Sponsored by

Thursday Conversation - Keith Neumeyer

Be sure to listen to this free, public podcast.

Keith Neumeyer is president and CEO of First Majestic Silver as well as chairman of First Mining Gold. It has been nearly a year since we had an opportunity to get caught up and many great developments have taken place in the time since.

As discussed in this podcast, 2018 was an exciting year for First Majestic. They made some terrific acquisitions and have thus positioned themselves for outstanding growth...now we just need the price of Comex Digital Silver to cooperate! Their latest earnings release lays out the details and I encourage you to look it over: https://www.barchart.com/story/stocks/quotes/AG/news/724083/first-majest...

There are exciting things happening at First Mining Gold, too. I still hold all of the shares I bought back in 2016 and I'm excited to see how a renewed bull market in gold (2010+9) will impact the shares: https://www.barchart.com/story/stocks/quotes/FFMGF/news/620019/first-min...

Thanks again to Keith for carving out some time to visit with us. I'm confident that you'll enjoy listening to this podcast.

Mar 7, 2019 - 3:44pm

CDG $5 range continues

Someone's algo is in complete control of the Comex digital gold price.

Note how each move above $1290 is slammed backward and each dip below $1285 is rapidly bought. A $5 range for the entire week thus far....through data and Draghi and rallying bonds and LilKim....is quite remarkable and shows you once again just how easy it is to manipulate the price. In this case, it's a complete algo lockdown.

Mar 7, 2019 - 3:51pm

And keep in mind

Because the POSX was flat last week, you were told that the driver of the $50 smash in gold prices was the move up in interest rates...which itself was allegedly due to the slightly higher than expected Q4 GDP.

Well now this week, rates are all the way back down yet gold remains flat and down more than $50 from its Feb 20 peak.

So, why were the Comex metals smashed? If you don't know the answer, then you haven't been hanging around TFMR long enough. Price was smashed for the same reason it always is. The CoT had gotten overbought and The Banks wanted to wash out The Specs. Period. End of story.

Island Teal
Mar 7, 2019 - 3:55pm

first.....

now lets discuss those Jan 2020 calls

Mar 7, 2019 - 3:56pm
Doc1800
Mar 7, 2019 - 4:06pm

Dr. J probably has it right

Could slam the open on the miners, but i'm not thinking they get much traction into the weekend. The markets have changed so much the last 25 years so trading has become a little trickier

Mar 7, 2019 - 4:06pm

Mar 7, 2019 - 6:03pm

CGP on 60 Minutes

Segment will air on Sunday.

That ought to be interesting...

MrOnline
Mar 7, 2019 - 6:32pm

Keith interview

Excellent interview Craig. Keith is such a cool guy. Hope his hard work pay out well for him, and us small investors.

Marchas45
Mar 7, 2019 - 6:33pm

4th Again

I'm on a roll. Keep Stacking

Damn Finally, this has been a long wait for 4th and Turd has most of the comments

pabste
Mar 7, 2019 - 7:27pm
indiana rod
Mar 7, 2019 - 8:02pm

First Majestic

I owned First Majestic in February, 2011, when the share price was $27.00.

I still own it. I've been asked why I didn't sell it. For one thing I'm not smart enough to time the market. Another reason is I believed that when silver was $100 an ounce, A G would be a $100.00 stock.

In my lifetime, and I'm an old guy, I have never seen anything as undervalued as silver.

Should this thing ever break loose, and a lot of people think that will happen in the not too distant future; First Majestic will have that $100.00 price tag.

Blackwatersailor
Mar 7, 2019 - 8:21pm

Nork

Nork, Nork, Nork. Isn't that what the Swedish chef says on the Muppets? Anyway I'd like to remind everyone that the Norks are a cat's paw of China. Period. If China decided that nukes were a no no today. Tomorrow there would be a lot of newly painted giant radioactive Ice cream cones outside of grocery stores in N Korea. Over 60% of trade is across the chinese border. With the current trade restrictions on N Korea he's even more beholden to the Chinese. Mr. Kim would like to get out from under Chinese control but he's never ever going to get rid of all his nukes because of a western agreement.

Any testing now is pretty much just to annoy western interests. Notice that the bomb used was not bigger in yield/smaller in size. So scientific use was minimal. Just acting like a 4 year old on the world stage. No sugar = temper tantrum. If I was the Big D I'd get the world leaders to ignore the action or suggest better above ground locations like Pyongyang, Ryongrim, Pujion, or Yudam Ni. Then industrial centers, Ports and so on. If they blow up enough towns there won't be enough of them left to worry about.

scoremore
Mar 7, 2019 - 8:56pm
lakedweller2
Mar 7, 2019 - 9:24pm

@indiana rod

I agree on AG. I bought into AG before the run up and got mad at myself because I took a profit as it did 50% retracement. Gains were offset by oil losses. Bought back in and ended up with a 100% retracement which I didn't think happened to profitable stocks. Still sitting on 33% loss and only gained a higher basis. Sounds like something criminal going on with AG but no regulators.

indiana rod
Mar 7, 2019 - 9:44pm

lakedweller2

A while back I read that First Majestic had like 21% of their float was sold short. All of the silver stocks have a lot of shorts but First Majestic had the most.

