Silver Below $22

Sun, May 19, 2013 - 8:41pm

No additional commentary needed.

¤ · May 20, 2013 - 10:17am

An eye-opening good morning to all....

Save this link for the vid because it's something many of us are aware of but some of your friends or family may not be and realize the hypnotic effects they're under on a daily basis and since childhood.

Some of you might've already seen this and it's startling in that it's supposed to be (and is) an anti-western culture propaganda film for the North Korean homeland. Pushing aside the decided propaganda aspect of this and it's intent for the NK people some of the idea's are worth noting.

I hate to say it or admit, but posting something like this has me hesitant on some level as I'm a law abiding, peaceful American who is not seeking or advocating any form of any anti-government acts. That's my caveat to any group that might monitor such things online or sites like this one. You'd be silly not to recognize that at this point in our society imho.

However, this is a public video readily available on YT so I'm not real concerned by posting it here but the fact it honestly gave me some pause either speaks volumes about me (hey maybe, but I'm a realist) or the current and future environment about freedom of speech in the US.

I think it the latter because I'm not naive and there is no shortage of incidents that are ongoing that have given us something to think about.

Sooo...for the record, seeing as how we are technically at war with North Korea, I'll make it perfectly clear to anyone that I'm not a pro NK sympathizer in any way, shape or form nor am I anti-American or advocating anything along those lines. The vid is available on You Tube by them for public consumption.

You decide how slanted it actually is. It's somewhat accurate in some instances and blatantly skewed in other's as that's it's intent. However, each of us has our own definitions of 'skewed' and I'll leave it at that.

One of my meme's on here forever has been the messaging effect of the MSM/Hollywood industry since it's inception and it's mass effect on the general populace and their attitudes and the anesthetic effect on their sensibilities or (in)ability to react to certain events or stimuli.

Simply put....long term effects of the MSM/Hollywood effect has been put to great use that is nothing more than an emotional narcotic that has numbed down society as a whole. The distortion of what's real or what's sensational OR NOT has blurred the lines enough to pacify or frighten that which is normally an instinctual response in man/woman that simply isn't happening when certain events that effect us all might "normally" illicit a response.

Decide for yourself. This is graphic and you've been warned...

PROPAGANDA (2012) is a documentary film purportedly smuggled out of North Korea and focused upon analyzing and attacking the use of propaganda in the West to control its citizens. The Coming Crisis presents it here in its entirety. Viewer discretion is definitely advised.

dgstage · May 20, 2013 - 10:24am

IS A FORCE MAJEURE OF THE COMEX GOLD EXCHANGE REALLY JUST A TINF

IS A FORCE MAJEURE OF THE COMEX GOLD EXCHANGE REALLY JUST A TINFOIL HAT THEORY?

Bollocks · May 20, 2013 - 10:25am

@Gold Dog

How do I "sign up" to the raffle? I'm not clear about this (maybe I'm not the only one?).

Is it just a matter of clicking on the "donate" button?

Gold Dog · May 20, 2013 - 10:33am

Bollocks

Yes it is...Donations made to Feed the Turd in the amount of $20 US or the equivalent in Lbs get you one chance.

Because I am such a sweetheart, $200 gets you a dozen.

Turd will then announce the winners...I believe on a similar tape as the hat eating video of this morning.

Get your chances and get your popcorn ready!

YF,

D

PS- Sorry about the Ed's Granny crack!

Gold Dog · May 20, 2013 - 10:41am

Dead Cat

Great post! I look forward to hearing the first hand accounts of the jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Your friend,

Dog

Gold Dog · May 20, 2013 - 10:55am

New Prize Added!

Due to the recent controversy over the C-bomb being dropped this morning I give you this prize-

ACH- It really is the worst thing you can say in front of the ladies here in the States!

It is sort of like farting before the Queen!

(I didn't know it was her turn! Sorry Bollocks.)

Your friend,

Dog

Gold Dog · May 20, 2013 - 11:05am

DJ

I don't know the answer but have read that we all better be keeping exact records of our cosost.

A good rule of thumb to use with that bunch is whatever is worse for us is the method they use.

YF,

D

PS- Later, time for some exersise.

deadcatbounce67 Gold Dog · May 20, 2013 - 11:06am

Thanks Dog...

