Blythe and Ruprecht Return

Sat, Jul 16, 2011 - 8:05pm

No introduction necessary.

The Wicked Witch Returns

And, if you're new here, you should really take 8 minutes and watch this one, also. It was #2 in the ongoing "series".

The Wicked Witch Explains Her Motives.mp4

The metals popped at the open. August gold printed $1599.20 and silver is well over the critical 39.50 level. Let's see what our Asian friends can do for us overnight! TF

p.s. If you have time for one more video, this is still the all-time #1, reigning champion:

Part 1- JP Morgan Silver Manipulation Explained

Does Feb19 Comex gold close above $1250 on Friday?
76%
24%
Total votes: 193

TheGoodDoctor · Jul 18, 2011 - 1:03am

@Tesla Are you good at

@Tesla Are you good at PhotoShop? That weightlifting guy looks like he could use a few gold Krugs coming out of his ahem "stance" shall we say? cheeky

Dr G TheGoodDoctor · Jul 18, 2011 - 1:17am

I think that 40.07 was an ask

I think that 40.07 was an ask price, and I don't see it on any charts. It's a moot issue anyways. I'm off to bed and silver will be over 40.50 when I wake up.

maravich44 · Jul 18, 2011 - 1:29am

Highs so far

It's 1:25 in this grimy city that I live in and I see G@$1597.34 & S@$39.96.

Tesla · Jul 18, 2011 - 1:49am

I'll see you all on the other side

(a quick hack job for Krugman Krugerand squeeze - sorry past my bed time - might mess w/ 2mrw =)

Good night all

Tesla · Jul 18, 2011 - 1:52am

Stoneeh ROCKS Too!!!

Thanks Markus!smiley

tankerfirstofficer · Jul 18, 2011 - 3:27am

1601 printed on yellow; 40.08 on white...

Now that we've broken 1600 on the yellow and 40 on the white, things appear rather odd. It almost seems a little too "set-up." That just might be my justified paranoia talking though.

Later this morning will certainly tell all... either that, or the 4:00am EST trading frenzy will.

I wonder if they'll permit this to run well north before the next smackdown. We'll see if that's so as well.

Irene · Jul 18, 2011 - 3:51am

So far, I'm only seeing gold

So far, I'm only seeing gold high at $1599.87 on NetDania. Silver $40.05.

If memory serves, when silver was last breaking $40, kitco had it stalled at $39.99 like forever. Caused us all a bit of stress. Would it or wouldn't it? Good times. Good times. ;)

Irene · Jul 18, 2011 - 3:52am

Hit enter twice. My bad.

Hit enter twice. My bad.

tankerfirstofficer Irene · Jul 18, 2011 - 4:10am

Irene... Sorry, August/September Contracts for Au/Ag...

Sorry Irene, I'm trading the near contract (August) for gold, and the September contract for silver.

Neither of these is the "spot price," but they're both close enough.

I believe silver isn't immune from being abused further, so don't pop corks on the bubbly yet. I would like to see this build support in the 40s for a while before resuming an uptrend. Both metals give the Fed a massive shiner. I'm certain this isn't appreciated, and their behavior isn't exactly going to suddenly become civil as a result of all of this.

Just my opinion... thanks for reading.

Hillsie · Jul 18, 2011 - 4:17am

Tickling 1600/40

Looks like were poised for a run through 1600/40 today. Lets hope that the EE are now on the long side and debt fears give us a boost into the debt ceiling raise and QE3 ;-)

Hillsie · Jul 18, 2011 - 4:27am
mastercylinder · Jul 18, 2011 - 4:41am

McDuck in the House

You may now get dressed, walk slowly out of the house, proceed to the street, and then

DUCKWALK

Boswell · Jul 18, 2011 - 4:52am
GoldMania3000 · Jul 18, 2011 - 5:07am

Turk and Rule

Has anyone commented or provide some thanks to James Turk and Rick Rule who actually were the only few that called for PM's to have a summer unlike any other summer. Turk has called the moves before when everyone else was like "this is doom" for PMs. Most people said we are having the summer blues, but he said otherwise. He see's where the money is going and while the technicals are important where the money is going is equally or even more important.

I love Turd to, but you did say where were going to have the summer blues too.. That's ok, we all can't know everything. My point would be let's focus on the longer term vs. the day or week or month ahead. I read some of these posting and it's like the world is going to end when silver is off for the day or two.

Hillsie · Jul 18, 2011 - 5:13am

Trading

PeaceSilver, Youre right but Turd and his site are more Micro economic trading based technical rather than James' Macro economic "big picture". I like to have an over view of all opinions from short term technical for trading to long term picture for investment.

I think like Turk that this is a paradigm shift in relation to PMs and their role in the current climate.

GoldMania3000 · Jul 18, 2011 - 5:39am

Good Point Hillsie!  I do too

Good Point Hillsie! I do too like all the opinions...and TURD is the one of the best at the technicals that I've seen.

Hillsie · Jul 18, 2011 - 6:40am

Take Off

With Silver clearing the $40 "tower" I'm predicting a rapid acceleration to $42 then $44 by the end of the week.

illyasviel · Jul 18, 2011 - 6:42am

So will we likely see a raid

So will we likely see a raid today? Or is the PMs progressing to fast with too much strength for the EE to do any damage?