This is really very bullish. We have a repeat of 2011 or 2016 there is going to be some big time panic buying in of their shorts.

Boggs
Mar 7, 2019 - 10:12pm

Words of wisdom

“But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
8 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish in the sea inform you.
9 Which of all these does not know
that the hand of the Lord has done this?
10 In his hand is the life of every creature
and the breath of all mankind.
11 Does not the ear test words
as the tongue tastes food?
12 Is not wisdom found among the aged?
Does not long life bring understanding?

Mar 7, 2019 - 10:27pm

Preliminary CDG OI for Thursday

UP over 23,000 contracts.

Why?

Was some massive 10,000 contract hedge put on?

or

Given the huge drop in rates, was all/most of the related Spec demand for longs instantly absorbed by Banks on the offer with new contracts.

You might also consider that preliminary CDS OI only rose by 800.

Mar 7, 2019 - 10:36pm
Boggs
Mar 7, 2019 - 10:48pm

A song I sing

Make it count, leave a mark, build a name for yourself Dream your dreams, chase your heart, above all else

Make a name the world remembers

But all an empty world can sell is empty dreams I got lost in the lie that it was up to me To make a name the world remembers

But Jesus is the only name to remember

And I, don't want to leave a legacy I don't care if they remember me

Only Jesus

And I, I've only got one life to live I'll let every second point to Him

Only Jesus

All the kingdoms built, all the trophies won

Will crumble into dust when it's said and done But all that really matters

Did I live the truth to the ones I love

Was my life the proof that there is only One Whose name will last forever.

Jesus is the only name to remember

I don't want to leave a legacy I don't care if they remember me

Only Jesus

kaiserwongze TF
Mar 8, 2019 - 12:25am

This oi

Actually, I bet you it was algo shorts trying to hit the bids given that the dollar had such a big day up

mgilbert
Mar 8, 2019 - 2:53am

Nice move in the metals

Hope it holds until cob tomorrow. Odd are ageanst it, but have to think positive. Dream about gold close tomorrow north of $1300. Goodnight all.
MrOnline
Mar 8, 2019 - 5:37am

First podcast

This is the first podcast I listened two times.

MrOnline
Mar 8, 2019 - 5:44am

Friday funny

Since I am a millennial and most of you are not.

A Millenial vs A Baby Boomer

And btw. the only way I will own a house is not in Monopoly, hopefully, but when silver goes to the moon. Hehe

Mar 8, 2019 - 8:37am

Watching CNBS

Every single bigtime seven-figure jagoff economist on the CNBS panel had the BLSBS coming in above 200,000 "jobs". Even Santelli was 239,000.

The actual number? 20,000. Yes, just 20,000.

Mickey
Mar 8, 2019 - 8:38am

buying stocks opportunity

thats what a guest on cnbc just said,

this economy sucks

another guest betting that this number is revised up

the bald guy liesman says its the weather with "solid" revisions to prior months--the total was only 12k between the 2 months.

its all bullshit.

nothing said about inventory building

I fu*&ing hate disingenious people and they are all positive optimistic on the CNBC panel.

ok, thats my 10 minutes of CNBC--net time I turn it on is the Fed meeting results.

jwmkratz1
Mar 8, 2019 - 8:44am

Death/Birth

Over 130,000.

canary
Mar 8, 2019 - 8:49am

Hi Mickey...

First time I see you swearing.

lakedweller2
Mar 8, 2019 - 8:50am

20000 Jobs

Must of been a negative #, so they just quit counting.

Mickey
Mar 8, 2019 - 8:53am

Craig

they are not economists-they are the marketing people for their firms. Think of CNBC as a telemarketing firm that's well past its peak. I used to have it on all day back around 2000, when Abby Jo Cohen used to say it was a buy the dip moment-every time she was on. young kids here probably do not know what went on then. If the market dropped for 2-3 days, and bounced back, Kernan would gloat that the correction was over. They made fun of David Tice. just look at the balance sheets of the big blue chips including Boeing, T etc. They are all underwater, no war chest going into what might be the biggest slowdown ever,

lakedweller2
Mar 8, 2019 - 8:59am

Cramer

Talkin...Global rout...

3/19 10:00 ET Factory Orders (Jan)
3/20 2:00 ET FOMC Fedlines
3/20 2:30 ET CGP presser
3/22 9:45 ET Markit PMIs
3/22 10:00 ET Wholesale Inventories (Jan)

3/11 8:30 ET Retail Sales (Jan)
3/11 10:00 ET Business Inventories (Dec)
3/12 8:30 ET CPI (Feb)
3/13 8:30 ET Durable Goods (Jan)
3/13 8:30 ET PPI (Feb)
3/14 8:30 ET Import Prices (Feb)
3/14 10:00 ET New Home Sales (Jan)
3/15 8:30 ET Empire State Manu Index
3/15 9:15 ET Cap. Util. & Ind. Prod.

3/5 9:45 ET Markit and ISM services PMIs
3/5 10:00 ET New home sales (Dec)
3/6 8:30 ET Trade Balance (Dec)
3/7 8:30 ET Productivity and Unit Labor Costs
3/8 8:30 ET Housing starts (Jan)