." These amoral, horrible monsters believed in their own minds that they were going to work every day and doing the best job they could. They obviously did not once think of the morality of their careers.

Same for Blythe.

She is evil, and she does evil every day, no matter how much she or anybody else tries to justify her deeds.

I give her and her apologists no quarter, no slack, no pity, no compassion.

As an aside, I am posting this on a weekend on purpose. If it were a trading day, then I wouldn't. Weekends are more open to posts like this, and I hope that is ok by others in this forum.

Good luck to you only if you are doing good deeds in this world.

P.S. my name is definitely not Jesus, and I am certainly no Saint, and never claimed to be. On the other hand, I also do not get up every morning and go to work to commit crimes, fraud, and figure out how to cheat and hurt the rest of world.

nathan1234 · Jul 31, 2011 - 1:02am

I wont be surprised to see Obummer declare martial law.

What we are seeing IMHO is an orchestrated event. Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin, the coin being controlled by Wall Street and their ilk.

One must take precautions in the event it does take place. Obummer was never meant for reelection too IMHO. Just a black face put there to take the flack which was so evidently coming.

We are all playing to a scenario decided a long time ago.

I Am The Unknown Comic nathan1234 · Jul 31, 2011 - 1:09am

nathan1234, I have to commend you on clearly stating what many of us are thinking but are too chicken sh*t to actually say in public or on a website.

Of the items you discuss above, I am most concerned about Owebummer declaring martial law. He has steadily and consistently consolidated power into the Executive Branch, underneath himself. Meanwhile, our Judiciary seems to be out to lunch, and CONgress is too distracted fighting red and blue (coke vs pepsi) wars to mind the store.

It is like the front door is open, the door to the safe is wide open, the judge is asleep, the sheriff is out rescuing a cat from a tree, and Owebummer has the whole place to himself while nobody is looking...to which I have to question: is this on purpose?

I Am The Unknown Comic · Jul 31, 2011 - 1:44am

I want to post this to Ginger and LaMachina, and others concerned. Maybe treefrog could be of help on this too, even though he is unlikely to be eating out of a can - maybe he can help people learn how to "stretch" their rations with what is available from the land.

So, I have an idea I wanted to bounce off of you all. I have been reading a lot of posts about food to eat in the times ahead. There has been a lot of talk about canned ham, for example.

The military has MRE's (Meals, Ready to Eat). The outside of the package gives a description of what's in there and it all sounds pretty good. Then, you actually open it up and shall I just say that sometimes the tasting experience does not match with what you had in your head to expect out of it when you first read the label on that package!

So, a lot of troops will share secrets on how to make stuff taste best, as well as what to add here and there to break up the monotony. Just imagine eating canned ham for two weeks in a row and you realize it sure would be nice to have some ideas on what else you might be able to do with it.

Now, I am no chef - not by any means. I can BBQ and grill out pretty good but that's about it.

So, I wanted to ask if either of you would be so kind as to start a new forum here. It should be for sharing these tips. Contributors should have actually opened up a ration pack (of whatever it is) and eaten it, and then could give feedback and advice.

Just my thoughts. I think it would be a good idea.

I suppose though, that if a person gets hungry enough they'll eat just about anything, Kids can be a different story though, so maybe that could be a special section.

Just thinking out loud....

nathan1234 I Am The Unknown Comic · Jul 31, 2011 - 1:49am

Like i said Owebummer is just a puppet for public display . Does anyone honestly think this man could ever have become Prez on his own? All his past records have been hidden.

Yes IMHO all this is towards a goal/target instituted many years ago.

The decay in the system, in morals, ethics etc is so evident.

NOT ONE person responsible for the financial crisis has ever been brought to book.

The actions of the Fed & Treasury should have resulted in action against Ben & Tim. Where is the House? Where is the Senate? All jokers in the pack whose souls have been bought .

I Am The Unknown Comic Shill · Jul 31, 2011 - 2:09am

@shill,

Thank you SO much for posting the Ron and Rand Paul video clip. I went out to dinner with the Missus tonight and totally missed this. I would not have caught it if you had not posted it.

Please keep doing this. Hat tips to you!

Thanks

LaMachinna · Jul 31, 2011 - 8:12am

no sale on walgreens hams in today's ad. Oh, the tragedy of it all...

ewc58 · Jul 31, 2011 - 8:15am

But boy, talk about things heating up, check out the latest update from dutchsinse. Western Turds, heads up. For the past few weeks it appears that ancient volcanoes in CA and NV have begun early stages of activity, including venting of steam. This is completely unexpected and highly unusual to say the least. He's been following activity this activity for the past week or so, see the other recent vids for more background.

This guy's really good, has one of the largest followings on yt. Don't wait for the USGS to share anything you need to know about these and other geophysical developments in your area.

ewc58 · Jul 31, 2011 - 9:08am

last Tuesday. Really interesting. Among other things, dutch sees a possible 8.0 in CA w/in 1 to 2 months. Puts it down to the increasing seismic and vulcan activity all around the Ring of Fire. Lots of stuff you won't hear from corpgov or msm. Has interesting insights into how Google and youtube are being used. Exploited more like it.

These aren't the most pleasant topics but the uptick in seismicity is reality. Corpgov isn't even testing for deadly Fukushima isotopes in the air, water, or fish- - ya think they're going to share the stuff going on under our own feet? Sheeple, just keep shopping, nothing to see here...

