Fighting The Criminals

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 2:45pm

Let's start with an oldie but a goody. Just a reminder that we've been here several times before:

I hope you were able to check the very important update I posted this morning to the previous blog. If you missed it, here is one of the main points:

"The Evil Empire is trying their hardest to raid today but with copper, crude, stocks and grains all up, they're just not having any success at all. IF everything else can hold onto their gains for another hour or so, the EE will be forced to retreat to another day and the PMS will roll back up toward their overnight highs. Don't get ahead of yourself, however. The Forces of Darkness have accidentally "tipped their hand" this morning with the ineffective raids. This only means they are certain to try again as soon when conditions seem more favorable on their end."

I must admit that I figured they would wait until tomorrow but, of course, conditions are most favorable on The Globex when you have the entire battlefield to yourself. Doesn't matter really. Please understand that this was all coordinated. Obama talks right at 1:30 and the PMs are raided at 1:32, right after the pit closes in New York. This is not coincidence! Trade the PMs long enough and you will learn there are no coincidences. Never forget that these markets are manipulated for a reason.

As stated above, the EE tipped their hand this morning. They didn't anticipate the rallies in copper and crude which made their raids in the early morning futile. So, they just wait around until everyone goes home and they use O'bottom as cover to unload a bunch of metals contracts on the thinly-traded Globex. Same bullshit manipulation, different day.

paper_7-19pmgoldraid.jpgpaper_7-19pmsilvraid.jpg

They've now successfully painted an "Outside Reversal Day" on the daily 24-hour charts, too. This is not as important and significant as having one on the Comex chart but it is certainly a troubling development, nonetheless. From here, we'll need to look for a support level from which a couple of FUBMs can be built.

Silver is back under 39.50 and I have a last of 39.29. It needs to halt the slide here and get back above 39.45...pronto. IF it can, it should be able to rebuild and move back over 40 by later this week. IF not and Blythe is not finished pounding away, it could tumble all the way to 38.25 or so before catching a strong bid.

Gold is much the same. It's taken a beating but it should find stronger and stronger bids the closer it gets to 1580. Only a move down through 1578 and a close below there should give anyone pause to reconsider their longs.

I just want to close by saying "FU to Blythe. FU to JPM. FU to The Bernank. FU to O'bottom. FU to all TPTB". We know your game. You don't frighten us anymore. Your desperation only shows your weakness. You are losing. We are winning. It's only a matter of time.

Shill
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:02pm

DPH

They may outlaw Gold and Silver possession, But then they will have to come and get it now won't they. At that stage of the game I question my purpose and question whether I want to be a slave or a hero among the few.

I fear no man, and will never give up what is mine without a fight, even if it means my expiration. Our forefather wrote of Tyranny and your witnessing it.

murphy Shill
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:11pm

@shill

well said Shill. Major hat tip to you

Count me and my friends in too. Springfield, Kahr and Kimber

SilverTree
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:16pm

0bama tax mathematician

How Obama will figure your taxes Kentucky Math
Dakini Eric Original
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:18pm

Love the Irishman

Well, I hat tipped you for the great vid!

Yer mahn, the Irish fella has got the right crack down!

Pale Green Horse
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:19pm

Silver Raiding

I don't under stand while people fear silver confiscation and are "stacking" it. They are not going to do it, the private market is so small it would do no good and show their hand that the government has lost confidence in the the currency they , um "we" back with full faith and credit. Not going to happen in my opinion. What is Joe CNBC watcher going to think about his money if they do that?

Eric Original Shill
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:20pm

I'm with you Shill

Outlawing it is one thing. Coming door to door for it is quite ​another. I'm loaded for bear.

Say it with me class. "twelve gauge" "double ought buck" "rifled slug"

Not my normal topic of conversation. Maybe it's the Crown Royal talkin'.

It's a rockin' Tuesday evening. Almost time for "Deadliest Catch". yes

Getting all bent out of shape about gold going from 1610 to 1590? F*ck it, I bought my first ounce at $400. Doubled Down at $300. :D

Dr G Igiveup2
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:21pm

@Igiveup2

Igiveup2, I feel for you, I do. I've been there, done that. I don't anymore. I got smart.

