DOTS....

25802 posts / 0 new
Last post
HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2011
Hat Tips: 3002
Posts: 1297
HappyNow

HappyNow wrote:
GuerrillaCapitalist wrote:

Neighbors:

It's time for me to leave this community after all these years. The level of vitriol has reached an intolerable level. I recognize my role in adding to the intolerance by my disparaging and disrespectable comments about Xtianity and Xtians over the past years. I still hold those views due to the genocide visited upon the native side of my family, yet regret the pain I caused believers. 

I'll keep this account viable throughout today in order to read and respond to any comments.

GC I Must have missed or forgotten your comments on Christianity. Because I normally notice that. If you spoke to the genocide what the heck i do but listen as that is your truth. I think you and yours were victims of power mongers using Christ’s name in ways he never intended. Yet there it was, and there it is. I haven’t seen a Church apologize yet (if you have, let me know). If I could make meaningful apology for that I would.

I appreciate what you have said about bringing pain to believers of today.

I enjoy your contribution which lately has been rare. You bring another way of thinking, another way of being, you are not foolish and not afraid. This forum needs diversity for me to stay interested.

I hope this is not the last we see of you.

C’mon man, I just took out a subscription!

Dang hit quote when I meant to edit. Nevermind, I’ll just say it twice, but better the second time.

__________________

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.

argentus maximus
argentus maximus's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/20/2013
Hat Tips: 24247
Posts: 3498
@GC if you've made up your

@GC

if you've made up your mind, then that's what you will do.

However if you are still open to fresh ideas, which might modify what you have decided to do somewhat, consider this...

The coming 90 days or so will be EXTREMELY INTERESTING.

You wouldn't want to miss what's coming, and how it gets perceived by some of the people here - compared to the different way the target audience perceive it.

So what I'm saying is "Hang around for 60 to 120 days". Defer your decision to move on. If you need, write down in a diary to move on eg 2nd week of January. You might lose a few days in your moving to intellectual pastures new. However, if I am right you will miss on a significantly alternative view of the world at a vital moment not too far away when such rare takes on reality will matter.

You saw crazy? Well, crazy precedes irrational action. Actions create events. And such actions create opportunity for the rational.

In my humble opinion.

And yes I could be talking through my ass. But ... is that a habit I have? Remember Carl Rove's comment that I referred to here recently.

Do what you must do and the best for you and yours whichever it is.

__________________

argentus maximus
Rhythm and Price
http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html
This analysis - global markets

sengfarmer
sengfarmer's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/03/2011
Hat Tips: 2028
Posts: 383
GL

Let's get something straight. I used to post on the main forum board quite a bit and on DOTS occasionally.

What got me on your shit list was when I called you out for saying Jim Sinclair was running a ponzi scheme. You never gave any proof although you have frequently claimed you ALWAYS can give proof for what you claim.

To me that was a lie based on more lies, and a very nasty thing to say about a person. That sort of thing does not fly with me.

I am also 67, I ran my own business for many years, very successfully and retired 14 years ago. Yes, I am a farmer and don't have the mastery of the wide range of topics that you do. I didn't need them nor had the time nor interest in pursuing them.

sengfarmer
sengfarmer's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/03/2011
Hat Tips: 2028
Posts: 383
AM

That is exactly the reason I stay on this site. I know there are those of you that can help us less educated to get through what has to come.

I've been trying to catch up to the reality of what is happening for a long time. The shit is about to be flushed down the old gurgler.

argentus maximus
argentus maximus's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/20/2013
Hat Tips: 24247
Posts: 3498
Is it ok if I cut in here? I

Is it ok if I cut in here? smiley

I don't know this JS guy from Adam but if I wanted to make a judgment about his worth as a financial advisor in gold mining stocks, or future movements in the price of gold what questions would I consider?

  • have those who followed his advice made money?
  • has he provided any advice that stands out as different from the plethora of others in the industry, by which a different special attitude, skill, or professional ability can be established?
  • does he profit from my doing something, or lose by my doing something else, and did his advise fit or not fit that parameter of self interest?

