For Your Consideration

Sun, Aug 21, 2011 - 12:51pm

I felt I must add these four items to the site today and the only efficient way to do it is to start a new thread. My risk in doing so is that everyone will move onto this thread and ignore the two from yesterday. Please don't. The two from yesterday are very important and require your attention.

First of all, please go back and re-read this post from last weekend:

The latest CoT has moderated some in its bullishness, particularly in gold. It doesn't signal the end of this historic rise in the price of gold but, maybe, you can begin to see it coming over the horizon. The silver CoT is still very strong. This is part of the reason silver rose about 50c on the Friday afternoon Globex. The Globex rise was equal parts CoT reaction and buyers front-running W.O.P.R. for Monday.

Next, ZH posted this yesterday and you should be sure to read it. This guy, Kastring, clearly "gets it" and he writes in a way that we all can understand.

Having read that, I need you to read this:

The general thesis makes a lot of sense and I can certainly see the central planning keynesians adopting this strategy as another way to perpetuate The Great Ponzi and buy additional time. Note that in comment #1 below, reader "The Hat Tip" provided us with a link to the GATA presentation made by this same author. If you've ever wondered what the heck "the end of the great keynesian experiment" means, click this link and take 10 minutes to read. Very well done.

That's all for now. I'm off to watch LT#2 play some soccer. Tonight, the nice folks at webbotforum have asked me to participate in an interview of the great Jim Rogers. Needless to say, The Turd is very excited. If I have any earth-shattering nuggets to pass along, I will post them later. The full interview will likely be available on their site by mid-week.

Just five hours and 10 minutes till the Globex open! TF

Shill · Aug 21, 2011 - 4:27pm

Love this chart from

Love this chart from FOFOA

Monday, August 6, 2001 - GOLD @ $267.20 - FOA: "The result will be a massive dollar price rise in gold that performs over several years, as the reserve function transition politically begins."
Tuesday, January 1, 2002 - Launch of euro notes and coins
Wednesday, November 9, 2010 - GOLD ABOVE $1400
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - GOLD ABOVE $1500
Monday, July 18, 2011 - GOLD ABOVE $1600
Monday, August 8, 2011 - GOLD ABOVE $1700
Thursday, August 18, 2011 - GOLD ABOVE $1800

¤ · Aug 21, 2011 - 4:37pm

Bet you've never heard about this/Buried by MSM

America's Third War: The U.S. Cut a Deal With the Sinaloa Cartel, Say Court Documents

By William Lajeunesse

VIDEO:https://video.foxnews.com/v/1095789955001/americas-third-war-us-mexican-...

cpnscarlet Shill · Aug 21, 2011 - 4:38pm

@Shill - "Yet the Dopes

@Shill - "Yet the Dopes continue to vote her in." Now there are some "fools" that need punishing....no, they need a "Damn Good Thrashing".

metalhead · Aug 21, 2011 - 4:41pm

Ayn, so vocally anti

Ayn, so vocally anti "collectivism" in her later years collected her Social Security check faithfully

Social security isn't a "free money" program. That was her money, earned by her labor. I'm sure she loathed the program just as I'm sure she could have invested her own money in far better ways... but the bottom line is, that's her money. Of course she was going to take back as much of it as she legally could. Why wouldn't she?

Irene · Aug 21, 2011 - 4:47pm

Animal Sacrifice

Barbara - wasn't she totally intimidated into it? She was this young thing and her husband idolized Rand (or maybe just wanted to really, really get ahead). Don't give me any of this bs about "rationalizing" what she did with all the parties and it not being adultery. She bullied and blackmailed here. Classic case of the boss demanding and getting. Frank wasn't up to his wife's intimidation either.

Gramp · Aug 21, 2011 - 4:50pm

Thinking...

If it is agreed that most politicians have been bought and paid for from Special Interests donations and all...

As we enter what has all the makings of a Real financial crisis, how can anyone expect the "Elected Officials" to be able to solve anything? These folks are inept, not by coincidence, they must be, to continue the BS just for their piece of the "pie". TPTB need good little laps dogs to listen. Unfortunately these folks appear to have little ability to resolve any crisis other than protecting their place at the trough... SAD.

¤ · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:00pm

Drool warning

To watch a vid of old gold coins and bars being picked off the ocean floor robotically and stacked very gently...go here>https://search.aol.com/aol/imageDetails?s_it=imageDetails&q=gold+treasur...