See, your problem is that you are trying to trade a rigged market. You are playing a paper game with fiat. It's too frustrating. Ignore that and keep stacking physical.

When stacking physical half of me wants the price to go down so I can get more cheaper than I could the day the before. The other half of me is so happy to hold that shiny stuff and know that I have it and it isn't going anywhere. Stacking physical is a win. Trying to win paper fiat by betting on paper silver (or leveraged ETFs like you are) isn't worth it. Unfortunately, it's retarded.

Some of you may be like Pavlov's dogs, but there are a lot of us here in Turdland that are sticking to only physical assets now. Those aren't being raped from us in EE raids. We still get angry because it's illegal and dirty, but we aren't Pavlov's dogs. Don't lump us into that category.

As I said earlier, I got 100 oz today for much cheaper than I could have yesterday. I like that.

Rui
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:21pm

Read this from Agora Financial news letter

Maybe just a scare, maybe not. Would like to see if you guys have similar experiences in local coin shops. Agora's 5 min letter is not a bad one BTW.

=============================================================================

“I went to my favorite coin and bullion dealer to purchase some silver today,” writes a reader in Omaha. “For the first time since I started buying gold and silver from this dealer seven years ago, he asked me for identification.”

“I laughed at first, saying, ‘You know me, I’ve bought and sold gold and silver from you for years now.’”

“He didn’t smile back and said, ‘I need a picture ID with your address on it, so I’m only taking driver’s licenses.’”

“I said, ‘Really, what if I can’t produce a driver’s license?’”

“He said, ‘Then I lose a sale.’” “So for the first time ever, I pulled out my driver’s license and handed it to the dealer, who copied it to the receipt of the silver purchase I had just made. I asked him what he was going to do with my personal information.”

“He said that he ‘will keep it on file.’” “I asked him, ‘Why do you need that information now when it wasn’t required before today?’”

“He looked at me like I was crazy and said, ‘What do you think? Some new federal law is forcing me to keep track of all silver and gold sales and purchases. Look, I don’t like this any more that you do, but I go out of business if I don’t comply.’”

“When I got home, I called two other dealers I have done business with in the past, and they all said the same thing. None of them could name the law, which I suspect is the Dodd-Frank bill.”

“The fact that I have to show ID to purchase or sell gold or silver from now on not only pisses me off but it chills me to the bone that it is only one short step to requiring everyone to show ID when purchasing anything.”

ClinkinKY
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:23pm

I Didn't Know That China And India Watched Glen Beck

Douchebag Paul Krugman has it all figured out about the price of gold. Honestly, and he gets paid to write this stuff.

Dyna mo hum Shill
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:23pm

Shill my friend

I agree with you 100%. Hot lead is a remarkable metal. It has altered many a mindset.

Dr G Shill
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:25pm

Well-said. And, I'll add,

Well-said.

And, I'll add, that should they ever go door to door to come and get it, it won't work. Too many of us with firepower and let's face it, those idiots at the door would take most of it for themselves anyway. If the country is so bad that they governmint wants our PMs, do you think those minimum-wage peons at the door aren't going to pocket it for themselves?

And further, they have to 1) know I have it and 2) find it before they are getting. Good luck with that.

silverbleve
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:26pm

yes pale green horse

I don't know why people keep bringing up confiscation, less than 1% of the population has any PM's to confiscate, and the ones that do probably don't have enough to justify the expense of paying IRS agents to drive out to their house, also the people with metal tend to have a lot of guns as you can see from the comments above.

One last thing (I promise) people who have metal are paranoid enough that they tend to keep the paper trail to a minimum. So good luck even trying to find out who to try to confiscate it from.

Don't be afraid. That kind of fear is irrational.

