Sponsored by

2018 In Review With Jim Willie

Jim Willie recaps 2018 and looks ahead to 2019.

In his own inimitable fashion, our old pal The Golden Jackass stopped by today to share his thoughts on the year that was and the year that soon will be.

This podcast can be broken into two segments. In the first, Jim lists nine events or topics that dominated 2018. Some of these you'll know and some of these will no doubt be items you may have overlooked. In the second segment, Jim looks ahead to 2019 and gives you five, key themes to closely monitor.

Thanks again to Jim for his time today. I hope you enjoy this podcast and then have a safe, relaxing pre-holiday weekend.

AgAuMan

Dec 28, 2018 - 1:39pm

A Bronze Willie

For me🤗

Hillsie
Dec 28, 2018 - 1:58pm

YAY

at last, the jackass returns......

silver10sguy
Dec 28, 2018 - 2:55pm

Great Jim Willie Interview/Thank You Turd

Wow! Fascinating and fast paced interview! It is obviously looking great for gold and silver folks! Toward the end Jim states all the Deep State profits and hoarded wealth is primarily in dollars. I wonder if President Trump will be able to confiscate all this money for America. I wonder if ALL these dollars will REALLY PUSH UP the price of gold, silver, and crypto currencies. Lastly, those following the work of Q like myself are very eager to see the arrests of the Deep State and trials by military tribunals in 2019. 2019 may be the most exciting period in our life!

Ronnie 666
Dec 28, 2018 - 3:35pm

Nice end to 2018

Thank you Turd for the interview.

Thomas More
Dec 28, 2018 - 5:14pm

trying to do the impossible

listening to Jim Willie and reading an article at the same time.

He mentioned Alasdair Macleod so I took a look and found this.

Since both are interesting - I will post this and then listen to Jim.

boomer sooner
Dec 28, 2018 - 6:08pm

Jim's vaccination story

(The original I found...)

Infanrix: For active immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis as a 5-dose series in infants and children 6 weeks to 7 years of age.
Proper Name: Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine Adsorbed
Tradename: INFANRIX
Manufacturer: GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals

Approved by the FDA

Research Group Report on Infanrix:

In Infanrix Hexa we found:

chemical contamination from the manufacturing process or cross-contamination with other manufacturing lines;
chemical toxins;
bacterial peptide toxins;
insoluble and indigestible macromolecule that reacts to the protein assay, but cannot be recognized by any protein databases.

We have not found:
Protein antigens of diphtheria toxoids, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B, haemophylus influenzae B, Poliomyelitis 1-2-3;
Formaldehyde and glutaraldehyde, phenoxyethanol, antibiotic residues indicated in the composition;

goldcom
Dec 28, 2018 - 6:44pm

Outlook is good, todays market for the miners sucked

Lets see S&P down .12% Dow down .33%

gold up .14% silver up .12% and the HUI down almost - 2% WTF?

It all makes perfect sense expressed in dollars and cents

Perfect Sense
Outback
Dec 28, 2018 - 6:45pm

More shit from the ASS

Sure would be nice if some of the Donkeys Bullshit was worth a Buck or TWO.

in the mean time I just flush all his bullshit down the sewer.

an old man past his prime.

Outback

imfd
Dec 28, 2018 - 6:52pm

Outback...

Just tell us what you think, don`t hold back mate :)

Mr. Fix
Dec 28, 2018 - 7:06pm
Golden Turtle
Dec 28, 2018 - 7:22pm
billhilly
Dec 28, 2018 - 8:05pm

Friday Farewell...

My subscription ends in a few days and I am opting not to renew it. I wanted to take this chance to say farewell to you all.

This community and site have been a very close companion over the past couple of years and it is not without sadness that I depart. I will deeply miss the comaraderie and insight that you all provide and wish you ALL the very best for the future.

The reasons for which I am leaving are varied and reflect not upon any one, or any particular aspect of the site, it is just simply time to move on. I have ventured too close to the fire and have gotten burned (out). I have invested too much of my vitality into these (corrupted) markets and I choose to no longer waste my energies.

The financial costs of having been dedicated to the PM space have been debilitating. The criminality of the bankers and regulators have cost me not only vital and sizeable monetary sums but have also had significant emotional costs. As with Craig, I feel deep resentment and anger/bitterness due to the constant manipulations that occur daily, and have continued for years. The tolls are now too great to continue traveling this road. For the benefit of my own health, and that of my spiritual community/aspirations (making the monastery dream come to be), I choose to make the changes necessary to lead a more productive and positive life. Turning away from the "markets" is the first, and best, way to move forward.

As I have stated previously, I have been following "Turd" from the beginning days at The Watchtower. Except for a space of time after the paywall came into being I have enjoyed the spirit and intelligence of this community on an almost daily basis. There will be an interesting withdrawl period coming but I have already started to wean myself gradually and I'm certain I'll survive. Of course I will miss you all deeply.

A final message to Craig...Your talents and insights are far too valuable to be hidden behind a paywall. It is my opinion that you should consider looking ahead to your next evolotion and find a more public way to share your wisdom. You now have your bona-fides and some good exposure due to Sprott and TFMR, so why not advance the cause by taking "the next step" (whatever that may be) ? The world needs you and other sound money advocates now more than ever.

Something else to consider (just an idea), why not make all your work, and even subscriber commentary, accessible to the general public ? If I am remembering correctly one of the main reasons for the paywall was to eliminate crappy comments from trolls etc... I'm sure there must be a way to keep comment privledges for only those who subscribe yet allow their collective wisdom, and yours, to benefit the broader public. This might even, possibly, lead to a greater subscriber base, and/or even wider exposure for you. Just a thought.

