Welcome to the updated TF Metals Report! We hope you enjoy the new experience.

We've changed payment processors, so any existing renewals will need to be re-subscribed after expiration. You will receive an email when this happens. If you have any questions, send a message through the Contact page.

26647 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 9:48am (Reply to #21203)
Online
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8172
47865

stackaloha wrote:At work

stackaloha wrote:

At work last night, my coworker asked me what I was chuckling about. I told him "nothing bro".

I was thinking of you GL, and your defense of NYC.

Your personal attacks remind me of things teenage girls say to each other. 

I got you started with one pull of the cord!

just like I figured would happen

you showed up right on time, I thank you for being so predictable sir!

still chuckling, I suppose I am easily amused in regards to some things.

such as exposing the fragility of a pompous cosmopolitan

[/quote]

You're a shit stirrer (probably occupational too) that offers nothing. You come out here, like others, when there is an accident. Makes you a rubbernecker. You're an obvious dick. Your technique not so subtle. So any chance I have to tell you to go fuck yourself is an opportunity to speak the truth which is becoming REFRESHING AROUND HERE. 

And of course, you work at night. Some of the best blue collar, untrained people from broken homes, arrest records, that drink heavily as a hobby are working at night. Everybody talking about the problem with hard working MEXICAN's. Ain't nobody talking about all the shit that lives in his country that's bringing it down. WE GOT MORE THAN OUR SHARE RIGHT HERE AMERICA!!!

ALOT OF DEAD WEIGHT AROUND HERE. People with NO Intention, and some with no capability to analyze events.

IF THIS WAS A BUSINESS, where diligence, accuracy counted. There'd be ALOT of unemployment and people standing in bread lines. 

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 9:54am
HappyNow
Offline
-
Canada
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
1342
3102

Mr. Fix I disagree.   If you

Mr. Fix I disagree. If you think I’m splitting hairs then I think you’re happy to just take any quote and by ignoring the parts you don’t like, claim that Einstein supports you. Oh, wait, instead of ignoring you’ve judged it redundant. Well good for you because you have applied the tactics of all the evil you despise. It is as wrong when you do it as when they do.

The arguments you make in tar and feathering today’s authority are right on, but that is only half the battle and you don’t need Einstein but if you use him you’re accountable to the whole.

 Authority is inevitable. In any population large enough people seek it.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 10:12am
Mr. Fix
Offline
-
NY
Joined: Jun 8, 2012
10819
63901

Happy now, you're just flat-out wrong.

"Unthinking respect for authority" is redundant.

I don't give a flying fuck what Einstein was implying when he made that statement, I am making my own.

Take 10 minutes and watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DxSKTSoA_E

A clear demonstration of unthinking respect for authority.

The only thing that makes authority inevitable, is the capacity for human stupidity to accept it.

Maybe you'd like to refresh your memory with the very, very first video ever posted on DOTS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6b70TUbdfs

Human stupidity on display.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 10:14am
Online
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8172
47865

Anybody get a chance to read

Anybody get a chance to read that book Pseudoevents by Booristin? My 5th mention of it........

Donald Trump has us all busy arguing over the merits of a trade war, of course I'm right if there ever is one, but it's fake news. NO TRADE WAR. TRump using Persuasion. China using Counter perusasion. He hasn't done shit and if he does, he'll exaggerate it. 

The hilarious and most serious news of the Hondurian Immigrants (which smelled fake) never happened. Trump isn't moving troops to the border, and the news flow is filled with analysis of fake events. Ok Persuasion. Mexico is playing persuasion back. 

We have fake news on the stock market, and alot of confused news. Nobody seems to know what the hell is going on and they spend alot of time and ink telling us.

We got fakeaccusations right here, better than Mueller, that gets everybody off their ass to give an opinion, , fakenews (from both sides) we have fakeleakers, (alot of that going on these days) Let's just keep a list #fakemarketanalysis, #fakebullishness, #fakearguements, #fakereligiouspiousness, #fakehattips, #fakecompentencies, #faketitties, #fakesex, #fakeposts, #fakejobnumbers, #fakefood, #fakegoatfarmers, #fakeunderstanding of the constitution, #madeupopinions disguised as truth.

FAKE, FAKE, FAKE

As Above, So Below.

No wonder the hindu's said the world is Maya, just a world of appearances.

And some of you actually walk around feigning enlightenment as you pass around fake news. 

