Give Thanks and Pass the Jackass

In a holiday tradition here at TFMR, our old pal Jim Willie returns today to discuss a wide range of issues with questions posed by listeners in our A2A webinar format.

Following an initial, 30-minute discussion of the significance of the recent events in Saudi Arabia, The Jackass spends nearly an hour fielding questions directly from the audience. Among the topics covered:

• the growing economic conflict between the US and "the Eurasian Alliance"
  • the Swiss banks and shortages of allocated gold
  • reports of US intervention to allow ISIS terrorists to escape Raqqa
  • that "The Big Reset" has already begun, you likely just haven't noticed
  • the Saudi Aramco IPO and what it signifies
  • Jim's preferred asset allocation mix
  • and, in true Jackass free-form style, a whole lot more in between

This baby checks in at 85 minutes. At an average speed of 70 mph, that means you can cover nearly 100 miles of drive time while listening on your way to your in-laws! For everyone else, maybe break it up into segments so that you don't miss anything.

Enjoy,

Texas Sandman CC Horses
Nov 26, 2017 - 9:33am

Selling bitcoin cash

kraken exchange fully supports bitcoin cash.

just be aware the bitcoin cash transfers do take some time...

Markedtofuture
Nov 26, 2017 - 10:23am

Dark Money Will Cause Hyperinflation – Rob Kirby

By Greg Hunter’s USAWatchdog.com (Early Sunday Release)

Macroeconomic analyst Rob Kirby says there is enough so-called “Dark Money” already out there to cause hyperinflation. Kirby explains, “The Saint Louis Fed keeps track of the monetary aggregates, and they tell us the money supply is “X.” My view of reliability of that data reporting–I think it’s all bogus because they are not measuring or counting how many dollars would be contained in an entity like the Exchange Stabilization Fund (ESF) where it’s “Dark Money.” Instead of the money supply being “X,” maybe the real money supply is 4 or 5 or 10 times “X.”

So, the money needed for hyperinflation does not need to be created, it’s already in existence. Kirby says, “Yes, it is in existence. It’s hiding in dark pools where the monetary elites have it at their disposal anytime they want to do an intervention in the gold market and dump paper dollars or digital dollars into the COMEX to knock the price of gold down. They have it at their fingertips whenever they want to use it. When the U.S. government auctions bonds, and the foreign interest isn’t big enough to soak up all the bonds, they have this dark slush fund where they can pull money out of . . . and they can effectively prop up and buy bonds whenever they want. I find it truly amazing that the United States of America has never had a failed bond auction.”

Kirby also points out, “If you accept that these “Dark Dollars” exist, I now pose this question. What happens if the people in control of those “Dark Dollars,” the trillions of “Dark Dollars” that are in existence, what happens if they get concerned that those “Dark Dollars” might soon turn into confetti and be worthless? What do you think they’re going to do with those dollars then? . . . . They would buy everything and anything, anything they perceive to be rising in value or tangible, anything they think would be accepted in commerce around the world. Bitcoin would be one of the go-to things, but I would say expressly the real objects of that money would be the physical metals, gold and silver. This could topple the debacle that goes on in paper markets in COMEX and London. I have long predicted, and I do believe I will live to see a day, that you cannot buy an ounce of gold with fiat money.”

Kirby says the price suppression of gold and silver is in the process of ending. Kirby says, “In the very near future . . . we are going to experience precious metals to be cryptoized and put on the blockchain. . . . These are going to be superior alternatives to GLD and SLV, and this will bring transparency to the price discovery process for both gold and silver. What this means is GLD, SLV and COMEX are going to be made irrelevant by the cryptoizing of physical metal.”

Kirby predicts that, at some point, the price of physical gold and silver will skyrocket, and the same bankers who suppressed the price will turn around and send it to the moon. Kirby contends, “When the banks feel this is a foregone conclusion, that the price of gold and silver are going up . . . they are going to try to front run it. Banks try to front run everything.”

Join Greg Hunter as he goes One-on-One with gold and silver expert Rob Kirby of KirbyAnalytics.com

(To Donate to USAWatchdog.com Click Here)

Rob Kirby – Bankers Will Send Gold and Silver Prices to the Moon
billhilly
Nov 26, 2017 - 10:46am

A little bitterness...

