Welcome to the updated TF Metals Report! We hope you enjoy the new experience.

We've changed payment processors, so any existing renewals will need to be re-subscribed after expiration. You will receive an email when this happens. If you have any questions, send a message through the Contact page.

From Here, Where?

Sat, Apr 13, 2013 - 3:59pm

I've been thinking since yesterday about what I should write today. My first idea was to overwhelm you with information. Charts, data, links...the usual stuff, only more so. Then it dawned on me...that's probably not what you want to hear right now.

Besides there are all kinds of other websites out there where you can get that stuff. And today, I'm not too concerned about technicals. You see, my obligation is to you and to the other 28,939 unique IPs that hit this site yesterday. What do you need to hear? Or, put this way, if I was in your shoes, what would I want to hear from Turd this weekend?

Therefore I've decided, at least for today, to dispense with the charts and the links. I'm not going to mention the info that Andy shared on KWN or the fact that the GLD incredibly shed another 22.86 metric tonnes of "inventory" yesterday. (That's another 1,840 bars or 10 of my pallets, by the way.) Nope, none of that. If I were you, I'd want to be reassured that this wasn't all just a big crock of shit. All this gold stuff. All of the new reserve currency stuff. All of the Cartel manipulation stuff. All of it. I'd want to know that I hadn't been snookered and taken advantage of. I'd want to know that all of these "internet people" that I follow aren't simply making stuff up as they go along. And I'd want to know that they're sincere and that they're just as frustrated as I am.

So, I guess I'll start with myself. I think everyone knows this but I'll state it again: I'm just a nobody. I live in the American Midwest and my entire life has been spent doing pretty-much normal stuff. About five years ago, I quit the "corporate ladder" and pursued a path of independence. In 2009, I discovered ZeroHedge and the rest, as they say, is history. I now find myself in the middle of a global struggle against elements of the established central and bullion banking order. Suffice it to say: It's a surreal existence and not one that I could ever have envisioned. But I'm here now and waist-deep in the fight. Does this make me infallible or all-knowledgeable? Of course not. But I do my best to share with you, my dear reader, as much information and insight as I can.

The past eight months have been the most challenging. Not only have I lost all remaining faith in the idea that Americans live in a self-governing, representative republic, I've also been privileged(?) to witness first-hand some of the true depth of the corruption. Concurrently, I allowed myself to be totally caught off-guard by the ferocity of the attack on the precious metals after the announcement of QE∞. At this critical time, I should have anticipated that all necessary measures would be taken to discourage the ownership of any form of money other than fiat currency. In failing to recognize this contingency, I failed you, my dear reader. Though I am 100% confident in the accuracy of my predictions of "the end of the Great Keynesian Experiment", I failed to recognize that this current beatdown was both predictable and inevitable. I hope we've both learned something and that we both are able to keep from making the same mistake in the future.

But mistakes will still be made and the point of this post is to assure you that I am on your side and doing everything in my power to help you prepare for what is inevitably coming. I do so with all sincerity of purpose and the cloak of this responsibility wears heavily upon my soldiers every day. Just ask MrsF or the LTs. They'll tell you how they often catch me staring blankly off into the distance, seemingly detached from the moment. "What are you thinking about", they'll ask. "Oh, dear, where do I begin...". But that's OK; I'm not looking for sympathy. I just want you to know that I, and most everyone else I've had the privilege to meet within the metals "community", truly believe in the cause and we are doing our best to help as many as possible.

I've often said that the greatest thing about "being Turd" is the access this grants me and the friendships and contacts that I've been able to make, so, please indulge me this. As stated above, this post is not about me. It's about what I assume must be on your mind this weekend. Namely, is this real and are the people with these websites trustworthy? For what it's worth, here's some of what I know (with apologies to anyone I mistakenly leave out):

