It's Tuesday?

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 - 10:27am

I don't know about you but I'm having real trouble with this being Tuesday. These Monday holidays always mess me up.

I've received several emails enquiring about the end of the summer doldrums. "How will we know?, they ask. "When will it be safe to get back in the water?", they want to know. Frankly, the end will start like today. A massive, short-covering spike on no real news that catches everyone off guard.

Could today be the end? I doubt it. If it were a month from now or if we were closer to doing some serious, bullish technical damage to the shorts, I'd be more inclined to believe it. For now, just enjoy seeing all of the green. Here are charts of the Big Three. Crude is the main one to watch today as a close back above $96 would make me very nervous if I was short and crude moving back toward triple digits will provided added strength to the PM bid later this week.

paper_7-5amcrude.jpg

paper_7-5amgold.jpgpaper_7-5amsilv.jpg

PLEASE take time to read this today, too. I don't know who this author is. I've never met or corresponded with him. However, not only does he have a 100% spot-on take on the Evil Empire and all its ugliness, he's 100% correct on the fraud that is the financial planning industry, too. Yes, there are good investment advisors out there but they are very few are far between. If you are currently working with one and he/she is advising you to "diversify" and "asset allocate" to "manage risk", while at the same time disparaging gold, silver and hard assets, RUN DON'T WALK out of this person's office.

I have lasts of 1510, 34.97 and 96.48. A nice way to start the week. More later. TF

Shill · Jul 5, 2011 - 3:29pm

I loves Gold

I Love Gold!
Save_America1st BillAuAg · Jul 5, 2011 - 3:48pm

Bacon...ah, the good old days...

Funny...I'm getting bacon flashbacks from the old forum. Which is pretty cool actually...there definitely are/were some things about the old forum conversations that ran on forever across all kinds of topics lumped under one of Turd's masterpiece write-ups that I don't see on here as much. Good times for sure...

Now it's like everyone is spread out in all different areas and I have to hunt everything down in different rooms, etc.

But please don't get me wrong...this new site is very kick-ass for sure, and I always highly recommend it to everyone I can. I even have the security guard/police at Gainesville Coins reading it while they're on duty at the shop! lol

I don't mind at all cruzing through all the different rooms checking out what everyone is talking about. I do like all the options and different forum areas.

I know I don't post very much at all, but I always read everything people posted on the old site, and am still reading all the damn time on this one. It was just easier for me not to miss any comments on the old site even when some went insanely long.

But going back to last January when I joined the old forum, it seemed to have that small-town community feel to it which was really cool. I'm sure you know what I mean, and it's still seems really cool to have been a part (in a very small way) of the beginnings of this now almost legendary forum.

The bacon just brings back the memories...I can almost smell it now, lol.

How long did everyone go on talking about bacon on there? lol I thought it was pretty cool.

I also miss the word verifications the old site came up with...some were classics.

But you know what we're missing now that was such a big part of the old site? Aren't we missing the Blythe videos? Maybe I've missed that area, but I don't see a designated area for all the Blythe videos. Those are classics. Maybe I'll put this in the suggestions area, but there should be a "room" just for the videos.

Between Turd's Blythe videos and SGS's bears videos you have some pretty damn hilarious entertainment and education right there!

I know the Turd is mighty busy, but just wondering if there's a new Blythe video in the works...maybe a full-length 20 or 30 minutes video? That would be very kick ass...and it would kinda be like "the good old days" too...

Gramp · Jul 5, 2011 - 4:10pm

Looked at APMEX thinking

Looked at APMEX thinking about few more oz Silver, u r paying about $40.00 an oz. + Delivery fee, @ current $35 ish per oz.,

If that isn't a disconnect from Paper/Phys. , don't know what is!

Not sure if I should order online, or look for a Local dealer or seller... less PAPER... the better...

Strongsidejedi · Jul 5, 2011 - 4:16pm

response to california lawyer

Sir,

I enjoy reading your postings.

I thought all lawyers only ask questions when you already know the answer!

You asked why silver was moving.

LOL

Are you asking because you already knew that the answer was manipulation?

There is no question as to why the commodities are moving in my mind.

As I posted several weeks ago, I am looking forward to this july.

If CCI moves down and Ag < 35 and Au < 1500, then I will get to reach my goals a bit faster.

If CCI moves up and Ag> 40 and Au>1600, then I will get a different goal faster, but my primary goal is delayed.

The action was in London this morning and NYC /COMEX only replicated.

The question is whether or not the BOS shows during HK/Sydney/Shanghai trading hours in the next 8-12 hours. If so, then I can only conclude that TPTB have already written off the Euro and PIIGS make good bacon.

