Sponsored by

2018 In Review With Jim Willie

Jim Willie recaps 2018 and looks ahead to 2019.

In his own inimitable fashion, our old pal The Golden Jackass stopped by today to share his thoughts on the year that was and the year that soon will be.

This podcast can be broken into two segments. In the first, Jim lists nine events or topics that dominated 2018. Some of these you'll know and some of these will no doubt be items you may have overlooked. In the second segment, Jim looks ahead to 2019 and gives you five, key themes to closely monitor.

Thanks again to Jim for his time today. I hope you enjoy this podcast and then have a safe, relaxing pre-holiday weekend.

garth
Dec 31, 2018 - 3:05pm

gold in other currencies

if not at poopco, where is the best place to see gold price charts in other currencies? (canadian dollar, yuan, yen,...)
SteveW Angry Chef
Dec 31, 2018 - 3:32pm

Vaccines

I'll wade in as well. They had great value in the day of Pasteur countering smallpox and even in the 1950's/60's combating polio. Since it became impossible, by law, to sue vaccine manufacturers it has become big business to make as many vaccines as can be foisted on the population. Some are worthwhile but mandatory vaccination is abhorrent.

If I lived in Southern California I would want to have been vaccinated against TB as the wave of immigrants are undoubtedly bringing it in and some strains are resistant to the usual antibiotic used to combat it. I'm old enough to remember the iron lungs and TB wards of yesteryear. So it's not black and white but a delicate shade of grey.

Boggs
Dec 31, 2018 - 5:14pm
LP billhilly
Dec 31, 2018 - 8:01pm

BillHilly

You have been my favorite commenter here. I will dearly miss your wisdom, perspective, level-headed demeanor and the Friday funnies.

I respect your decision and hope you will come back after some time away from the precious metals  "rat race."

Godspeed.

J Siefert
Jan 1, 2019 - 1:55am

Is it another Sign of Gold preparing to Rise...

...when the likes of Bill-hilly are capitulating?

Thomas More billhilly
Jan 1, 2019 - 5:21pm

Bill Hilly re:Pillsbury dough boy

enough of these half-baked ideas. (I love the story -and your sense of humour).

Stay the road. You said yourself that TFMR is great entertainment - as for the investment side of things we all know the markets are fake, the media is fake - no one pushed you into speculating - we are supposed to be stacking like your wood pile photos. When you have burnt the wood - you had better get out there and get some more.

I did not see in what you said - anything about TIME - as in wasting time following the markets or even the futility of posting on this site.  I criticize myself for wasting time, but how can you understand the markets or what will eventually be coming down upon us without studying the markets? And that's why I signed up here in the first place - because TURD is supposed to be sniffing around to chase out information our way so I can get away - yet come back and see what has been happening.

If you think you can escape Deep State - I think you are wrong. Know your enemy - cf Luke 16,9   then read the read verses 1 to 12.

The TFMR Silver Round

1/15 8:30 am ET Producer Price Index
1/15 8:30 am ET Empire State Mfg. Index
1/16 8:30 am ET Retail Sales
1/16 8:30 am ET Import Price Index
1/17 8:30 am ET Housing Starts
1/17 8:30 am ET Philly Fed
1/18 9:15 am ET Capacity Utilization and Ind. Prod.

1/7 10:00 ET ISM Services Index