Fighting The Criminals

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 2:45pm

Let's start with an oldie but a goody. Just a reminder that we've been here several times before:

I hope you were able to check the very important update I posted this morning to the previous blog. If you missed it, here is one of the main points:

"The Evil Empire is trying their hardest to raid today but with copper, crude, stocks and grains all up, they're just not having any success at all. IF everything else can hold onto their gains for another hour or so, the EE will be forced to retreat to another day and the PMS will roll back up toward their overnight highs. Don't get ahead of yourself, however. The Forces of Darkness have accidentally "tipped their hand" this morning with the ineffective raids. This only means they are certain to try again as soon when conditions seem more favorable on their end."

I must admit that I figured they would wait until tomorrow but, of course, conditions are most favorable on The Globex when you have the entire battlefield to yourself. Doesn't matter really. Please understand that this was all coordinated. Obama talks right at 1:30 and the PMs are raided at 1:32, right after the pit closes in New York. This is not coincidence! Trade the PMs long enough and you will learn there are no coincidences. Never forget that these markets are manipulated for a reason.

As stated above, the EE tipped their hand this morning. They didn't anticipate the rallies in copper and crude which made their raids in the early morning futile. So, they just wait around until everyone goes home and they use O'bottom as cover to unload a bunch of metals contracts on the thinly-traded Globex. Same bullshit manipulation, different day.

paper_7-19pmgoldraid.jpgpaper_7-19pmsilvraid.jpg

They've now successfully painted an "Outside Reversal Day" on the daily 24-hour charts, too. This is not as important and significant as having one on the Comex chart but it is certainly a troubling development, nonetheless. From here, we'll need to look for a support level from which a couple of FUBMs can be built.

Silver is back under 39.50 and I have a last of 39.29. It needs to halt the slide here and get back above 39.45...pronto. IF it can, it should be able to rebuild and move back over 40 by later this week. IF not and Blythe is not finished pounding away, it could tumble all the way to 38.25 or so before catching a strong bid.

Gold is much the same. It's taken a beating but it should find stronger and stronger bids the closer it gets to 1580. Only a move down through 1578 and a close below there should give anyone pause to reconsider their longs.

I just want to close by saying "FU to Blythe. FU to JPM. FU to The Bernank. FU to O'bottom. FU to all TPTB". We know your game. You don't frighten us anymore. Your desperation only shows your weakness. You are losing. We are winning. It's only a matter of time.

Harald · Jul 19, 2011 - 11:12pm

Small town coin shop

Love the small town coin shop, i.e. black market coin shop. I hand him the fiat, he hands me the pm, end of transaction. He doesn't even know my name. He's cheaper than anyone else because he doesn't pay taxes but he doesn't have much selection because "he's cheaper than anyone else" and stuff doesn't stay in the store very long. If the feds ever find out about him he'll probably be facing the mother of all fines but that's the way he rolls.

Pale Green Horse · Jul 19, 2011 - 11:14pm

Buying without ID is over

@Zoltan, I was buying silver at 11 dollars, 18 dollars an ounce before Frank-Dodd, or any of that, or even Obama. It is the IRS, wanting to know how to figure capital gains, there is no new law, and is not a law, it is intimidation (They can't have competition with the FRN's or Wall Street.). The $14 an ounce I bought required no ID, then at $18 it was suddenly required. Bought at $36 and and it was taken down again. Now if you want to see some real intrusive stuff try buying over 10, 000 dollars at one time, a friend of mine tried it and it is worse than a TSA groping, so he backed down below.

My Silver broker don't ask for any SS# as long as you stay low. It is not to come confiscate your silver or gold, it is to apply capital gains tax,. Sell it back in small amounts, it will go unnoticed. This is why gold is not an option for me.

Turdle GG · Jul 19, 2011 - 11:14pm

Bullishness

Turdle: Santa et al are permabullish for the same fundamental reasons I am. There are, of course, always going to be corrections in paper price but the long term trend remains decidedly bullish.

The key, as a metals investor, is to ignore all the day-to-day bullshit like we saw again today. You buy dips, stack physical and rest well knowing you have done all you can to protect yourself from the eventual financial collapse.

Titus Andronicus Turdle GG · Jul 19, 2011 - 11:15pm

@Turdle RE: James Turk, Jim Sinclair, Sprott, KWN, Schiff, etc.

"Does anyone remember when any of them said now is not a good time to buy?"

And I sure wish I started listening 10 years ago.

I expect I'll be listening to them everyday for the next 10 years.

Those names and this site are the top names I follow every day. I've made a LOAD of money on their advice over the last 12 months. I've completely changed my financial situation during that time.

Are you net short?

Anonymous TF · Jul 19, 2011 - 11:23pm

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Turdle GG · Jul 19, 2011 - 11:25pm

Response to Turd, Titus and Markus

I am long, very long PMs (trading positions, stocks and physical). I have made a good amount of money following Turd (thankyou!), Jim Sinclair, James Turk, KWN, etc. Yes, I wish I was following them for 10 years instead of 1.