These are semi objective questions in that they compare or contrast what was said with what happened. It's a way to evaluate track record, with limitations of course. Nothing to do with character, or respectability or sincerity or honesty or anything like that. I just want to get a measure of the money value of the analysis being quantified.

If stocks are going to go down , I want somebody who says to buy after they go down instead of saying "buy" before or during the descent. Advice to "hold" .... well the same measures can be used to a certain degree. Like for instance on the morning after an exciting date - was it a good experience? If not, can fault be ascribed to one side, or the other, or did it take both sides to make the liaison what it was? Maturity may be not getting out of the bath when the doorbell rings, but it also brings some other insights with it.

Sengfarmer I appreciate your post was not directed to myself. So I'll step out again at this point, having had the best intentions in saying what I did. I defend nobody, and accuse nobody also, but maybe I blew some dust off the hitherto obscured writing on the wall.

__________________

argentus maximus
Rhythm and Price
http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html
This analysis - global markets

argentus maximus
argentus maximus's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/20/2013
Hat Tips: 24247
Posts: 3498
sengfarmer wrote:That is

sengfarmer wrote:
That is exactly the reason I stay on this site. I know there are those of you that can help us less educated to get through what has to come.

I've been trying to catch up to the reality of what is happening for a long time. The shit is about to be flushed down the old gurgler.

Maybe the "gifted ones" are actually just as blinded by the lack of daylight as yourself but they are fumbling through the darkness a step ahead of you because they have a better sense of smell and use it while hoping that it is a help rather than a hindrance.

The gap between participants in markets is far narrower than many people think.

__________________

argentus maximus
Rhythm and Price
http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html
This analysis - global markets

ancientmoney
ancientmoney's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/19/2012
Hat Tips: 29125
Posts: 4012
Recent DOTS history...

I have been an on-again, off-again reader of DOTS since it was originally created.  I mostly lurk, and sometimes post if I feel I can offer any value.

Ruffian, to me, was an enigma.  She was all over the place; dumb, but smart.  Weak, but strong.  Stupid, but well-read.  Knew nothing except horses and horse racing, yet worldly in many ways.

I really wondered about who Ruffian really was.  Her posts many times were like machine gun burst staccato, one after another with nearly no breaks.  She was always so busy, yet posted so often.

Katie even posted that she wondered if Ruffian was actually several people posting as one.  GL took Katie to task for that unverified opinion, as I recall, and defended Ruffian.

Maybe Katie was onto something, however.  While Ruffian may not have been several people posting as one, she didn't seem to be the simpleton she purported to be.

GL, it seems to me you want everyone here to post only verifiable facts, truths that nobody can deny.  Unfortunately, in today's world of fake news everywhere, facts are very hard to verify.  There are many news sources, some good, some not so good, some bad.  Maybe all of them are at times any of the above.

When I read something, given today's level of fraud in news reporting, I take pretty much everything with a grain of salt.  I try to discern the likelihood of it being true, partly true, mostly true completely untrue, and/or which parts are true vs. false, and for what purpose the reporter is doing so.

Anyway, I am glad to have read today's DOTS posts; I am looking forward to seeing what happens between now and January, as AM has said big stuff is likely to happen.  Given the chaos in the world right now, I would agree it is going to get worse before it gets better.

SteveW
SteveW's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/08/2011
Hat Tips: 11036
Posts: 1822
Children

Why do children interrupt adult conversation? Because they want attention. And if you give them attention it reinforces that behaviour. When children fight the fight is broken up, they are scolded and given a timeout.

How can you proactively deal with this behaviour? By civilizing your children. But if a friend should visit and his children are not civilized then you are SOL since there will be disruptions and your friend will not take kindly any suggestions you may make.

__________________

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
― Albert Camus

waxybilldupp
waxybilldupp's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Hat Tips: 6877
Posts: 611
GuerrillaCapitalist ...

I'm very sorry to see you go.

You certainly have not offended me with any comments on any topic.  I have always found your comments to be based on personal knowledge and experience rather than unsubstantiated opinion.

My limited knowledge about past inhumanity against Native Peoples is limited to reading 3 or 4 books on the topic, such as "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee".  With that limited background, however, your views are understandable and not unexpected.  You are almost certainly closer to that history than anyone else on this forum.  I think your opinions on the matter should be honored and respected.  An apology is completely unnecessary.

