DOTS....

25803 posts / 0 new
Last post
sierra skier
sierra skier's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/16/2013
Hat Tips: 3887
Posts: 1077
waxybilldupp wrote: I think a

waxybilldupp wrote:

I think a difference between the world wind map and a source like wunderground is the level of detail.  Wunderground is using info put out by the FED's Hurricane Center in Miami on what looks like an hourly basis.  The FEDs are getting wind data from planes in the hurricane.  I also fairly sure there are standardized methods and equipment used to get these measurements.

The world wind map is interesting and I've saved it for future use but I'm not sure I would rely on it if I was in the potential path of a hurricane.  I'd base my plan to evacuate based on real time info from hurricane chasers who are risking their butts to get on location info.  

Do you know how the world wind map data is generated?  Again, if decisions are being made about the risks associated with a specific hurricane, precision and detail are rather important.

I believe you saw what you saw, but I'm suggesting that the level of detail is what's at issue here.

The global map was but one resource I used, perhaps all of the maps are using the same un detailed information. Here is another you can blow up to get very intimate detail that I was using (trust but verify) as well. This particular map reads at ten meters above the surface. The hurricane aircraft are not flying at the surface (or ten meters)so that is a non starter in our debate. The weather underground display and history was wonderfully organized and presented in a solid manner for those who believe in the establishment and trust their submissions. However I don't so I verified and compared every time the news spoke about the unusual 'massive' record late season season storm. When it sent suddenly from an unorganized depression to an unorganized 'tropical storm' with no real circulation and only driving winds on it's north side I became suspicious and began my watch as the MSM began sensationalizing Florence. It even made hurricane status with driving winds only on it's north side and very little or no true circulation.

Hurricanes generally require over 80* waters to grow in strength and most of the trajectory of Florence was over waters that were not warm enough to justify the sudden increases in intensity until it was closing in on the north side of the islands at which point the waters were warmer and would indicate an increase in wind speed and intensity.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=35.5;-86.2;4&l=wind-10m

Now of course these maps just monitor the wind speeds in the case I was using them in. Saying that the national weather service, NOAA, NASA (never a straight answer), the USGS, MSM and whoever else are completely honest about their reporting is like letting the fox guard the hen house. It is the equivalent of trusting the banks not to manipulate the prices silver and gold. Just who do you believe. The scientists, national weather service, academia et al all have a vested interest in their paychecks which just happen to be through government funding, government grants and those running the show. If you are one of those researchers who desperately needs that cushy job to support your trophy wives and kids and 4000 sq ft home what is your reporting going to reflect?

Let me try another direction.

Are you going to trust the studies on a new medicine that were funded by the Pharmaceutical companies, and then you look at the side effects and it says "If you stop breathing consult your physician"? This just falls back to my sincere belief that the government, the corporate world, our 'elected' politicians and those behind the curtains are not looking out for our best interests. So in relation to those beliefs again I fall back to they must have lots of named tropical storms whether they meet the criteria or not, and then magnify these into massive cat 4 hurricanes and blow them all out of proportion to justify the calls for carbon taxes due to man made climate change.

Hence my contention is that those running the show used falsified data hoping that the regular folks didn't check and verify the true stats or thought they may have misread them  and fed us information falsified just enough to attain a larger number of tropical storms, higher category hurricanes and other falsified weather details to further their agenda. Now I may be completely loony and I'm sure there are those here who may or would like to believe that.

There is a poster (maybe a couple) here that could likely offer very good and detailed reasoning as to how all of that could work through persuasion and perhaps if asked by someone other than myself might be interest in expounding upon this concept. In my book this all goes to the facts that those running the world only give us the news and information relative to their agenda because if we knew what was really going on they would all be hanging from trees on short ropes, or one of my favorites, in the middle of shark infested waters with a life boat (slow death) a life jacket (medium speed death) and concrete tennis shoes (jump out and have a fast death).