• Jim Sinclair (Santa): JSMineset was the first metals website I ever visited. That I've actually gotten to know Jim a little bit is a great honor. I've known a couple of NYSE-listed CEOs is in my life and Jim is no different. He smart and wise. Measured in his words but with a vision. Under no circumstances does he need to publish JSM but he does. Why? Because he cares. Period. He firmly believes that he can clearly see what is coming and he's trying to use his platform to warn as many as possible. You can trust and believe in him because I do.
  • Andrew Maguire: Not sure where to start and I'll try to keep this brief. Andy is a true gentleman and staunch ally of all of us. Sort of like Jim Sinclair, he doesn't need any of this but he's sick of the injustice and the inequity created by the bullion banks...and he's fighting back. Even though we've never met, I've come to trust him implicitly.
  • Ned Naylor-Leyland: I don't think you could find a nicer guy on the face of the planet. Again, just like so many of us, Ned's sort of had this stuff thrust upon him. But he's an eloquent spokesman for our cause and I've come to value him as a friend.
  • Jim Willie: You may think that Jim has some crazy theories. I know I do. But please do not doubt his intellect, his intuition or his sincerity. The guy is a true visionary and I have no doubt that, one day soon, he will be vindicated and treated as such.
  • Bill Murphy and Chris Powell: The veteran soldiers of the movement. Though Bill might seem a bit of a loose cannon from time to time, he's a good man and tireless campaigner against The Cartels. Chris is a solid, upright and honest man whose commitment and integrity benefits all of us.
  • Ted Butler, Ranting Andy, Mike Krieger, Jim Quinn, Kerry Lutz, Dave Janda, David Morgan, Alasdair Macleod, Jeff Nielson, Detlev Schilchter, John Williams: All of these guys either write newsletters or offer paid subscription analysis and I have either met them in person or made their acquaintance via Skype. All of them provide a valuable resource and all of them are doing everything they can to help the cause. I feel I can personally vouch for them and I strongly recommend that you trust them, too.
  • There are many others but, for the sake of your time, I'll stop here.

I could go on but I don't want to turn this into some kind of LoveFest. The point of this is what I stated above. Though you should always question the things you read, do your own research and due diligence, I wanted to pass along what I know to reassure you about the gold community and those involved within it. I hope I've done just that.

Please utilize the rest of this weekend to get some much-needed rest and relaxation. To me, it's quite clear that we have entered the final chapter of bullion bank hegemony and the days ahead are only going to get more volatile. You're going to need information and wisdom to see your way through it so I hope that this post has been a valuable use of your time.

See you Monday.

achmachat · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:26pm

is this guy coming into somebody's house, calling him and all his guests idiots?

57Goldtop · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:30pm

I hoped the new thread was leaving you behind, but here goes...

Check your meds, kids.

Why does price matter so much right now? Were you planning to cash out at $2000 for a new truck? Is this The End Of The Great Keynesian Experiment or The End Of The Lease On Your Silverado?

If you bought metals but need to cash out by the end of the week so you can git together a payment on your double-wide, tough titty.

Personally, I want PMs because I'm intelligent enough to research economic history, stubborn enough to ignore the people around me as they take on more debt, and sane enough to keep stacking as long as the leadership keeps ruining the economy with debt and buying billions of rounds of ammo.

Now, this might sound crazy, but some of us are fine with the price going down before the economy disintegrates. See, we like PMs, and we buy PMs with fiat, and with lower prices we can get more, and... oh never mind.

You're calling us idiots? So sad. Now, about your meds...

ancientmoney · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:31pm

Turd, you coined TEOTGKE, I believe. I think you may have underestimated what this really means. Graphs and charts mean nothing in this scenario.

It means that those who hold the majority of the wealth and power in the world, along with the means to control it in the future, are in jeopardy of losing it all.

They do not intend to give up on retaining this wealth and power before giving forth the fight of their lives. A cornered wolverine is a good word picture.

We have seen nothing yet. They have certainly shown their true colors ala CFTC looking askance, MFingG law changes, etc. But this has just been the opening act.

We have spoken of 1.6 billion ronds of ammo, 7,000 fully auto rifles, armored vehicles all deployed across the country. Who lends money to the government to do this? Why?

I have said for years now, after spending fiat on your day-to-day needs, prepare for what's coming. You'll want a low profile, and to stay out of the fray as much as possible when the real breakdown starts to happen. 6-12 mos. of food, water, adequate shelter and a means to protect it all. Then, physical PMs for the new financial system that emerges.

Everything else is secondary. 401-ks and IRAs will be worthless, as will any paper/dollar claim to anything. Some cash might be helpful--a few thou in $5, $10 and $20's might be handy, at least early-on.

This is a war. The bankers want to maintain their power and control that they have garnered through unfettered, fractional-reserved, fiat banking, in which they are they are not only the money-changers, but the money-creators. Gold and silver threaten their straglehold.

That is the message people need to internalize. Not where the dollar price of gold will be in a month, or 6 mos. or a year.

So It Goes · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:36pm

Ok - Tulving is back up.

Check it out - there is almost no silver for sale.

Even NTR bars - which are never more than $.59 over spot are now $.99 over spot.