I've been long a big cap gold stock fund for 5 years, but only for vague reasons that I didn't even truly understand myself at the time. (I was too busy trying to make money trading other things for my previous employer, may it rest in peace...)

It was only about a year and and half ago that I truly was enlightened to the full story about the monetary system, and of course the story about silver, of which I had been totally ignorant.

My point was that those guys are bullish for good reason, because of the fundamentals, but that they often present their views as if this time, right now, is the time to buy, whether we've just had a 10% rally, or a 10% sell-off. I suppose I'm looking for more granular advice, that's why I like Turd for trading. Santa and the other guys are just there for ongoing reassurance.

Prize Fighter · Jul 19, 2011 - 11:25pm

That was a pointless post by

That was a pointless post by Krugman. Quite telling actually in it's pointlessness. What about all the people who think Krugman's a genius who he just turned off of sound money because of some stupid diamond comment? Diamonds? WTF. And Beck talks his book? Surely not! The shame. Calling someone out for talking their book while talking one's own book? I guess that's politics in a nutshell.

Hey Krugman! What about eTrade babies or CNBC/GE or CNN or virtually EVERYTHING else which tells people to buy bullshit by leading people astray under false presumptions? But gold.....why that's the devil's metal! Sometimes logic and intelligence completely fail me and I just want to punch people like that right in the piehole.

We are taking names you fuckers!

Vypuero · Jul 19, 2011 - 11:37pm

$10,000 rule

This is for CASH ONLY - and applies to buying anything - a car, for instance. So yes for big buys I do use a check, but no reporting is required for such purchases any more than any other item you buy from a retail establishment.

maravich44 TF · Jul 19, 2011 - 11:52pm

Leaders

For some reason I flashed back to your thoughts of July 4th. Where are our leaders? Shameful at best. Do we even have one? How did we go from Washington,Jefferson,Franklin and all this enlightenment into this fog? Raul Duke.

ragandbone · Jul 19, 2011 - 11:55pm

Cup and handle for silver

No I'm not talking about your family silverware !!

Look at the silver chart and imagine that the price of silver moves back to $50 in the next few weeks... ( this will be the cup ) a fairly symetrical semi-circle shaped like a bowl. As we can be fairly confident the EE will defend $50 with gusto they will likely succeed in sending silver back down to $42... this will form the handle. Those of you who know such formations on charts will equally understand how bullish this formation is and will likely put silver on a trajectory up to $80 before another meaningful pullback is in place.

This scenario to me seems quite likely under the backdrop of all the debt issues etc. Gold already had a cup and handle last year this time I think its Silvers turn... Lets hope so...

Regards

Adam

SilverWealth · Jul 19, 2011 - 11:58pm

Krugman and Confiscation

Krugman is a prototypical bar mitvah boy who ass-licked his way up the ladder. I had to endure dweebs like this in Hebrew school besides having to endure Hebrew and a constant stream of rank Zionism. So much for Krugman. Rubin,Krugman,Bernanke,Summers - I knew all these types. Kids that picked boogers out of their noses and were the first to raise their hands when dumb propaganda was foisted their way. Ugly,dwarfish and pathetically unmanly with a whole life ahead to prove otherwise.

Regarding confiscation. If it happens a huge Black Market in metals will erupt just as it did with booze in the 30s. There will then be alot of violence as Homeleand Security goons(S.A. troopers) attempt to enforce the law.

Also if that were to happen there would probably emerge a subcult of bankster hunters. Robin Hoods really. Guys who had finally had enough of the King's tyranny and robberies. I am nonviolent myself but lots of guys who are into metals are also into heavy metal, know what I mean? I would hate to see that develop and hopefully would be long out of the country before it ever transpired. Lets pray for some peace and good fortune to all of you.

Eric Original · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:00am

I tipped ya JoeKa!! If only

I tipped ya JoeKa!!

If only for coming out from hiding in your hidden bacon bunker of doom over there in pailin's corner!

Eric Original · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:11am

maravich

Any time either Doctor My Eyes or Runnin' on Empty come on the radio, I crank it!!

Me and the missus (Mrs. Eric #1) went to his concert once. About all I remember of it is being steaming drunk and screaming for Doctor My Eyes the whole damn time. He finally played it for the last song. It was the second encore. I think....

Video unavailable
brokeboater Eric Original · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:12am

Double down

>> I bought my first ounce at $400. Doubled Down at $300.

When did gold go from $400 to $300?

maravich44 · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:13am

Jackson Browne.....The Fuse

Hey Bro if you have some CD's around, this is bound to be on one of them. Be sure to check out the lyrics.

Turdle GG · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:13am

EricOriginal

Can't you stay away? cheeky

SilverLeaf · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:20am

Interesting chart analysis of today's EE manipulation

By "brotherjohn", who's well respected on the Kitco forums.