Now you must remember that HAARP and Chem trails of which DARPA and the military hold tens if not a hundred or more patients on are things I believe are likely weather control technologies. They were seeding clouds back in the 40s if not the late 30s, and I remember as a youth in the 50s they were seeding clouds in attempts to increase precipitation in California. taxpayers.Just imagine how far those technologies have developed in 70-80 years, especially with the huge black budget dollars they have stolen from the taxpayers.

You may completely disagree with my analysis and belief, but you gave me a forum to respond to your contentions so I 'let it go'. If we were anywhere but DOTS I probably wouldn't have gotten this involved. Thanks Waxy

waxybilldupp
waxybilldupp's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Hat Tips: 6877
Posts: 611
sierra ...

I'm reasonably comfortable with accepting National Weather Service Hurricane Center data.  There is a lot riding on accurate data.  I started following wunderground back when Katrina was in the news.  Followed it's track thru the Gulf and watched the data.  Started screaming at the computer (regularly) when Katrina was a couple days out from NOLA because Ray Nagin was unable to make a decision and get people out of harms way.  Since then, I've gone to wunderground many times and seen nothing to suggest that data is being compromised to drive an agenda.

My previous question that remains unanswered, and will likely remain so, is ... how is the wind data gathered for both sources?  It's a question that seems paramount to decide which source is more useful for understanding the structure of a tropical storm/hurricane.  That answer will likely take some digging and I'm not hopeful about finding a definitive answer.  My gut tells me that there are more resources focused on an individual storm getting precise data than there are generating a world wind map.  Again, it all comes down to the detail.

__________________

Wax off

soulscape
soulscape's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/14/2011
Hat Tips: 336
Posts: 62
He seems to think that wind

He seems to think that wind speed is not important.   Rain and storm surge causes more destruction and kills more people than high winds??surprise

 Donald J. Trump Retweeted

Verified account Sep 13

More

Do not focus on the wind speed category of #Hurricane #Florence! Life-threatening storm surge flooding, catastrophic flash flooding and prolonged significant river flooding are still expected.

BIGNASTY
BIGNASTY's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/09/2012
Hat Tips: 4105
Posts: 508
Reliable data......................

Most of us can acknowledge that the news media distorts all information to suite their agenda what ever it may be. Weather data has been absolutely distorted by the press and the nature Nazis for 15 plus years.

I fished offshore for many years in So. Cal. I found individual buoy data fairly accurate. The best info however always came from knowing the local commercial fisherman.

Check out https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/ 

This info is upstream of the manipulators in my experience.......

Can't say I would be shocked to find out about "adjustments"

BIGNASTY
BIGNASTY's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/09/2012
Hat Tips: 4105
Posts: 508
Perspective...................

The Carolinas will be heavily hit, and yes the flood waters/surge will be devastating for tens of thousands. The Great Storm of Galveston wreaked havoc from Texas through Canada in 1900. The storm killed 8,000 plus in Texas alone. Guess Flo might have been a little exaggerated.

soulscape
soulscape's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/14/2011
Hat Tips: 336
Posts: 62
BIGNASTY wrote:The Carolinas

BIGNASTY wrote:

The Carolinas will be heavily hit, and yes the flood waters/surge will be devastating for tens of thousands. The Great Storm of Galveston wreaked havoc from Texas through Canada in 1900. The storm killed 8,000 plus in Texas alone. Guess Flo might have been a little exaggerated.

You think the high death count  had anything to do with the fact that weather forecasting was primitive 118 years ago, and relied on visual reports from ships and that the storm was under-exaggerated at the time prior to land fall? 

And also, there were no weather bureau's,  no mass media and Galveston Island is at sea level?  And probably most American's didn't have a car at the time to evacuate so they had to stay in their hurricane proof houses because they didn't hear the weather report on the radio because they didn't' have a radio??angel

But what I'm really wondering is after it traveled 2500 miles across the mid-section of the United States, "wreaking havoc,"  did it stop at the border or continue all the way up to Alaska before heading out to sea and over to Japan?  