Yikes.

buzlightening · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:36pm

Some parts still missing.

ctob · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:37pm

Gold has always been something mostly influenced by the Great Powers of the world. It is no different now but these Great Powers prefer to act as if it doesn't. What percentage of current bond purchases are performed by the Fed? POMOs won't be stopping anytime soon. What happens when the Fed buys 99% of bonds? If the Fed wer buying 99% of bonds what would people be using as a Safe Haven? Stocks? Possibly now but eventually stocks crash, it is there nature, then where? Gold is enemy number 1 and also desire number 1 for the great powers. Nothing has changed. We just have different window dressing. There is a reason there are bullion banks and their ties to sovreign powers are so tight. This is not a market. This is a war.

ReachWest · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:41pm

Turd. Thanks. That was a fabulous post and certainly demonstrates the kind of person you are. I don't know you, of course, you're just a guy online, but I feel in some peculiar way that you're the kind of man I would want to call a close friend. Oddly, I feel the same way about several of the folks who post comments here. (I won't bother naming anyone - but several of them are on the leaderboard and several are not.) I don't have similar feelings of community with any of the other online forums that I visit - there's something 'real' about Turdville.

We live in very strange times. I fear for my kids (who are now in their early twenties). I feel that they have been cheated by the self-indulgent narcissists among us who want to control everything from what we're allowed to do in our daily lives to what we think (and of course our money - our wealth - our efforts). It makes me sad to think my kids will not have the opportunities that they should. The criminals amongst us have stolen the next generations future in order to line their own pockets today. They will get what they are due in the end.

I know deep down in the pit of my being, that we must prepare for what is to come. The natural laws of economics will prevail. The Fed and the banks can do what they want to try to make the metals look unattractive, but those of us that are tuned-in know they are doing it for their own interests.

Apologies for the rant. I'm feeling somewhat fragile and nostalgic this afternoon.

ASIDE: To the folks that are getting bent out of shape over 1st, 2nd, 3rd or whatever. You are demonstrating your intolerance and immaturity - we all need a bit of frivolity - what difference does it make? - so kindly, screw off.

Chevy Thunder · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:42pm

If a house is on fire, and you run inside and tell everyone that it's on fire, and everyone ignores you and pretends that it's not, we'll...then, they're idiots.

To be clear, I don't think investing in gold is idiotic. At the right price and time, I'd be a buyer of gold, too.

I think worshipping gold/silver is idiotic. Believing that "price doesn't matter" is idiotic. And thinking that weight is the only metric that matters is idiotic. Delusional, too.

Plus, There are a few perfectly nice, good people here.

Bobbejaan · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:43pm

A just-about-perfect tone for a thread such as this after the recent global events & which offers peasants like me a much more useful insight (than any "crystal ball" posts/guesstimates) about yourself & the people you've dealt with.

THANK YOU KINDLY .... You're my kind of peasant. yes

Sláinte

Bob

The Watchman · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:43pm

Basil 57Goldtop · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:43pm

You said ....

".... See, we like PMs, and we buy PMs with fiat, and with lower prices we can get more ....."

You are so right. With lower prices , you can indeed get more PMs for your fiat, and that is why price DOES matter.

Thankyou for making my point so clearly !! Now do you understand ?

SE Boswell · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:45pm

@ Boswel:

For me, every time I pan a stream it's, it's the not knowin', whether I'm gonna come up with just plain mud or some of that yellow stuff.

That's livin'."

---------------------

Damn straight, Boswell! On Monday, I resigned from my job after all the changes that have been going on, especially after I saw my hours for next week cut. Basically coming up with mud, and shit was starting to get mixed up in it. Now, I go into the Renaissance faire circuit as a tradesperson.

@ Lamenting:

Jim Sinclair has been making a few mistakes about when... So far, I'm still correct. We are a little over a half-month from May, and silver is STILL nowhere near $30, never mind $40. Read my post in the Silver section of the forum, the one that says "$30-50 range" or something like that. Remember that every retracement from peak to peak has been about 50%. We still haven't hit that, but we are close now. I fully expected this takedown. You have to remember, we're about to go into summer, which is typically a weak time for gold on average. I really do not expect silver to start going up a lot until the FALL... And it may hit $50 by May 2014, and it's possible that we might not get there for another six months to a year after next May. You need to look at a 10-year chart of silver to get an idea of the expansion of the price increase, volatility, and the length of time in between peaks.