The largest treasure cache in American history was found 200 miles off the South Carolina coast, in 8,000 feet of seawater. In 1857, while underway from Panama to New York with a cargo of gold from the California gold fields, the "SS Central America" with 578 souls on board, went down in a hurricane. Referred to as "The Ship of Gold", the SS Central America carried an estimated 3 tons of gold, much of which was in the form of gold bars (ingots) and thousands of rare coins, with some of the gold coins having estimated collector value of over $30,000 per coin.

Using an underwater robot equipped with a Kraft Grips force feedback manipulator arm, the Central America's cargo of gold bars, coins, and nuggets was carefully recovered from the sea floor, while respecting the archeological value of the wreck. The performance characteristics of the Kraft force feedback manipulator arm played an important role in the salvage operation, particularly with regard to preserving the pristine condition and collector value of the gold coins.

S.S. Central America

S.S. Central America

Shill · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:06pm

BBC is reporting "2146:

BBC is reporting "2146: Al-Jazeera TV is reporting that Col Muammar Gaddafi's personal security team have surrendered and disarmed."

lilbromarky1 · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:12pm

They're going to use

They're going to use Gaddafi's gold to cover Hugo's request.

Shill · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:15pm

Dam you DPH!!!!

Been looking in my basement man :) That is one hell of a Cashe.

Drools.

71185208 · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:15pm

re: Alisdair Macleod's speech

I kindly recommend that everyone read Alasdair Macleod's 10 page GATA letter linked at the top of the page by Hat Tip.

I think it's one of the most succinct big-picture explanations of our current monetary and economic predicament I've read, something you can send to friends to put a stone in their shoes and hopefully enlighten them about why the world economy is in such a quandary.

As for me, I find that even though I try to share my understanding of how we got to the difficult situation we are in, how Keynesianism has wrecked us in most countries, very few of my friends and family actually really get it. I've lent "Economics in One Lesson" by Henry Hazlitt and Peter Schiff's recent book to friends but most don't care. Some (only a select few) know that I invest in PM's and PM stocks and I've had many discussions with them of where I believe we are headed in the next few years but even then they can't shake loose of conventional thinking.

I have convinced two people plus a girlfriend to invest in PM's but apart from that, lots of people just brush it off. To be fair, I try to gage my audience, and I don't discuss this with people who I know won't be interested, but what's sad is that so many people who currently have financial resources to prepare themselves for what is coming and have the intellectual capacity to understand where we are headed choose to bury heads in the sand. I've come to peace with it.

People are terrified of venturing off the beaten path. No, no, let's just worry about our mortgages and pensions and everything else will take care of itself. It's sad when it's relatives and friends you care about who are burying their heads in the sand, but you can only lead a horse to water...

ashtoncole · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:17pm

Interesting week ahead

We certainly have an interesting week ahead of us, much of it filled with uncertainty.

But as I went to church this morning, then came home and had a fantastic game of Frisbee with my amazing border collie TJ, sat and ate cheese and cherries with my son and our 2 dogs (one of our favorite things to eat), drank from a bottle of water that I have been storing, realized my food storage is finally starting to come together, (though there is still much to add to it), and anxiously await my next small shipment of silver due next week..........I realize how lucky I am and what a fantastic world we live in.

I am grateful to God for opening my eyes and helping me find the resources (Turd and everyone on this site) to prepare for difficult times.

There are dark and difficult days ahead but God has not forgotten us, however he will expect those of us who prepared, to step up when the time comes and help our fellow men who didn't prepare, and assist in putting this country back together.

Regardless of what religion each of us belong (or don't belong) to, we are still - One Nation Under God; and we believe in Liberty And Justice For All.

Thank you to everyone on this site and THANK YOU TURD for all you do!

cpnscarlet Shill · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:17pm

@DPH - Awful man! Drooling

@DPH - Awful man! Drooling over that picture is so "love of money"-ish! (Would someone hand me a napkin, please).

Vypuero · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:19pm

You almost feel the primal urge

From that GOLD just to HAVE IT! Wow amazing to see. Would that not be so great to be part of discovering?

Ojibwemowin · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:23pm

I wish I could take the time

I wish I could take the time every day to carefully read all the details posted here. I really appreciate Turd and you all here breaking things down for folks like me who are frantically balancing a very busy work schedule, kids, and myriad of other activities.