I think you're on to something with this perspective stuff. devil

BIGNASTY
BIGNASTY's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/09/2012
Hat Tips: 4105
Posts: 508
OK Genius..............

As far as I know it (The Great Storm) was the most devastating storm/natural disaster  in the USA and Canada. If it made it to Alaska I would have to rely on your intellect. (not holding my breath) Of course the public did not have the advantage of modern technology. I guess your saying Florence was a bigger storm? Cat one at best most likely a tropical storm if the individual buoys were studied. Thanks, come again.

sierra skier
sierra skier's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/16/2013
Hat Tips: 3887
Posts: 1077
waxybilldupp wrote: I'm

waxybilldupp wrote:

I'm reasonably comfortable with accepting National Weather Service Hurricane Center data.  There is a lot riding on accurate data.  I started following wunderground back when Katrina was in the news.  Followed it's track thru the Gulf and watched the data.  Started screaming at the computer (regularly) when Katrina was a couple days out from NOLA because Ray Nagin was unable to make a decision and get people out of harms way.  Since then, I've gone to wunderground many times and seen nothing to suggest that data is being compromised to drive an agenda.

My previous question that remains unanswered, and will likely remain so, is ... how is the wind data gathered for both sources?  It's a question that seems paramount to decide which source is more useful for understanding the structure of a tropical storm/hurricane.  That answer will likely take some digging and I'm not hopeful about finding a definitive answer.  My gut tells me that there are more resources focused on an individual storm getting precise data than there are generating a world wind map.  Again, it all comes down to the detail.

When I was following the winds I was matching the two sites I linked I was doing the math because they report in KMh and MPH and found close synchronization. These sites didn't match the Live reports the media was offering by around the difference between KM to MPH so I thought they might have been reporting the KM speeds as MPH, but that wasn't panning out either. Currently I was playing with one site and discovered the wind gust reading may be closer to what the reporters are reporting. If that is the case, they are not reporting the steady speeds that is how the hurricanes should be rated. Another option is if wind speeds were reported by the air craft from higher elevations.

Also thoughts for investigation.

soulscape
soulscape's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/14/2011
Hat Tips: 336
Posts: 62
BIGNASTY wrote: As far as I

BIGNASTY wrote:

As far as I know it (The Great Storm) was the most devastating storm/natural disaster  in the USA and Canada. If it made it to Alaska I would have to rely on your intellect. (not holding my breath) Of course the public did not have the advantage of modern technology. I guess your saying Florence was a bigger storm? Cat one at best most likely a tropical storm if the individual buoys were studied. Thanks, come again.

You are a nasty one. angry angry!!

Not including your introduction post where you don't read DOTS because of all the flawed peoplecheeky

"As far as you know"

You keep all the records in your head? 

Maybe you should have looked it up before you posted? 

It didn't make the list of top ten storms with the most costly devastation.  NOPE

I guess your saying Florence was a bigger storm?

Nope.  Not saying that.  Why are you asking me what I am saying when I already said it? frown

           Flawed argument,   Bad perspective. 

Why are you paying attention to wind speeds when Mr. Trump said don't?    

BIGNASTY
BIGNASTY's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/09/2012
Hat Tips: 4105
Posts: 508
Soul..................

I have read and posted on DOTS far more than you have, by far, just saying? You would know that if you had been paying attention. By "flawed people" I was merely addressing the one asshole that always argues with everyone. By "nasty" do you mean accurate? It does not take a trained meteorologist to know Flo is a baby compared to many storms. Back in the days of old we learned about the Alaskan earthquakes, the quake in Lone Pine, and the great Galveston Storm, probably nothing compared to Flo?

If you can't acknowledge the biggest storm in American history you should probably send your resume to CNN. The whole Trump thing, yeah, I don't listen to politicians about weather. Maybe you should block Al gore from your info feed?