Just like her.

See baby, all fake. I suscpect some of you will pop a viagra and get a fake erection. 

And one last commentary on fake goat farmer Katie Rose.

Make piece with your Big Daddy as Fix calls it.

Go back to Mainstreet, write another Cute and sweet post on how you buy things because because one day you'll know you'll be right. It seems that mainstreet likes that kind of sweet old lady commentary, because it's questionable if anybody even understands what Turd is saying.

I know a man who is 92 years old. Nice man. Goes to church everyday, volunteers at the hospital, gives homeless a dollar here and dollar there, and so some of us keep him company and give back. He's not that saavy on political things and financial things other than he knows save a dollar.

I hope to hell Katie Rose you're like him. Just a nice sweet old lady looking for people to talk to. I think that a few of you kind of want that. And maybe we should open a forum called, 

"I AM NOT THAT BRIGHT, BUT I'M A SWEETIE" 

Oh yeah, and Mr. Fix acknowledged that all the religious types have suddenly evaporated or simply went into lurker mode when they weren't able to defend their arguements. That's an astitute observation. People's own ignorance drove them away. NOT ME. I just pointed it out. But it ain't only the religious types. It happens here, people poke their heads out, make unsubstantiated comments, and never have the balls to back it up. That's not a forum designed to enlighten. That's bullshit. 

So somebody here might want to say, well Green Lantern, it is what it is. We'll just regular people trying to make sense of the world. RIGHT. But it's also the reason I don't go to the Nuclear Physics Forum and tell people, it's my opinion that you should shoot more electrons ALOT faster through that cylinder.

BAAAH.

Society gets exactly what it deserves AND it's not just the aliens, and the bankers and the stupid politicians. Yeah, George Carlin got it right!!! Surprised they didn't take him out ALOT sooner. For telling the truth.

I don't blame him for snorting drinking and cocaine. If he saw some of the shit that gets posted here, he'd shoot himself. 

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 10:20am
Online
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8172
47865

And here is some cycles news

And here is some cycles news for ya.

People who work at night and fuck up their circadian rhythms have more heart attacks than other people. TRUE. Look it up.

Oh yeah, and STDS, that means venereal diseases for you old timers, you know the clap, are at a record high. Kiss a lesbian on the street of New York.

Mr. Trump, I say if you want to stop the flow of illegal immigrants, ship our retards to Mexico. Oh yeahhh baby. That's gonna wake them up QUICK. Now that's a TRADE WAR, I'd like to see. 

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 10:21am
Craig Francis
Offline
-
reno, NV
Joined: Jun 11, 2012
2260
17106

Respect versus authority

I'll give this a shot. Respect and authority should never be used in the same sentence or, for that matter, in the same universe. I'm pretty hard edged about this. I don't respect authority. It may be necessary that I comply to someone who's been give power over me but I do not do it willingly. That chafes my neck.

Respect. I give it only to those who've spend years acquiring a skill or knowledge that's useful, life sustaining or brings value to others. If the person is willing to pass it on for a fee (my preferred method since knowledge has extraordinary value and I'll willing pay for it) or gratis (not preferred because this person is shortchanging themselves and should be compensated*) I respect that desire in another to pass on their knowledge.

Respect comes to those who have done something that is extraordinary and uncommon even if it may not seem that way to an untrained eye. The person could be seen as an authority in their field but they don't demand I respect them for this. Respect should inure to the master only if the master uses their knowledge appropriately. It should not be demanded. For example, respect should not be given to a person who is knowledgeable as well as in a position of authority when their demand obeisance to them by way of their superior knowledge. Respect coerced is nothing more than a form of cowing a free human when their obedience is demanded under threat of punishment.

Authority. Anyone who has been given some supra-unnatural power over others through some law or governing body. IE, politicians, judges, cops, regulatory enforcers and their ilk. No matter their mastery of some field, respecting a person who wields power that is unnatural is respect misplaced.

There's a lot of holes in this but I find the emotional reaction to respecting someone who has skills and knowledge or to someone trying to weigh down and press on me, to get me to respect my authority, is a fairly good snap shot gauge of either situation.

If it chafes and riles me then it's probably authority If it enlightens me, then it's probably a certain amount of respect.

*if someone says they'll give me knowledge for free I let them know that is not a balanced state of affairs. I insist on compensating them. IF they refuse I generally refuse to accept what they offer. In one way it's a form of stealing to take knowledge without returning something to the master.

