Sponsored by

Thursday Conversation - Ned Naylor-Leyland

A discussion of gold, the LBMA and Brexit.

Our old pal, NN-L took his turn today in the Thursday Conversation hot seat.

It's always fun to get caught up with Ned. He's a tireless advocate of sound money and a great ally in our fight against the current system and The Banks.

For this particular discussion, I asked Ned to focus on four, primary areas of concern:

1. The ongoing Brexit dilemma
  2. The rising US$ and its impact on global markets
  3. The LBMA and the seemingly endless supply of UK gold
  4. His strategies for managing bullion and mining shares through this current period

Thanks again to Ned for so generously donating his time today. I think you'll find this podcast quite entertaining and informative.

landplanner · Nov 15, 2018 - 3:36pm

Welcome to the forum Ned.

Welcome to the forum Ned.  Good to hear the conversation!

OOOBuck · Nov 15, 2018 - 4:11pm

Addendum to David Morgan

Addendum to David Morgan including link to video

Market Has "Given Up" On Silver, So What’s Next?

Nov 15, 2018Guest(s): David Morgan The Morgan Report

The silver market has been “stagnating” and needs renewed investor interest before prices recover and the gold-silver ratio drops below 80, said David Morgan editor of The Morgan Report.
“What’s going on is stagnation in the market. There hasn’t been any fresh buying, there’s been a lot of stale longs that have given up on the silver story,” Morgan said.
On supply and demand fundamentals, Morgan noted that due to low silver prices, the mining level has subsided but above-ground stockpiles of silver have increased.

Seven · Nov 15, 2018 - 5:02pm

Greetings All...

Greetings All...

Thanks for your wisdom Ned... much food for thought and action.

I came across a CoT Report with a difference. I really like the way this guy explains it so I thought I'd share it here if that's OK

Marchas45 · Nov 15, 2018 - 5:17pm

4th Keep Stacking

4th Keep Stacking

Clarki Stomias · Nov 15, 2018 - 5:23pm

I freakin’ love that pic of

I freakin’ love that pic of Turd and Ned.

If and when we ever see a release of gold, I’d love to share such a celebratory brew with all of Turdville. Well have to hold a “Turdstock”.

Now to listen.

· Nov 15, 2018 - 7:16pm

Ned had said he didn't think

Ned had said he didn't think she'd make it a week....https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/7744103/brexit-latest-jacob-rees-mogg-boris-johnson-emergency-meeting/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

So now think about a possible complete failure of Brexit. This would no doubt rally the euro. Then think about the POSX. And finally consider how very little of this is priced into CDG.

AGXIIK · Nov 15, 2018 - 9:02pm

Here's what I don't get

Here's what I don't get   Queen Elizabeth and the UK royals have vested titles in just about every major company, bank and country in the world.  Serious as a heart attack, her sovereign shares, I think they are called the ten pence shares, have supra-unnatural voting rights.

Given that the royals have been at this for centuries, and just every royal family in Europe is related in one way or the other, even  the majority dumbed down DNA degenerates, I cannot figure out how the queen doesn't just wave her scepter and a ratty finger in the face of the useless bureaucrats in Brussels and tell them to get stuffed.

England generally gets it's way either by financial control through the City of London or a military might,  even though the bull dog's been neutered and clipped for decades

Or is it in the financial interest of this batty old swag bag to let the Euro and its 28 nations remain under Brussels control so long as she gets to wet her beak.

Or whatever other appendage she chooses to use.

I really don't want to think about that.

Speaking of bed bugs, the bald headed skunk Bezoid, after a year of acting the part of a shy coy little debutante he is,  looking for love in all right places, finally got Cuomo and DeBlasio to drop trou and let her have her way with them  I guess $3 billion doesn't buy what it used to   25,000 new jobs promised over 25 years. To the tune of $3,000,000,000, that's 1000 new high paying jobs for NY per year.  I wonder if that will make up for the 250,000 highly paid hedge fund and banker jobs that are being lost in Manhatten and NYC

.  Bezoid gets this boat load of sheckels to move half, not 100%, just half of the Amazing.con HQ to New York. I guess he only had to promise half because DeBlasio said he would only stick it in half way.