If you don't think, for your self, that wind speeds don't matter, I can't help you?

BIGNASTY
BIGNASTY's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/09/2012
Hat Tips: 4105
Posts: 508
Soul..................

double.........

sengfarmer
sengfarmer's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/03/2011
Hat Tips: 2028
Posts: 383
GL

Once again you go off on a long rant filled with outright lies.  You fuck up and want me to apologize. Too funny.

You posted a bunch of bullshit then, and I didn't respond with "SILENCE", I called you out on it and continued until you went into one of your classic bloviated responses with no meat but a lot of hot air in which you exonerated yourself for posting a lie.

You do the same thing today. Why don't you try to be honest instead of the horseshit laughable depiction of me you always throw out to deflect from YOUR slanderous allegation? Your the best, you have all the answers.

Why do you always drag other posters into your shit piles. Can't you stand on your own two feet?

Troll you?  Don't flatter yourself.

edit: You never posted anything by any of the people whose names you throw around that even came close to saying Sinclair was running a ponzi. Those were your words and yours alone. You are the one always harping on proof, where's yours???

I only post when I just get fed up with your hypocrisy.

SteveW
SteveW's picture
Online
Joined: 09/08/2011
Hat Tips: 11036
Posts: 1822
Well

it looks like we're getting close to shut down again.

Siera skier reiterates the idea that TPTB rated Florence as cat 4 to support the agenda of global warming and carbon tax and sidesteps into the drug industry as support for the argument that we are being consistently lied to.

Waxy reiterates that he gave a reliable source for wind speed throughout the development of Florence.

Soulscape notes the Trump is saying that the storm surge and rain are more dangerous than the wind.

Bignasty sees an argument, jumps in with an assertion "Most of us can acknowledge" and so presumes to speak for most of us and then brings up the straw man of a storm 118 years ago.

Then all hell breaks loose.

All I need now is for Mr. Fix to come in and let us know that the storm was brought to us by HAARP.

I think we've heard all the opinions and have been given the websites for data so why don't we move on to something completely different?

__________________

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
― Albert Camus

Solsson
Solsson's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/14/2013
Hat Tips: 3705
Posts: 917
Is it still possible for

Sorry for butting in here in a middle of a storm, is it still possible for Ruffian to read DOTS?

Ruffian wrote:

Sweden is already a memory. 

I don't know about that, great irony that Ruff walked into the land of memories just a few moon phases later. I liked Ruffian and her direct straight to the point posts, up until she went crazy. 

This is such a bizarre synchronization, so embarrassing, I posted in RNP September 8th mentioning 88 and then I started babbling about 7 and yet another 7. It is like the universe wanted to catch me with my pants down. If you add the last two numbers you end up with the "number". An hour later I discovered Ruffians footer with the "number".

*** Just a quick side note,

Is it possible to code your own simulation, Chernovich style? Is it possible that thoughts will materialize into a physical representation? Then maybe an Irish related dude or two here is mad at me and/or Sweden surprise

C'mon Bono the Swedes you describe is 0.1% of the world population, they are no threat to others what so ever. Bono talks about Jimmie the leader of SD. I do not see SD as racist, should have put "" around the word in my last post. Many different ethnicities and cultures are represented in that party. Of course they are not ideal, more of a safety valve for people disappointed with the old, now lazy and corrupt parties. I see it as a protest against globalism, a protest against massimmigration,  a protest against EU in it's current form, a protest against bubble economy, a protest against forced personal debt burden, a protest against the banking system. The people just do not know the full scale of it yet, but they will sooner or later. The cycle has already turned and Sweden will hopefully self correct from bottom up in a peaceful manner.

Talked to my good old friend from Tibet, Dalai Lama, he visited Malmö last weekend and he supports the Europeans.
(no the first part was a super extension of the truth, a lie)

*** then back again,

Ok I've described the number 88 before how I see it, will not do it again. So why mentioning the 7.  I know this is getting very tiresome, but is it ok with another EGO post?