 On another hand, the question must be asked "Is this person who is willing to give away knowledge really that good?"

Taking something from someone without some form of compensation, not always monetary, creates a karmic imbalance that must be rebalanced.

AGXIIK

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 10:22am (Reply to #21209)
HappyNow
Offline
-
Canada
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
1342
3102

Dupe

unintended duplication 

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 10:27am (Reply to #21210)
HappyNow
Offline
-
Canada
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
1342
3102

SilveryBlue wrote:Duuude.

SilveryBlue wrote:

Duuude. What exactly do you think happens?

I don't think @Fix WANTS or LIKES to SEE any of it, any more than I do.

Capiche?

85% is huge/large/off the scale by anyones measure, so be sure it WOULD affect you.

IF they are all sheep (I don't believe it) we get gone by tomorrow.

OK? Not OK? OK-ish?

How many sheep/cattle would you like to purchase by tomorrow to keep your ranch going?

10, 50, 600, 2000, 10K, ++?

I can see what happens. I agree Mr. Fix and all don’t want it, don’t want to see it.

But if you or he or anyone else thinks authority will ever go away you need to turn the critical thinking inward. I hadn’t seen Einstein’s quote before but now that I have I think he was incorporating a bigger picture that some here are missing.

Compounding the miss by refusing to consider that might be true is what? Closed minded? Blind pursuit? Cultish? Unthinking?

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 10:32am
Mr. Fix
Offline
-
NY
Joined: Jun 8, 2012
10819
63901

"Respect should be earned and never granted"

I made that statement as a very young child, because I saw the absurdity of granting respect to someone who demanded it, without earning it. I was beaten mercilessly with a belt.

Ruffian has often stated that my views have been shaped by unresolved childhood issues.

More bullshit. They have been resolved. I was right then, and I am right now. 

The underlying cause for this monumental human stupidity can be traced directly back to religion, which only serves the purpose of making people believe in the ridiculous notion of authority figures.

You can respect the authority of an imaginary sky daddy, who will cast you into an imaginary fiery inferno for all of eternity,

just as easily as you can respect the authority of some demonic piece of shit threatening to put you in a cage.

Same difference.

Cause and effect, the origins of human stupidity.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 10:48am (Reply to #21212)
HappyNow
Offline
-
Canada
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
1342
3102

Mr. Fix wrote:"Unthinking

Mr. Fix wrote:

"Unthinking respect for authority" is redundant.

I don't give a flying fuck what Einstein was implying when he made that statement, I am making my own.

Take 10 minutes and watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DxSKTSoA_E

A clear demonstration of unthinking respect for authority.

The only thing that makes authority inevitable, is the capacity for human stupidity to accept it.

Maybe you'd like to refresh your memory with the very, very first video ever posted on DOTS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6b70TUbdfs

Human stupidity on display.

lol. Ok so you don’t give a flying fuck now. You just used Einstein to justify the same basic rant we’ve seen before. Well who knows maybe someone new joined and had a new thought based on it. 

I didn’t look at the videos this time. If I comment you may say I am splitting hairs, or declare you don’t give s flying fuck about Nana, the Dots video and anything else that you use as a prop for your soapbox. Oh and I’ve seen the Milgram before....yes if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck, most people won’t taste its shit for verification. I’m oversimplifying but that’s to pull away from misuse of the point Milgram was making.

I’m picturing a lifeguard ordering people out of the pool. Authority on display. I know you can make the lifeguard a thug with a few well chosen words but it’s my picture.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 11:26am
Mr. Fix
Offline
-
NY
Joined: Jun 8, 2012
10819
63901

Principles before personalities.

Happy Now,

I posted an article from "Waking Times" Magazine, which if you took the time to read, was an essay dedicated to the sheer stupidity of human beings recognizing authority figures, without giving it any serious thought.

It was the author of that article that considered Einstein's quote relevant, and it was, I just copied and pasted the first paragraph.

I substantiate all of my assertions with the research I've done to acquire them. If you choose not to expose yourself to the research and quantifiable facts, you have made a choice to remain an ignorant fool.

This has nothing to do with Einstein, nothing to do with Nana, and nothing to do with you, or me.

I used the Milgram experiment as scientific documentation done using a scientific method to quantify the fact that human beings are quite capable of respecting authority without giving it any thought at all. It is highly relevant to the discussion, and completely backs up my interpretation of Einstein's statement.