...this morning; watching Bitcoin and other cryptos soar higher every day knowing full well that this is the way Gold and Silver should be acting too. I'm happy for the crypto-bugs but...sorry for the Sunday downer comment !

canary
Nov 26, 2017 - 11:18am

Evolution.....

Species that best adapt to the changing environment have the best chance of survival....Time for me to buy more cryptos.

DPMS308
Nov 26, 2017 - 11:20am

@Chocolatechiphorses bitcoin cash to Bitcoin conversion

Chocolatechiphorses,

You could use https://changelly.com/ to do a conversion from bitcoin cash to Bitcoin. Check the fees and try a small transaction to test to make sure you understand the process. You send the Bitcoin cash to an address they provide and they covert it for you and send it back in the crypto of your choice to the receive wallet you provided. This is the beauty of blockchain, there is a public record so you can see the transaction being confirmed. With the high volume of money pouring into the crypo market in the last 5 days, it could take minutes to hours for the transaction to complete because of throughput issues. This may have changed in the last 6 months. They used to have an advisory on processing times when I used this service in the past.

You just choose from the drop down on each side and you see the conversion that will be performed. I checked and BCH is in the dropdown but if a crypto isn't in the dropdown, search for it and it might still be available.

I have used this site in the past without issue before finally opening a Bittrex account when I jumped in with both feet to build a diverse portfolio of cryptos. After the conversion, you could then send the BTC to Coinbase to cash out or buy gold/silver at an online PM dealer.

Regards,

Stacker of everything.

Angry Chef
Nov 26, 2017 - 12:30pm

BTC At $9,000.00

What I don't understand about BTC is the price. I understand encryption. I understand Blockchain. I understand supply and demand. I understand a secure alternative to our fiat ponzi. I get it. What I don't get is $9,000.00/BTC ???? WTF....I read recently that most Americans don't have $400.00 dollars in case of emergency. When I speak to people about the need to own Gold ( and Silver ), on more than one occasion people have replied the price for Gold is too high and I can't afford that. So where does $9,000.00/BTC come from ? And how in the World could we possibly see numbers like $50,0000 or $100,000.00 per BTC ?

Angry Chef
Nov 26, 2017 - 12:52pm

Alexander Solzhenitsyn’s 1978 Harvard Address

This is in Russian and has an English speaker alongside. Or you can read the manuscript. It's an hour long and really quite prophetic to where we are today almost 40 years later.

CC Horses
Nov 26, 2017 - 1:48pm

Wizdum, TX Sandman, DPMS308 thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I am

no techie, and I am a little intimidated by all this. But I do have a toe in the cyptos and I have managed to use Coinbase with my Trezor. I guess it's time to learn some different exchanges. Thanks Again!

Texas Sandman
Nov 26, 2017 - 1:49pm

@angrychef

Why $9000 for bitcoin? Because there isn't a CME contract on it used to push the price down. When there is such a contract, will it collapse? Maybe. If TPTB consider it a threat to the fiat ponzi, it's a really good bet they will tank it the same as gold/silver. Maybe it won't be seen as a threat. But gold & silver have been money historically for 5000 years. The coinage act of 1792 defined a dollar as a weight of silver. The chinese word for money IS silver. Therefore they are threats to the status quo and must be suppressed at all costs. All that history hasn't been repealed even though the BenBernank has stated under oath gold isn't money before congress.

It's not very hard to understand.

An ounce of gold or silver is best viewed as a short position against the currency used to buy the metal.

CaptK
Nov 26, 2017 - 2:02pm

Muir: “People Are Going To Be Wiped Out” By Short-VIX ETFs

What will happen if the market corrects? It may not happen next week or next month, but it will correct.

"Brokerages have caught on to this, Muir says. Interactive Brokers, one of the largest online brokerages, is now asking retail investors to post between 300%-400% margin when they short certain VIX contracts – because brokerages recognize that one sharp drawdown in the S&P 500 could blow millions of short traders out of their positions, potentially leaving thousands of customers with massive negative balances that could threaten the brokerages’ existence.

Should the VIX suddenly spike, the repercussions of such a move would be further complicated by the billions of dollars sitting in various VIX-linked ETFs. Because individuals sellers would probably disappear from the market in such a situation, the ETF market makers would find it nearly impossible to hedge their positions, potentially triggering the dissolution of the funds, or even the collapse of some of these firms.

