Starting Fresh

Sat, Oct 20, 2018 - 12:06pm

The updated TFMR is up and running!

As you've no doubt noticed, the revamped TFMR is a complex beast. There are all sorts of updates and added capabilities and this will make the experience for all of us here even better.

The old site was built on a Drupal platform in 2011 and a lot has changed over the years as technology has surged forward. Think of trying to use your 2011 Blackberry to access all of 2018's apps and websites. Going forward, our new site will eliminate the issues we've had with Apple products. It was also end the frustrating cycle of forced logins/logouts. It also has complete mobile capability. And a whole bunch more new stuff that I don't even know about yet.

So, thank you for your patience as we work out the bugs and get acquainted with everything. New and improved can sometimes feel frustrating and unnecessary, however, in this case, it was completely necessary and worthwhile.

As you know, I'm away from Turdfork this weekend as MrsF and I are visiting LT#1 at college. (And boy-oh-boy do I have a raging headache today from too many beers at the local Oktoberfest last evening!) I had promised everyone a podcast this morning but, frankly, I don't know yet how to post one! So, just this quick update.

In Comex gold, It was great to see price close at $1230 yesterday. That's another GREEN weekly candle and maintaining above $1200 and $1220 is very important in terms of a bullish/hopeful chart configuration. For next week, the goal remains a close above the 100-day moving average and then $1240 as this will engender even more Spec short-covering.

And as you can see on the gold CoT below, a MASSIVE move in Spec short-covering already took place back on Thursday the 11th when price surged through the 50-day and ended up $34 on the day. We'll discuss this more on Monday.

In Comex silver, that reverse H&S we've been discussing continue to trace out. On the weekly chart,  getting back above and staying back above $14.50 is seemingly an important development. As expected, the move in the silver CoT wasn't nearly as dramatic as it was in gold.

Again, thank you for your patience as we get restarted and Ron and his team work out any kinks that suddenly appear. Have a great weekend and I look forward to next week.

streber
Oct 21, 2018 - 4:47pm

Have commented a couple of

Have commented a couple of times that new comments (and edits to existing comments) are not shown immediately.

For right now, we are updating them about every 2 minutes or so.

Oct 21, 2018 - 4:58pm

Ok, I think we've found out

Ok, I think we've found out something that is causing some significant issues for Safari users. We should be able to get that resolved.

procog petedivine
Oct 21, 2018 - 5:04pm

yup, me too. Going use my

@petedevine:  Yup, me too.  Going use my small balance on expenses this next week.

MoonShiv
Oct 21, 2018 - 5:11pm

Admin,

Admin,

I use OPERA browser and this has been fine up until I wanted to send you an email through the "Contact" link (under the "+" dropdown in the top menu). When type the message and hit send, I keep getting an error that "Javascript is not enabled". I check in my browser settings and it is enabled. Also, yes, I do click "Accept" everytime I come to the site when it pops up at the bottom. Not sure what's going on.

The message I was trying to send: When does my subscription expire? I want to know the date and based on that, I can then decide which credit card I want to provide for the next renewal.

Thanks

MoonShiv

streber
Oct 21, 2018 - 5:25pm

"Just days before she

"Just days before she resigned as UN Ambassador, Nikki Haley delivered a private speech to the Council for National Policy, a secretive group of influential right-wing figures. Journalist Max Blumenthal obtained exclusive access and reveals shocking details -- including Haley's admission that she threatened the Chinese ambassador with a US invasion of North Korea."

The Council for National Policy hold these meetings three times a year, in secrecy. The location of the meeting is not told to anyone who isn’t a member of the group. The membership rolls aren’t provided outside of the membership’s inner circle. And these are closed door meetings, press is not allowed.

[goog_505858663]

Inside Nikki Haley's Shocking Speech to Secretive Far-Right Group
canary
Oct 21, 2018 - 5:37pm

Oh boy...the way I posted

Oh boy...the way I posted here, I was a risk to this site from day one.

I will minimize my activity here, focusing primarily on reading....at least until gold goes above $1300 ...or Novo finally produces positive results.

matt_
Oct 21, 2018 - 5:40pm
MoonShiv
Oct 21, 2018 - 5:44pm

Thanks for letting us know

Thanks for letting us know MoonShiv. It sounds like the same spam filtering software we had on comments is creating issues for the Contact form. We'll have to turn it off there too and look for a different approach.

I'll send you a private message with your info, thanks.

matt_
Oct 21, 2018 - 5:47pm

Hmmm... that should have

Hmmm... that should have worked...

Edit: Oh, it didn't work because the URL entered is not available, at least not publicly.