Say, did we talk about Bacon?

I like that Bacon!

Pass me some PIIGS meat too, and I'm not talking about the Sovereign debt TP either. I'm talking genuine PIIGS meat, sausage, bacon, ham, the whole thing.

(really enjoying seeing the old pseudonyms back up on this thread and reading the comments... feels like the old blog today).

LongGoldLongSilver · Jul 5, 2011 - 4:20pm

Gold Silver COT

https://www.economicfreefall.com/2011/07/gold-and-silver-update.html Most bullish setup since April of 2009 when silver was at $12/oz! Gold has almost reached the levels of the January 2011 bottom.

silvermedusa Bay · Jul 5, 2011 - 4:25pm

Bacon

Eric, No shit! I buy my pork from farmer friend, good and cheap, no drugs, no GMO feed, etc. But I ran out and had to go buy some emergency (!) bacon at the store the other day. Couldn't believe the price. Was worse when I got home and saw the package was only 12oz, not a full 16oz like they used to be. Was "on sale" for $3.39/package. That's $4.52/lb. Yikes! I buy my pork from farmer friend for $2/lb. I have chickens, but maybe I will add a hog or two soon.

Strongsidejedi LongGoldLongSilver · Jul 5, 2011 - 4:32pm
¤ · Jul 5, 2011 - 4:33pm

Banker Swine/Citizen Flounder

Pearls Before Swine

Tipzi · Jul 5, 2011 - 4:47pm

Coin shop report

Visited a local coin shop Saturday. This is a decent-sized store catering to wealthier clientele, most of whom leave want lists and deposits to cover. Usually this shop is low on junk silver and that day wasn't an exception. I was looking to buy a couple of 10 oz bars at $370 each (including tax). The last time I visited was the day silver crashed from about $39 to below $34, so he was awash in silver purchased that morning at $37. He sold me four at $35.50/oz and took a loss. This time I was hoping that since silver has stabilized I could get some more at his advertised price of about $35/oz that he could actually make money on, but he only had three rounds and two bars, all 1 oz. I bought the rounds for $34.50 and 10 silver dollars, all he had available, at $29 each.

Most of the silver he gets is spoken for. He showed another customer bags of PMs that were pre-paid orders awaiting fulfillment. I'm in a fairly wealthy county and this is a decent-sized coin store, but clearly the demand has outstripped supply such that even with a 9.25% sales tax he can sell more than comes in, and hardly anything available to walk-in customers.

BTW - Since silver coinage is still legal tender, if I purchase junk silver from a retailer at 24x face then shouldn't the sales tax be paid on 23x face, the base face value being merely exchanged?

D E · Jul 5, 2011 - 4:48pm

Competitive Advantage

From Financial Times:

"Chinese women buy more whisky and fast cars than their western counterparts, for example, while men purchase more face creams and bags."

Road Trip.

· Jul 5, 2011 - 4:51pm

@ strongside- Old timers day

I was just thinking the same thing about the " old time" feel of the thread today- very cool. And would it be out of line to say that it makes me nostalgic for Turd's Bottom? And that I hope I see Turd's Bottom again very soon? I hope not. Because if yearning for Turds Bottom is wrong, then I don' t want to be right!

Bay · Jul 5, 2011 - 4:57pm

Kramer Meets Pigman

I think Kramer is on to something .... much experimentation has probably led to better tasting canned bacon ....

Marcus · Jul 5, 2011 - 4:58pm

charts!!!!

Turd, I am dying here. Where in the name of God are you getting your charts from? Futuresource? How is that possible? I have noticed a format change with futuresource in the last few days and can no longer access the charts you use as reference material in your postings. Please tell me how to access those charts. I really, desperately need them. Thank you.

Bay of Pigs · Jul 5, 2011 - 5:01pm

Gold Silver COT

Looking at that report you can only come to one conclusion, and that's much higher gold and silver prices. This thing looks like a coiled spring ready to lift off.

The COMEX having only 28M ounces down from over 100M just two years ago speaks volumes. After ten years or more, the cartel looks like is losing control and on it's last legs.

It obvious that supply/demand issues are going to rock this sector in a very big way one day. It will astound and confuse the pundits and other assorted PM douchebags who have no idea what the hell is happening right now behind the scenes.

Another few weeks and I say we're past all the bearish talk and gloomy forecasts and looking another multi month leg up.

Gotta run, Jeff Christian is coming on BNN now. I'll report (rip) on him later. LOL.