Of course, it would take a large intraday move to trigger a truly catastrophic spike in the VIX. But at least one analyst, Bank of America’s Michael Hartnett – whose work we have cited here – believes there could be a 1987-style crash in the early months of 2018. Hartnett’s reasoning? The bearish positioning seen at the beginning of 2017 has completely flipped. Investors’ long positions are larger than they’ve been in years.

And as we’ve repeatedly pointed out, with volatility and volume so subdued, hedge funds have remained overwhelmingly short vol, fearful of missing out on even one tick of the torrid rally for fear of pissing off their clients.

One things for certain: Given the market’s already dramatically overextended rally, the day of reckoning is coming. The only question is will it be a steady decline, or will it happen suddenly?

Given the incredibly stretched nature of positioning, the latter scenario, Muir and Co. believe, seems far more likely."

Noteriety
Nov 26, 2017 - 3:08pm

ArtL

ArtL : What I once found intriguing, I know iss happening. Enjoy the ride ladies and gents.

*That message of Qanon calling the Trump tweet was pretty convincing.

Jihk2431
Nov 26, 2017 - 3:30pm

Angry Chef - why is gold $1290?

Price is what people are paying for a product. Don't get perplexed by the price, but focus on the trend. There is a ton of money coming into the crypto space in the next year. The price of Bitcoin could easily grow another ten fold next year. Will it? Who knows. Could it go down, sure. I happen to think this is where the next wave of credit is going as they need someplace to push the excess credit. People should decide whether they are willing to ride that wave, but it is coming and it will not be stopped.

Angry Chef
Nov 26, 2017 - 4:05pm
mavens
Nov 26, 2017 - 4:13pm

BTC @ $9,000 = pretty easy to understand

You don't have to buy ONE BTC when you buy BTC. You can buy BTC in fractions as tiny as one hundred millionth of a BTC, or all the way out to 8 decimal points, I believe...

Nobody here thinks $9,000/oz gold is "crazy", but try to imagine purchasing "one-hundred-millionth of an ounce of phyz gold". If there were no paper gold, and you were only able to purchase gold in the smallest PRACTICAL physical quantity, it sure as shit wouldn't be anywhere near as small as 0.00000001 oz of gold, and an ounce would probably be worth north of 15K right now and most "normies" wouldn't understand why or how in the fuck that could possibly be the case.

AlphaRob billhilly
Nov 26, 2017 - 4:15pm

Bitterness

Anyone in PM should be there for the long game. When Short Vol inevitably reverts to the mean its going to be epic. GLTA

Ronnie 666 Angry Chef
Nov 26, 2017 - 4:30pm

It’s now an infection ? Angry Chef

It’s amazing what garbage you dig up. You call them Zionists to avoid the word Jew. You call them a disease - well I have news for you you are not the first.

“For us, this is not a problem you can turn a blind eye to-one to be solved by small concessions. For us, it is a problem of whether our nation can ever recover its health, whether the Jewish spirit can ever really be eradicated. Don't be misled into thinking you can fight a disease without killing the carrier, without destroying the bacillus. Don't think you can fight racial tuberculosis without taking care to rid the nation of the carrier of that racial tuberculosis. This Jewish contamination will not subside, this poisoning of the nation will not end, until the carrier himself, the Jew, has been banished from our midst.” Adolf Hitler 1920.

Please take your anti Semitic crap elsewhere.

Noteriety
Nov 26, 2017 - 4:35pm

Please! Let's Avoid another one of these ^^^^ Debates

A distraction from the bigger picture and a huge negative on this board.

AGXIIK
Nov 26, 2017 - 4:38pm

Gold and silver are the best form of money

You can always count on that after everything else has been tried. Crypto currencies are being tried because they are the next best thing. Smart money, digital wallets and electronic currencies don't have the cache of a Bit Coin. They're like a CD player.

BTC is new and fresh. Who wouldn't want to have a piece of something that went up 16% in the last 7 days and can be used to buy gold and silver too boot. It's not for me however. I've chased too many unicorns to be interested in jumping on this train.