Virginia got the other half for one third the price of New York.  This con is nothing better or worse than the the couple who used the homeless dude to scam $400,000 from generous idgits on a GoFundMe account.  This might have worked if these two cucks didn't try to fleece the homeless dude out of his 1/3 share. They all go to jail

If I was Bezoid---perish the thought, I'd take the 3 billion, pocket it as earnings, hire 1,000 humans and buy 24,000 robots to hit the promised job numbers all the  while slamming these two dork pols with a  big old Jeff B high hat stiffie.  Heck, the algos have taken over Wall Street. Androids are running the trading desks. There's an AI reporter spewing the news and Boston Scientific profits skyrocket.

Heck, why even hire 1,000.  Lay off those poor schmucks and hire 1000 more robots to oil the wheels of the push carts in a fully automated factory.

The visuals of a huge bed bug going about its business, sucking the life out of the proles,  comes to mind.

Blackwatersailor · Nov 15, 2018 - 9:52pm

The Queen. Sigh.  Past her

The Queen. Sigh.  Past her due date by more than a few years.  Afraid to let go of the reigns.  Mental capacity not what it once was.  Hoping to skip a gen on that passing of the crown.  Just when Britain needs a strong Leadership figure from the Royals.  Solid setup for suffering by all.

Angry Chef · Nov 15, 2018 - 9:55pm

Broward County, FL — DS200

Broward County, FL — DS200 Voting Machine — Wireless Modem

Broward County, FL — DS200 Voting Machine — Wireless Modem

Really ?

· Nov 15, 2018 - 10:11pm

Oh my gosh! There are still a

Oh my gosh! There are still a full 631 people missing from the fire in Paradise, CA. How horrible!

cyclemadman · Nov 15, 2018 - 11:38pm

Yes, on the left coast we

Yes, on the left coast we have incompetence on display with the design of subdivisions which allow brush fires to burn the whole development down.

Meanwhile, we have on the farther left coast we have a situation where they can't even count.

Sad.

Dingo · Nov 15, 2018 - 11:51pm

John Adams: Can Physical

John Adams: Can Physical Silver Really Change Your Life?
canary · Nov 16, 2018 - 1:28am

Enjoy it...

Enjoy it...

🔴 Smart Money is Buying Gold and Silver Right Now
canary · Nov 16, 2018 - 1:33am

Sorry, but I don't know why

Sorry, but I don't know why the video I just posted from Youtube, is not playing

Thomas More TF · Nov 16, 2018 - 4:57am

I listened while eating my

I listened while eating my breakfast (wifey absent) and I didn't catch everything he said. So I may have to listen again - his voice volume and unexpected accelerations in speech made it difficult. I am more, much more, in your boat Craig, thinking that given a finite amount of gold mined we have to reach a critical point sometime. He did mention credit qualities showing signs that the end is nigh. But Black pools of gold, or something to that effect, I don't buy that idea. Beggaring Peter to pay Paul - yes. That the supposed gold that a bank is holding in my name is actually there and not leased out to some Chinaman who has taken delivery - all this is a matter of semantics.

I really wish you would put Rob Kirby on your list of invites - he knows the derivative market and until these so-called hedges don't work in the gold leasing world - we risk chasing our tail a while longer.

Star for your conversation.

Thomas

PS  I am adding this as a post scriptum because the comment box does not allow a second post with graphics - no header.

A different stock market showing a similar pattern to the SP. French CAC 40 - please note the island reversal has now been closed, if we drop below "the island" a new "impulse wave" has started.

cashonly · Nov 16, 2018 - 5:57am

Bart Chilton, interviewing

Bart Chilton, interviewing Peter Schiff about gold and silver? Then brings up the topic of JP silver manipulation?

AM I EATING CRAZY PILLS?

