Contest #2

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 1:08pm

First of all, I don't want to hear any sht (yet) about how "Turd blew that one". My recent attempt at predicting the future is in regards to gold, not silver, though I expect silver to come along for the ride. Gold is still well above $1800. IF it falls below 1800 and heads to 1700, I'll be the first to admit my error in judgment. Until then, my advice is to please refrain from the I-told-ya-sos and other smartypant remarks. Otherwise, you're going to end up looking like a jerk and you'll be laughed straight outta here.

Btw, here's an updated hourly gold chart. Still is being compressed by the main short-term trendline.

paper_9-14pmgold.jpg

I had to make a judgment call on contest #1 and I've judged the winner to be "ragandbone".

Submitted by ragandbone on September 14, 2011 - 11:36am.
172 countries...
But not:
Chad
Eritrea
N Korea

The correct answer is 176 out of 196 and the three countries guessed are correct. The full list is:

North America (1): Greenland
Africa (13): Chad, Niger, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Gabon, Namibia, Somalia, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Mauritania, Western Sahara, Eritrea, Malawi
Asia (3): Turkmenistan, North Korea, Tajikistan
Oceania (1): Papua New Guinea
South America (2): Guyana, French Guiana

"Ragandbone", please email me your mailing address at tfmetalsreport[at]gmail[dot]com.

OK, onto contest #2. The top 5 countries that visit TFMR are: US, Canada, UK, Australia and Germany. For another, autographed yellow hat, name 3 of the countries that make up 6-10.

GO!

Does Feb19 Comex gold close above $1250 on Friday?
77%

RaulP · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:04pm

guess

India, Iceland, Sweden

meegoreng1 · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:07pm

GO SVM!

For the contest:

China, India and S Korea.

I believe SVM is gonna be redeemed soon. Buy it at discount prices. What a fantastic opportunity. Have over 13k shares.

33 and a turd · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:07pm

India, Singapore, China

India, Singapore (JoeKa), China

Goofy · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:07pm

Sweden, Norway, Polen

Sweden, Norway, Polen

Tecumseh · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:08pm

Contest #2

India, Singapore, China

By the way Turd, are you sure some poor soul in Myanmar participates in the site? Shocking if true.

Shill · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:08pm
RaRaRasputin RaulP · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:08pm

2nd guess

Brazil

Ireland

New Zealand

silverwood · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:08pm

would you believe

Zimbabwe, Nepal and Mongolia

stained white shirt TF · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:09pm

Guess

Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Vietnam

SilverDog · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:10pm

Spain, Ireland and

Spain, Ireland and France.

This makes a lot more sense than a risky silver position right now.

proformatrillionaire Drifter · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:16pm

@ Drifter

Come on man!! Who would not want a "Turd" hat? It would be great to wear when taking a walk around the hood. Plus it is guaranteed to provide info such as who is aware of investing in PMs. I would not suspect that too many people would know where you "get a lid like that" right now. Sooner or later people will be asking if you got it from Turd Ferguson. When that happens, start selling your PMs.

Monkeybewy · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:16pm

opalboy · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:21pm

My guess's

Viet Nam

France

South Korea

Fortinbras · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:21pm

@Phantom re: multiple countries.

I was thinking the same thing and sent an email to Turd... I know that I have logged in from US, France, Netherlands, Ukraine, Lithuania, Slovakia, Czech Republic, UAE, Afghanistan and about 14 other countries that included Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Libya, Egypt and a few others over the last 90 days, but they wouldn't show as such. ;)

ericplatham · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:22pm

SVM... saga continues

According to thestreet.com, a securities fraud investigation has started against SVM. But don't worry, The Street dot com stated yesterday that SVM is a hold. If you trade SVM... you got balls. I went in and out in a few hours and I felt lucky to get out when I did.

a_guy_in_hainesville · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:23pm

India China Phillipines

India

China

Phillipines

Dakini · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:26pm

Endless Mountain's Silver Log Report for Today

I really appreciate the way he shares his knowledge and his sincerity.

· Sep 14, 2011 - 3:29pm

We Have a Winner!

Stop guessing. New thread soon.

bensgone · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:33pm

No Turd, you have not made

No Turd, you have not made any errors in judgment. You cannot possibly time and prognosticate these markets with absolute perfection. I know you want to, and when things are not in such dire straits and turmoil, perhaps your score is much better. Look at the nonsense manipulation going on today.

1. Dollar down

2. Crude down.

3. Dow up 226 points. Nasdaq up. S&P up.

4. Platinum up

5. Heating oil up

6. Gold down and silver down.

All of this is totally counter-intuitive and totally insane. Does not make a bit of sense. Who in their right mind buys this total B.S.?

Yes, I know the markets are manipulated in the extreme. I know they are mashing the Pm's with a vengeance for two whole weeks now. But who are these idiots that follow like lemmings to their own slaughter? Cuz, this ain't all EE buying those stocks. There are a lot of brain dead mind controlled idiots buying up this crap. When in hell are these fools going to wake up?? I get so tired of this nonsense. It's as if the whole world has gone totally nuts and everyone is doing the wrong thing. Todays market action is proof positive that mental illness is rampant.

You Turd, just keep doing what you have been doing so extremely well. I don't know anyone better at this than you. Short term daily market analysis is extremely difficult and you are the best. No one even comes close or dares to even try. Don't let anyone discourage you in the least.

At the very least, your daily updates and projections are an encouragement and inspiration to us all. Only idiots think you should always be flawlessly correct every day. Keep up the good work my friend, and yes, step out on a limb. We will be there to catch you when you fall.

BajaBandit · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:33pm

Singapore, India, China

Singapore, India, China

B.R.Valentine · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:34pm

Philippines, Nigeria,

Philippines, Nigeria, Pakistan?

Eric Original · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:34pm

Real Sim Phony

Thanx buddy!

I Am The Unknown Comic · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:34pm

Maybe?

India Canada Ireland

PS - did anybody guess Nunya, Dambidnez?

silverwood · Sep 14, 2011 - 3:36pm

The Wisdom of the markets?

So let see Dow and S&P up strongly

Gold and Silver off slightly and mostly range bound

Most PM miners in the red, so I guess the market is saying miners can't be profitable at these metal prices better buy JPM

But SVM is up 6% because all is well!

12/17 8:30 ET Empire State Fed Manu.
12/18 8:30 ET Housing Starts and Building Permits