I greatly appreciated your support for my solution to my "spirit" issue a year ago.  You cannot underestimate how valuable that was to me.

Even though you don't check in very often, your comments carry import.  You will be missed.  I wish you would stay.

__________________

Wax off

SteveW
SteveW's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/08/2011
Hat Tips: 11036
Posts: 1822
GL: Second Wave

Thanks for this note.

"So for those of you who have a hard time understanding long posts and logic.  

The core dysfunctions that allowed anti-moral, anti-civil discourse to happen here and disturb the forces of good that just wanted to have good discussions remains.   They were never addressed because some of you are unconscious of your role and it's too painful for you to accept it."

I have the sense from what you have told us of your profession that you are heavily involved in inter-personal interactions and dealing with emotive forces. Thus what might seem obvious to you will not necessarily be obvious to others.

Furthermore I'm pretty sure that you use inductive logic rather than deductive logic and as I have said I do not find this easy to follow since it is rather alien to me. I have noted that AM is Socratic in his approach whereas as you put you can be more "in your face".  It seems that you also actively monitor who is here, which is something I do not pay any attention to.

If the core dysfunctions remain then I guess we will have more childish disruptions. As I have said my position is not to feed the trolls but I draw the line at uncivil behaviour.

Namaste

__________________

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
― Albert Camus

sierra skier
sierra skier's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/16/2013
Hat Tips: 3885
Posts: 1077
CG nothing you have ever

CG nothing you have ever posted struck me badly. Your posts are well considered, delivered and sincere. There is no reason for you to depart unless it is for your own comfort and peace of mind. Your contributions are not often but well respected.

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/15/2011
Hat Tips: 47161
Posts: 7894
ancientmoney wrote:Katie

ancientmoney wrote:

Katie even posted that she wondered if Ruffian was actually several people posting as one.  GL took Katie to task for that unverified opinion, as I recall, and defended Ruffian.

Yes, I did.  Because of all Ruffians dysfunction, there was NO evidence that Ruffian was a member of the deep state.   Not now, and not then.  So we call something by what it is and not what we make up in our minds.  

Secondly, the tactics that one would use to disseminate disinformation and try to influence you, were NOT employed or even understood by Ruffian.  This is the kind of unsubstantiated claim that has no validity.  I'm not going to lie and call Ruffian something she wasn't. She had enough issues that I don't need to mix my feelings with her with the facts.   There have been endless posts on what kind of tactics would be employed.  Actually, I am the furtherst away from practicing disinformation tactics than anybody AND Yet the forum piled on a punch of fallicious statements that had NONE validity.  

I took Ruffian to task for the same careless use of sophistry on many things.   

Maybe Katie was onto something, however.  While Ruffian may not have been several people posting as one, she didn't seem to be the simpleton she purported to be.

Again, you have no proof that Ruffian was multiple people.  Her online behavior could fit 1000 conclusions because you can fit the facts to almost any conclusion.  That's why you need some model of problem solving. There have been an untold amount of posts that discuss this going all the way back to AM's discussion of inductive thinking when he quoted Sherlock HOlmes by solving a crime based on the fact that the dog didn't bark. 

What Katie saw was an erratic person who was angry at the world.  Admitted her drug and booze problems on the forum.  A judge told her she over reacted when she stabbed a man.  Belonged to a fringe political internet group.  People told her that she wouldn't last in this world because of destructive behavior.  These were own words and own testimonies about herself.   And, her views reflected a bias and a hatred toward many things in absolute terms.   Her consistent words including "I hate...." is indicative of a person with no objectivity.  

Her testimonies of herself are consistent with her behaviors here.   You could say her behaviors here mean she was an reptialian alien because her behaviors resemble the descriptions you find online.   That's NOT how you make a case.  And any of these things would be thrown out of court for lack of substance.   

GL, it seems to me you want everyone here to post only verifiable facts, truths that nobody can deny. 