LongGoldLongSilver
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:31pm

I'm pissed as well

I'm pissed as well! Just when things started looking rosy with gold above 1600 and silver smashing through 40. Well, can't see how they are gonna hold it back for long. The new exchange in China opening on Friday will suck a lot of silver out of the market. Wonder where it's gonna come from? https://af.reuters.com/article/metalsNews/idAFL3E7II0W920110718

stoneeh
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:37pm

So much for TA and momentum

So much for TA and momentum trading - wasn't it that over 39,5 and especially 40 silver would have a very bullish chart and was sure to go up?

I spent my fiat on my car and a few other goodies recently (and Tesla's cat rescue hehe), I never decided to just give it to the banks as a present by following charts.

Btw OI still at 115 as of yesterday with a 40$+ close - silver is obviously in very strong hands right now, hardly anybody bought this rallye.

- Markus

Dakini WYO Silver
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:38pm

3000 Subscribers ~ Clapping Hands for the Turd!

…amid a flock of pigeons that I think of today as being like so many slaps in the face, whereas they seemed to me at the time like a foretaste of a thousand clapping hands. ~ Jean Cocteau

petersburggray
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:39pm

Exchange Stabilization Fund/debt ceiling increase

"At the White House, the president warned that financial markets could soon begin to post worrisome losses unless gridlock is broken and the nation's $14.3 trillion debt limit raised."

I'll bet there will be big declines in the market unless the debt ceiling is raised pronto. If this stalemate between the executive and legislative is not resolved right away with a debt ceiling increase, the ESF will begin liquidating its assets so as to fund domestic social programs and foreign bombing runs. Zero balance ESF slush fund = no gold swaps, no currency swaps, no CIA black ops around the world. Zero balance ESF = no more money outside of Congressional oversight to manipulate markets. Zero balance ESF = no more money outside of Congressional oversight to install and support brutal dictatorships in foreign lands.

Shill
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:47pm
¤
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:50pm

A New Amendment for Budgets?

Lindsey Graham's been mentioning it and now this news just comes out.

Obama will veto this or so he says.

treefrog
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:53pm

an oldie but a goodie

• “The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”

Senator Barack Obama, March 2006

ipse dixit

¤ treefrog
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:53pm

Obama soundbite on debt ceiling

You can bet the Repubs and whomever else will be playing that sound bite over and over until the next election.

Save_America1st
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:57pm

New Schiff interview on KingWorldNews now...

Silver Will Eventually Trade Over $200 zombies...

Just passing it on since it's brand new...

Keep stackin' the phyzz no matter what folks!!!

Thanks for everything Turd!!!

¤
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:58pm

Cheers! Time for a Beer!

Just raised my Labatt Blue to all of you....enjoy the classic scene :-P

Video unavailable
Shill
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:59pm
jackinrichmond
Jul 19, 2011 - 9:04pm

btfd

when it's below $40, i buy and when it's above $40, i smile. ..either way, it's another good day in the silver market.

don't let the criminals get to you. we all know the fundamentals or we wouldn't be here.

a supply-side failure is eminent..

just for fun, familiarize yourself with the nickel default in '96.

Pale Green Horse
Jul 19, 2011 - 9:09pm

The sad state we are in.

We have the working poor living from paycheck to paycheck with virtually no savings and their money being devalued by a bunch of criminal bankers and politicians. We have a middle class and upper middle class with savings living in fear of these same criminals and have turned them into hedgers or day trading gamblers, knowing their money is losing value every year with negative interest rates and the fear of the stock market Armageddon in their 401k's ect...

All the time telling us everything is going to be alright, while the collective conscious of the masses know it's not. I can't figure out who they are fooling, but many people are living in fear of the immediate as well as the long term future.

Something has to change and now; and it's not giving more money to the Depression Duo of bankers and politicians to run more wars and scams to satiate their Satanic greed.

Save_America1st
Jul 19, 2011 - 9:16pm

Why the Balanced Budget Amendment is a Hoax and a Deadly Trap

This is how they will finally destroy the Constitution...the Balanced Budget Amendment will be the end.

Excerpt:

What Would We Get From the BBA ?

In plain English, this is what the 10 Sections of the BBA mean [but read it yourself it's very short]:

Section 1: They won’t spend more than they take in unless they vote to spend more than they take in.

Section 2: They won’t spend more than 18% of the GDP unless they vote to spend more than 18% of the GDP.