· Nov 16, 2018 - 8:28am
ned braden · Nov 16, 2018 - 8:29am

I also have been unable to

I also have been unable to play video on the new TFMR site...any tips ?

ned braden · Nov 16, 2018 - 9:25am

That's so strange. It appears

That's so strange. It appears and works perfectly fine for me.

Which browser are you using?

AgstAger · Nov 16, 2018 - 9:35am

Craig, I'd appreciate your

Craig, I'd appreciate your thoughts (and anyone else's for that matter) on whether you perceive that silver shorts are being squeezed to any degree at all yet and at what price point we should look for a real squeeze.  I know you've talked about the $14.90 stair step level in the past.  Is that still it?  A couple of days in a row closing above that level?  I'm sure you've discussed this in a podcast so I apologize in advance for my lack of retention.

Thanks.

AGXIIK · Nov 16, 2018 - 9:44am

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yes Canary, the video did play  No, cash only, you are not on crazy pills.

Bart "Surf Nazi" Chilton barking his bullshit on CNBC.  What a fucking whore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   He straight armed any credible investigation into gold and silver price rigging for 5 years, almost single handedly running cover for JPM, telling the multitudes that there is no manipulation while we see precious metals prices drop 50%.   My god almighty, this pluperfect son of a bitch has the temerity to say he was part of the investigation.

I really don't care much if some SOB POTUS says

"I did not have sex with that woman"  or

"We have to invade Iraq because it has weapons of mas destruction"  or

"You can keep your doctor and pay less for health insurance"

Presidents are nothing more than low pay mid level apparachik monkeys told when to lie, how to lie and then to lie again.

But this lying demented sock tucking son of a bitch needs to be taken out,  beaten within an inch of his life and then boiled in oil---twice---just to make sure he feels at least a tiny fraction of the pain stackers have felt for 8 years as their PM investments were rotofucked into the next millennium.

And if he survives,  he's hauled to the public square and we all get to shove live rabid hedge hogs up his ass every hour on the hour until precious metals are no longer manipulated.

Mickey · Nov 16, 2018 - 9:47am

AGIXX:

AGIXX:

this whole Bezos/Amazon thing was perfected 35 years ago with Japanese transplants who built greenfield plants in the SE, non union, with taxpayer money. Thats why the Detroit and rust belt legacy companies could not compete. And why GM and Chrysler needed bailouts (but Ford for some reason did not take the bailout).

I'd like to get some  of those deals .

Foxconn, a big supplier to Amazon, and Apple,  is getting 4 billion to build a plant right now in SE Wisconsin.

Mickey · Nov 16, 2018 - 9:54am

Another thought:

Another thought: this generation of so called leaders are really not so smart and have a streak of selfishness or corruptness. Tim Cook and the board of Apple--allowing massive buybacks eroding book net worth. Thats done for the exress benefit of to stock compensation folks. But one can say that about too many big companies. HD MMM Visa BA to name just 4 others with heavy weightign in the DOW. GE did that shit and now look at gE --the stewardship under Imelt sucked and he got huge comp. Nardelli got 500 million for 3 years at HD, including the severance pkg of 240 million --.They were teh superstars at GE and Nardelli fucked up HD so bad the old guard had to come back and fix it. These folks dont care about the sharehollders r public or country
AgstAger · Nov 16, 2018 - 10:01am

Yes, I think we need $14.90+

Yes, I think we need $14.90+ and even $15 before the Large Specs in silver feel the heat. All part of why $14.90 was so heavily-defended two weeks ago.

However, once above there, the target becomes $16.50 pretty quickly.

canary · Nov 16, 2018 - 10:22am

The video I posted last night

The video I posted last night from Youtube did not play then....but it's playing now.

Maybe I just have to go to sleep after posting....I use Microsoft edge.

Anyway....gold is up, and snowing outside the window...it's more important.

TF · Nov 16, 2018 - 10:31am

Looks like Eric made a

Looks like Eric made a positive impact on Novo this morning. It's up 25¢.

The TFMR Silver Round