TF Metals Report - Discussing De-Dollarization with Jim Willie
brolgaboy canary
Oct 21, 2018 - 5:47pm

Canary, hopefully you will

Canary, hopefully you will still post your COT analysis - would be a shame if we lost that. New site is a bummer

brolgaboy
Oct 21, 2018 - 5:48pm

Admin, how do I avoid comment

Admin, how do I avoid comment hidden, for example from Matt. I have never blocked anyone?
mike97
Oct 21, 2018 - 5:55pm

Administrator,  i received a

Administrator,  i received a  renewal notice today even though I already gave you my new card details. I tried to notify you through contacts but the message failed because I had to enable javascript. How the hell do I enable javascript on a iMAC?

Marchas45
Oct 21, 2018 - 5:56pm

Silver Recliner Report 81

This worked fine, it's an old one. Just checking. Keep Stacking

Silver Recliner Report 81
mel
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:05pm

TF Metals Admin:

TF Metals Admin:

How can I access "Comment Hidden"  Thanks

brolgaboy
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:06pm

@brolgaboy, you've never

@brolgaboy, you've never blocked anyone? You blocked 7 people from the old site, including _matt.

Go to the users profile and click "unmute."

mike97
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:10pm

We've already disabled the

We've already disabled the spam filtering on the comment and contact forms. It seems to have caused too many headaches at this time.

You still need to visit the subscribe page to re-connect, as it mentions in the email sent when the expiration occurs: https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/subscribe

We are not allowed to connect a posted card to a new transaction on your behalf, you have to initiate that.

canary
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:12pm

@canary, no it certainly wasn

@canary, no it certainly wasn't your fault. We've adjusted the site to account for it to make sure Craig doesn't run into the issue again.

Like I said I'm sure there is a method available on Microsoft Edge to grab the image, I just don't know what it is off the top of my head since I mostly use Firefox on Chrome. We'll get it loaded to verify, unless someone else on here uses Edge regularly.

AngryCitizen
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:13pm

Canary, maybe Admin can fix

Canary, maybe Admin can fix your problem, too, so you don't have to limit your activity here. I mean, the guys can fix just about everything else....

mel
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:13pm

Unmute the user if you want

Unmute the user if you want to see their comments. Go to their account profile page and click "unmute."

goldfanbrad
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:20pm

Hey administrator. It might

Hey administrator. It might just be a problem on my end, but the Key Economic Events weekly calendar on the right side has always been off for me. For instance right now it shows the weekly events from week of 6/11 and back to week of 4/2. It was this way on the old site also, almost always 5 to 10 months behind. An up to date listing would be nice.

Thomas More
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:20pm

Admin

Admin

Turd was excited that this site would make it easier for us to post charts. I learnt how to do that with the old site - don't know how to do it with the new site.

Maybe you could post a turd torial?

onesong
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:27pm

Big thumbs up to TF Metals

Big thumbs up to TF Metals Administration this weekend! Job well done guys! I'm sure everyone will be happy after all is said and done.

PM open looking up!smiley Now if the HUI can break out from being stuck at 155 and change all last week.

Thomas More
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:33pm

Sure, we could add something.

Sure, we could add something. Give us a little time to get some of the current issues resolved. Thanks.

goldfanbrad
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:36pm

Brad, it's out of date

Brad, it's out of date because Turd hasn't updated it. smiley

We do have some events posted on the new Charts page, you might want to check it out. It's available under the "+" dropdown menu at the top.

imfd
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:49pm

Woohoo ! Just a test of my

Woohoo ! Just a test of my reaction to a 4% up day in silver, one more time...Woohoo !

Thomas More
Oct 21, 2018 - 6:49pm

fwiw

fwiw

SP gap down already (on light volume)

Marchas45
Oct 21, 2018 - 7:42pm

Admin how does one accept

Admin how does one accept cookies on this website?

Thomas More
Oct 21, 2018 - 7:47pm

Thomas More, you can embed

Thomas More, you can embed that as a clickable image:

brolgaboy TF Metals Admin
Oct 21, 2018 - 7:47pm

nope, never blocked anyone

nope, never blocked anyone

Marchas45
Oct 21, 2018 - 7:48pm

When you first visit the site

When you first visit the site, you should see a banner at the bottom that mentions about accepting cookies. If you have already clicked "Accept" on that banner, you'll be all set.

1/15 8:30 am ET Producer Price Index
1/15 8:30 am ET Empire State Mfg. Index
1/16 8:30 am ET Retail Sales
1/16 8:30 am ET Import Price Index
1/17 8:30 am ET Housing Starts
1/17 8:30 am ET Philly Fed
1/18 9:15 am ET Capacity Utilization and Ind. Prod.

1/7 10:00 ET ISM Services Index