Section 3: The President will write the budget: He will designate the taxes, and what the money will be spent on. He won’t spend more than he decides to tax you for, and he won’t spend more than 18% of the GDP. The GDP is a computation made by the Bureau of Economic Analysis in the Department of Commerce, an agency under the control of the President. [Do you see? The President controls the agency which computes the number which limits his spending.]

Section 4: Congress won’t make a law raising your taxes unless they vote to raise your taxes.

Section 5: Congress won’t raise the debt limit unless they vote to raise the debt limit.

Sections 6 & 7: Congress can waive the above provisions of the BBA (except for Sec. 4 which says they can’t raise your taxes unless they vote to raise your taxes) when there is a declared war or a “military conflict” which they think justifies their waiving the above provisions of the BBA.

Section 8: Courts can’t order your taxes to be raised. [But you can bet your life that this section, together with section 3, will be seen to authorize the President to order that your taxes be raised.]

Section 9: I leave this to others to explain. But be assured the President’s minions will define stuff however he wants; make stuff “off-budget” or “on-budget” to fit his agenda.

Section 10: Congress can make laws to enforce the BBA, and can rely on numbers provided by the President who is to be given constitutional authority to order tax increases & decide how to spend the money.

jackinrichmond
Jul 19, 2011 - 9:25pm

hong kong exchange

is it possible for north americans to use the new silver & gold exchanges ?

it sure would be great to be able to buy after the comex/globex closes.

Eric Original
Jul 19, 2011 - 9:27pm

Final tally on silly hat tips

Signing off for the the evening. Just thought I'd summarize.

Original post about why hat tips are silly and I don't care anymore: 56 hat tips

Joke post about getting hat tips: 7 hat tips

Response and kudos to GoodDoc: 6 hat tips

That Irishman video where I expressly said "don't hat tip it!": 21 hat tips (WTF?)

Substantive post to kliguy about options: 3 hat tips

Dylan video: 2 hat tips

Hi Irene!!: 0 hat tips

Substantive post to Tesla about confiscation of US mint products: 4 hat tips

gun totin', alcohol fueled response to Shill: 2 hat tips

Total hat tips: 101

Total resulting from substantive posts that actually added something to the blog: 7

7 out of 101 from stuff that actually added to the discussion. 21 from a post that specifically said "don't hat tip it!"

Now you see why I don't care anymore. And you've already made me miss half of "Deadliest Catch"!!

Turdle GG
Jul 19, 2011 - 9:35pm

@jackinrichmond - trading HKMEx contracts on gold and silver

Looks like you may be able to trade through an Interactive Brokers account, as it is a member:

Info on the new silver contract, which starts trading this Friday (HK time):

FogHorn LegHorn Igiveup2
Jul 19, 2011 - 9:36pm

I feel your pain Igiveup2

Having made the same painful trades on past occasions. I maintain a core of Miners warrants etc. I then follow the options expirys and charts for patterns of attacks, read, Turd -Harvey -Jesse- Dan -Gene -Santa -ZH- Gata- Ed steer and everyone else including the comments (very informative)- till you develope your own" gut".Then trade only the portion of your account your willing to loose on options.Adding the latest part of My proprietary trading system, buying puts, as a hedge fully expecting to loose the full hedge amount. When your "up" take a little off the table so you have dry powder always! And now, You will have achieved the full measure of My trading abilities and can now officially call yourself a" piss poor trader". That said I do make some dough. I Wish you well and hope this makes your pain a little better:D ps you probably already know all this stuff.It takes Me so long to type I just read your second post. Glad you've got dry powder.I sold longs, bought shorts till I find a re entry point happy trading.

1/15 8:30 am ET Producer Price Index
1/15 8:30 am ET Empire State Mfg. Index
1/16 8:30 am ET Retail Sales
1/16 8:30 am ET Import Price Index
1/17 8:30 am ET Housing Starts
1/17 8:30 am ET Philly Fed
1/18 9:15 am ET Capacity Utilization and Ind. Prod.

1/7 10:00 ET ISM Services Index