Hillsie · Jul 18, 2011 - 6:50am

COT report

My view is they will let it ride today and tomorrow and start the manipulation after the COT report is compiled on Tuesday, seems to have been their "MO" so far.....

paulindoon · Jul 18, 2011 - 8:27am

Silver Futures - launching 22July in HK

I don't believe there has been a posting re the new Ag Futures Exc as reported vthis AM via Reuters Africa:

Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange to launch silver futures on July 22

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:47am GMT Link: https://af.reuters.com/article/metalsNews/idAFL3E7II0W920110718
SilverWealth · Jul 18, 2011 - 8:32am

trading metals

getting some good waterfall action now. Trading metals short term is funny. So much of it is about when the criminal cartel enters and when they exhaust themselves. This is all. Its really pure gambling since no one knows when the Monkeys will attack. But it does very often provide great buying ops as long as one keeps them small and in increments. One never knows when a 10 pt waterfall turns into 100 pts. What's coming is from 10 pts to 250 pts up and down. And maybe gdxj to 200. Now that would be nice.

But they will tax all this 90%. They will change the rules until there is some kind of revolution. They will confiscate. This to me is becoming more and more likely. No way they let the little guy off the ship and onto to the lifeboats with the filthy,fat-assed aristocrats.

Tesla · Jul 18, 2011 - 8:45am

GOOD morning

Glad I woke up in time to see 1600 / 40 print

...oh yeah and the predictable 8am beat down - what else could we expect?

I still see all time high of 1600 Au as a major victory for the good guys and a strong indication of future direction don't you??? It would be great to see this move higher today but just breaking through is a really HUGE in and of itself move. Silver sticking above 40 - THAT is STRONG =]

...Oh sure as soon as I post it slips under a hair - Blythe sucks

murphy · Jul 18, 2011 - 8:48am

European Bank stress tests

I'm sure not news to most, but in todays WSJ. With the positive results that less than 5% of the banks failed the test, all is well in Euro banking. But if you read to the bottom the bottom of the article you see a little disclaimer below. No wonder it takes them so long to do these tests. They have to come up with just the right parameters to make them look credible. Remember, always judge a banker on what they do and not what they say.

"While the tests did consider the impact of an economic downturn on banks' portfolios of loans and nonsovereign debt in Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain, many critics complained that the tests were overly benign. For example, the EBA's worst-case scenario for Portugal envisioned an 11.6% unemployment rate this year, rising to 12.9% in 2011. The unemployment rate there is currently 12.4%.

The stress-test figures actually understate some banks' holdings of loans in certain troubled countries. That is because the European Banking Authority required banks to disclose their loan holdings in countries only if they represent more than 5% of the bank's total loan exposures.

As a result, some banks opted not to disclose details of their loan portfolios.

For example, Lloyds Banking Group PLC is in the process of shutting down its Irish banking business, which has cost the big British bank billions of pounds in loan losses. But in its stress-test materials on Friday, Lloyds didn't provide a breakdown of loans to countries other than the U.K. and the U.S. A Lloyds spokeswoman said the bank's Irish loans are included in a catch-all category marked "other."

I Wazere · Jul 18, 2011 - 9:05am

Hallmark gone bad ...

So your daughter's a hooker

and it spoiled your day,

Look at the bright side

it's really good pay.

SilverTree · Jul 18, 2011 - 9:07am
Tesla · Jul 18, 2011 - 9:09am

IWazare - LOL

Your a riot!

murphy · Jul 18, 2011 - 9:13am

from Rick Ackerman this morning

I think he is referring to Turk and Sinclair. I would throw our Turd in there as well.

"Of course, it is increasingly bullish expectations that have made bullion’s evasive moves more and more challenging. Were it otherwise, anyone could get rich simply by betting on the favorite. And talk about favorites! What could be more inevitable and obvious than gold’s continued rise? Amidst a paper-money blowout the likes of which the world has never before witnessed, and the looming revelation that hundreds of trillions of dollars of global debt can never be repaid in hard cash, we can only assume gold will continue higher, right? Indeed. But no matter how obvious all of this may seem, gold and silver will continue to challenge our expectations. And our nerves. Fortunately, there are a few precious-metals bulls out there who are fearless in reiterating their seemingly insane bull-market targets every time bullion quotes get smashed. Cherish these guys and trust what they say. But always verify. Even though we are pretty confident ourselves that they’re going to be right, their nonchalance in the face of harrowing and sometimes hellacious downdrafts does not come naturally to us. We’d prefer to forecast this bull market one Hidden Pivot target at a time. Speaking of which the next for August Gold – a target we feel completely comfortable with and confident in — lies at precisely 1652.00."

LaMachinna · Jul 18, 2011 - 9:14am

Good morning Turdites..

In honor of our gray mare.............

¤ · Jul 18, 2011 - 9:25am

How cool is this?

$1600 and $40 at pretty much the same time. What a great way to start the week!

A serious EE attack has to be in the works shortly buit for now gold is bouncing at $5 a clip and seems to want to hold onto $1600 and silver almost seems to have found a floor of $40 at the moment and is swinging in chunks of $.50

How cool is this?

Blue Sky · Jul 18, 2011 - 9:27am

Silver Bullet

Great video Turd and loved the talking dog. Looks like the wicked witch may get taken out by the silver bullet. Hey ho silver and away!

12/17 8:30 ET Empire State Fed Manu.
12/18 8:30 ET Housing Starts and Building Permits