He makes the case that someone dumped 50,000 contracts (250 million ounces of silver, equivalent to $10 billion dollars worth of metal) in one minute. He shows on the volume chart that some people clearly knew the raid was coming and and front ran the sale. 250 million ounces was roughly 1/3 of all silver mined worldwide in a year (or 5x the silver mined in the US).

He also overlays the gold chart and illustrates that both metals were trading in tandem all day. They didn't raid gold. They raided silver at 2:03 with a huge volume spike at 2:08. They didn't need to raid gold, because the gold price followed silver down. His conclusion: the EE is desperate, and silver is going astronomically higher. Keep stacking.

I guess we should be impressed the price only dropped $1 in the face of that degree of manipulation.

Prize Fighter · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:25am

Jackson Browne!  Co-wrote my

Jackson Browne! Co-wrote my all time favorite song with Glenn Frey. These guys actually lived in the same apartment building back in the day. "Hey Jackson, what ya working on? 'Oh, just got the first verse to this song but don't know where to take it.' Hmmmmm, how about... I was standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona, such a fine sight to see....it's a girl my lord in a flatbed Ford slowing down to take a look at me?"

And now you know.....the rrrrrest of the story cool

Jackson Browne,Linda Ronstadt with Eagles - Take It Easy

Lighten up while you still can.
Don't even try to understand.
Just find a place to make your stand,
and take it eeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy!

Eric Original · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:26am

When did gold go from $400 to $300?

Was buying in the mid 90's. I think maybe spot was more like 350-380, but with premium, etc I know I was paying around 400 for Double Eagles. Then of course it bottomed out around 250ish around 2002?

Eric Original · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:27am

GG

Actually, just wanted to check in before bed, make sure nobody was mad at me.

ReachWest Pining 4 the Fjords · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:27am

Turd Swag from UrbanDictionary.com - Too Funny

@ Pining4theFjords: That's pretty funny - didn't notice the link to buy merchandise - I would be tempted to buy some of that too - (the FUBM Shirt looks good) - but alas, since the Turd isn't benefiting I won't be buying.

Eric Original · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:33am

Prize Fighter

Yeah, with all this stuff about PM's and home preps, etc I sometimes think we are all just trying to find a place to make our stand. That's what I think of when I hear that song. But it's also cranked!!

Oh, but also thinking about girls too! :D

Eric Original · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:35am

nite all.  I promise, no 3 am

nite all. I promise, no 3 am posts tonight. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Titus Andronicus · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:39am

King World News JUST added a James Turk interview!

I think the interview was yesterday. Maybe this morning. (Silver was still over $40.)

maravich44 Eric Original · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:42am

Thoughts@Eric Original.

Let me guess. For Everyman.

Teach · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:44am

Bitchin, just bitchin

I tolerate the criminal actions of the banksters...because I don't know how to effect change at that macro level. I save my dollars and me and the wife convert them into coins and bars when we have the chance and we save pretty darned seriously. We live small and try to value and live the good ole boy code. What I find hard to tolerate is the outright psychopathic immorality of these monied corporate/political whores. The Gulf of Mexico, Fukushima, Greece, Libya, TSA, Gun running feds, Palestine, Radiation in the rain, Murdoch: When does it stop? Or more like, when does the shooting start? Go ahead, Make My Day...Just ranting? When do the midnight visits begin, and when do people start shooting? Long on lead and pissed right fucking off. (And this is from a socialist, hippy oriented gardener who spent 20 years speaking for the system.)

Tesla · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:45am

Hi Eric O

Missed the conversation about US minted vs other and confiscation. I'm not rich enough to own much gold (have like a fraction of oz only) but when it comes to silver its mostly Canadian with a small smattering of other keeper non-US coins and a few chunks of scrap. I do own three ASE's and a few Peace and Morgans. But I'm looking at them sideways lately and will dump them first chance I get for some nice OLD Canadian silver dollars preferably or if not I'll settle for a few Balboa or Peso.

I like coins that have history too. Always enjoy you posts in that regard =]

Prize Fighter · Jul 20, 2011 - 12:54am

Raul Duke?  HST reference I

Raul Duke? HST reference I believe. +million

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

God's Own Prototype - "Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die" - Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas
maravich44 Prize Fighter · Jul 20, 2011 - 1:00am

HST

just a roadman for The Lords Of Karma.

ginger · Jul 20, 2011 - 1:10am

Shoot. I missed Joe Ka.

Shoot. I missed Joe Ka. ....And we really don't get to see him much down here on Main Street as he's busy tradin' away the hours up in Pailin's Corner.

Joe Ka...... Very nice to see you here sir.. I would visit you in The Corner more often but I look enough like a dummy here! If I tried to get involved with a trading thread y'all would laugh me out of the place.

.....and .....if I remember correctly back from the old blog...... .. you should *definitely* consider staying away from that Indian food ...and especially if there's anyone else around after you eat it... :D :D

Don't Be A Stranger!!