Welcome to the updated TF Metals Report! We hope you enjoy the new experience.

We've changed payment processors, so any existing renewals will need to be re-subscribed after expiration. You will receive an email when this happens. If you have any questions, send a message through the Contact page.

An Encouraging Thursday

Thu, Sep 8, 2011 - 5:10pm

It what can only be construed as encouraging action, gold flew back higher today, nearly to the level it was before the blatant manipulation of Wednesday. I'll be very interested in the OI numbers tomorrow to see if today was primarily due to continued short covering by The Cartel.

I'll find it quite amusing if it was. To think that the SNB deliberately tried to manipulate gold lower only to be thwarted by the greedy, frightened, short-covering Cartel is wonderful to consider. Sort of like having your two worst enemies declare war upon each other. I'll stay happily on the sidelines while I giggle at my good fortune. At the end of days, survival instinct kicks in and everyone turns on each other. Perhaps that's what we're seeing here.

Regardless, The Turd is quite pleased with where we stand at this moment. Absent margin hikes or further intervention, the PMs look certain to trade higher this evening and into the overnight. (President O'bottom discussing the idea spending more money that we don't have should help provide the bids.) IF they can survive the usual 3:00 am LBMA beatdown, they will be poised for a stellar day tomorrow. Perhaps they will even finish with a green candle on the chart.

paper_9-8pmgold15.jpgpaper_9-8pmgold.jpg

paper_9-8pmsilv15.jpgpaper_9-8pmsilv.jpg

And if you haven't read this yet, I suggest you do it now. There's no sense in me commenting on it as I would imagine you can easily envision what I would say. (Something like "duh" or "ya think?" comes to mind.)

Have a great evening! TF

¤ · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:29pm

You are so correct that it's embarrassing to acknowledge almost.

I"m not feeling real confident right niw but this is about what I expected when this "plan" leaked out last night.

What this tells me more then anything is that they are not serious or they have absolutely no clue what to do right now. That's a bit unnerving but then again that's why we stack when we can.

This is really weak and I'm sure will be roundly criticized by everyone...except Chris Matthews.

Shill · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:29pm

Nice Purple Dress Mrs. Obama...See folks they don't even have to speak their dress speaks for them.

A-hole talking school now, school was fine until the .Gov put their hands in it. This speech sucks, Same shit different date.

Tesla · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:30pm

Oh...

Shill · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:33pm

And it only going to cost this much 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

If he says Swich Grass I am shutting the tube off.

33 and a turd ¤ · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:34pm

they are programmed to clap when his tone of voice changes or when he does specific hand movements

sevin · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:34pm

Let's just inject a bunch of money into the economy to stimulate growth. That has worked before... NOT. Stop standing up. It is bad for the knees. Ron Paul would be asleep if he was there.

Bay of Pigs · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:35pm

Good grief. The stooges in Congress aren't even listening to him and have no idea why they are standing and clapping.

An embarrassing scene to me. Nothing but political grandstanding by Obama. He has no idea what he's talking about.

Until we get a leader willing to tell the truth and take on the FED and the Banksters, we will get nowhere.

Vincent · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:36pm

DXY Chart D1

Dollar where you go? I not simple dollar - I dollar the bull!

"I want to see more Pontiac Aztecs all around the world" B.Obama 19:31

¤ · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:36pm

I think I spotted him in the background sitting on Barney Franks lap blush

Merlin, why the purple dress?
33 and a turd ¤ · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:36pm

duplicate post

Turdle GG TheGoodDoctor · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:36pm

Thanks for posting the Santa videos.

A pity that the interviewer isn't a bit more knowledegable.

Edit: I now see that the interviewer is JS Minset's co-founder. So maybe he is just trying to act dumb to help the uninitiated?

Mikey Shill · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:37pm

Damn , Hillary sure look s happy. Ha ha.

Think I'll go puke now and then drink heavily.

¤ · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:37pm

He's babbling. The speech writer for this will be looking for a job tomorrow.

Shill · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:38pm

Cue up the sympathetic tone. Beep beep beep beep..I am a robot...beep beep beep

beardeus · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:39pm

Oh fuck Obama! His statement about Social Security just now freaking pisses me off!

sevin · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:39pm

Someone needs to start the wave in the crowd because this is boring..

FriedEggs · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:39pm
Jake · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:40pm

Bay of Pigs · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:40pm

Ha ha....priceless! Nice...

Tesla · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:41pm

stevy · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:42pm

turd what happened to your 1700 and 1800 december gold call ? and 40-45 silver call spread ??

Jake · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:42pm

Shill · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:43pm

Now we have 9-11 threat ha ha ha ha ha OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Jake · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:45pm

ohiometalman · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:47pm

All I heard was spend, spend, spend....and I thought we were broke! Why can't we get that HAARP button pushed and drop Washington into the ocean? The States would have a better chance of fixing our own problems. I picked the wrong night to run low on booze :(

Bohemian · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:47pm

That's all I can say about that.

Bohemian Forrest

Bay of Pigs · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:47pm
Economical Disaster · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:49pm

ohiometalman · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:50pm

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing! I got up to get some 80 proof...god that woman is mortifying to look at!

Tesla · Sep 8, 2011 - 7:50pm

(O-bumma you make me wanna puke !!)

11/15 8:30 ET Empire State Fed