You on the other hand, have offered absolutely nothing but your opinion as a counter argument.

Since you can't objectively substantiate your opinion, you may wish to apply some thought to your mental process, instead of regurgitating propaganda, and carefully reconsider your position.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 11:43am (Reply to #21214)
Online
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8172
47865

HappyNow wrote: I’m picturing

HappyNow wrote:

I’m picturing a lifeguard ordering people out of the pool. Authority on display. I know you can make the lifeguard a thug with a few well chosen words but it’s my picture.

A couple of years ago, I already did the lifeguard scenario at an ocean beach where people regularly drown. People routinely get in over there heads because they think they know better. There is a heavy cost, to the state and the people when they wash up on the beach because they didn't heed the warnings and have no idea how to swim in rip currents. So in this scenario, I agree with you However, The results of the discussion were 20 people: fuck the lifeguards, let them drown and give them freedom (freedom they never had which was an illusion. And 1 person, there is a middle ground-that's me. Maybe you'll fair better at the argument, but I'm usually very thorough in my arguments.

My opinion was and has been that humans give away their authority. I don't want somebody using their power over me, ie politician to take away my money, and freedom. So I agree with Fix on that.

However, I will defer to an authority, a dentist, a car mechanic, a market analyst or even a boss when they have more experience or wisdom than me. NO PROBLEMS. It's a pleasure to be in those circumstances. Unfortunately, authority in politics (elected offices) are few and far between. I'm having a hard time of thinking of one at the moment.

So really there are two discussions going on because I know Fix will listen to somebody when they have proven themselves to be experts.

I do like Fixes call to discussing these things with specificity and reasoning. Otherwise, it's waa, waa, waa, waa, responding to waa waa waa. Of course, I engage in waa waa waa waa (as you've noticed) to those who don't earn the respect of engaging at the level of intellectual prowess that this forum portents to support. It's hard to come to discovery when peole are arguing, I believe in bears, I do, I do, I do . 

Otherwise, I can be quite charming. 

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 11:50am
Online
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8172
47865

By the way, at some local

By the way, at some local beaches, after lifeguards leave. They have people that walk around with whistles telling people to get out of the water. The person gets out. The whistler moves on, and they go back in the water. So at the end of the day, they just ignore the authority anyway.

Of course, you can walk down to an isolate beach, without lifeguards and swim all you want. But if a lifeguard is on duty, (they are usually the best swimmers on the beach) than I'll listen to their instruction because they already identified the rip currents. But on really really rough days, they limit the size of the swimming area, and people are close together. But what happens is you can kicked in the face beause people are so close. That's when I ignore their authority but I don't do it infront of them. I just walk down the beach if I don't want to be kicked in the face because that sucks too. 

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 11:55am
I Run Bartertown
Offline
Joined: Oct 11, 2011
2680
0

Lost Slipper

Idiocracy: Your Shit's All Retarded (short version)
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 12:31pm
S Olsson
Offline
-
Ankeborg
Sweden
Joined: Dec 14, 2013
956
3813

King Sol-o-moon King

King Sol-o-moon

King Sol-ss-on

do you BEL-ieve me, the Light or be-LIE-ve me?

I am the special one but not the choosen one.

Do I suffer from hubris, no but I am addicted to the water of life, whisky haha, must visit Scotland some day. I will elaborate on the stuff mentioned when I get back home.

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 12:46pm
HappyNow
Offline
-
Canada
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
1342
3102

Mr. Fix I put forth

Mr. Fix I put forth this:

Authority is evil.

I offer as evidence Milgram’s experiment. Where the subject is people. The subject, what’s being studied, is not authorities.

Do you see the problem? 

Milgram is not an authority on authority. He is an authority on people’s response, conduct and the like.

In this case the authority was an evil one, because Milgram was attempting to show us all just how natural, normal it was to get sucked in by the Nazis.

What if another authority was introduced, let’s use your favourite, the man in blue, and he said ‘stop this at once, this scientist is a maniac, suspected of elder abuse and I need your help arresting him’.

Well we don’t know what would have happened. Some of the subjects certainly were ready to resist, and a leader, an au-thor-i-ty might just have helped them out of their mental conflict in a good way.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 1:01pm
Mr. Fix
Offline
-
NY
Joined: Jun 8, 2012
10819
63901

The things I do waiting for my Bondo to dry…

I'm actually spending this fine spring day under a beach umbrella in the snow, trying to repair some of the damage to my car from one of those wicked snowstorms last month. It is also good to come indoors and warm up occasionally.