Strongsidejedi · Jul 5, 2011 - 5:01pm

That's What I Was Looking For

@Strongsidejedi:

Many thanks for your explanation. Yes, I did believe very strongly that in the absence of real market-moving information, that the only possible explanations for the sudden spike in silver spot was either (1) coincidence, or (2) some form of manipulation. I just did not have a good enough basis to support my supposition. Thanks! Your take certainly makes the most sense, as we all know there is no such thing as a coincidence.

murphy · Jul 5, 2011 - 5:03pm

Ron Paul's stock holdings released today-a lot of familiar names

EconomicPolicyJournal.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ron Paul's Stock Portfolio

He puts his money where his views are. It's chock full of gold stocks. He also is bearish on the stock market. He holds two exchange traded funds that will go up in value if the stock market goes down, Rydex-Ursa Mutual Fund and Prudent Bear Mutual Fund.

Today is the required filing date for members of Congress to turn in their personal financial disclosure reports. They are all here.

Here's Ron Paul's portfolio:

Agnico Eagle Mines
Allied Nevada Gold Corp.
Alumina Common
Anglo Gold Ashanti Ltd.
BrigusGold Corp. Com MPV (formerly Apollo Gold Corp)
Barrick Gold Corp.
Claude Research Inc
Coeur D'Alene Mines Corp.
Dundee Bancorp
Texas Dow Employees Credit Union
Texas Gulf Bank
Virginia Mines Inc.
Vista Gold Corp.
Viterra Inc
Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd.

(Note: Bank and Credit Union positions listed could be cash accounts held by Dr. Paul at the banks)

Dr. Paul has held many of these positions for many years, so his portfolio has done very nicely for him.

Dr G · Jul 5, 2011 - 5:12pm

Great day

What a wondeful day today. On vacation at a beautiful 190 acre property in the mountains, shot off lots of fireworks last night, and found a coin store in town selling Maples for $2 over spot. Bought 50 when spot was $35, and absolutely pleased to pay the $37/oz for beautiful coins that I'm fondling right now. Did I mention the part about it being a GREAT day? :) Ignore the paper plays and stack it. Stack it high! And don't worry, I'll probably go back for 50 more Maples tomorrow if my wife doesn't chain me down.

Bay of Pigs · Jul 5, 2011 - 5:18pm

Jeff Christian

Well, he didn't disappoint on his perma bearish stance. He said gold should top out at 1520-25 (July-August), then go down to 1440-1460, but could "easily" go down 1380. His "ceiling" for gold was 1540 with a possible "spike" to 1600.

LOL. Keep up the good work Jeff. You've been dead wrong for ten years, so why change now?

Why this guy gets interviewed at all is beyond me.

Shill · Jul 5, 2011 - 5:27pm

Nut job

Jay Carney is a fucking idiot.

There I said it. The only thing he is lacking is the crank protruding from his back.

LongGoldLongSilver Strongsidejedi · Jul 5, 2011 - 5:28pm

Thanks man! I just started

Thanks man! I just started blogging, and really appreciate reading that. Trying to update almost every day...Not that many readers yet!:S

Torpedo Fish · Jul 5, 2011 - 5:51pm

OANDA migration

Thank you for completing your account migration to OANDA Europe Limited.

Thanks GOD I am a happy OANDA EU account owner!

Migration took just 1 minute!

Advantages When You Trade with OANDA Europe:

jem FogHorn LegHorn · Jul 5, 2011 - 5:55pm

JS Kim

Kim's post today on ZH was excellent! He shoots down the whole establishment theory on diversity, which I never followed anyway. He also gives great encouragement to those of us holding miners.

Torpedo Fish LaMachinna · Jul 5, 2011 - 6:14pm

violence

Me thinks, it's more related to moon activity cycles.

Bay · Jul 5, 2011 - 6:15pm

Kramer Meets Pigman

Let's try again

Jimbio · Jul 5, 2011 - 6:20pm

Jimbio

One of those days where it sucks to be on the sidelines. Gold up, Crude up, silver Up, miners up. Congrats to everyone staying in there days like this. I kinda thought this whole "end of the QE"-thing would put a hamper on the miner-equities at least, but oh well.

Any encouraging words?

Bay · Jul 5, 2011 - 7:33pm
TheGoodDoctor beinki · Jul 5, 2011 - 7:44pm

@beinki Man you have one

@beinki Man you have one great sense of humor beinki! I always look forward to your videos! smiley Nice head shot! What do you use in the cannon?

Pablo · Jul 5, 2011 - 7:45pm

We're also missing...

"Ben Bernanke", "Blythe", "Evil", and the various other characters that used to roll around from time to time. They never come around anymore!

(Which is not necessarily such a bad thing!)

Great post today TF it reminds me of our 401K blowhards at work!

11/20 8:30 ET Housing Starts