Been through the era of gold and silver rising 2000% and 5000% respectively. Ditto for banks, tech, real estate and mortgages. Made money; lost money; kept a nice bit but lost 3 times as much doing stupid stuff or not exiting in time.

The VIX is as important right now as signal in the market. It will kill the market and everyone who is participating when the VIX goes to 50 or higher. Like CaptK notes, people will be destroyed by the volatility. The market is so crowded that everyone trying to exit at the same time will get NO BID. Liquidity is not sufficient to handle the crisis when VIX has cornered the market.

Best thing to do is not play. That goes for stocks, bonds, real estate and cryptos. The the fire starts the exits will be closed. Smart money has already left the building. Everything else is just ring fencing and the sheep still thinking it's possible to eat for free.

Ronnie 666
Nov 26, 2017 - 4:42pm

Please! Let's Avoid another one of these ^^^^ Debates

I agree we dont need this, but this is not a debate. This is a metals forum with an economic bent and this constant spewing of anti-semitism helps no one. It only detracts from Turds great forum and work.

imfd
Nov 26, 2017 - 4:58pm

Bitcoin food for thought

This is a link to a Twitter post, it makes you think doesn`t it !

Compwiz4u
Nov 26, 2017 - 6:04pm

Bitcoin & My Pitchfork Technique

Since its still the weekend I have an update to my Bitcoin Pitchfork chart.

Bitcoin hit the Median Line exactly today before pulling back a little. That line actually acts like a magnet because the technique is based on physics, i.e., Newton's Third Law.

My prediction of $10,000 by the end of the year is still on track.

NUGTCALL
Nov 26, 2017 - 6:23pm

BTC

May make 10,000 by Dec 1, why wait till the year end?

canary
Nov 26, 2017 - 7:00pm

Cryptocurrencies journey.....

Has been a mega surprise to me....Likely for most of us.

Edit...And I did not wish them well for quite sometime....Now I do.

Gold and silver still are priority for me....and I love the miners (don't know why).

canary
Nov 26, 2017 - 7:36pm

To the waves of younger investors....

Fascinated with cryptos...gold must be quite a vintage.

Wizdum
Nov 26, 2017 - 7:46pm

BTC

actual limited supply

Havenstein
Nov 26, 2017 - 7:52pm

fooling around

Today I listened to Andrew Maguire tell Eric King of KWN fame that a GOLD RESET could happen at ANY TIME. (just a couple months later than expected!).

Shortly thereafter my mind turned to this memorable classic...

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.” -- George W. Bush

I don't know why I still believe Andrew Maguire but I do.

Final note. In the end, if Mr. Maguire is proven to be a charlatan I will (deleted).

- H.

garth
Nov 26, 2017 - 7:52pm

@canary

Hi Canary - I've spent about an hour so far today trying to find the latest chart that you post showing the short and long positions on the COT but still haven't found it yet. I really appreciate that when you post it. Could I trouble you to post it again or provide the link? Do you make that or is there a place you get it from? Thanks

mavens
Nov 26, 2017 - 7:57pm

BTC

Van Halen- Runnin' with the devil
twippers
Nov 26, 2017 - 8:22pm

cryptos

Ask yourself this one simple question.... if the banks and govts are willing to work incredibly hard at suppressing gold and silver, and they work excessively hard at it through manipulation and propaganda, why aren’t they doing it with the cryptos?

canary
Nov 26, 2017 - 8:30pm

@garth....Here it is...

Go to the 7 th yellow box...on the bottom you will see "see key COT charts"...click on it. On top there are four small circles (gold, silver, platinum, palladium)...Select the one you like.

4/23 10:00 ET New Home Sales
4/26 8:30 ET Q1 GDP first guess

4/16 9:15 ET Cap Util and Ind Prod
4/17 8:30 ET Trade Deficit (Feb)
4/18 8:30 ET Retail Sales (March)
4/18 10:00 ET Business Inventories (Feb)
4/19 8:30 ET Housing Starts and Building Permits

4/1 8:30 ET Retail Sales (Feb)
4/1 9:45 ET Markit & ISM Manu PMIs
4/1 10:00 ET Construction Spending (Feb)
4/1 10:00 ET Business Inventories (Jan)
4/2 8:30 ET Durable Goods (Feb)
4/3 9:45 ET Markit & ISM Services PMIs