These are pretty good, no? Really close to surface on all of them.
Eric Original there was a rumor that Kinross is raising capital (1 billion) to buy more companies in the Yukon. The blurb I read specifically mentioned Kaminak as the possible target.
Ansell Capital Corp. on page 4 looks very interesting guys. Its property is connected to ATAC's and their most recent drill results dont look too bad.
Thanks for the info GoldistheFuture!
What's happening to our Yukon boys? I'm only in with Golden Predator but I watch both Smash and Kaminak, and all have been taking it on the chin for the past few days. Anybody hear any Yukon news that may be impacting these guys?
The impression I'm getting from the few press releases is that there is a tremendous backlog of assays to be done up there, so all our boys are waiting and waiting for the drill core results to come back. Plus some of them didn't even finish sampling and get started drilling until August, so they'll be lucky to get anything back anytime soon. Without news to report, they all just drip drip drip away...
See this release for an example:
"Receipt of assay results has seen delays due to high volume and continuous sample submittals, as a result of increased exploration activity in the Yukon."
I'm holding Kaminak, Ethos Capital, Smash Minerals, and Pacific Ridge Exploration.
It is a busy place. I guess that should be expected - now, how to free up some dry powder to take advantage...
This Yukon beatdown is killing me... AAUGH!
I hear ya. I'm ready to dump the whole shit. Except now they are such a small part of my portfolio it's kind of like, "why bother?"
Be right, sit tight. You guys will soon be having a buying opportunity in the Yukon when drilling season is over.
If nothing else, I thought we could depend on ATC to hang in there but it really got taken out behind the woodshed. I reality though the whole venture exchange sucks. Its been in a downtrend since Mar and the volume is only half of what we need.
Just sumbled upon this site.. Following the Yukon plays myself and invested in ATC and PEX. Both of which I think hold good potential. I expect a news release of both of them early this week.
"The impression I'm getting from the few press releases is that there is a tremendous backlog of assays"
According to ATAC the turnaround time for assays reaches 2 months.
News out today. I'm not blown away by it. Neither is the market as PEX is down hard. I guess that's one lottery ticket I can forget about.
Several negative factors that will likely keep the explorers under pressure until spring:
* Backlog in the labs; limited drill results (speculators lose interest ).
* Winter setting in; seasonal work ending.
* Explorers are out of favor during "fear" stages of markets.
* Tax loss selling season is beginning.
All will work to keep things depressed for a few months. It would take news of a huge new discovery to break things out of the fall/winter malaise.
Yup. Adding to my Yukon collection. It doesn't matter to me if they take a while to bounce back. I'm stocking up while the SALE is on!
I like these numbers a lot.
I haven't been a big believer in GPD up until now, but with good drilling out, and the stock down, I finally had to buy some.
Well you're getting it at a bargain and if this Yukon annihilation ever stops, you will be rewarded handsomely.
great thread forum here.
My initial observations.
1) Jasper nailed the key points for the Yukon plays....especially that w hen the market is in panic sell mode,not to mention the exaggerated slam down by the manipulating wizard on wall street....the Juniors get hit hardest.
so while I ordinarily would want to place a stink bid on Golden Predator here at the .70 area...I'm placing it now at .60 area instead,and anticipating one more wave down .
2) Folks were very happy and bullish about their Yukon stocks this summer...somebody was crowing about Northern Tiger at 45 cents and 60 cents.... and look at the collapse !!! Wasnt anyone anticipating the possibility of further correction . Answer....its impossible to know what the manipulators will do in their rigged game.
But now we know.
They can screw us up beyond imagination. Did anyone imagine when silver was at 49 that it could be slammed down to 26.
No. I didnt either.
3) Expect the worst lowest support level to get hit.....and if you want the stock , place the stink bid there. Like Northern Tiger at 10 cents. and then to sell it at 40 cents. or something like that.
4) I agree with those who say its important to hold a basket of Yukon miners.
and now we get a chance to buy then again at bargain prices. But this time ,If they reach the tops...I will sell 1/2 and take some profits. just to make the remainder of shares free to hold. a free basket of yukon miners.
and then sit back and wait for them to get taken over.
The market is always a rigged game and tricky to play.