I am in there too, the good old queue ticket to personal alchemy.
( I went to Marty Leeds gematria calculator and Solsson ended up being 7)

33=Represents Jesus

11:11=Represents EL(11) the God of the Bible.

2018-06-17=2+0+1+8+0+6+1+7=25=2+5=7 that's me 

What a trinity lol

No I am not special, and no I do not believe in Jesus, at least not in a physical form and no I do not believe in angles.
We all have our tickets to the magic of the universe, you just have to look. 

Have a nice weekend!

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/15/2011
Hat Tips: 47161
Posts: 7894
BIGNASTY wrote:The Carolinas

BIGNASTY wrote:

The Carolinas will be heavily hit, and yes the flood waters/surge will be devastating for tens of thousands. The Great Storm of Galveston wreaked havoc from Texas through Canada in 1900. The storm killed 8,000 plus in Texas alone. Guess Flo might have been a little exaggerated.

A=Hurricane/Tropical Storm Flo exaggerated

B=The Great Storm of Galveston

A is false because B was greater.  

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/15/2011
Hat Tips: 47161
Posts: 7894
sengfarmer wrote:Once again

sengfarmer wrote:

Once again you go off on a long rant filled with outright lies.  You fuck up and want me to apologize. Too funny.

You posted a bunch of bullshit then, and I didn't respond with "SILENCE", I called you out on it and continued until you went into one of your classic bloviated responses with no meat but a lot of hot air in which you exonerated yourself for posting a lie.

You do the same thing today. Why don't you try to be honest instead of the horseshit laughable depiction of me you always throw out to deflect from YOUR slanderous allegation? Your the best, you have all the answers.

Why do you always drag other posters into your shit piles. Can't you stand on your own two feet?

Troll you?  Don't flatter yourself.

edit: You never posted anything by any of the people whose names you throw around that even came close to saying Sinclair was running a ponzi. Those were your words and yours alone. You are the one always harping on proof, where's yours???

I only post when I just get fed up with your hypocrisy.

Inductive, Deductive, Intuitive or Heuristic technique to draw conclusions  

A. None of the Above.

B. All of the Above. 

C. One of the above

D. Blow Torch 

                             AM's Dialogue on JS to resolve issue

                                        A.  It helped

                                        B.  It didn't

                                        C.  Pork Rinds

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/15/2011
Hat Tips: 47161
Posts: 7894
BIGNASTY wrote:I have read

BIGNASTY wrote:

I have read and posted on DOTS far more than you have, by far, just saying? You would know that if you had been paying attention. By "flawed people" I was merely addressing the one asshole that always argues with everyone. By "nasty" do you mean accurate? It does not take a trained meteorologist to know Flo is a baby compared to many storms. Back in the days of old we learned about the Alaskan earthquakes, the quake in Lone Pine, and the great Galveston Storm, probably nothing compared to Flo?

If you can't acknowledge the biggest storm in American history you should probably send your resume to CNN. The whole Trump thing, yeah, I don't listen to politicians about weather. Maybe you should block Al gore from your info feed?

If you don't think, for your self, that wind speeds don't matter, I can't help you?

  1. I was a troll and I lied about my reading habit because I stated an incorrect absolute.  
  2. If you can't agree with my faulty logic send your resume to CNN
  3. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore. 

Open Question.  Do you think Nasty read Scott Adams on why analogies are flawed logic?  Or does he have some catching up to do. 

AGXIIK
AGXIIK's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2012
Hat Tips: 16377
Posts: 1200
It's pretty early here on the left coast

I thought to weigh in with a few comments.  14hatehate was a curiosity to me  I saw it tagged to the bottom of Ruffian's posts. Earlier she also had 4 letters,  Cffg.  Occasionally 'cosign'

Many DOTS regulars have their own call signs and sayings that are meaningful to them. These might be an affectation but in my opinion they are expressions from the heart and mind  of that person and I take them as such.