@Dryocopus

No... You don't realize that Bart is only one of FIVE commissioners (or I think four now, if I recall someone resigned). He can be our biggest ally on the face of the earth, and yet nothing gets done because he's always overruled by the others. What do you suggest in going after the others? I have emailed them, saying that if they do not do their jobs, post-America, we will come after them and arrest them. Guess what? That was some time ago, and nobody has shown up to take me in for questioning, so, they're not reading emails. You need to go up to the office and do what is necessary. How about assembling men to go after the companies ahd shut them down by force and dismantling the parts of the financial sector involved in this?

And Turd...

I see that you admitted that you got into this four or five years ago. I got into this almost eight and a half years ago. Back then, up to two years ago, I was doing this research 40-50 hours per week in addition to my part-time job, really learning about how the world REALLY works. I learned from most of the people you named from that time on. I already had most of my silver by the time you started. You have to realize that sometimes, you think like a trader. I always stand back in the shadows and wait to strike when it's like this, and I stop buying as soon as it starts galloping off. I hope that you will start paying attention to what I have to say from this time forward regarding silver. I'll say it again. I didn't think that silver would make a strong move towards $40 by May this year, and I still don't feel like it will. And I'll say it again; I believe that silver will hit $50 NO EARLIER than May 2014, and now, I believe that it won't reach its next peak until 2015 at least before it goes through this again for another 50% retracement. Print this out and see if I'm right by 2019.

I've got a feel for this because I understand human nature too well... I expect any and everything to happen to the government's advantage; after all, this is the struggle between the banking class and the people who are under its thumb. Rules are written to be broken, and you know who gets to break them. You know there's only one way to end this. Just don't let it be the Indian and Chinese military, or the Russians, who steps in to stop it, just like the Allied forces had to step in to stop it because the German people themselves couldn't stop the Nazi regime.

After all, I had the information I needed prior to the crash in May 2011 to look for a massive drop down. I knew about 3 weeks beforehand because I had ample warning that something was coming over the weekend via margin calls. It was a matter of which weekend it was going to be.

May 2014. Go outside. Quite the damn big-box retail jobs and go into the renaissance faire circuit or bug out. Move to another city and join that rock band. Do something to change things up. I am fully prepared to go homeless once my lease expires by putting my things in storage and living out of my Jeep while working as an apprentice and maybe writing a blog.

57Goldtop · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:48pm

Price does matter.

Back soon. I'm at the Liquor Store and the Revelstoke Spiced Whiskey is on SALE!

ON SALE.

Think I'll git two!

The Watchman · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:49pm

ctob · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:51pm

Saying Turd recomends buying at any price at any time is a straw man, he implicitly says different. Is he biased towards believing gold will attain a value that is considerably higher? Yes. Is he biased towards a view that the various forces aligned against the fundamentals can't hold? Yes I personally think he underestimates the effects of the sovreigns in the second one and given the history of gold I think this is a mistake that should not be made. But your statements are a strawman designed to make a fake argument you can always win.

hammerman · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:51pm

first gets a 1 oz gold coin.... 2nd gets 1oz silver.... 3rd gets nothing.... now some of you high net worth guys need tofigure out where the daily prizes come from...i did done my part....

El Gordo · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:55pm

does that mean it can still go on forever. I still don't think so.

Bobbejaan Green Lantern · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:56pm
Quote:
Green Lantern said :-

That is a most EXCELLENT, lucid, professional, humble, believable commentary! That post deserves to be pinned up someplace accesible for people to read in the future as an extended mission statement It nicely summarizes what you and Turdville are about.

Or even Turdeddevil wink

Karankawa · Apr 13, 2013 - 5:58pm

So It Goes · Apr 13, 2013 - 6:03pm

The part I have not seen addressed is the shortfall that Cyprus has to come up with.

Let's say that the European masters are asking Cyprus to come up with 8 Billion Euros.

The "excess gold" that Cyprus has is currently valued at only 500 Million Euros.

The gold is valued at only 6.25% of the total debt - so how does giving up its gold reserves help out Cyprus?

If this gold could back the entire debt - gold would have to be valued at $23,648/oz

All this tells me is that gold is indeed a store of value - and that value has yet to be determined in terms of fiat.

RaRaRasputin · Apr 13, 2013 - 6:03pm

Great post - as always :)

I became frustrated this time last week and have since channeled my energies into sorting through our possessions and trying to disconnect from all our chattels and to then sell/charity donate as much 'stuff' that is no longer necessary. Excess books, CD's, DVD's, clothes, games are all being turned into fiat to then be turned into PM's or given to those whose need might be greater than ours.