Anyways - lots going on in the word, but as King Solomon said "There is Nothing New Under the Sun." Those who prepare should also be prepared to help as many others as possible. I know some days it feel alienating and frustrating to reach those who don't get it. I work with a group of clinicians with MDs, PhD, MS and not a single one is aware of the ponzi being perpetrated. I am pretty quiet about my habits, but look for opportunities to mention a few things from time to time.

BTW on a trip to the LCS the other day I picked up my first Morgan, a 1881 beauty that won't be my last, God willing. I looked at it and imagined someone over a century ago slapping her down on the bar counter to buy a round for the house.

I also thought back to missed opportunities from my past. I used to collect US postage stamps as boy. My parents decided I was old enough to take the bus to downtown Mpls when I 10 years old. Daytons department store used to have a stamp and coin counter on the fourth floor where I bought my stamps. I am old enough to remember getting Franklin half dollars and some mercury dimes in the change from my paper route, but not thinking anything of it. But I sure like collecting them now!

Physical_only · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:25pm

RE: Jim Willie CB @ Mr.Ferguson

My new affable colleague Turd Ferguson pitched in with a few comments. His viewpoint and mine coincide and dovetail nicely. He added that the Commitment of Traders report from the COMEX is very bullish, as is the growing Open Interest. He expects much higher Gold & Silver prices soon. He added, "The COT report and the current COMEX Open Interest are exceedingly bullish too. It is simply a matter of time. The criminal CME/ COMEX/ Cartel raised silver margins 5 times in 9 days back in May. For now, the minimal leverage in silver versus gold is keeping demand in gold and not silver. As the criminals desperately raise gold margins, they will unwittingly level the leveraged playing field for silver. So, these guys only temporarily stymied silver with their margin hikes. By using the same dirty tricks on gold, they will drive specs back into silver. It sure can be tough on sanity but we will prevail since prepared." Important factors are opening channels for Gold profit to migrate into added Silver positions.

Haole · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:35pm

@California Lawyer

"Why are WE here?"

Because we are meant to be here at this point in time. I truly believe there are no accidents or coincidences in life. I sometimes muse that we have absolutely no free will other than to fulfill our destiny, one that may be largely pre-ordained.

There is a time to know, a time to learn and/or become aware,just as there is a time to die and come into another meat sack for another go around.. A time for one more baby step in our development, personally and as a "species".

It is no accident we have all ended-up with Turd, it was meant to happen.

IMHO

;)

Shill · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:38pm

Saif al-Islam (one of

Saif al-Islam (one of Qaddafi's sons) has been captured by rebel forces in Tripoli according to AJE just now

Lets hope the rebels can get a functioning government in place quickly - Otherwise your witnessing a Somolia situation develop.

¤ · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:43pm

Gold has a animal magnetism quality

Just the way @Vypuero said it.

We're all made from the same elements from the periodic table.

There does seem to be a undeniable attraction throughout history by man (and you ladies) to the heavy rock that probably reminded our ancestors of the sun. Melting

So It Goes exiledbear · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:43pm

Tola

"Rounded Edges for Smugglers
Almost all tola bars are the cast type with rounded edges. This type of bar was always popular with Indians smuggling the bars into India, often concealed inside the body. Please don't ask us for details about which body cavities, we will leave this to your imagination."

UMM - that was a good one. :-)

¤ · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:44pm

Shill

play by play Libya updates...love that cool

Tesla · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:48pm
KievAMadRussian · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:52pm
cpnscarlet Tesla · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:54pm

@Tesla - Thank you. (Slurp).

@Twsla - Thank you. (Slurp).

deadcatbounce · Aug 21, 2011 - 5:57pm

No cell phone service...

It might be worth mentioning that the most basic services, including cell phone service is not yet in place in the new Libya. But fear not, before Ghaddafi is cold, before the first McDonald's is built or the first German has booked a vacation - the New Libya already has a Central Bank. Hide your gold, guys... the Rothschild's are coming.

¤ · Aug 21, 2011 - 6:02pm

Libya

I have a feeling one of these nights very soon that were going to see one of those chaotic vid clips where we see Ghadaffi being arrested or killed or delivering some final rant etc.

¤ · Aug 21, 2011 - 6:03pm

Silver....whoa

Kitco shows a skyrocket....for now

Vypuero · Aug 21, 2011 - 6:04pm