Happy Now,

If you don't think Milgram was an expert on authority then you don't think.

His experiment was specifically designed to quantify how people become subservient to authority when they are obviously not even under any type of coercion. His experiments demonstrate the extreme danger, and immorality inherent with the belief in authority.

Guess what?

Authority is nothing but an illusion, because if no one is subservient to it, it doesn't exist at all.

Yes, there is a distinction as to whether an authority figure is actually an expert in his chosen profession or field, and can impart knowledge to those who seek it, I have sought out such people in my life, for the purpose of acquiring skill sets that I now use to earn a living.

That is such a different concept, it deserves an entirely different word, but unfortunately, our English language fails to make many differentiations, usually to create the exact kind of mine trap you seem to have fallen into.

In your piece of shit pig crashing a scientific experiment analogy, only a moron would think anyone was actually being hurt.

If you're actually knowledgeable on this topic, the "victim" was only an actor. No one was harmed.

Using an idiot pig, in an idiotic example, only demonstrates idiocy.

Belief in authority is the most dangerous superstition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg0zIvxwVaM

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 1:17pm
HappyNow
Offline
-
Canada
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
1342
3102

GL I’m close to where you are

GL I’m close to where you are on authority and have had the opportunity to regret each obeying and disobeying.

The lifeguard stories are insightful.

I used it because of a joke where I grew up that dileneated a difference between “Americans” and “Canadians”. Ruffian don’t look haha. The punch line is the Canadians all get out of the pool when asked. And depending where you live you may interpret as good, or bad. I liked that about the joke.

Thanks for taking it further, it does keep working.

————-

I know Scott Adams says analogies are weak. I like to use them, not bigly.

For some reason this is bringing to mind the ‘gun argument’. Authority is not bad, but there are bad people who carry authority. 

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 1:29pm (Reply to #21221)
HappyNow
Offline
-
Canada
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
1342
3102

Mr. Fix wrote:I'm actually

Mr. Fix wrote:

I'm actually spending this fine spring day under a beach umbrella in the snow, trying to repair some of the damage to my car from one of those wicked snowstorms last month. It is also good to come indoors and warm up occasionally.

Happy Now,

If you don't think Milgram was an expert on authority then you don't think.

His experiment was specifically designed to quantify how people become subservient to authority when they are obviously not even under any type of coercion. His experiments demonstrate the extreme danger, and immorality inherent with the belief in authority.

......

Snowing here too. In that way past when it should be sort of way.

Mr. Fix, GL may be right that there are now two subjects.

Im picking at your misuse of the science. Milgrave did not study what it takes to be accepted as authority, how to use authority to change the world for better, how to choose authority figures, etc. In that way it is an isolated experiment that shows only an evil authority.

I will give you this, it could support that evil authority influences people in an evil way but that’s as far as it carries.

I knew you wouldn’t like a cop in the role of a good guy. Maybe one day I’ll stop but I keep hoping your blindness is not permanent. The example is not idiotic, it would study the effect of a corrective authority.

And I am not an idiot.

So in the end I reject you as an authority on idiocy despite your time and experience in it.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Fri, Apr 6, 2018 - 1:56pm (Reply to #21222)
HappyNow
Offline
-
Canada
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
1342
3102

Mr. Fix wrote:I'm actually

Making use of a double post.

Maybe it wasn’t clear. The cop comes into the experiment as the original one is underway. You know the scene where the dude administering shocks is all upset and does not want to carry on. He is convinced to carry on, as we know. But what if in the moment of maximum conflict SuperCop shows up and says ‘stop at once in the name of the law!’ and then has some ask that will cause some fake pain for someone, although I guess they couldn’t be perceived as ‘guilty’ or deserving punishment, maybe just suspicious. Yes it’s difficult to come up with a design where a good authority gets a person to do something painful and conflicting but that’s not my job, just my idea.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate  Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Buying Gold

Recent Comments

by AngryCitizen, 13 min 48 sec ago
by marchas45, 52 min 42 sec ago
by Newager23, 56 min 42 sec ago
by SteveW, 57 min 39 sec ago
by marchas45, 58 min 6 sec ago
by marchas45, 59 min 42 sec ago
randomness