This interview informational, doesn't come across as fear mongering.

FogHorn LegHorn · Jul 31, 2011 - 9:51am

There is so much to read and learn. Understanding the present, some times requires a look into the past. https://www.businessinsider.com/author/jesses-cafe-americain Jesse is one of the most respected and truthful analyists in the blogosphere. Hat tip to You Jesse! Jesse writes so well, TFMers, please read some of the collection of fine works Jesse has contributed to Businessinsider. Cheers Not shears!

Velocity · Jul 31, 2011 - 10:03am

So everyone's scared of the US Govts suicidal spending and crippling mountains of debt, scared it'll become even more of a Police State than it is now, disturbed by how many illegal murderous wars it's got going on across the globe, paranoid they'll come for your PM's ...what to do, what to do??

Have any of you considered for a micro-second YOU are funding it???

YOU pay taxes don't you?

Yes Sireeee YOU are sponsoring Govt, YOU are fueling Govt, YOU are paying the wages of all the creeps, crones and crooks (like Central Bankers, Homeland Security, the Military-Industrial Complex, Social Security, the EPA and Fanny and Freddie) and keeping this Socialist-Fascist system going with YOUR very own money.

YOU even funded the 2008 Bank bailouts that kept bankrupt JP Morgan afloat and funded it to keep rigging the Silver market to this day... Yep, YOU

This entire edifice of crones, idiots, retards, parasites, monopolists and murderous sociopaths stays afloat for as long as YOU guys are dimwitted enough to keep paying for it. This institution of morons called Govt ends the day YOU stop pissing in the wind you'll get someone elected to change things and take hold of your own destiny and refuse to pay it another Cent of your hard earned ...YOU are responsible for everything the US Govt does while you sit on your sofas, moan like senile old women like you've got nothing to do with it when in fact YOU continue to fund, fuel and sponsor the Govt

STOP PAYING YOUR TAXES

'Game Over' when YOU get off your arse. Are YOU crystal clear?

Eric Original · Jul 31, 2011 - 10:11am

LOL!!

No sale by me (Wisconsin) this week either (though I'm already stocked up yes)

No idea if the sales vary by state or region, or if it's the same nationwide. Maybe we need to start our own secret spy ham tracking network!

murphy · Jul 31, 2011 - 10:46am

Sunday morning levity

And canned ham and bacon!

daveyboy · Jul 31, 2011 - 10:52am

To quote another poster here....

The obvious fallacy of “federal balanced budget” is that economy needs credit to grow and there are 2 ways of obtaining the necessary credit: 1.) thru private banking system and their ability to create money on their electronic keyboards and lend it at interest or 2) thru Federal government running budget deficits.

The reality is that running a budget surplus would increase interest rates, by forcing the economy into captivity to the banking system.
It is really a neo-feudal rent extraction scheme plaid by the City of London and Wall Street using the Tea Party fanatics and Austrian dupes.

So, my dear Americans, you have a clear choice: remain brainwashed, complacent and stupid and go deeper into debt peonage to City of London tories and their Wall Street boyz or wake up and demand return to Hamiltonian American Credit system.

ginger · Jul 31, 2011 - 10:54am

LaMachinna! ROFL! :D

That is so stinking sad ....that lil hammie. lol. ...No sale by me either so the hams here are in mourning too. They don't want to sit on the store shelf. ..They want to go home to a bunker somewhere.crying

Unknown Comic, Yours is a great forum topic idea. ....But Eric O is the one who needs to head that up. He has the largest stash of canned hams on the planet and thus has had the time to experiment with all sorts of ways to fix them up. ...I'm betting he's already had breakfast ham, lunch sandwich ham, and dinner entre ham experiments. ...Mrs. Eric O has probably taken to hiding bacon and ham away from him just to stop all the insanity at his house. It backfires on her though because he only steps up his orders when he can't find the goods. I'm thinking there is a can of ham under every throw pillow at his house. I'm thinking a hundred years from now it's going to be quite a scene at the EricO homestead as new home/land owners in the region are out minding their own business.. ..maybe planting a garden or digging up their properties and just imagine their confusion as they keep unearthing these darned canned Celebrity hams and canned bacon. What the heck??......it's going to be as big a mystery in years to come as the crop circles are now. .....The buried ham & bacon mysteries. ...And it's going to be widespread as EricO's influence in this has been far reaching. The science community will marvel. The food community will rejoice because the world will be awash in pig products at a time when food stuffs are scarce. (cheeky)

Seriously though.. yours is a great idea.. .....I learned to can this summer and am now going to be working on dehydrating and saving foods that way.. ..I am NObody's expert when it comes to preparing and making this saved food more enjoyable. I would love a forum like that.. ....just not sure I'm expert enough to start that up.. ...But many others here are.. ....Terri..?..Irene..? ..LaMachinna..? .......Eric O? :D

ginger · Jul 31, 2011 - 11:05am

murphy, that is too cute! .....(I loved that last 'awkward' comic on the page too).. ...lol.

GourmetDan · Jul 31, 2011 - 11:34am

Don't be mad at Blythe. She's going to hand us some cheap gold and mining stocks on Monday morning.

TIA Blythe. :-)