Sponsored by

Thursday Conversation - Brandon Smith

Words of wisdom and warning for 2019.

I've been an admirer of Brandon Smith since about the time we stared TFMR in 2010. And now finally, in 2018, we get a chance to visit.

This is mainly a discussion of three things:

1. How the world got into this position
  2. What is going on at present
  3. The road ahead

But perhaps most importantly, Brandon shares what we should all be doing in preparation for "The Reset", or whatever is coming in 2019 and beyond. And it's not all just the financial stuff that we discuss here at TFMR on a daily basis. It's personal preparation. Can your work sustain yourself and your family? How well do you know your neighbors? Is your community prepared for what's to come? These questions are just as important to answer so I was glad to hear Brandon discuss them today.

Please take the time to listen to this podcast. It's a free, public thread so you might consider passing the link along to friends and family, too. The year 2019 promises to be eventful and wildly unpredictable. The time for vigilance and preparation is now...before the next crisis...not during the event.

remup181
Dec 13, 2018 - 5:43pm

Wow excellent interview! Thanksyes

Dingo
Dec 13, 2018 - 8:10pm

Brandon Smith - always one of the best!

Great guest and interview.
Dingo
Dec 13, 2018 - 8:12pm

Brandon Smith - always one of the best!

Great guest and interview.
SquibLoad
Dec 13, 2018 - 9:11pm

Thanks Brandon & Turd!

Great listening content for the ride home tonight.

I love the idea of community, but everyone thinks I'm a prepper nut job doom gloom anti-social liberty seeking throw back. I expect that after Earth implodes I'll finally have some credibility, but they still wont understand why I was doing what I did.

There won't be any money, but when I die, on my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness.

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.😎

scoremore
Dec 13, 2018 - 11:37pm

Wow....

Lot's of stunned people wearing red tonight.

cashonly
Dec 14, 2018 - 7:12am

Canadian intervention?

For The First Time Ever, Bank Of Canada Buys Mortgage Bonds

No reset for Canadians just yet, eh?

Angry Chef
Dec 14, 2018 - 8:16am
Angry Chef
Dec 14, 2018 - 8:20am

Dec 14, 2018 - 8:36am
AgstAger
Dec 14, 2018 - 9:08am

Bold prediction...

Silver and particularly gold won't stay down today.  Not saying they'll close green or anything crazy like that, but it wouldn't shock me if they did.

If the uptick in the dollar is the only thing the manipulators are using for justification, that's an awful weak foundation for a sustained attack given everything else that's going on.  I think this effort turns out to be far less effective than it might presently appear - particularly for gold.

Dec 14, 2018 - 9:19am
TF Metals fan
Dec 14, 2018 - 9:57am

Sokoman

As was mentioned by Eric: Without further ado. $SIC Sokoman Iron Drills 5.10 m of 124.20 g/t Au Including 1.10 m of 550.30 g/t Au at Eastern Trend, Moosehead Project, NL #Gold #JuniorExploration #Mining

Stock is moving lower though. Probably gold should be flowing out of the ground before people are touching stocks again. What a mess.

Dec 14, 2018 - 10:22am
TF Metals fan
Dec 14, 2018 - 10:40am

Gata link?

Is reporting: Not Found The requested URL /node/18685 was not found on this server.

Edit: the twitterlink is working. No further action required.

cashonly
Dec 14, 2018 - 10:56am

Wow You got to read.....GATA link correction

click the link Turd provided, then in the navigation window remove the 's' in HTTPS, hit enter.

AGXIIK
Dec 14, 2018 - 11:14am

If you want to have some fun with truly large numbers

An article on zerohedge noted that Nov 2018 showed the largest one month federal deficit ever. Until the next largest arrives

November 2018 deficit  $209 billion 48%  larger than the same month in 2017

Outlays were up 18%   Income down 1%

Oct and Nov 2018 total deficit $305 B vs $202 B  last year. Kind of frisky increases there

Maybe it was tax cuts, maybe it was a trillion dollar stimulus to help the last trillion stimulus.

Maybe it was the decline in taxable income that caused major drops in  revenuesS

But who the heck cares.

The party continues, the band plays on, the treasury continues to print and we continue to spend.

Party like its 2019

november4 TF
Dec 14, 2018 - 12:37pm

gotta read this

My safari will not allow me access.  Can someone summarize?

The TFMR Silver Round

1/15 8:30 am ET Producer Price Index
1/15 8:30 am ET Empire State Mfg. Index
1/16 8:30 am ET Retail Sales
1/16 8:30 am ET Import Price Index
1/17 8:30 am ET Housing Starts
1/17 8:30 am ET Philly Fed
1/18 9:15 am ET Capacity Utilization and Ind. Prod.

1/7 10:00 ET ISM Services Index