That is NOT true.  I never ever used those words and NEVER took anybody to task for speculating.  Sophisty and fallacious arguments are something totally different.  As a matter of fact, on multiple occasions I've pointed to professional alt media journalists and the techniques they use to come to conclusions and often speculation including Joseph Farrell, and Scott Adams.  And Fix and I had a conversation about Farrells techniques which he emphasizes objective reasoning.   

Unfortunately, in today's world of fake news everywhere, facts are very hard to verify. 

The use of fallacious arguments and ad hominen attacks ARE NOT hard to identify once you've put sometime into that field of study.  Once you spot fallacious arguments and the use of lies, many of these things are the skills Scott Adams teaches, you can usually eliminate the argument immediately.  

However, it is not full proof way of deriving the truth.  I just had a conversation with a group how logic gets thrown out the window once you delve into other area's of study especially in religious/spiritual topics and even suppressed information where facts have been hidden.  

So I expressed the opposite of your statement.  The unfortunate truth is that you have to use different skills for different events and topics.  Things like the Las Vegas shooting, and the downing of Malaysian airlines leave alot of room for speculating.  But you have some facts to draw on.   Idle speculation without using any information and going simply on whim is not analysis.  However, gut feeling or hunch is a reasonable methodology because it falls inline with inductive thinking which starts with a general observation or a haunch and then looking at the facts to try to reach a conclusion. 

Going back and looking to see that Hurricane Francis exceeded Hurrican force winds consistent with a Category 4 hurricane was NOT difficult.  

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/15/2011
Hat Tips: 47161
Posts: 7894
Sengfarmer,  Let's get 10

Sengfarmer, 

Let's get 10 things straight.   You've been badgering me and trolling me ever since that conversation that happened maybe three years ago.  You only come into the forum when you see that there might be some anti-GL sentiment and you sing the same song like a chant despite it being addressed by me, multiple forum members and now AM.   So elevated GV inflection points are the only time you come out.  Let's call them When People Are Angry and they aren't going to take it anymore points..  

I indeed posted the stock scheme of TAz Royality a long time ago that was published on the internet.  YOUR COMMENT..... NONE!!!  You just kept repeating the same thing over and over again.  YOU IGNORED and then BADGERED!

I posted commentary that I got directly from Sprott/Rule folks and multiple geologists.  And Brent Cook.  You IGNORED and ATTACKED.

We just had multiple people, AGXIIK from silver doctors, Gold way, Ruffian, and Happy Now, that's the people I remember give a testimonial to their failed investments or questionable tactics this guy you are talking about.  

YOUR COMMENT?  SILENCE!!! And continued trolling.  You didn't entertain any of their arguments.  You made no counter arguments.  You just trolled.  

Now AM is coming to your rescue and putting it in your face in a nice way.  But of course, you're not going to answer the questions out loud.  You even have admitted multiple times that you don't have the skills to even make judgements so you rely on what you can get here.   However, when the commentary is not to your liking you ATTACK!  That's all you do.  

So if I were in your position and I had NO investment skills, NO TA skills, limited reading, no training in political philosophy, I wouldn't stomp on to forum calling people out!! I wouldn't!!  

Now, AM has said everything  in a nice way to make it easier for you without taking you to task.   Maybe he is helping you?? Maybe he'd like to see this conversation put to rest after three years?   He's obvious playing his role as a mediator here with so many people saying, I'm out of here.  

You ignored.  YOu attacked.  You refused to respond

I'm not lying because all your posts are on the forum and easily found since you posted nothing else.   

Secondly, I made the post about intentions of posting because your beef with me is not about you know who.  But you can't stand up to it.   And if you do, it's going to sound alot like alot of people that are simply saying, you make me feel bad about myself when you disagree and I have no other resource within me except to yell at you.  

I'd be easy on you because I don't give a shit about anybodies skillset.  I care about how they comport themselves, and you do a terrible job at it.  

AM just delivered the same message as others have, except, he validated you by saying you're not that far away from people who have more skills since almost everybody is struggling to see the future.  He made you feel higher, and the rest a little lower.   That was nice of him to take care of you in that way and not call you out for your past trolling. 