Thanks Dog, feeling a little lonely out here with just my metals. The ounces are all still there, but having a friend who can respect my views is worth as much as it's weight in gold. Have a great week, Dog!

achmachat · May 20, 2013 - 11:07am

fungible silver

this comes from a non US citizen who has no idea how IRS works... but I'm pretty sure that they don't have a list with serial numbers for your coins.

So 150 ounces of silver should be 150 ounces of silver for them.

· May 20, 2013 - 11:07am

A question

I hold some $45 silver bought on May 2 of 2011 when I caught a falling knife. I think I will sell 150 ounces to take my maximum IRS allowable loss of 3K for 2013. That should save me $700 in tax next year. To keep things legal, I'll have to spend the fiat on other prep items, which we need, rather than buying back AG or AU.

Tax Question: Is silver "fungible" from the IRS perspective? Or must I sell back the exact bars or coins that I purchased?  I'd rather sell my generic rounds and bars, keeping the junk coins and eagles.

2x2 · May 20, 2013 - 11:10am

yes, etiquette is important

Gold Dog is spot on: One should not erupt before the Queen. Like in polite Japanese society, man comes first, woman comes second...

Anyway, not my time zone anymore. Gold is even. What a day! What a **** day!

wouldyoubelieve... · May 20, 2013 - 11:12am

Dr J

please consult a tax expert, taking a deduction for a loss on PM's is not cut and dry, it has certain rules pertaining to how it is owned and sold as to it's "investment" or "hobby" status and whether any profit is investment or simple income or a loss is deductable.

langball · May 20, 2013 - 11:13am

Been following TF for a long

Been following TF for a long time, although got into metals back in 1999, which was dumb luck. I was reading gold-eagle and some guy posted an essay on moon cycles affecting gold! He nailed the big surge from $250 to $330 (on the back of EC gold sales limit announcements Sep 99). Anyway, have been through all the rallies and sell offs along the way and this one is nothing special. Am firmly in the 'PM's are just insurance' camp, 10-20%, trade a little around it but mostly just hold them and hopefully never need to cash them in. To those who got in at much higher prices and now don't have means to buy more, learn a lesson about diversification and asset allocation. Screen prices can be pushed wherever they want. Always be prepared to be wrong when it comes to timing. Ignore ALL predictions...unless related to moon cycles :)

The Green Manalishi · May 20, 2013 - 11:15am

Does Turd have to eat his hat again?

Byzantium · May 20, 2013 - 11:19am

Jim Willie interview

I thought that the interview was great.

Basically, what he says sounds on the mark, to me. The flagrant and violent market interventions that we are seeing, are not signs of cartel strength, but of panic and desperation.

It doesn't mean they won't pull it off, but at the same time, there is cause to believe that the devious little man behind the curtain appears to be shitting himself, and is running out of good options very fast.

ctob · May 20, 2013 - 11:21am

Like I said on friday

I said Friday in response to hand wringing that the Yen was going batshit nuts. This is just the start. Volatility is going to be a regular thing, dazed and confused for so long its not true. The game is afoot and its a currency battle royale while elites slit each other's throats to recover the gold they though they had. Mucho chaos.

I still think there will be another orchestrated smash into 19 though.

StevenBHorse · May 20, 2013 - 11:26am

IRS

Why are you going to tell them that you own metal in the first place?

When they levy a 90% windfall tax on precious metals, you will have already painted a bullseye on yourself.

Penny wise and pound foolish if you ask this horse.

buzlightening · May 20, 2013 - 11:31am

All commodity price fixed futures, backed by nothing

will liquidate. Who wants zero cash settlement for a futures contract delivering zero physical precious metals. Line of those saying get out of the bankstering system grows leaps and bounds daily. Google it and watch it grow exponentially daily. Mere weeks away from a complete implosion. Paper chasing equitease bulls are on the roller coaster sling shot to the highest peak where the track ends. No one will have time to react and this ponzi ride is over. Be safe out their turdites. This will all be epic and already is as paper gold and silver futures mkts crash globally. Won't take long for any of the cash settlement coming out of paper metals to sweep the streets clean of real physical; even here in ameriCON'd.

Admiral Ag Bar · May 20, 2013 - 11:37am

Silver slam picked up in my local paper

Hilarious. Regurgitated AP story in my local paper: https://www.newsobserver.com/2013/05/19/2904560/asia-markets-up-after-us...