Finally, please do not think I am turning my back on YOU. I am simply turning my back on the PM/Financial world at large, for now. And while I enjoy your current enthusiasm and optimistic outlook for 2019, the question still becomes "What make you/us think it'll be different this year ?" What if this crap continues for 5 more years, 10 more years ? Yes, it'll have to end sometime but as history has shown us, "they" can keep this shit floating for a long damn time. I can simply no longer "hope" that this is the year it will change, and I choose to no longer endure the trauma. It is time to walk away and focus on that which brings joy rather than heartache.

My best wishes to you Craig for continuing success. You have created, nutured, and enabled an outstanding site, and community, here. It is with only deep gratitude and praise for you, and everyone, with which I depart.

As when anyone moves away from the "neighborhood", this does not mean they will never visit again or possibly even move back, but for now, as I ride away, I offer everyone here a hat-tip, and my Love.

billhilly

Pug Nuggets
Dec 28, 2018 - 8:48pm

BillHilly.

You added a degree of sense that I will miss. Come back soon, ya hear!

Libero
Dec 28, 2018 - 8:55pm

BillHilly

methinks you are leaving just before the party is starting. Best of luck to you though.

Maestro
Dec 28, 2018 - 9:10pm

Craig - Question......

TFMR Gold Close: $1280.76

Investing.com Close: $1283.30

?

Maestro billhilly
Dec 28, 2018 - 9:15pm

BillHilly

I have always enjoyed your thoughtful contributions and metal musings at the TFMR site. Best wishes.

...a fellow Canadian.

NW VIEW billhilly
Dec 28, 2018 - 9:41pm

billhilly, a proper send off, you will be missed:

So Long Farewell from The Sound of Music
Landowner
Dec 28, 2018 - 9:57pm

Credit card not accepted for renewal

Time to renew... ( I won't keep card number on file)

I enter name address and card info and hit add card on account page and it tells me postal code info isn't complete. It doesn't accept the credit card info..... so I can't provide a card on my account for billing....

The postal code I gave was correct..... (a Canadian Postal code though so maybe that's the glitch)

Let me know when it is good to go.......

Best wishes and be safe BillHilly......

canary
Dec 28, 2018 - 10:27pm

@Billhilly....

Buy some JNUG or USLV...and turn your computer off for two years (or longer).

Good luck to you.

lakedweller2
Dec 28, 2018 - 10:55pm

Billhilly

Thanks for your maturity and compassion. You will be missed.

Thor
Dec 28, 2018 - 11:30pm

Bill Hilly

An elegant departure statement.

Best wishes to you and hope you will return as well.

eastofwest
Dec 29, 2018 - 12:03am

Oh for crying out loud ...

Libero's best post ever ...

infometron
Dec 29, 2018 - 1:00am

Outback

JW has more insight in his left little pinky fingernail clipping than I’ve ever heard out of you... just sayin’

infometron
Dec 29, 2018 - 1:15am

billhilly

Nooooooooo...! But I understand...

You will be dearly missed, my friend!

Randy Travis - Happy Trails (With Roy Rogers)
boomer sooner
Dec 29, 2018 - 1:36am

Billhilly

Sad to see you go. Best wishes, be safe. The snow can get treacherous this time of year.

Chris Martensen with another good guest.

David Collum: Everything That Mattered In 2018

Add..

LCS update. People selling inheritance collections. Picked up a bag of Kennedy halves BU at a rediculous price (hot damn). Not much AU, mainly AG, mostly bars and constitutional coinage. He has standing orders for nearly everything he gets in and limits amount under the glass.

I dug through the melt bucket looking for 14, 18, 22, 24k for chains, bracelets and plain rings, only one worth picking up and light as air. Otherwise all junk and not much for this month. Me thinks the peeps have sold, tapped out. This is the lightest amount of scrap I have seen for monthly collection, ever

TF Metals fan
Dec 29, 2018 - 5:54am

@Billhilly

I just hope that the messages you are getting from this community may change your mind. Because you add flavor to this site which I will miss (and I know you already reduced your contributions). Please take the advice of Canary: buy a few JNUG and put them away. Just like the bullmarket in shares we believed never to end also these struggling metal prices will change one day.

The only positive linked to your (possible) departure might be that this is the ultimate capitulation we need to see this sector fly again.

I wish you well and I still hope to read another of your contributions somewhere in the future.

50yank
Dec 29, 2018 - 7:52am

Poor timing "Amigo"

Hillbilly - give it a few more months

Hillbilly - give it a few more months

you will be glad you did.

We will be strong out of the gate next year

jack3617
Dec 29, 2018 - 8:22am

Billhilly

Good luck & thanks for all your advice & good humor.

3/19 10:00 ET Factory Orders (Jan)
3/20 2:00 ET FOMC Fedlines
3/20 2:30 ET CGP presser
3/22 9:45 ET Markit PMIs
3/22 10:00 ET Wholesale Inventories (Jan)

3/11 8:30 ET Retail Sales (Jan)
3/11 10:00 ET Business Inventories (Dec)
3/12 8:30 ET CPI (Feb)
3/13 8:30 ET Durable Goods (Jan)
3/13 8:30 ET PPI (Feb)
3/14 8:30 ET Import Prices (Feb)
3/14 10:00 ET New Home Sales (Jan)
3/15 8:30 ET Empire State Manu Index
3/15 9:15 ET Cap. Util. & Ind. Prod.

3/5 9:45 ET Markit and ISM services PMIs
3/5 10:00 ET New home sales (Dec)
3/6 8:30 ET Trade Balance (Dec)
3/7 8:30 ET Productivity and Unit Labor Costs
3/8 8:30 ET Housing starts (Jan)