I thought I had done all the prep that was needed but you can always find a way to gift to others or free fiat from the system (while it still has some intrinsic value) and put it to good use ;) Plus it is a handy distraction to the continued tearing apart of the global financial system at it's seams and the gyrations that then exerts on the value of our insurance policy.

Stack what you need and dispose of what will be of no value when the Great Keynesian Experiment finally ends .....

Texas Sandman · Apr 13, 2013 - 6:15pm

If this is more than momentary, I'll now accept there's a physical silver shortage.

Karankawa · Apr 13, 2013 - 6:16pm

Seriously folks, I don't like this any more than anyone else, but when I get that 'puke' feeling it does help to put things into a longer term perspective.

For folks that have been in PM's for a while, this isn't new. And looking back this too will be viewed as healthy market action, dumping out the week hands, who will become needed buyers at higher prices.

Texas Sandman · Apr 13, 2013 - 6:18pm

Buy physical until nothing is left. Nothing for apple computer. Nothing to make missiles for the war on the korean peninsula. Nothing for cell phones or computers.

When the economy stops, perhaps the CFTC will finally find there's been manipulation.

A man can dream.

Levon · Apr 13, 2013 - 6:19pm

Dear CIGAs,

My very humble take is Jim is correct and insiders are engineering a normal 33-38% correction without realizing it.

The Chinese and other wise buyers will add aggressively at 1350-1370, which would be approximately one third correction from 2002 bottom to 1900 top.

Many central bankers in China etc will try to make insiders pay by getting rid of some dollars in exchange for gold. The Chinese bankers all went to top schools for PhDs then worked at JP Morgan or Goldman on the international trading desk before joining the People’s Bank. They know how rigging works and how to twist the rigging to their advantage .

Speculators seeing other profit areas are temporarily distracted from gold. I look for them to return to long side about 1350.

Humbly,
Monty Guild

GoldMania3000 · Apr 13, 2013 - 6:19pm

Dear CIGAs,

Humbly,
Monty Guild

Jasper · Apr 13, 2013 - 6:22pm

G&S are the achilles heel of a fiat money system.

The masses (including us) trade our lives for money with no intrinsic value. Fiat money is money because of "trust". Gold and Silver are popular with the members of this site because this trust has been violated.

The events of yesterday are all about hiding the extent to which world central banks have violated that trust. TPTB are sucking the life out of entire nations because they have duped us all into trusting their FIAT (decree); trading our lives for their FIAT trinkets.

The world system of trade is based on trust. Trust that people will deliver the value they said they would (represented by money) in exchange for goods and services. This trust is the fabric that holds societies together. As we attempt to peer behind the mask to ascertain how bad it really is, we are rebuffed. We are told you may not see. You may not know what the freely traded exchange rate of G&S to FIAT is. If you knew what the real exchange rate was, the gig would be over.

When freely traded, the exchange rate between FIAT, and Gold and Silver indicates the decree to which the currency has been debased, and how much our civil govs have violated our trust. Friday's action was all about Governments not letting people see how badly the trust has been violated. Its all about keeping the proverbial canary in the coal mine on life support a little longer so the charade can continue.

I'm thinking the wheels are about to fall of this trickster wagon.

Its time so join Dylan and say, "I ain't gona work on Maggi's farm no more!"

dgstage · Apr 13, 2013 - 6:28pm

Not much inventory, a lot of Sold Out.

edit I just saw your post (so it goes) sorry

reefman · Apr 13, 2013 - 6:29pm

Hello all,

I had a good time on Friday at the conference in Toronto with Jim Sinclair. There were about 350 people in attendance. The purpose of the event was to warn people (especially the elderly) that their pension plans are in danger of a Cyprus-style bail-in. He also explained why Lagarde and DieselBOOM were put in hot water after their botching of the Cyprus situation.

He then opened the floor to questions - this was the bulk of the meeting. There were many, many questions and he answered each one in great detail.

If any of you were there, I was the one who spoke about my parents in Cyprus and how I warned them to take their money out of the banks last summer and my father's leather company that he is starting. You may remember me - I was wearing a red sweater.

Overall it was a very good event and very informative.

-Reefman

Louis Cypher · Apr 13, 2013 - 6:29pm

Turd and pooplets,

This is something you guys should be aware of. Bill Downey is not a guy given to flights of fancy so when he published this (see link) I took notice. His source is a known quantity and someone he has talked with for years.

In a nutshell on more than one occasion physical buyers have been locked out of the markets. Friday was one of them. Whether this was a "glitch" or not is the question but it did happen.

11/20 8:30 ET Housing Starts