And even more he delivered it in a way that I wouldn't because if I delivered that way, you'd refuse the invitation.  He put the onus on you to solve the problem.  Which means you have to do your own thinking.  Others told you straight out. 

With this situation cleared up, you have a bigger problem.   If you can't use the Js issue as bait, you're going to have to find another way to troll me.  Of course, you're not above just calling me asshole.  Or doing what you did earlier and going he he he he he, and then finding anything you can to fill in the blank.  

The issue is NOT about js.   The issue is the issue you have with me which ultimately is the issue you have with yourself.  Js is just a cover.  And your complaint with me is the same as 10 other people.  You can just copy and paste without giving specific examples. 

You could end it.  You could just apologize for the past trolling. You could acknowledge that indeed multiple posts have addressed the situation.  Or to make it easier for yourself,  you could thank AM for the compliment and the advice and say , oh yeah, AM i see what you're saying.  My bad. I'll finally drop the issue.   

That will free up some space so we can talk about other things. And I attempt to see what's happening in the time zone AM just put up.   

ancientmoney
ancientmoney's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/19/2012
Hat Tips: 29125
Posts: 4012
GL...thanks for your explanation and views

I agree that it is difficult to seine out the truth in much of what we are fed and led to believe.  I do use my gut feeling many times, to ask and answer: does that make sense?  When there is no other available explanation or way to verify, I go with my gut reaction.

That is opinion, of course, if I then relay that info to this board or elsewhere.  Many times I add the abbreviation to qualify:  MHO (my humble opinion). 

As far as Katie's view of Ruffian (not to beat a dead horse), I figured then, as I still do, that that was her opinion; unverifiable, of course.

I suppose that could be considered slander, to opine publicly that someone is not who they seem, when there is no way to verify.

I cut her more slack back then, but maybe you're right, that her opinion on another person is not warranted without proof.

sierra skier
sierra skier's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/16/2013
Hat Tips: 3885
Posts: 1077
82.221,129.208

82.221,129.208

This just came in and I had already noted the hysteria over the 'Massive Class 4 storm' is quite over as it approached shore at less than 100mph or just barely over so they could still claim a cat 2. They have said the winds were not the issue but the extensive rains. I have still been monitoring those wind speeds and they are much more in sync than they have been for the previous week. I am posting this in regard to Waxy's weather underground excellent post which appears valid but the weather sites support extreme weather to further the agenda of climate change and they work for and are paid by those who propose manmade climate change and the carbon tax.

I personally am not a believer in manmade climate change being the cause of our current issues. The climate has been changing on this planet for 4 billion years and we weren't her to cause those dramatic changes.

This is from a site I visit that may have other reports of interest to some here.

Some may find this site  little on the conspiratorial side, but then again this is the DOTS forum. I found the Fukushima story to be of interest. Truth, fiction? That is for each to decide on their own merits.

This is the global wind map I was using to monitor wind speeds while the storm was crossing the Atlantic and it is the same information available to the MSM and weather sites. All of the numbers I shared here were derived from here. These wind sites have no political agenda or bias as many of the traditional news, weather sites, Academia along with NASA, NOAA and others do.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-77.83,%2031.88,%203000/loc=-68.676,%2030.097

82.221,129.208

To Quote from the site

"Florence made landfall as a mid grade category 1, even by official numbers

Trump is using his Twitter as a hurricane advice center.

For whatever reason, Florence was finally spoken about honestly right as it made landfall (it never hit the numbers they claimed.) I'll cut them some slack for claiming 90 mph winds as a max in some areas, maybe that happened when the max I could find at landfall was in the low 80's. Trump is making it perfectly clear that Florence is not a threat from wind, it is a threat from water and I agree with that, hurricanes bring the worst rains there can possibly be and category has little to do with how much rain a hurricane will drop.

Do not forget what happened with Florence

Everything from "the worst storm in history" to "1, 000 year rains" and whatever else was spewed about this hurricane, I argued against it the entire time, and when it finally made landfall, they were full of crap. They claimed it weakened before it hit land, but all along the real numbers were there, in the global wind map I linked to, and the hurricane did not weaken before landfall, it had numbers that were within the range of what it was showing for the entire prior week.