I'll be picking up my OPM Kilo Bar today from the post office (ordered over a month ago).

I can only hope the smackdown lasts a few more months. If I get a new job, I can cash out my 401k and pension and load up while it is still on sale.

agNau · May 20, 2013 - 11:39am

Not convinced......

the dollar rally has ended at resistance. The problem with much more dollar strength is the market reaction when that level is bested......as continuation will pressure equity prices.........ALTHOUGH.....a little scrubbing off of price would be in order to return the market to more sustainable trajectory. I would think this dollar rise will continue...... The profits will be taken from the late comers in market..... Then the WHIP SAW will start the rise once again..... Whip saw on both the real money side..... And the paper money side of equation. Use care. THEY WANT YOUR METAL. THEY WILL OWN THE MAJORITY OF THE METAL WHEN THE DUST SETTLES. IMO.......THEY WILL COME AFTER THE REMAINING AT SOME POINT. IT IS ALSO MY OPINION THAT IF THE CURRENT SYSTEM REMAINS IN CONTROL, THEY WILL NEVER AGAIN ALLOW G&S TO LAUNCH AN ASSAULT AGAINST THEM. (They will remove it.)

SilverSurfers · May 20, 2013 - 11:40am

Working

to perfection, Kaye KWN, crimex slam, rob gld, slow drift up into slow boat HK for the double bottom line pop, while TA guy eats hat, perfection, I tell you, take em out, hard and fast. Just begging. Just Saying. Purchased a $5B lotto ticket for 2 AGE, up for grabs.

Slip away Clarence Carter

next post, you want to die laughing your socks off, check out stewart on watch dog about the IRS, math was never my strong point, geeegggusssss, way funny!!!

Sheetrocker · May 20, 2013 - 11:42am

@Dr Jerome

If I remember correctly from a conversation I had a couple of years ago with my tax guy, you must sell what you claim. If you sell generics, you must claim the cost of said generics, not the cost of your eagles.

Probably best to check with your accountant, as wouldyoubelieve... stated.

Zoltan · May 20, 2013 - 11:45am

Hong Kong Final Settlement Prices

They sure were lucky that the price got smashed at exactly the same time as they were going to close out everyone's positions and make them take paper instead of physical. /s

Z

Edit: Final price is not available yet but when it is disclosed it should show up on that link.

Iceberg Slim · May 20, 2013 - 11:46am

Back over $22

well that was short-lived. for now.

Bugzy · May 20, 2013 - 11:50am

DPH

Good to see the alternative perspective. It matters not ones point of view. One at least needs to chew on it.

Well done.

pforth · May 20, 2013 - 11:51am

So now that we're over 22...

So now that we're over 22 does Turd get to mock regurgitate his hat? Perhaps put it back together with tape?

As for those who wanted him to *really* swallow the pieces. I assume you're also offering to be first in line when it comes time to "pass the hat"?

· May 20, 2013 - 11:55am

Over 22

I'll believe in a turn-around when I see us break up through this down-trending channel. Just because we get slammed down and bounce back doesn't excite me the way it used to. Thanks for the tax advice--I'll call my accountant and report what he tells me.

Sheetrocker · May 20, 2013 - 12:01pm

From ZeroHedge

This doesn't sound like a recovery. CAT sales plummet....

and silver trading halted four times overnight.....

indosil · May 20, 2013 - 12:05pm

What a FUBM!!!!!!!!!!

What a FUBM!!!!!!!!!!

margaritatime · May 20, 2013 - 12:08pm

gaps gaps!

so let me get this straight, we had an air pocket that dropped the support level (sub 22).. and CME suspended trading due to four flash crashes - at twenty second intervals around 6:07, 6:09, 6:10 pm. there were also gaps - if no one else smells caution at the wind there...?

Also Byz - you will see a 70 GSR, it never hurts to cost-average trade, but I am more confident in my own models everyday that the GSR will peak in the low 70's. Gold always follows the trend, so since we are seeing a high GSR - look for gold to break out before silver. That will trend the GSR to a peak - it will not stay there long. Also, it isn't going to happen soon - maybe not until the other side of the doldrums, we will soon see.

11/20 8:30 ET Housing Starts