I took a few if these as insider codes for people in the know.  It turned out that **** ( the number that shall not be mentioned) has an ugly side. It sparked a conversation that grew heated and virulent, moving to an inflection point that had Turd ban two people.  They dealt with subjects offensive to him and others.   

A parallel would be people throwing gang signs or hand signals; the proverbial secret banker handshake. If one knew what was being said it might be a good idea to get far away from the conversation or move to another neighborhood.

That said, I'm pretty much done with that conversation,  using it as an example to help move hate and anger from my heart and be as good example of that as possible.  

On a lighter note, Martin Armstrong posted a video of elephants playing in the snow in South Africa.  I was surprised at this, seeing 6 inches of snow on the ground and immediately thought  Global Cooling! Solar Minimum! We at the door step of cataclysmic climate change!

Maybe.

But in reading further into the story, the video was taken at Snow Mountain, where snow is commonplace in this area and during this time of the year.  What was unusual was it came late in the season and was  a bit unexpected.  It seemed like the animals were enjoying the snow nonetheless.

What this tells me is that weather will ignore all our entreaties, confound us with its strange behaviors, become predictable in one thing; it's unpredictability.  Of all the dumb things I've ever watched, it's the weatherman in San Diego spending 10 minutes telling us the weather in San Diego. What did it take to know the weather in San Diego?  Look out the window. Sunny balmy and pleasant 90% of the time

We have a lot to be concerned with,  our personal lives to what is happening across the world  AM probably said it best and I'll paraphrase a bit  The next 90-120 days?  You ain't seen nothing yet.  The weather is going to get  bumpy

Strap your feets belts on tight, get a good grip on the handles in front of you, it doesn't matter if you can or cannot walk under the 4 foot bar at the turnstile, this ride takes on everyone who can pay the admission fee.  6 Flags got nothing on what we are about to see, hear and feel. 

It reminds me of the opening monologue to the Outer Limits.  For the next 4 months we  control everything you see and hear---soft blur or crystal clarity, you're gonna be in for one hell of a ride.

I'd like to know how others are dealing with this. 

I'll keep my head on a swivel, Check 6 and pay forward the good graces of the sages on these boards.  

Whether we agree, disagree or agree to disagree, the overarching contributions of DOTS members are substantial.

My thanks to you all

__________________

AGXIIK

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/15/2011
Hat Tips: 47161
Posts: 7894
If Greshams Law (Bad Money

If Greshams Law (Bad Money drives out Good money) Then DOTS (Bad Posts drive out Good posts?)

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/15/2011
Hat Tips: 47161
Posts: 7894
SteveW wrote:it looks like

SteveW wrote:

it looks like we're getting close to shut down again.

Siera skier reiterates the idea that TPTB rated Florence as cat 4 to support the agenda of global warming and carbon tax and sidesteps into the drug industry as support for the argument that we are being consistently lied to.

Waxy reiterates that he gave a reliable source for wind speed throughout the development of Florence.

Soulscape notes the Trump is saying that the storm surge and rain are more dangerous than the wind.

Bignasty sees an argument, jumps in with an assertion "Most of us can acknowledge" and so presumes to speak for most of us and then brings up the straw man of a storm 118 years ago.

Then all hell breaks loose.

All I need now is for Mr. Fix to come in and let us know that the storm was brought to us by HAARP.

I think we've heard all the opinions and have been given the websites for data so why don't we move on to something completely different?

Steve how dare you use your science training and bring reason to bear and point out obvious flaws of reason.  You must be a fascist! You're catching on. 

Steve actually invoked the correct use of a strawman argument.  But I would have classified it as a red herring argument.  It could be a little of both. 

straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."

Red herring is a kind of fallacy that is an irrelevant topic introduced in an argument to divert the attention of listeners or readers from the original issue. In literature, this fallacy is often used in detective or suspense novels to mislead readers or characters, or to induce them to make false conclusions.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "DOTS...."