The next time they spew "the worst storm in history" is approaching, be skeptical. It is probably just headline porn. I try to avoid that here.

I still think they may have wanted to stuxnet a nuke plant under the cover of Florence but it just did not work out. What would screw with mid terms more than that?"

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/15/2011
Hat Tips: 47161
Posts: 7894
SteveW wrote:I have the

SteveW wrote:

I have the sense from what you have told us of your profession that you are heavily involved in inter-personal interactions and dealing with emotive forces. Thus what might seem obvious to you will not necessarily be obvious to others.

Fair statement.  But some of the behavior that goes unaddressed is usually overt.  Like people coming out and just yelling...ASSHOLE.   My flaw is that I can't understand why people can't see it or if they are just playing dumb to avoid stress.  

SteveW wrote:

Furthermore I'm pretty sure that you use inductive logic rather than deductive logic and as I have said I do not find this easy to follow since it is rather alien to me.

I do and currently trying to improve it reading experts in the field. 

SteveW wrote:

I have noted that AM is Socratic in his approach whereas as you put you can be more "in your face". 

AM does in engage in Socratic dialogue in that he uses a more indirect style to stimulate your own thought process and critical thinking while at the same time dropping clues to a puzzle he has already solved.  He might go two or three rounds with you. If he see's somebody is totally wrong, he'll continue using that method of just throwing clues, or use a metaphor and he avoids at all costs putting somebody in awkward situation where they won't acknowledge their error to allow them to save face.   Essentially, he could be more of a disinformation agent then me and Ruffian because he is gaining rapport with the person he is speaking with.  I am not suggesting he is because he is most certainly not.  People call people disinformation agents when they are annoyed never realizing that a disinformation agent would do anything to NOT annoy you.  Like Q.  He says everything you want to hear. 

I do engage in Socratic dialogue too but I use skills of rhetoric which they run away from.   They love it when Trump uses it, but hate it when I use it.  the difference being, I'm using it on them. 

So the comments made to Turd, GL is a bit harsh. What they are trying to say is  that I  engage in a dialectic argument where  I try to point out the contradictions in their arguement.  Their response is ,  I don't like when I feel trapped, and I feel as if my opinion is marginalized therefore he must be a fascist.   That's the same deductive reasoning as 

combs have teeth
men have teeth
therefore all men are combs....at least with good looking hair

A fellow forum member shared that with me. 

Then somebody will say to me, GL that is a trick question.  I don't answer trick question. And I say NO it's not a trick question.  No question can trick you if you already have the answer.  their comment underneath the comment is well, I'm not really sure. 

I have posted that journalist using the Socratic method on Bernie Sanders and other people.  He successfully drove them all into a state of insanity and they reacted, and spit and vomited blood in his face and threatened.  So thats the risk of a more direct form of a Socratic dialogue.  they simply WOULDN'T answer the question and turned the table over.  Because he caught them in cognitive dissonance.  It is a method of hypothesis elimination and highlighting the contradictions in people's statements.   However, unlike that Journalist Jan (what's his name) Socrates used skills of rhetoric and was persuasive to get them to acknowledge their error.  And by the time he finished, they said Oh Socrates, you got me.  I'll admit it.  Well, I'm working on it.  Socrates avoided invalidating them to get to the finish line.  Because you can't get to the finish line if people start emoting.  You have to try to circumnavigate.   AM does it through more indirect clue giving and posing the question.  But Socrates actually got answers from them.   Nobody here is going to give an answer if they think it makes them look bad. 

Steve would you agree that zebra's have spots?  Yes.  Would you agree that hump is only one quality of a camel?  sure.   Socrates knew his destination and lead people in a non-invasive way until they were trapped.  TRAPPED!!

Once people decide that they won't engage in any dialogue at all, the dialectic method doesn't work anymore.  I then just make a case, and they often just go into all sorts of gyrations.  By this time, AM has stopped the conversation.  Or at times, he'll just use emphatic statements when he doesn't want to engage in dialogue.  He did that recently with Fix.   " You can believe that.  I don't"  Because then he'd have to resort to going back over material that has been covered a 100 times.  There is no argument to somebody coming out on the forum that says cycles don't work because they switched calendars.  They are just people that refuse to engage the information. 

That's much different than I don't understand GV inflection points.  If you remove that there is some astrology behind that, then all it is some invisible cycle that he discovered that when it happens certain things of a certain nature happen.   That's all it is.  However, I believe it is a cause and effect cycle and that we are seeing the effects of causes that were put into motion along time ago.  Like bridges falling down, or planes falling out of the sky, or murders or even small things like arguments on DOTs. 

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/15/2011
Hat Tips: 47161
Posts: 7894
ancientmoney wrote: I agree

ancientmoney wrote:

I agree that it is difficult to seine out the truth in much of what we are fed and led to believe.  I do use my gut feeling many times, to ask and answer: does that make sense?  When there is no other available explanation or way to verify, I go with my gut reaction.

Gut reactions and some intuitive method of reaching a conclusion is higher than all forms of logic.  But then you are left to have to find ways to take your subjective experience and show it to others using some objective mehtod.  Or you can use A heuristic technique which Nassim Taleb uses.  If you think I'm hard to understand try to read his stuff.  He just used mathematical models to show that the Keto diet that we talked about with Jordan Peterson can be done with carbs by adding intermittent fasting.  He solved the problem using a mathematical model.   But like I said, all forms of logic will fail at some point.   So if you have a gut reaction, than you call it a gut reaction.  

ancientmoney wrote:

As far as Katie's view of Ruffian (not to beat a dead horse), I figured then, as I still do, that that was her opinion; unverifiable, of course.

An uninformed opinion is DANGEROUS.  . It is  dangerous because it plants the idea in people's heads.  People do not need evidence to form judgements.    If I call you a rapist, you can never remove that stigma completely.  FAlse claims are powerful because they stick in people's heads.  It's how they get suspects to confess a crime they didn't do.  Done intentionally, it's evil.  

If you suspect that somebody here is a deep state agent trying to stir the shit, the first thing you do is report it to the authorities.  Turd.  Turd probably can clear it up by looking at their IP address.  See that they live in a small town in Iowa and see their posting behavior is that of  some small town person who is just angry at the system.   Accusations are serious things.  An  OPINION should be reserved for the New York Times and your friends at a bar.  Not hanging people in public.   The indictment here of Jordan Peterson was 100% fallicious arguement.   But you realize how is opinions could be damaging to the case they want to make.. 

The commentary on Js all came with evidence.  The evidence is how well they faired taking the persons advice.  One among many

Accusing people of intentionally spreading disinformation is accusing people of a crime. Even if it is not a legal crime, it is a moral crime. Even Ruffian and Barter deserve a fair trial.  So libertarian of me.  

waxybilldupp
waxybilldupp's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Hat Tips: 6877
Posts: 611
sierra ...

I think a difference between the world wind map and a source like wunderground is the level of detail.  Wunderground is using info put out by the FED's Hurricane Center in Miami on what looks like an hourly basis.  The FEDs are getting wind data from planes in the hurricane.  I also fairly sure there are standardized methods and equipment used to get these measurements.

The world wind map is interesting and I've saved it for future use but I'm not sure I would rely on it if I was in the potential path of a hurricane.  I'd base my plan to evacuate based on real time info from hurricane chasers who are risking their butts to get on location info.  

Do you know how the world wind map data is generated?  Again, if decisions are being made about the risks associated with a specific hurricane, precision and detail are rather important.

I believe you saw what you saw, but I'm suggesting that the level of detail is what's at issue here.

__________________

Wax off

SilveryBlue
SilveryBlue's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/07/2013
Hat Tips: 5528
Posts: 1347
Standing up for yourself doesn't need an apology.

We have all been forced to defend ourselves. If occasionally we fight back it just proves we are human.

AGXIIK
AGXIIK's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2012
Hat Tips: 16377
Posts: 1199
GC Stick with us and it for a while

AM said it well.  The next 90-120 days should prove interesting, even if they are a bit like the Chinese curse.  I'd not miss it for all the silver in Shanghai

Craig

__________________

AGXIIK

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "DOTS...."